To be Reaped (with wolfthehybrid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuro smiled softly, leaning up to kiss him on the lips, "You too, don't die on me..." She pulled away to walk over to Death, who leaned down to talk to her.

"Kuro, we want you to focus on taking out Mark, the reat of us will deal with the others and your father."

"What? No! My father is my responsibility, I want to be the one that kills him. After everything he put me through-" Death frowned.

"This is not up for discussion Kyla, leave your father to me." She sighed and nodded, pulling away from Death to walk over to the doors, "so, we just storming in?"

Death nodded as his cane appeared out of nowhere and landed in his hand, his gem glowed a dark red from the ring it was imbedded in, letting out an earily soft song of hums.

She sighed and nodded, glancing over to Seth before focusing on the doors ahead of her and letting a blast of purple energy flow from her hands.

Runt had been chasing his tail while Beta and Alpha discussed something with Mark when the doors burst open, several blasts of purple energy flew into the room. All of them were dodged easily by the hounds and not so easily by Mark, "What the bloody hell?!"

Runt yelped as a blast of pale pink energy struck him and sent him back, Lilith grinned in victory but it dropped when Kuro ran passed her, heading straight for Mark. The demon growled when he spotted the black haired reaper, just managing to duck under the fist that was sent his way. He pulled out his knife and swung it at her, but Kuro ducked under it and shoved the palm of her hand against Mark's chest, sending a jolt of purple energy through his body and causing him to fly backwards into the couch, also succeeding in knocking it over.

Alpha snarled and lunged towards Lilith, who didn't get enough time to react before she was tackled, just barely being able to hold the large hound off of her. She kicked him in the chest and sent the hound back, causing Alpha to crash into Beta.

Seth watched the energy blast through the door. That was pretty cool, but as helpful as it would be to learn it was not his style. He watched the battle for a moment. Kuro seemed to be doing fine against Mark, if anything she was whooping his ass, and the others were fighting the hounds. That left Death the handle Kyle and himself to handle Jack. He hated the things his friend had done, but it never made fighting him any easier.

Jackal had been sitting at the other end of the room when the battle started. He watched Mark fly into the couch, and the hounds failing in their attacks against Lilith. Slowly he stood up and made his way towards the fighting, stopping next to Seth. "You are all going to die, and if Kyle has any sense of fun in him he will start with her." He cast his golden eyes towards Kuro. "Then he can start killing the rest off, but I hope he leaves you for me to play with."

Seth narrowed his eyes at Jack. He first started out working for Lucifer, then Mark, and now Kyle. He may be working for Kyle now, but he had no loyalty for the reaper. If things didn't turn out how he liked he would betray Kyle and not even blink. "What do you really want?"

Jackal smiled as if the answer was obvious. "Entertainment." While Seth was processing this he threw a punch that sent Seth falling onto his back. Normally that would have been much harder, but it seemed Seth was distracted. He glanced over at Kuro. Probably too busy worried about his girlfriend. He sighed. "The old Seth would never have allowed a punch like that to drop him."

Mark managed to pull himself up and lunge at Kuro, only this time she didn't have enough time to dodge it and was struck by a blast of black energy. She was knocked onto her back but managed to roll and jump back onto her feet, pulling her hand back before flinging several blasts of energy back at Mark. He blocked all of them with a grin.

Nobody noticed the black tendrils that creeped out of the shadows, slithering across the floor. Three of them leaped up and curled around Death, one wrapping around his legs while the other two restricted his arms. Then several flew out of the shadows, curling around Lilith, Castiel, Tenshi and even Seth, completely restricting their movements. The ones that had coiled around Seth dragged him up and onto his knees.

Kuro spun around, giving Mark the perfect opportunity to strike. She was sent flying across the room, her back colliding with the wall harshly. Another one of the tendrils made out of shadows wrapped around her tightly, restricting her movements and making her grunt in pain.

"What the...?" Kuro continued to struggle, stopping when she heard footsteps approaching her. She lifted her head slowly, glaring at the man who shared an uncanny resemblance to her.

"Kyla, oh my dear daughter. How long has it been since we have last spoken face to face." Kyle's lips curled up into a grin as the hellhounds began to circle around everybody else. Alpha snapped his jaws at Seth before moving on to snarl at Lilith.

"It hasn't been long enough..." Kuro snapped back, narrowing her eyes at her father, who tutted in annoyance.

