Torturous

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wrapped his arms around her and sighed ''I'm gonna get you to a safe place, from there you have to do it on your own.. Don't worry, I know the people, they will take good care of you. It's not far from here.''
He closed his eyes for a second and kissed the top of her head ''You will still be able to see your friends, the rest of your family, they will figure out it was me sooner or later.''
He let go and smiled ''Let's go, they will adopt you.. They are the nicest people I have ever met, they would never do anything to hurt you. You will never be hit again.''

"No... I can't." she cried softly. "I'll be in and out of the system for years. The police will ask me over and over again, 'Who killed your father?' and I'm not ready to do that. I don't want to go back to civilization. They would believe me when I tell them about dad abusing me, but they would consider me a suspect. I don't want to live like that." she buried her face in his chest.

"You won't, I swear.. None of that will happen, I will own up to the crime.. Just trust me, I know it's hard, but have I ever hurt you?"
He whispered softly "I will make sure you are okay.. And when I've done my time, I will be right back taking care of you."

She lifted her head. "You don't understand." she whispered. "I don't want you to go. I want to stay here with you. I need you."

''But I killed your dad.. I don't want you to leave your friends behind..'' Jonjo sighed and looked down ''Losing me and keeping them would weigh up.. Your life wouldn't change much, it would just get happier..''

She chuckled bitterly. "What friends? They know a big girl with no feelings. I'm the little girl who curls up in the corner and cries while reading sad stories. They don't know the real me. I don't want to go back. I don't want you to leave me. I want to stay here." tears began flooding her cheeks. She turned around and ran back into the cabin.

Jonjo sighed and ran after her ''Megan!''
As they got in he turned around and locked the door.
He turned on the lights and looked around ''wow.. I remember this place.. I can't believe everything still works!''
He started looking for Megan and sat down next to her ''Please don't be mad at me.. I was trying to protect you.. I need to protect you.''
Jonjo was never good at expressing how he felt, but he needed to sooner or later ''I love you, Megan.. I can't handle you being hurt, it drives me insane. I want to make you happy.''

"Then stay." she said between sobs. "I can't fathom being happy without you." she buried her face in her hands, crying into them softly.

He wrapped his arms around her and sighed "I just.. I don't wanna put you through all of this.."

"No one matters more to me than you. I want to stay here, but only if you promise to stay here with me." she hugged him back.

"I promise.. I'll stay.. I'm sorry megan.." He whispered.
Her hugging him back felt like a dream, but she did, without him asking her to..
It made his heart beat almost out his chest, and all he could do was smile "you're amazing.."

She could stay like this forever, hidden from the world, living a life away from all the pain and sorrow. Frozen in time, nothing to ruin this. This embrace seemed to go on for what seemed like a lifetime, when she finally broke away from him.

"So... what should we do now?"

He looked around "uhm.. Yeah.. Good question.. The tv should still work, we could watch anything you like." He replied as he started to get up "you coming?" He asked as he held his hand out.

"I'll be with you in a little bit." she smiled, for the first time in years, it was a real, true smile.

"I'm gonna see what we have to eat."

He smiled and watched her "maybe I'll just eat you." He joked not realising how wrong it sounded, as it sank in he blushed "that totally came out in a way I didn't mean it.. I'm sorry.."

She blushed at his words. "It's okay, I understand what you meant." She walked off to the fridge and searched it's contents.
"I don't see anything edible. But, while running here, I saw a couple of berry bushes. I'll go back and look."

He looked down "yeah.. Sorry.." He smiled "so uhm, are you sure? I mean, I can run to mine and just take everything I got.."

"Okay, just remember to hurry. I don't want you to run into anyone." she smiled again. It was just so great to feel like this.

Jonjo nodded, kissed her cheek quickly and rushed off.
He grabbed a big sports bag and filled it with soda, snacks, and food out of the fridge.
He rushed to his room and quickly filled his backpack with clothes, shorts and stuff they could share.

He grabbed his dvd player, laptop, and dvd's and started making his way back to the cabin as fast as he could.
As he got to the cabin, he entered quietly. ''Megan? I got loads of stuff, I littarly grabbed everything I had.''

Megan was busy cleaning one of the rooms when she heard Jonjo call her name. She walked into the front room and smiled.

"Perfect. We'll last a few weeks with this." she quickly loaded the fridge and pantry. She gestured for him to come to the bedroom. Inside, the room looked orderly and neat. "It's the only bedroom in the cabin..."

Status
Not open for further replies.