Torture from a Widow

"That'll be all Mrs. Benson." She heard him reply and she silently gulped, staring as the older woman went out after sending another encouraging smile at her. After Mrs. Benson left and closed the door, Kat turned to the CEO and looked anywhere but his face. She was so nervous it was a miracle she hadn't fainted yet. He asked her to take a seat and she had no other choice but to approach him and ungracefully sat on the chair in front of him.

When he continued asking her if she had missed the convocation, she almost bolted out of the room there then. His words only reminded her why she should not be here. Awkward silence followed his statement and she felt the suffocating air of restlessness envelop them. She bowed her head again, cringing at how pathetic she looked. What the hell was she doing? She was acting like a star-struck girl and it was getting annoying. All this nervousness, this awkwardness, all this crap are getting through her patience. What was it with this man that made her like this? Was it because she had been rude to him? Is it because he's a high-profile person and she was thinking he can be her ticket for a job? Was it because he's beyond handsome, more so than she had thought? Shit. Clenching her hands into fist, she then squared her shoulders. She should suck it up. She was the one who came here. She can't do anything by acting like a fan girl. She raised her head and look at him straight in the eyes.

"Good day, Mr. Parker", she said again in a clear voice which made her glad. Great, at least she's not being a bumbling fool right now. The last thing she needed to show was weakness, and in front of someone like him that would be the most idiotic move she would do. " I've been on the convocation and I commend you for giving people like me an opportunity for a chance in your company. Thank you." She bowed and placed her hands on top of her lap. After a short while, she looked back again and smiled at him, now feeling more courageous than she did before. "My name is Katherine Ederra, and I am here to apologize." She added, getting straight to business. There's no need for her to waste more of the his time. "I'm sorry for being so rude to you the other day. It was not my intention. I really hope that I did not offend you. I'm sorry." She then stood up, her heart pounding fast after what she had said, and grabbed her bag. "That will be all. Thank you for your time, Mr. Parker. I'll be taking my leave now."

((It's ok! I don't really care about the length, I'm thankful for the details you have in your posts. (; Please just don't mind my wall of text for replies. XDD I'm really really chatty I can't help whatever I type @_@))

Victor quickly shuffled through he received shortly before Katherine had arrived. "Wait." He said, smiling to reassure her. "I like your directness. Let me review your resume real quick. Perhaps I can assess you now. It's a bit unfair to the others, but I think we can keep that between us." Victor smiled once more and started skimming her resume. He kept believing that something similar with Emily would show up. To both his demise and fortune, she was different. Very different. Vicotr actually liked her. Her style. Her background was not too great. She hadn't finished college and jumped from many jobs. He tried looking for something that would impress him, yet the only thing he found was her. She impressed him. Her beauty, her soft voice. Those weren't anything to get her a job, but Victor didn't want this to be the last time they spoke. "I accept your apology, but you did not need to. I like your resume, Katherine. You have potential. I can see it." Victor kept eye contact as she stood by the chair. "Keep your ears open for a call from my company. If you don't hear from us in two days, well you know what that means. It was nice to meet you formally, Katherine. You can go now if you please." Victor gave her a happy grin and set her resume aside.

Kat felt her eyes widened when she heard him. Once he started looking at her resume and reading through its content, she felt scared. And with a good reason. He would surely see how dismal her past work performances were. He'd know that she skipped from one part-time job to another as if they were clothes, not really staying more than a couple of months before changing to a new one. Feeling nervous and losing her new found courage, she waited with bated breath for his 'judgment'.

What he was doing was a great privilege for the purple-haired girl. She had never met someone who would do what he had offered her. Hell, after taking the exam along others on the convocation hall, she really thought she lost all hopes of being employed by the company. She was more than quite certain that she never stood a chance. She came here with hopes of asking for an apology and yet fate seemed to have something else planned for her.

She instinctively reddened when he commented that she had potential. It was one of the nicest things that were ever said to her. She tried to stare directly at him when she saw him looking at her as he explained the procedures for potential offers of employment. It was getting hard to look at him.
Handsome, wealthy and a nice guy to boot? Fuck! He's becoming more and more desirable in her eyes, and it wasn't something that makes her jump for joy. He surely won't get associated with someone of her stature. The more she stayed at his presence, the more she becomes overwhelmed with him. He was incredibly nice; so much nicer than the previous interviewers than she had and that was saying a lot. For a CEO, he was quite young too. She then wondered if he already had a wife. Surely someone like he was, he's bound to be involved with somebody. She didn't know why she suddenly became disappointed at that thought.