"Now, now, now, that's no way to speak to your father. Especially when you're so helpless at the moment. But no matter, something else has my attention..." He chuckled and walked forward, gripping Kuro's necklace and tugging it from her neck. The gem gave a week screech before the chain broke and he held it in his hand, it continued to glow for a moment, all the while his own grey gem shone brightly, seeming to suck the power from the gem before it dimmed and he dropped it to the floor.

Kuro gasped, staring at her gem in shock before her eyes darted up to her father, "H-How did you...? You couldn't have, it's impossible..."

"Not for Kyle, he knows old ancient magic that will put your magic to shame."

Seth looked at the black tendrils in shock. Jack's punch had surprised him, because he had been distracted, but these tendrils had come out of no where. He glanced around, looking for the source and his eyes stopped on Kyle. His heart seemed to stop in his chest as he looked over at Kuro. She was in the same predicament as he and everyone else, a restriction of coils.

Ignoring Alpha's snap, he watched, unable to do anything, as Kyle ripped Kuro's necklace from her and drained its energy. What Death said had been true. Kyle had gained an unspeakable power, and now what could they do? What was he planning on doing with Kuro? Seth struggled against the tendrils, but it did nothing but wear him out. "Let her go." He meant for it to come out strong and demanding, but he was struck with fear and it came out no more than a whisper. He turned his gaze to Death. Do something!

Jackal sat down next to Seth. He was enjoying the show, but was not happy that Kyle had failed to get him the item he wanted. The only reason he was helping Kyle was because it seemed the winning side. If things started having a different outcome he would not hesitate to switch sides or disappear, the later being the more likely.

Kyle clicked his tongue, "Now what to do with you Kyla, I know for a fact you won't ever consider switching sides, you're too attached to your pathetic excuse of a boyfriend over there..." He jerked his head in Seth's direction, making Kuro growl in annoyance and narrow her eyes.

"Shut. Up."

Kyle narrowed his eyes and the tendrils tightened their hold on Kuro, making her flinch and gasp, "Hmm, it appears I have no use for you Kuro. Time for you to see what I can really do. All of you, observe as I rid this world of one less problem!"

Kuro paused, her eyes growing wide, "No! Wai-"

Kyle's gem began to glow several different colours and a black aura coated his fist, he lifted it above Kuro's chest. Where her heart would be.

She screamed, her head falling back as she struggled and lashed out, Death winced and tugged weekly at his restraints as Lilith let out a choked sob, not able to look away. Tenshi had jerked his head to the side so he didn't need to look at the scene.

The screaming stopped suddenly and Kuro's eyes rolled into the back of her head before she slumped forward, the tendrils let go of her and she dropped to the floor, motionless.

"Hmm, that was too easy. Jackal, I would like to apologise for not being able to recover your blade, but I would also like to thank you for being such great help. Though you aren't needed anymore." Like that the tendrils that had once held Kuro darted over to Jack, coiling around his body and completely restricting his movements.

Runt jumped up, his ears folded back as he slowly creeped towards Jackal, his eyes darting from the fedora wearing male to his boss. Mark let out a surprised yelped as he found himself in the same situation as everybody else, restricted.

"Don't even try escaping, very old necromancy this is. Blocks you from using any other form of magic. Now, Death. I do believe you have a gem that belongs to me."

Beta walked over to Kuro's body, looking over to Runt who had backed up against a wall. Alpha noticed this and growled slightly, a warning.

Seth struggled fiercely, but the tendrils had too great a grasp on him. Ignoring the hopelessness he continued to try to rip his body free. "NO!" The screamed word seemed endless, but when if finally did end Seth's heart stopped, any movement around him stopped, in fact, it seemed time itself had stopped as he stared at Kuro's unmoving figure. He could still hear her pain filled screams, and if he did not feel like his heart had been ripped out of his chest, it would instead feel like a thousand needles jabbing into him. He gave up trying to get free and instead hung his head. Tears rolled down his face and fell like raindrops onto the ground. Why did he have to be stuck in this spot? Couldn't Kyle at least let him go long enough to crawl over to Kuro's body? He let out an anguished filled sob before falling silent and not moving, the only thing holding him up being the tendrils that help him.

Jackal's eyes narrowed as the tendrils wrapped around him. He should have known, but even if he had it was unlikely he would have changed his course of action. "I am sure you could have recovered it, but what would have been the point to go through all that hassle if you were just going to kill me in the end anyway, as I assume that is what you are planning. You just decided to take the lazy way out." He sniffed in annoyance. "At least I got to enjoy a beautiful scene before death." He glanced at Seth and smiled.

