True Blush

There class was almost at the other end of the school, and with the rest of there class still at lunch, they were pretty much alone. He watched her face go red and he smiled,

"Why are you so embarrassed? It's not like you did anything weird." He then looked forward to end of the hall as he tried to break the silence a little, "So, enjoying school so far? Aside from English I'm doing pretty well." he said as he looked to her with a sideways glance, still seeing a noticeable blush on her face.

"Who says I was embarrassed?" she snapped, getting defensive. "And I'm excelling in my classes, so how could I not be enjoying school?"

Because grades were the most important thing. Who cared about friends that she would end up leaving behind when she went to college, friends that she would grow apart from. Those sorts of relationships meant nothing. She didn't need them

Or so she told herself.

"Let's just go into class..." she grumbled.

"you're horrible at lying." he said once she snapped back. He knew she was doing very well, having seen them both at the top of the class more than once. He chuckled a little when she grumbled to jsut go to class, "You know, you don't have to be so mad. I'm only trying to be nice..." he said calmly, he really trying his hardest as they made there way to the door, the door locked when he tried to open it. "Well...just great..." he said as he looked to her, "Looks like we're waiting out here..."

"Ugh!" Ashley groaned, throwing up her hands. What now? She couldn't even come up with anything to say! And class didn't start for almost five minutes, meaning it could take that long for the teacher to show up. Ashley shifted on her feet, mind reeling.

Uunia sighed, noting her frustrations and stayed silent as she shuffled her feet. She was making it so hard for him to be friendly that he was starting to feel rather awkward around her. He then just thought of something that was starting to plague his mind, "Do...do I upset you or something...?" he looking with a frown on his face. "I mean, I know I'm blunt sometimes...and I really don't think about it sometimes when I speak...but you've been getting more and more aggravated..."

Ashley blinked.

"Eh, not.... No, you don't upset," she admitted. "More, I upset myself I suppose. I just have trouble communicating I suppose." She tried to laugh it off and leaned against the wall defeated.

"So then...I guess we both have trouble in english...but in different areas." he said with a chuckle, he trying to make a small joke, if not to make her a little more relaxed and in a slightly better mood. "Maybe if it would help if you talk more. I hear making friends is part of the learning process...the sharing of ideas and all..." He said as he leaned into the wall opposite her, he giving a small smile to her.

She frowned.

"I don't know what you mean. I have no problems with anything. I just... am having a moment," she countered. Never would she admit that she was less perfect to just anyone.

"A moment eh...?" he said coyly, he grinning a little, "You're horrible at lying...then again, we all are. We give too many signs when we aren't telling the truth...especially when we get defensive..." he said as he looked back at her.

Ashley sulked.

"I'm not lying..." she mumbled, still in denial even to herself. "Why don't you think of something to say then, smartypants?"

"Alright then." said Uunia as he gave himself a few seconds to think, "Ok, what do you do for fun, like any hobbies? I personally read alot, especailly since I haven't found the time to make friends."

Ashley blushed.

"I... don't really do much... But... I do collect... things. Like old things. Antiques. Small things, like old jewelry and stuff. I find them really interesting," she admitted. "And... oh, this is embarrassing, given my age, but I like to get the Lego sets. Like those boxes where you build what's on the picture? I have about thirty of them built around my room. I've been doing it since I was, like, ten."

"Oh, the lego sets. Heh...I always wanted those when I was growing up..." he said with a smile. "Where I'm from you were lucky to get toys at all." he said as he looked to her, he starting to blush a little himself, "Umm...sense you're going to be helping me...would it be ok...if I....umm...saw your lego collection?"

She blinked, surprised.

"Ah, sure... I suppose that would be okay," she said with a small smile. "I have some from all sorts of different series. There's a good variety."

"Great! I can't wait to see them." He said excitedly as he smiled back. "And that old stuff would be good to see to. I have some stuff from my old home I could show you if you ever wanted to see." He said as there teacher was just starting to come down the hallway. "Oh, looks like class is gonna start soon."

Ashley was kind of disappointed. She had began to enjoy talking to Uunia. But, she quickly got over it when the teacher unlocked the door and they were ushered in. She took her normal seat and waited for the rest of her classmates to file in. Her head turned to see where Uunia sat and, once pleased to know his position, began to unpack her supplies for class.

Uunia took his seat at the front of the class as people started pouring in behind them. He set up his desk like he did normally and had his note book and pencil at the ready but almost the entire time during class, he couldn't help but draw his attention to Ashley, he every now and then glancing her way through mid lecture. And for once, he was quite all the way through class, not even raising his hand for a question. The teacher took a little notice from it but didn't think it to be something to be concerned about.

Ashley paid complete attention to the lecture, taking in depth notes, as was her norm.

Soon enough, class was over. She looked at Uunia. They didn't have the next class together, but they had the last class together.

"See you," she told him shyly before leaving the classroom.

Uunia sighed once class was over, he knowing his notes were lacking a little but he got the meat of the subject that day. He did however mark the pages in his book he would have to look at for a better view of what they were going over. Once the class owas over, he started on his way out, his stuff in his hands and he ready to go to the next class when he saw Ashley again, she bidding him farewell til there next class. "Later." he said smiling a little as he made his way down to his next class, a few of the other students following in his wake as they made there way down. One of them, a boy a year older than Uunia with short brown hair and glasses walked up behind him and spoke up, "So you're oona...or...is it ouina?" he asked as teh made there way forward, "It's Uunia...." he responded.

"Yeah, yeah, sorry, but you were talking to that Ashley girl at lunch weren't you?"

"Yeah, I did....what of it...?"

"Heh, well either you're REALLY brave or you're just not in the loop but she NEVER talks to any of us, especially another guy."

"Maybe because she's shy...but I wanted to talk to her for help."

"Help?"

"My grades are slipping and she's-"

"You're grades? But....aren't you the top of the class...?"

"Well...yeah...but my English...it terrible..."

"But....you have a 'A'..."

Uunia then sighed as the made it to the door of the class he going to his desk, "I want to make sure I don't slip down to a 'B'...she's gonna keep me from doing that."

Ashley was nervously tapping her foot through all the rest of her classes, especially her last class. She wasn't sure why, but helping Uunia with his classes made her extremely tense and even more nervous. She couldn't concentrate on the subject at hand at all. She was well aware of what they were discussing, but she was too distracted to really participate.