Shaking the indescribable feelings, she smiled back and replied. "It's a pleasure meeting you, Mr. Parker. I'm really thankful for this opportunity! Thank you, thank you! I hope you have a good day ahead." She nodded respectfully at him, her eyes shining with gratefulness before she made way for the door. Casting him another smile, she then opened it and left soon after.

Her spirits soaring high, she felt giddy as she entered the elevator. While he didn't outright said she got the job, she was more than happy enough. More than happy in fact. She never thought she would meet someone like him. Mr. Parker was very different, uniquely different. Kat walked out of the building with a new-found spring in her steps. The next two days would surely be torturous while she waited for a call. But even then, that thought didn't put a damper in her cheerful countenance. She had been stressing herself about Vincent Parker's reaction about her rudeness and knowing now, that he didn't hate her, did not even get mad at her immaturity, never failed to put a smile in her face.

Two days passed, and Victor had reviewed all of the resumes. It was a long, tedious task that left him stressed and miserable. The only thing that kept him remotely excited was Katherine. It was wrong to admit, but he wanted her to have a job, just so he could see her. There were many qualified job seekers, and Victor knew which ones would fit each slot, then there was Katherine. It wasn't that she was not qualified to work, it's just in a normal setting she wouldn't have gotten a well paying job. He finalized his results and looked them through. He had all seven positions filled. Katherine did not get the best paying position, however he did not make her the lowest either. He gave her a desk job on his floor that would pay her twenty dollars an hour. It was an incredible start to a woman of her status. Victor mentally hit himself. She didn't deserve it, and someone more qualified was now still jobless. He swallowed his pride and sent the letters to be mailed, along with the calls to be made.

Every phone call was the same, as it was prerecorded. It went as follows:

Hello, this is an automated message from The Guilded Gate Company. We are happy to inform you that your recent application has been reviewed and accepted. A letter will be sent in the mail describing specifics. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your day!

The letters were individually written by Victor. Katherine's was his first her wrote:

To Katherine Ederra.I am happy to inform you that a desk job has been filled by you. You will be trained for three days prior to work, which you will be paid to attend. Your job will include tasks such as specific item reviews, phone calls to importing companies, site design, and on certain occasions traveling out of state for meetings and hands on item checking. I hope that you will be pleased with your job and will become a permanent member of The Guilded Gate company. We have excellent life insurance and employee benefits, including holidays and a set amount of days you can miss. Your pay has been set at a starting point of twenty dollars an hour. You will work five days a week, with hours ranging from six to eight. Where these hours are fitted into your day is up to you. We have morning, day, afternoon, night, and late night shifts. Your shifts may very as well. We hope to see you at employee training in two weeks. If you decline your job offer, please email our company at [email protected]

(Victor's signature)
Victor Parker, CEO

Would it sound pathetic if one lost her valuable cell phone a day before she was waiting for a very important call from a company she just applied to? Well, that was what happened to Katherine Ederra, exactly twenty three hours before the deadline Mr. Parker had stated during their first and hopefully not last conversation for the results of her application exam. Repeatedly cursing her bad luck, the purple-haired girl had immediately borrowed a cell phone from her temporary roommate, promising to give it back as soon as she can and asking his mom to watch the phone at home just in case someone calls. Since she had been staying with them, she decided to place their phone number on her resume. She did not know why she had been so optimistic with the job at Guilded Gate but there were something from her vivid memory of Mr. Parker's grin that gives her hope for a position in the company. Recalling back the way he said she had the potential had always given her strength to look forward for the results of her application.

Despite this positivism though, Kat had continued to apply to different small part-time jobs she can come across. She didn't think it would be good to stop looking for one now. Donning on another constricting formal wear and high heels and talking to old geezers was better than moping back at the house, counting the cracks on the ceiling while she waited for her most coveted phone call. Sighing, she ran a hand through her hair and stopped on the sidewalk. She leaned on a lamp post and massaged an aching foot. Her feet hurt and she badly wanted to take a bath. She can bet she smells quite awful right now. But she had no other choice. She was, to put it simply, as good as broke. Her financial supply had already dwindled almost into nothing that she couldn't to afford the luxury of riding a cab any further. Which was why, she is currently about to go to the subway station, rushing for another interview.