"Kill you? Now don't make me laugh Jackal, I don't plan to kill you. And I would watch your mouth if I was you, I would be happy to start your torture now should I feel like it." He turned his attention to the smallest hound, "Now Runt, you're going to-"

"No."

Alpha and Beta turned to face their youngest brother, who was stood with his chest puffed out and eyes narrowed, "What did you say?"

"
I said no. I refuse to follow your orders from now on, you kill without reason, and I'm suck of being treated like a pup. You're a mad man that put his daughter through hell for no reason." Runt lunged forward, tackling the older man to the ground and snapping his jaws at him. With his mind focused on the hound the Tendrils loosened and eventually slithered back into the shadows.

Alpha snarled, lunging towards Runt and Kyle only for Beta to slam into him, clamping his jaws shut around his older brother's throat and snarling. Death brushed off his suit and took quick steps over to the girl he saw as a daughter.

"Oh Kuro..." He turned his attention to Kyle as he kicked the hound off of him and sent him across the room, causing the dog to crash against the wall and slump to the ground.

When the tendrils loosened Seth dropped to the ground, and was jolted back to reality long enough to crawl over to Kuro. He held her head in his lap and leaned down down in a hunched position to press his face into her shoulder. He registered none of what was going on around him, not caring what was happening. None of it seemed real anyway.

Jackal shrugged off the tendrils. He never expected for Runt to be the one to do that, always figured he was too timid to defy Kyle. It did not get him far, though, since the small shape seemed to be knocked out. He turned his attention from Runt to Seth. It was fine seeing someone mourn over a loved one, but the fun never lasted long. He walked over and prepared to kick Seth away from Kuro.

Sensing something unwelcoming, something that didn't want him to mourn, Seth's head jerked up and met Jackal's eyes. All control he had snapped and, with what sounded like a roar, he lunged at the golden eyed man. The two of them went rolling across the room, and Seth did everything he could to tear apart the man who had disturbed what seemed to be his last moments with Kuro.

Jackal stuggled to get away from Seth, but every time he did Seth would grab him again and throw him to the ground or against the nearest wall and try to rip his throat out. He had never seen his former leader like this. Seth always kept some sort of control. He kicked Seth away and scrambled to his feet for the umpteenth time, only to be drug back down.

It was an odd feeling, like she was dead but not quite, like she was hanging between the realms of what is and what isn't. And then, like that, she was back. Inhaling air and opening her eyes quickly.

Kuro didn't know how she was alive, but she was, and she was angry. The, no longer dead, reaper pulled her self to her feet, her eyes turning a bright vivid purple as her gem began to glow on the floor. Kyle had glanced at her and froze, his jaw dropping open in shock, "That's not possible. You're dead! I killed you, how are you standing there!?"

Death turned to face Kyle and paused, Kuro was alive. But how? Nobody has ever survived a necromancer's curse. So how did she?

"I honestly have no bloody idea how I'm not dead, but I'll tell you something dad, it was a very painful death. Would you like to feel what I felt?" She growled and trust her hand forward, purple energy blasted against the older man's chest and caused a cry to rip from his throat as he fell back. Kuro walked forward, reaching down and tugging his gem from around his neck. It screeched for a second before dimming, her gem began glowing on the floor as its chain fixed itself.

She then looked down at Kyle and grunted, holding her hand above his chest and sending several bolts of energy through him. He stilled and she stood up, clicking her fingers and turning her gaze to Mark, who whimpered and teleported.

Alpha snarled, backing away for a second before leaving, glaring at Kuro for a second. Then Kuro's eyes traveled to Jackal, "Do you wanna wind up like daddy dearest too? Because I'm giving you a chance to get the fuck out of here before I blast ya."

Jackal snarled and, ripping himself away from Seth again, he turned and smashed Seth into a table, stunning the rampaging man long enough to get a look around and speak to Kuro. Both Alpha and Mark were gone, as was Kyle, but in a different sense of the word. If he didn't get out of here he would end up like Kyle. "Maybe I do!" he snapped at her. "But not by you." He turned who battered, bruised, and bloody body towards Seth, who was shaking off being stunned, and fixed him with eyes full of promise. I will be back, and we will end this.

