Together, We have a Strong Heart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noel stared at him. She couldn't leave...if he stayed likes for much longer people would end up trying to kill him. "Can I see the necklace?" She asked, stepping forwards towards him. "When did you find it?" She asked, not taking her eyes off of where the necklace once was. That was what was causing this...if she only could get it from him.

Aofel took a step back as Noel took a step closer to him, making sure that the two of them where nowhere close to each other and that Noel's hand was out of grasp of the golden necklace with the key hanging around his neck. He had found it along one of his travels when he was trying to grow stronger, just like Noel, he wanted to try traveling and adventure with her one day too. The first thing he knew he needed was power, and the day he heard of the key he had taken up on the deal to find it. Never in his life did he expect it to turn out like it did, Aofel wasn't even aware that his heart had been slowly locked away from his grasp either, and in the end he lost completely control of his actions and his words, he was just the little part that was in his heart, that could not be taken away.

"You cannot," Aofel answered as he brushed off his shoulder once more and then sighed. It seemed as the 'peaceful' night he had been looking for had been thrown out the window the second Noel shower up. "I am going back to my house, do what you want," Aofel sighed before he began leaving Noel and the hill behind. Maybe he would get a chance another time, or maybe the next time he saw the full moon he would be painting it in the beautiful clear crimson color.

Noel watched him. "Just found it? That doesn't seem smart." She replied, pulling back her hands and folding them. Maybe is she continued over time to get him more comfortable could she get her hands on that necklace. Once off him, she would find out what this necklace was truly doing to him. As Aofel began walking off, Noel proceeded to follow him when a shadowy figure flash infront of her before making both Aofel and the figure disappeared from her sight.

"Who is she?" A quiet voice asked. There was no body to the voice, but it was a known voice to Aofel. "She seems interested in our-your necklace." It said as a body appeared, the form covered in dark purple robes. The face was dark, almost black, but the eyes were glowing yellow.

Aofel let himself walk off before the light consumed him, knowing this light all too well he let the 'minion' or what he more thought of as a 'servant' take him away from Noel's sight. She was nosy and annoying, How he wanted to make that voice go quiet, that those breaths would stop breathing in his air and those eyes that held the flame of life to go away, to vanquish. However, something deep inside of him kept him from doing that, and that happened to be Aofel, the one he had sealed away, but he could never lose complete control. "She's annoying, that is what she is," Aofel hissed to the servant, as it seemed he was getting a little bit full of himself. Their necklace? This key was Aofel's key, and his alone. There were no one else who had this key, no one. Not even Aofel himself, oh how he had lost his all mighty and strong heart from just wishing a little bit of power. What a selfish little wish.

"She's a friend of Aofel's. A childhood friend or something, it's making him act up and she's growing on my nerves," Aofel growled underneath his breath, before looking over to his 'servant' that could indeed be questionable at times, but it was the only sort of 'trust' the 'key' had managed to have in any sort of creature. "We should get rid of her," Aofel said as he held an all too familiar smirk across his face, the same smirk he held whenever he killed someone. "I cannot do it... Aofel is rejecting me, but you can," Aofel said as he looked over to the minion. It shouldn't be too hard to make his own servant kill off someone right?

Noel stared at the place Aofel once stood. He had simply dissapeared leaving her alone under the tree. "Should I even try..." She wondered aloud, turning towards the slowly livening town. "But to leave him like that, truly powerless? He would not leave me alone if I were such a monster." She mumbled beginning to walk. Entering the town, Noel's spirits were immediately lightened at the sight of bright colors, kids running around, and the smell of good food. Noel smiled brightly, deciding she could not leave him in such loneliness and would bring him to the festival, hoping the good memories would come back to him.

Ravi, the strange form following Aofel, laughed slightly. It was good Aofel wanted her gone, that would make one less person to deal with. Ravi's dark face spread into a white grin. "I can do that." He said, skipping lightly ahead of Aofel. "As soon as possible, of course." He added, looking back at Aofel briefly. Ravi's yellow eyes darted excitedly from Aofel's face to the path in front of him. "But, don't you think you should be careful? Since little Aofel is gaining some control, other people might spark his disobedience and maybe even take control again?" He chuckled, his wide smile teasing Aofel.

Aofel was pleased to hear that Ravi was planning on taking care of the 'problem' as quick as possible, the sooner the better. While Aofel might not be capable of doing so himself, it seemed to be no issue at all to ask someone else do it. How thankful he would be to his servant, but a servant's job and duty was to serve. The second that Ravi teased him, Aofel walked over to him and grabbed his shirt before lifting him up and letting their faces stay only inches away from each other, soulless eyes staring into Ravi's dark face. "You think I will lose to him? While he's misbehaving, it doesn't mean he will get control, he is just acting up," Aofel hissed before letting go of Ravi's collar and flinging him a little bit away, though not hard enough to knock the guy off his feet. If he was going to do the deed, then he would need to be at his best so Aofel had to beat someone else for his servants loose mouth, which was fine with him.