She was about to walk again, after resting, when her borrowed phone rang. She took it out and looked at the caller ID. It was Scott's mother. She saw the light turn green and started crossing the street. Balancing her shoulder bag and application folder in one hand, she flipped the phone open and answered the call. "Yes, Mrs. Cray?" She asked once she heard the line connect.

"Katherine!" Said Kat couldn't help but cringe when she heard the shrilly voice speaking that blasted name. "Yes, ma'am?" She repeated sarcastically, imitating sales representatives on malls. But the sarcasm was lost on the older woman, and instead she continued shrieking, ecstatic, "A phone call came through dear! You should come home immediately! You've got the job! Congratulations!"

Kat felt her heart hammering wildly in her chest. Her voice just beyond a whisper, she muttered, "I… passed?" She stopped in the middle of the street, astounded. Was it really her chance? Did she really get that job at Guilded Gate? While she knew that Mr. Parker liked her (in a non-romantic sense) or something like that, she did not dare think it would be enough for him to employ her. She had no desirable and competitive qualities for an employee after all!

It was only the sound of loud continuous honks from different cars that reminded her of where she was. "Katherine?! Katherine? Whats those noise? Where are you, dear?" She heard Scott's mother repeatedly asking and she snapped out of her daze. "I'm sorry, I'm fine. Who called, Mrs. Cray?" She further inquired, flipping the bird at one of the angry drivers that she passed by.

After Scott's mother confirmed who had called, Kat immediately hurried to get home. With the smile never leaving her face, she decided to ditch her interview when she learned that a letter came by at the house. She succinctly said goodbye and went to the subway, waiting for the next train. No matter what happens she won't dare pass this opportunity. She hadn't read whatever on that letter yet but she figured it had something to do with what her job requires; just like many others that she had applied to.

She was so elated that she almost made an impulsive decision of going to Guilded Gate just to thank Mr. Parker. She knew that if it wasn't for him, she would never have gotten this job. She changed her mind midway though. It won't be logical and she'd look like a fantard if she did it. She decided that she will thank him properly when they meet again once her training starts.

((You can have another timeskip if you want (:))

Two weeks went by, and Victor had started easing off the idea of Katherine. Of course this was simply due to the fact he had not seen her since she visited his office. Each of the seven hired individuals came on different weeks. Katherine was the second. Victor awaited her arrival, standing outside his office with a coffee. His mind and heart had began to fluster as they did two weeks ago. He wanted to see her beauty again. He would enjoy training her, for it meant time with her. Perhaps she acted like Emily after you got to know her. No! Emily is not Katherine! She is different, but amazingly different. Arguments like these played out in his head the entire time he waited. He wore his best suit and sprayed his best cologne. Victor wanted to impress her. Victor wanted Katherine.

Kat spent the last two weeks doing odd jobs here and there to be able to save up and buy appropriate clothes and save enough money for her work at Guilded Gate. She knew that the little to almost nonexistent decent clothes she had won't simply suffice for the professional standards her new workplace required. During these days, the girl also made sure to settle loose ends she had with her previous jobs. She did not want her training and subsequently schedule at work to be compromised. Twenty dollars per hour would be more than enough for her, more than she could ever imagine, actually. And she figured that she only needed to extend a couple of weeks-- preferably one cut-off before she can finally move out of Scott's house. They were very nice people but she knew that she needed to leave as fast as she can.

Running a hand through her hair, she impatiently waited as the cab made way on the road. She was not yet late but she really wanted to make an impression and so she left the house earlier than usual. She busied herself by playing her newly bought cheap phone, counting time until the cab finally reached the Guilded Gate building. She paid the driver the fare and left, her heels clacking down the sidewalk.

After showing the receptionist the letter and all related documents, she entered the elevator and went up to the highest floor. She was given the desk job and according to the receptionist, she would be working with the CEO. Feeling apprehensive all of a sudden with the thought of sharing the same floor with Mr. Parker, she briefly closed her eyes and composed herself. She can do this. She won't mess things up; she surely just needed to calm down. She opened her eyes, and straightened the imaginary creases of her dress. The elevator stopped soon after and she stared ahead as it slowly opened.