Growling, Seth lunged at Jackal just as he disappeared. Someone had brought his fight to a premature end. How dare they! He whipped his head around. "Why the hell did you-!" The words caught in his throat as he saw Kuro standing there. She had been dead.. He didn't care how she had come back, the important thing was that she had. The rage he felt washed away as he ran over to her. Taking her in his arms he pressed his face to her neck and cried, his body shaking. He couldn't believe she was back, and feared if he let go she would be gone again.

Kuro narrowed her eyes at Jackal, giving him the middle finger as he left. She relaxed and sighed, her eyes slowly returning to their normal green. Everything was okay now, they had won. She was very surprised when Seth had wrapped his arms around her in a hug and instantly broke down, for a moment she was confused as to why. But then it struck her, she had died. Less than two minutes ago she hadn't been alive.

She wrapped her arms around Seth, slowly rubbing his back and whispering soothing words. Turning her head to press several kisses to his head.

Lilith blinked away her shock, in stead turning to face the new presence in the room. Meg.

The 12 year old prophet blinked and looked around before walking over to Kuro's gem, she scooped it up and walked over to the two reapers, "Excuse me miss."

Kuro pushed Seth away slightly, but made sure she kept an arm wrapped around him. He needed her right now. Seeing Meg shocked her slightly, but what shocked her more was how the little girl lifted up her hands, allowing Kuro's gem to float off of them and fall into its place around her neck, it was glowing more then usual, "Uh, thanks Meg... Did you, bring me back?"

The little girl shook her head before hugging Kuro, pulling away after a moment to smile up at her. She actually looked kinda cute, "I did not bring you back, you brought yourself back. It's not your time to die, and in a sense you knew that, so you came back. Much like how Sam did."

"Oh okay-wait what?!" She froze, her eyes growing wide, "w-what? No, Sam can't come back, the knife-"

"She could come back, she just needed some help. So I gave it to her, though I couldn't bring her back as a human. So she's an angel!" Kuro blinked down at the little girl in shock, that couldn't be true. Could it? Meg was the prophecy...

"Can I see her?"

"Not yet, but soon. You all need to rest, it's been stressful for you all. Especially you two." Meg then skipped off, vanish while off the ground. Kuro just sighed and leaned against Seth, closing her eyes and sighing.

"C'mon Seth, let's go..."

Seth let Kuro's words and her warm touch calm him. It was hard to believe that minutes earlier that same warmth had been leaving her body. It did not take long for the tears to stop, but his body continued to shake from emotions and exhaustion. He blinked down at Kuro when she leaned against him. Wait, something just happened. Had that been Meg? He looked where the little girl had disappeared. He completely missed what she said about Kuro coming back, but he thought he heard something about Sam also coming back. He smiled weakly down at Kuro. That was good news that Kuro could have her sister back, but first clean up and rest. "Ok."

He teleported them into the bathroom of Kuro's dimension and walked over to the sink. He was only going to wash his face with cold water, but when he lifted his hands he noticed the blood on them. "Where-?" What he do? Not long after Kyle had killed (or at least tried to kill) Kuro his memories became covered by a fog. He shook his head. It probably was not important. Turning on the water he washed his hands and face, then turned to Kuro.

"Don't ever scare me like that again." He took a deep breath and walked over to her, taking her hands in his. Leaning down he touched his forehead to hers, feeling at peace.

Kuro sighed happily, being back in her dimension calmed her greatly. It was her home, and she loved it for that. She yawned and rubbed her eyes, exhaustion smacking her in the face from practically nowhere. She hummed when Seth walked over to her and rested his forehead against hers, blinking in slight surprise before smiling softly, "I promise..." Kuro murmured, giving his hands a squeeze before leaning up slightly to give Seth a soft, sweet kiss.

She pulled away after a moment, pulling her hands from his and wrapping them around him so she could hug him, "C'mon, I'm pretty sure we're both tired, let's go to bed..."

He smiled happily at being kissed and nodded. "Sleep sounds good." Even in his exhaustion he wanted to talk about what had all happened, but after seeing Kuro pretty much asleep on her feet talking could wait until after sleep. He led her to her room and towards the bed. Collapsing down onto it he rolled and patted the spot next to him, waiting to wrap her in his arms and drift off to hopefully happy dreams.

Kuro happily jumped into bed with Seth, curling up next to him, "Night Seth, love you..." She muttered softly as she drifted off. Exhaustion finally taking it's toll on her.

