To Bring Back What Once Was Mine

• Thread starter ᴋɪᴛsᴜɴᴀᴇ
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I want know everything...Nathan. Perhaps something will job my memory, and even if it doesn't, you can tell me those stories over and over again. I'd love to hear them." Sage attempted at smiling, but it came out more as a grimace. She was trusting Nathan when she knew she shouldn't have been. He was still a stranger to her. He wasn't someone she could so easily trust, but there was something about him. She just couldn't pin point what that something was. It was a nagging in the back of her brain. She lowered her eyes away from his as she played with the hospital gown she was wearing. She wasn't sure what to say to him. He knew her but she didn't know him. It was awkward for her. She didn't know how he acted or anything, he left her guessing.

Nathan closed his eyes for a moment, and then opened them, looking at her. Things were silent for God knows how long, as he just stared at her with a warmth in his eyes. "You haven't lost that quirk," he murmured softly after a minute, gesturing to her playing with her hospital gown. "You always had some sort of nervous tick when things were awkward or you didn't know what to say or do."

Nathaniel opened his jaws to say something more, but the doctor came back in, eyes darkening as Nathan's did the same. The two clearly weren't on a friendly level.

"Miss, you're free to go home now. Though we recommend you rest and don't do too much work for a few weeks, since you're still a bit sore, it seems. Since your family isn't here, Nathan here will be checking you out of the hospital. If anything happens, please come back."

Sage smiled at the doctor, "Of course." It was hard to believe that she was an orphan, but she couldn't believe a lot of things right now. She looked at Nathan, asking, "So I fiddle with things when I don't know what I say or do?" She raised her eyebrow, waiting for his conformation on what he just said. It was weird hearing about herself from him. She knew she didn't know herself, but I'm sure even if she did remember, she wouldn't think of little quirks. Had they been so close that they knew each other down to the last quirk? It appeared so.

Status
Not open for further replies.