She almost dropped her mouth open when she noticed the familiar man standing just a few steps away. He was dressed in a suit that showed off his well-built body and he smelled so amazing that Kat almost sniffed her there and then. Slightly reddening because of the uncharacteristic thought that crossed her mind, she sheepishly smiled at the beautiful man in front of her. 'He's so hot!'

"Good morning, Mr. Parker!" She greeted, the smile never leaving her face. She seemed more cheerful whenever she sees him-- something that she really can't understand why.

"Ms. Ederra! You're early. I already like you!" Victor meant that in a completely professional way, yet the back of his mind was meaning it in a whole other way. Victor smiled off the mental battle he was having and gestured her to follow him. They walked down past his office to another smaller one. It had a great view of the city. Victor wanted to impress her, as of being a CEO wasn't enough. "You'll be working here. It's got a nice view of the city. We have given you a desktop computer, up to date, as well as many office supplies. Your office is your own place. Decorate it as you'd like. I like my employees to feel like they want to be here." He gave her a friendly smile, with a hint of seduction. It was wrong that he was subtly coming on to her, but Victor couldn't help it. He spent the next few hours going over her work routine. Once the training was over, he led her to the elevator, smiling once more. "I'm sorry I bogged you down with many details. Please, take the weekend to go over your schedule and take it easy. I'll expect you here Monday ready to work." He took out an envelope. "Here, I decided to give you your pay for training all at once." Once again, Victor made an unfair move by giving her more money than she actually deserved. After she took the envelope in her hands, he extended his hand as a farewell. He had not made physical contact with her, minus the run in, and almost melted at the simple touch of her hand. He held her hand gently as they shook hands, and once the elevator arrived, he waved her goodbye.

Kat stared self-consciously in front of the mirror. She still felt like blushing every time she recalled what happened during the past few hours. She fondly smiled as she remembered how attentive and helpful Mr. Parker was. He made sure to explain every detail about her tasks and when she had some questions, he was always ready to answer her. He had just finished training her about what he expects her to do and while it was a little mind overloading, she was certain that she understood everything that he had discussed. Despite the fact that she was obviously… distracted, she made sure to listen clearly to his explanations. Her work routine was easy. Well, easier compared to her previous tasks and though she never got an office job before, she knew she would enjoy working in here. She ran a hand through her hair, too lazy to look for the comb hiding in the bag, and tucked stray strands behind her hair.

Mr. Vincent Parker. She sighed. Every time she thought about the man, she could not help but blush. She admired him, more so than she thought she would ever do. He was so kind, so gentle and so helpful that she almost always forgets he is her superior. Yes, he does treat her as normal as any ordinary employee he had but there was something about the man that never failed to make her feel special. She recalled the time they shook hands, and she marveled at the gentleness and yet the undeniable strength he possessed. He was so physically strong, but he was caring. He was not judgmental; compared to others who never gave her a chance, he did. He saw her potential, a potential, she wasn't even sure she had. He was encouraging and he was handsome, more stunning than every other person she knew. He is rich, but he is not arrogant. He was in all sense, perfect and she surprisingly found herself jealous of the woman who holds his attention; if there was someone that was.

She closed her eyes and groaned, placing a hand over her temple while doing so. What she was feeling was getting dangerous. It was absurd! She can feel it; the way she is getting more and more attached to him. What was supposed to be a simple admiration was getting deeper and she cannot (and could not dare) do anything to prevent it. Every moment, every interaction and every word he said, never help to ease the, the… fondness she felt for him. She shook her head and stared back at the mirror. She's getting crazy and too much ahead of herself. 'Get a grip, Katherine!' She harshly thought. Whatever fantasies she had were impossible. Vincent Parker and Katherine Ederra are worlds apart. Not only divided by the differences in their status but also of their age, and everything else in between. For all she knew, to him, she might nothing but an unknowing teenager-- someone he took pity on. It would not help her case to be delusional and hopeful for anything else. Suddenly depressed with that thought, she closed her bag and promptly left the comfort room. She needed to look for an apartment, and now that Mr. Parker gave her allowance in advance, she decided to use it wisely.

------xx

Monday morning came faster than she expected, and with it was the new week that Kat was excited and dreading for. Donned in a blue-colored blouse and knee-length skirt, and her trusty closed high heels, the purple-haired girl confidently made way for the elevator. She had finally come into some form of resolution over the weekends. After tons of deliberations and angst, she had decided to put an end to her foolishness. It was only her first official start today and she had to make sure that she would make a great impression. Such impression should never ever include fawning over her boss just like some love-sick school girl. The elevator halted, and soon she found herself on the highest floor.