"Now. You go and get the deed done. I'm returning home, all this life is killing me," Aofel hissed as he could already hear the streets coming back to life, and sighed. He hated all of this noise and happiness, it was a nuisance. "I'll be at my house, bring me her dead," Aofel said as he would want to verify that the deed was done, and then left Ravi in the alleyway they had been talking in and began walking back towards his house to go to bed and just block out every single sound of the festival, all he wanted was to admire the full moon with some peace and quiet, and instead all of this happened. Why could people just not leave him alone?

Ravi lost his smile quickly when Aofel took ahold of him. He wasn't particularly intimidated by Aofel, but knowing the power and what would happen should he anger Aofel, caused a humble expression to cross his face. Being thrown to the side, only to land on his feet in a crouching position, Ravi stared at the ground. Resentment boiled inside him against both Aofel and Noel, but lust for the key overpowered his anger and brought him to his feet. "Dead it shall be." He muttered, as Aofel passed to enter his home. "Now, if I could only get her to take the key." He thought, disappearing into the darkness.

Noel wondered around where she and Aofel were once talking, wondering if he really just went home or was still outside. "He couldn't be home already." She mumbled, unenthusiastically looking behind bushes as if that were a common place to hide. "Maybe if I could touch him he'd start to come back. Maybe even hug him..." A cold wind blew past her, momentarily blinding her with her hair. "Really?! I swear everything hates me right-" she froze at the sudden appearance of a cloaked figure not five feet in front of her. "Who..." She started, taking a slow step back.
"He wants you dead." Ravi said simply before taking a step forward and grabbing her at the throat, lifting her off the ground. "But I don't. At least, not completely." He muttered.

Aofel managed to get back to his house without a problem and once he got there, he sat down in one of the chairs closest to his window to let the moonlight shine down on him, enjoying the peace and quiet within his own four walls before he closed his eyes. Aofel needed to behave, why was he acting up all of a sudden? He wouldn't come back in control, Aofel was sealed away and was no longer a threat, he just needed to make him have even less power than he had. Once more the two of them would confront each other, this had never been a problem until today and how long had he been in power of Aofel's body? Three... maybe even four years by now? Surely the process of taking over someone mentally took time, and sealing them down as much as the Key had done to Aofel took even longer, but at the very least the deed was done now, and he just needed to lock that cage up to just have Aofel disappear, completely.

"Why are you misbehaving?" The Key asked Aofel once he had found him, once more he was laying on the floor with his hands cuffed in front of him, and his legs chained as well, small chains connecting each limb to each other. Aofel could move, sit up and even walk, but in the end he would just lay here... all day. What a weak human. "Noel..." Aofel muttered back, his eyes closed and barely in any sort of conscious state... why was he still talking?! He should have been too weak to talk... how annoying. "She's dead. Forget her," The Key answered before he left Aofel alone and opened his eyes again. "Bothersome..." He muttered, this time closing his eyes to get some well deserved rest.

It wasn't till morning that Ravi reappeared at Aofel's house. The sun was just dawning and no one had left their homes yet. Stepping into the quiet house, Ravi wondered to the kitchen to find food. He was in no hurry to present his 'kill' and had been hungry since last night. Making no attempt to be quiet, Ravi fumbled about to make a quick put-together meal for himself, ending up in a sprawled mess on a comfortable chair eating.

The peace and quiet was broken when a loud noise entered Aofel's mind, waking him up rather abruptly, as he looked over to see the kitchen occupied. What a pest. "Can you try to come in here without bringing everything down with you?" Aofel hissed from the chair as he stretched his arms, feeling a little bit numb, and then shook his head to properly wake up before he walked over to the kitchen to inspect what in the world Ravi might be doing. "Don't just break into people's houses, and even less take their food," Aofel added in a calmer, but colder tone to Ravi as he sighed and thought about the mess he was going to clean up after, but there were more important matters to attend. Had Ravi done his part of the deal, or would Aofel take Ravi's head instead? Either way, Aofel would get rid of a pest. A pest he was more than just fed up with, the only reason why Ravi was alive was because he needed him... needed him whenever the Aofel inside of him refused to obey the Key's will.

"Did you do what you were supposed to do?" Aofel asked, wishing to spend as little time as possible with Ravi, and just get it over and done with so he could throw the little rascal out of his house.

