Together Again (wolfen_graal & phantasmagoricStoner)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derick looked up at Zac, his eyes still a bit out of focus, and smirked. His voice was also quiet, not wanting the sound to carry to the nurse. "I don't want you to make a move just for me... I want you to want to make a move." He smiled a bit more, what little of his face that wasn't bruised or swollen turning red as he blushed. "But, I don't know. My mom really liked him. She didn't know we were dating, at least I never told her... she might have figured it out." The aspirin was starting to take effect, his headache ebbing away slowly. He was a bit worn out, but that was to be expected.

The nurse returned, seeming a bit irritated. "Well, your mother will be a bit delayed. Apparently, she's in an important meeting and will come when she's done." She looked to Zac, looking him over slightly, as if appraising him. "I'll write you a note to excuse you from classes if you choose to stay by him. I'm about to go get some lunch. I'll bring you two something." She walked toward the door, pausing in the door frame. "I'll be back in fifteen minutes, and the door will be locked during that time. If anyone tries to come in, and it's not me, don't let them in." She smiled a bit, looking at Zac. "And don't be too rough with him." She gave a wink before exiting, closing the door behind her.

Is he serious...? Zac looked down at Derrick as questions started to fill his mind. Does he really want me to? He was trying to fight back a blush from appearing on his face. Seeing Derrick's smile with his swollen cheeks puffing out, Zac covered the lower half of his face, faking a cough as a bright red blush started taking over his face. He quickly diverted his attention elsewhere as he quickly mumbled, "Yeah... just wait for it, you'll see."

The comment the nurse made didn't really help Zac either, it only made his face even redder. He wasn't sure what the nurse really meant, though he could only hope it wasn't dirty. He nodded to the nurse's instructions before giving his full attention to Derrick. He should keep the boy company till his mother arrives, that's if the nurse won't haul him out right after lunch period ends. The thought of physics class irks him. He brought the chair that was nearby the bed, closer to him then taking a seat since he was tired of standing. He looked towards Derrick, wondering as to what to talk about. "So..." he started before taking a short pause, "erm, what exactly happened? If you can recall... but if you can't, it's okay. I'm just curious."

Derick shifted again, trying to ease a pain in his side. "I don't know... the last thing I can clearly remember was walking into the classroom. Everything after that... well, there's nothing." He closed his eyes, letting his head rest against the wall as he focused. It made his head hurt, but he pushed on. After a few moments, he spoke again, still with his eyes shut tight. "I... broke up with him... because he... he said something to me... he was mad I was late or something... I told him I'd caught him... I was upset... that's all I can remember."

He opened his eyes, looking to Zac again. He was feeling much less pain now, thanks to the aspirin, but he was still sore all over. "I'm sorry for worrying you, Zac. If I'd have known he was going to react that way, I'd... well, I'd have stayed with him." He shifted again, this time because he felt awkward. "I-I didn't want you to get involved. I mean, if he finds out, he'll try to hurt you, too. Eric's strong, and he's... well, look at me. He's violent." Derick was feeling even more awkward than ever, light-headed. It was a bit hard to breathe, but not in a painful way. It felt like everything was slowed down.

"No.. you did the right thing. If you decided to stay with him, it'll only hurt you since you know that he's obviously cheating on you. You can tell, he's just using you and... and look at the damage he did to you. After all those bruises and scars he gave you, you still want to stay with him?" Zac said, leaning forward in his seat, elbows resting on his thighs. He stopped talking for awhile, thinking of what to say. His gaze never leaving Derick, "And, I don't care if he beats me up... he doesn't have the right to in the first place."

Zac could hear his stomach grumble, he knew he should've eaten breakfast that morning but it wasn't really a daily routine for him. Plus, the nurse said she was going to bring some food for them when she gets back. "You know..." Zac said softly, the look in his eyes was distant, "you're my first real friend after Alex left the country." He took a deep breath before continuing, "And, I'll stay with you... no matter what kind of beatings, bruises or scars Eric gives me," he looked towards Derick, "I don't mind getting hurt... as long as you're my friend."

Status
Not open for further replies.