Victor was in his office, typing away on his computer. He saw Katherine exit the elevator and smiled. He didn't go to see her, for he didn't want to appear obsessed, although it wouldn't come off that way. He simply went back to his work. If Victor was going to get Katherine to himself, he would have to do it slowly. He would seduce her a little everyday. It wasn't a weird thing. Men always tried to seduce women to be with them. Victor was older than her, but he didn't care. He wanted Katherine all to himself. When she walked by, Victor offered her a smile that would make most women blush. It was his natural charm, which he was told he had. If all things turned out well, she would come to his office, perhaps to ask a question or to see how he was, he wouldn't mind. In fact, he wanted her to.

Kat blushed and smiled at Mr. Parker when she passed by his office. His door was open and she can fully see the man busily typing away on the computer. He was very hard working and she almost drooled when she noted how he looked. If this is how her mornings will be, she will truly enjoy attending work, every single day. She gripped her bag tighter as if drawing some form of strength from it and exhaled a breath she did not know she was holding. She nodded and hastily went to her office. She set her things on the chair, removing a black-colored blazer in her arm. She turned her computer on; waiting as it loads, feeling antsy all of a sudden.

She looked back at the CEO's office. It would be bad work etiquette if she didn't properly greet him. Only smiling at him as she passed by is not proper. She shook her head and blinked, steeling her nerves as she suddenly felt nervous. It was only because of respect; she decided as she started to walk out of her office. It really had nothing to do with her eagerness to talk to him that she was about to approach him. Never mind the small voice echoing in her ears telling that her 'reasoning' was faulty, she walked towards the door and smiled brightly at her boss. "Hello, Mr. Parker. I hope you had a nice weekend". She lightly greeted, staring straight at the man's eyes and studying his expression. She won't let things become awkward between them because of her tiny bitty crush on him. He was nice and he didn't deserve anything less than respect from her. "Is there any way I can help?" She added, a curious tone in her voice as she looked around.

"I did, and I hope yours was fine as well. I am fine at the moment. We are currently at a slow point, which is unfortunate because your job will be sort of "slow" for now." He gave her a small frown for fun and laughed. He wanted some excuse to spend time with her, but could not think of anything. "If you need anything at all, I'm right next door." He smiled once more. He subtly admired her body. Her outfit was tight on her, and her small form could be seen. He would look down and up when she looked away or down st the floor. It was a very guy thing to do, and he wanted her right then and there. Such lustful thoughts coursed through his mind until finally he snapped to reality. "I can have some paperwork for you to begin on shortly. I'll also have to train someone on Friday again. I may need help with something then."

The purple-haired girl giggled at his attempt to lighten the mood, happy to know that he was not angry with her disturbance. She studied his office, all the while making sure to listen to him as he continued speaking. His office was clean and neat. It was stylishly decorated too, fitting for someone with his personality. She knew it was rude, not keeping direct contact as he talked but she can't help it. His presence was so overwhelming that she was having a hard time looking directly at him. 'Goodness, what the hell is happening to me?' She bowed her head down, nodding when he said about being next door for help. She mentally groaned, fighting the urge to roll her eyes at how inappropriate her thoughts were going. 'Now is not the time to be a fangirl, Kat!' It was a good thing she had never fainted easily because with the way her thoughts are going right now, she would have fainted long before. She looked up and smiled, showing her enthusiasm at the impending work he was telling her.

"I can have some paperwork for you to begin on shortly. I'll also have to train someone on Friday again. I may need help with something then."
Knowing that he was about to finish discussing what needs to be done, Kat inwardly frowned. It wasn't his fault that he is busy but she did not want to be dismissed yet. Careful not to let these kinds of thoughts show in her face, she nodded agreeably, sweetly smiling. "Yes, I understand, sir." She said and she began to leave. She was almost away from the office when she turned back again. "Do you want some coffee, Mr. Parker? I'm no Starbucks crew but I can make pretty good coffee". She offered, gesturing to the pantry she found just outside.

There was a nagging voice in her head that was continuously warning her about the dangers of flirting with her boss but she quickly silenced it. She truly wanted to spend more time with Mr. Parker, possibly know more about him if he'd let her. The fact that Mrs. Benson was not here yet was in itself a blessing for her.