Ravi looked up when he heard the familiar footsteps and smiled. "I try, but it just never happens." He said simply, eating heartily. Ravi chuckled then pointed to the front door. "I didn't break in, the door is still locked and everything." He said simply, hopping off the counter. He chuckled, pulling his purple hood further over his face. "Yes, and I've brought her." He said smiling mischievously. "Did you want to see her?" He asked, lifting his right hand.

Aofel sighed as Ravi pointed out the door, it wasn't as if he needed to bring the door down to break his entry into Aofel's home. In whatever way Ravi might have gotten inside the four walls that Aofel loved the most, that didn't matter, the point was that he was getting out if Aofel had to break a wall down or kick him out of the door himself. "Just get it over and done with, I'm not here to examine dead bodies," Aofel sighed as he walked over to his bookshelf to grab one of his favorite novels. He might as well try to get comfortable after Ravi had left, he was getting more and more annoying the more he had decided to stay around. Okay, Aofel needed his help once. Why was that supposed to be so hard? Never again, he should never again ask for this pest's services.

Ravi waited for his reply before chuckling. "You did tell me to bring her here." He stated, seeing his presence was quickly being worn out. Maybe if he saw her in the sorry stated she was in he would be distracted enough. "However," he started as Aofel turned his back. Making a brief motion, Noel appeared silently, hardly hurt. "It isn't a problem is she isn't dead yet, is it?" He asked, glancing across at Noel, who had previously made a deal with Ravi, thinking he was good, to bring the old Aofel back.

In that moment, Noel darted across the short distance between Aofel and she and embraced him tightly in efforts to still him. She hopped this would work, but was still in credibly nervous he might simply flick his finger and send her flying back.

"I did," Aofel said before Ravi seemed to have something planned, something unexpected and it didn't take long for Ravi to grab Aofel's attention, before the 'dead' person entered his house. There were barely any scratches on her, what in the world was this?! Was everything going to go downhill because of one lousy human? That and the minion friend? Aofel's hand raised itself to use his magic, but he wasn't expecting for Noel to run up to him, and then softly embrace him. What a sweet embrace, it made that stone cold heart of his beat a little bit faster than he thought it could. "Let me-" Aofel's voice stopped as he could clearly hear something inside of him, something that was making him not shove Noel away, what in the world happened?

"I won't... let you hurt her," It was Aofel's voice, the one resounding from far within him, which was meant to be sealed away for good. Ravi... what in the world was he doing?! "Go back into your place! You agreed on this the second you grabbed the key! You are no longer in control!" The key hissed to Aofel, though he had already lost before the battle had really begun. Aofel's eyes returned to have life brimming in them again, as he embraced Noel's small frame back, his hands clenching into her clothing. Had he hurt her? "I'm sorry..." His voice was weak, shaking, as he clutched into Noel even stronger. His entire body was shaking, he was fighting with the key right now, but... he was winning, very slowly winning. "I... I need help... help me..."

Noel held onto him and a wave of relief passed over her as he put his arms around her. She was so relieved yet his words brought new worries. "How can I help? She asked quietly, her voice quivering. What she she able to do for him? Nothing came to mind...her mind was just so confused and couldn't think straight.

Ravi sat quietly, glad this was how it turned out. If she could get the key from Aofel, then he could easily get the key from her. Everything was going perfectly along his plan.

Aofel wasn't the only one who had a quivering voice at this point, and it made him wonder if he had hurt Noel while he wasn't aware of what he was doing. Had he done anything to hurt her in any ways? Had he hurt anyone else? Hopefully not..., but the horror of not knowing scared him a little bit too, because the 'other' him had gotten the better of him. How long had Aofel been gone? He didn't know... he just remembered fetching the key in the cave that he was told by a local while he was traveling to grow stronger, and then he ended up in a very dark and cold place... unaware of what was going on. In a way he went into a light sleep, though his body was clearly still doing things, because he could hear his 'other' self talk to him, though that was faint too.

"The key..." Aofel muttered as his hand moved over to his neck, but then it went straight back down to his side. Aofel didn't have complete control... he still needed to remove the key, he just held some temporary control right now, how long would that last? "Take it off... I- I can't..." Aofel muttered as he tried again, but his hand didn't want to move... What in the world had the key done to him?

Noel looked down at the key thT hung around his neck. It made sense he wouldn't be able to take it off, he was obviously still battling whatever held onto him. Reaching up to take the Key, Noel pulled it off quickly, stepping back slightly. "This key." She mumbled. What a horrible thing it had done to him! Noel looked up at him in hopes that he was freed. "Aofel, are you okay now?" She asked slowly.

Ravi at that moment disappeared without notice, slowly filling out his plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.