To Catch A Killer

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Natalie looks at Shannon. "Please call me Natalie." She nods listening to what he said. "I shall make a report about this and put it in the file." She sighs wishing that they can catch the demon that's doing this. That's one thing she will ask Orion when she sees him how to catch a demon that is on the loose. She's sure that he might have the answer. She goes back to her car and grabs a notebook. She goes back to the crime scene and begins to jot every thing down. She sighs. She looks at Shannon. "We really need to catch the demon that's doing this before the whole city has no one left in it." She sighs again. Once the crime scene is cleaned up does she leave. She goes home and feeds her two cats. Then she gets a shower. She is getting ready to go see Orion again. She is looking forward to seeing him. Which is weird. But she is really just looking forward to hearing what he has to say.

She then gets in her car and drives off to St. Quinton's. She arrives and parks. The same chubby balding man comes for her. She again is lead through the prison. This time toward where she is supposed to go not to the warden's office. Again she is lead to the clear cell. But she notices that Orion isn't in it yet. She sits down and quietly waits for him.

When Natalie asked him to call her by her first name Shannon nodded. Perking up in attention when he mentioned them really catching the demon he nodded again. "Agreed. We'll catch them though, I'm sure of it." he replied, rather optimistically. Giving her a goodbye as she left, and once thw crime scene was cleaned up the man left for home himself.

As for Orion, the young demon couldn't sleep, which left him agitated. He even tried to ram a guard with his horns, earning him a shock from the caddle prod like instrument in the process. Between that and just making things difficult for them on purpose it made going to see Natalie take a while, since he had to take a moment to calm down and gain whatever small bearings he had left.

Once he did see Natalie though, he didn't say anything. He gave her a long hard stare for a solid two minutes before speaking. He spoke bluntly, a sharp intensity in his eyes this time around.

"You have the faint stench of dog on you. Werewolf? Along with...blood. Faint, very faint, but there." he rose a brow. Although his senses were heightened it was difficult to pick up under everything else.

"Anyway, what happened this time? Anything good?" he asked with a little more interest in his tone, not bothering to change the subject on a whim without even getting an answer first.

"Werewolf? What are you talking about?" Then she thinks about it for a moment. The only person she has been around is Shannon. "So you're telling me that Shannon is a werewolf?" "And the blood smell is from a crime scene. The demon struck again. Killing two more people. They can't determine rather it was early this morning or late last night." She sighs sounding rather irritated. She had the cattle like prod at her side under the seat of her chair she has a feeling that she won't be needing it. She can see that she is gaining the trust of the demon before her. Now she needs to ask him questions again. She doesn't know where to start. Then she remembers the question from this morning. "So...how do you catch a demon? Especially one that keeps on killing?"

Orion didn't know who Shannon was, but chuckled at Nathalie's confusion. Once the topic was back on track he grunted.

"No matter how skilled or how old, a demon is sure to leave some signs behind, no matter how small they might be. Like carving a name into the skin, or writing something in blood that wouldn't make sense to a human. Like in an ancient language, depending on the demon's age and origin. If there just happens to be a witness to a crime, or someone who miraculously survives, chances are the demon would likely hunt them down swiftly to make sure they don't get caught and can continue on. Who knows, the demon might ne hiding in plain sight among society, but shows some form of cracks along the outside?" he cleared his throat here, realizing that he was rambling and his mouth had started to go dry.

Natalie nods and writes all that down. "I'll have to check the crime scene pictures when I get home to see if there is anything like what you said." She then sits there and thinks about what else to ask him. But thoughts of Shannon and what he said about him come back to her. She seemed rather distracted. Then she sighs. "Can we set a trap for this demon or would it be too smart for us?" She asks finally coming up with a question for him. "Because we need to catch this demon before the entire city is nothing but a graveyard. And the people are scared. I'm going to mention to my boss that we need to make a curfew for the city. Do you think that will help with the killings? Or am I wasting my breath?" She then sits there and thinks more about what to ask. "I know this is off topic but how do I tell if someone is a werewolf?"

"Well, a trap could possibly work, but they might ne keeping tabs on the cases to see if you guys have found anything." Orion shrugged before being asked about being able to tell if someone's a werewolf.

"Well, when some are angry they usually snarl and show off sharp canines, and their eyes glow in the dark like an animal's sometimes, depending on their personality, they might be a horn dog or have a tendency to have a problem with authority and try to show some form of dominance if they're an alpha type. They might show signs of agitation or aggression on days where there's supposed to be a full moon or they might not even show up for work those days. Depends on the werewolf in question" he explained with a shrug. Shannon was a rather laid back and easy going man, who really wanted to help others and had a soft spot for children and occasionally joked around every now and then.

Natalie nods when he says that a trap might work. "We'll try the trap first." Then she listens to what he says about being a werewolf. She didn't know Shannon personally but he seemed to be a rather laid back kind of guy. "Well if Shannon is a werewolf he must be an odd one or doesn't show anger that easily. He seems very laid back and nothing at all like what you described." Then she looks at him thinking again. "If the trap doesn't work...then what do you suggest we do to capture this demon?" "My boss is getting very impatient and annoyed with this case and wishes it was done. I know so by his expressions. Even though he doesn't say anything about it." She sighs. "But one of the colleagues suggested that we kill the demon that is doing this but I figure that's not a good idea either." She sighs again. "Any suggestions on what we should do? I mean since you are a demon."

"Well, I did say it depended on the person-or should I say, Werewolf-in question." Orion shrugged. He didn't have an awful lot of experience with Werewolves other than the few he was associated with before ending up in St. Quinton. When asked for suggestions on what to do next Orion blinked at Natalie for a moment before he thought on how exactly to answer that.

"Well, have you guys really looked at those files? Like, looked as closely and carefully as possible for any sort of pattern? Although this lady demon is acting on blood lust she's smart enough to be as careful as possible, but she'll have to mess up eventually y'know?" it may not of been much, but so far it's all he could offer at the moment.

Natalie hadn't thought of that what he said about the lady demon. She writes that down and sits there and thinks about it. She looks at him. "I've looked over those files what seems hundreds of times and same with my boss and we haven't seem to notice a pattern of any sort. I have the files with me so maybe you with your demon eye sight can see a pattern." She then slides the files across the floor for him to look at. She sighs still thinking of what to ask him again and hopes that he will be able to spot something better than she can. Since she guesses that demons have keen eyesight. She then finally thinks of a question to ask him. "How long can she go on killing? Will she get tired or bored of it? Or will she simply move on to another city and begin to kill there?" She felt that she might be bombarding him too much with questions but she hopes that he can answer them. "I mean so I can warn other cities that she is on the loose if she moves on."

Once the files were slid towards him he looked at them carefully, eyes glowing softly as he studied them.

"Looks like she knows...Japanese? There's something in the first case, hidden in a puddle of blood on the ground that's barely visible, like a word or something lightly traced. Though, I'm not sure what it means. The same thing seems to be present in the latest case you have here..." he muttered in confusion.

He glanced up to answer her question about the lady demon.

"Chances are she'll keep going until she's satisfied or bored, which could be some years or weeks, or days depending on the demon. As long as she's been around there's no telling." he responded thoughtfully. Being a young Demon like he was he couldn't tell for sure but that didn't matter.