"Coffee actually sounds nice." Victor smiled and when she departed, Victor stared her down. It was becoming almost unhealthy how much he was examining her, but he would not stop. He waited for her return, wanting to see her beautiful smile once again. He couldn't wait any longer, he wanted her now. There was no way she would accept a date already, it was far too soon. It drove him crazy thinking of how long it would take to ask her for one, if it would ever happen in the first place. He was her boss, and it was against morals to date an employee. This thought made him angry and it wasn't until she returned sometime later than he returned to a passive state. Dear God I want her. He thought as she placed a mug on his desk. "Please, stay with me, drink up." He said. "Tell me some things about yourself. We can think of this as a...post accepted interview." He smiled and took a sip of the coffee. "My, you weren't lying Katherine, this is a hell of a cup of coffee. Thank you." He was flirting now, and didn't even care.

Just a few words praises from her boss and Katherine is already sporting that ever present blush she always had whenever she's within his presence. She took her leave and went to the pantry to prepare the coffee. When she was done, she went back to his personal office and took a seat in front of Mr. Parker after handing him the cup of coffee. She subtly studied him, eyes eagerly taking every detail about him. When he asked her to stay she had been elated. She was thankful that he did not send her away yet. And it almost took all of her great effort not to jump in giddiness when he asked her to share about herself. Then he praised her again, and she couldn't help but redden as a response. "Thank you, Mr. Parker", she replied, bowing her head down, suddenly shy. "There's nothing interesting about me, sir." She humbly added and tucked a lock of purple hair behind her ears. She really can't help herself when she is with him. Being with him up close always left her in a muddled mess.

"H-how, about you Mr. Parker?" She stammered and stared at him from behind her lashes. She nervously placed her hands on top of her lap, hiding it from plain view. 'What the hell! Who is this bumbling fool currently inhabiting her body?' She inwardly groaned, truly ashamed of how she's acting. This was getting insane. She's truly getting more and more ridiculous with this fascination of hers. 'He's your boss, Katherine!' She mentally reprimanded, harshly reminding herself of the great gap between them. No matter how interested Mr. Vincent Parker seemed, it doesn't change the fact that things would never pass beyond simple flirting between them.

"I'm sure there is something interesting about you Katherine, I'll find out." He smiled and sipped his coffee once more. He was starting to really get under her skin with his words, and he loved every moment of it. "Something interesting about me? Hmm, besides being a CEO I'm just an average guy. It can get lonely though. Everyone believes I'm not normal just because I am so high up in business. I have a sketchy score with women." He used this to get the fact he was single out. He hadn't thought if Katherine herself was single, although by now it was pretty obvious. Vince offered her his formal, yet slightly seductive smile and waited for her to reply.

Katherine lowered her head to hide the blush that was threatening to show. Resisting the urge to smile for some unexplainable reason, she turned to the side to stare at the clear blue sky outside the wide glass windows. 'He's single!' She did not know where that thought came from or what it meant but it didn't stop her from feeling somewhat pleased with the idea. She indirectly looked at her boss, instead focusing on the space behind him. She doesn't think she can bear to look at him straight in the eyes right now. Every time she thought about his availability, she couldn't crush that small hope rising in her mind. All that she can think of is a chance-- albeit a small one, that she had with him. It was wrong of her to think this way. She needed to stop her foolishness before things get worse. She should not let herself get more caught up in this stupid admiration.

"I think you can just be intimidating, sir", she murmured, unable to stop the honest response that came out of her. She didn't mean for her words to come out that way and she greatly hoped she did not offend him. She dared to stare at him directly and smiled just in case he took her words negatively few moments later on. The girl wasn't used to awkward conversations. More often than not, she avoids awkwardness or any other scenarios related to things like these (which is why she's still in great disbelief of what's currently happening to her). "I'm sure that you have several women lining down in your feet and you'll find that special someone somewhere down that line." She added with a little teasing, now a little more confident in his presence. She should get used to him, if she wanted to stay longer in this job. She needed to be more objective and less personal. If she looked past his high status, and his undeniable handsomeness, she can really see the approachable and nice man that Mr. Parker is. She just needed to stamp the romance out of her mind and she's sure she will be less of a stuttering fool in front of him.

((PS. I noticed that you changed your status to "sick" I hope you feel better soon!))