To Iwaku's Gun Owners...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want both.
Ooh, pretty. Family owns a couple of replica weapons (spanish conquistador swords & a dagger). It I had the disposable income, one of the things I'd probably start collecting is various medieval weaponry. It would appeal to the history nerd in me.

Here's some pictures of one of the replicas in question if anyone's wonderin'.

KH6nDb3.jpg

PPqq84T.jpg

YoDi1rc.jpg

Ob1hLE9.jpg

It is sharp enough to cut things doe. So it's a replica only in the sense that I don't think it'd survive too many hits before falling apart.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Let me tell ya Roose, there is no downside to owning a kukri (second blade you posted). Wonderful tool, employed as standard equipment for the Gurkha special forces in India. Great for whacking and hacking, chopping that meat and clearing out thickly weed bushes.
You mean one of these, I think:

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes, nice blade, already own one, though not as nice as the one above.

As for guns, I'm heavily for them, an all around pro-gun individual. Hell, my Remington single barrel semi-automatic shotty is one of my favorite possessions. Legal firearm ownership is all about proper safety and responsibility, if you have a gun that isn't registered or lack a license, then it's fair to face reprehension. I don't see a problem with thorougher background checks or somewhat longer waiting periods; I do see a problem with barring certain individuals from owning them. I think violent felons and people with a history of violence or mental illness should not have access to guns. But there's a slippery slope to barring ownership when it comes to things like being on some kind of list for 'terrorism'. That's a vague definition legally, and what constitutes a terrorist could and can change, allowing the government to only allow supporters to own guns.
I have to disagree. Throughout history, registration has lead to confiscation... the government has no business knowing what I own. Bad enough they know I own a car. Guns are not cars. The Second Amendment protects a person's right to not only keep, but to bear arms... it is my "license". Written into the Bill of Rights. I'm for no background checks (again, just because I want to buy a gun doesn't make me a criminal suspect), and waiting periods haven't done a thing to stop people from killing each other. In fact, "waiting periods" are on my list of harmful laws that should be eliminated. I do remember hearing about a woman who had a restraining order on an ex-boyfriend... she went to buy a gun for protection, but during her "waiting period", her ex returned. And killed her. I've also heard the mantra: "If it saves even one life." What about: "If it takes even one life"...?

No, the only reprehension I see is towards those who seek power and control... towards those in government. Those who make such laws and regulations. I'd rather register criminals. Rather than the property of law-abiding citizens.

The whole point of our second amendment and gun ownership, recreation and hunting aside, is self defense not primarily against criminals. Rather, it is our last line of defense against a corrupt government. Just as our forefathers fought tooth and nail against a tyrannical government for their freedom, our right to bare arms ensures that should our government ever go down a similar path of tyranny, we may be able to rise up and reclaim our republic and our freedom through force, should change through peace be made impossible.
Indeed, the whole point. Without a means of personal defense, no man or woman can remain free. Because tyrants are the norm in human cultures, throughout history. Even a "good" king is still a tyrant. Still someone who owns his "subjects"... yes, remember that word. Freedom means no one is subject to anyone else.

Ooh, pretty. Family owns a couple of replica weapons (spanish conquistador swords & a dagger). If I had the disposable income, one of the things I'd probably start collecting is various medieval weaponry. It would appeal to the history nerd in me.
Heh... if I had the disposable income, I'd be looking into one of these:

672393c83293597f079f29bfa3e39b96.jpg

... custom made as a sword.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Status
Not open for further replies.