Kuro woke up surprisingly early the next day, when Seth was still asleep, and carefully pulled herself out of bed. Smiling at him before leaving the room. She took notice that she was still in dress from yesterday and frowned, pulling a tank top and shorts out of the washing machine and getting dressed in the middle of the kitchen (what? Nobody was gonna see, and Seth had already seen her naked) before starting to make some toast and putting on the kettle. She began to think about yesterday and her heart nearly lurched up into her throat when she remembered what Meg had said. Was Sam really alive? Well, guess she would fid out soon, she just needed to wait for Seth to wake up.

The kettle finished boiling and Kuro hummed softly as she began to make tea, shaking her hips slightly to the tune.

Seth woke up about twenty minutes after Kuro got up. His muscles felt like he had wrestled a bear yesterday. As he was stretching he realized his girlfriend was not in the bed anymore. Sitting up he looked and and then a smell hit him; a mix of blood, sweat, and god knows what else. No wonder she had left the room, he stunk, and if Pepe Le Pew was anything to go by he would not have much luck with any lady (not that he needed anyone besides Kuro). Knowing it would only take him a minute he teleported to his dimension and stripped out of his clothes. Digging through a drawer he found a clean pair of boxers, jeans and plain white shirt. He put them on and then turned to the other thing he had wished for while teleporting, an expensive bottle of cologne. Spotting a strange looking bottle he plucked it off the dresser and looked at it. The bottle read Caron's Poivre. "What the fuck kind of name is that." he muttered to himself. Hoping it smelled decent he sprayed some on himself and his nose was assaulted by a peppery scent. He quickly shook his head and teleported back to Kuro's dimension.

He appeared in the living room, but could hear a soft humming coming from the kitchen. He followed the sound and smiled when he saw her enjoying the tune she was humming. As he walked over and put an arm around her he noticed the peppery smell of the cologne had changed to floral scent. Now he smelled like a damn flower.

Kuro jumped slightly but leaned back into Seth's touch, "Jesus, did you roll in flower juice or something?" She asked with a chuckled when she caught whiff of his scent. Though that didn't stop her from spinning around and resting her nose against the nape of his neck and inhaling, a grin tugging at her lips as she leaned back and winked at him before going back to making tea. She pulled the toast out of the toaster and started spreading Nutella on it, leaning back against Seth again.

"Ya know, I didn't take you as a flower kind of guy. But if you're wearing what I think you're wearing then you're gonna smell like a flower for awhile, it's not a bad smell though. Bit strong, but not bad." She took a bite of her toast, licking off the chocolate on her lips.

"It might have been better if I had." Seth wrinkled his nose, although he was genuinely pleased that she at least liked the smell. "It had some weird name, and no, I am definitely not a flower guy, but I guess I will have to be for awhile." Next time he should try cheap ass cologne, maybe then he would smell sexy and not girly. He watched her eat the toast, and surprisingly was not hungry himself. Watching her lick her lips was something else though. He could have helped her lick that chocolate off.. He rolled his eyes at himself before his thoughts went any further. Now was not the time.

Now was the time to make Kuro happy by finding Meg and then Sam, but first the tea had to finish. He wrapped his arms over her shoulders and rested his chin gently against her head as he watched the tea kettle. How long did the blasted thing need to heat up, anyway? He could start up a conversation, since last night he had wanted so badly to talk about what had happened, but now the words were stuck in his throat.

Kuro hummed happily and shut her eyes, continuing to eat her toast, "Really? Well, easy mistake to make flower boy. I'm not gonna stop calling you that for like.. the rest of the day." She gave him a wink and finished eating her toast. Putting the plate in the sink. The kettle finished boiling ad she began searching for a cup, "Something's telling me that something is up, so what is it?"

Kuro looked up at Seth, her playful grin gone and replaced by a look of concern. It was almost funny, she had died yesterday and yet she was acting concerned.

Seth closed his eyes, letting events play back in his head, the haze that had plagued his mind slowly clearing. "Almost everything from last night. Watching Kyle do that to you, hearing your screams, seeing your you body lying there. It tore something from me. I know we are reapers, and our body is that of a reaper, but everything else about us is human: our ability to laugh and blush, reason and rebel, look to the past and plan for the future. When you died I lost all of that, became savage." A hollow look was in his eyes when he opened them. "If it had not been anyone else that disturbed me, be it Death, Tenshi, or Lilith, I would have attacked them the same way I did Jack. I don't want to sound like one of those guys that would die without their girl, but before I met you I was already up to the brim with what I could handle." As needed as they were, these kind of conversations sucked. It had been years since he had his last, not liking what they did to the body, but he felt the sudden craving for a cigarette.

Status
Not open for further replies.