Till Death Do Us Part

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh no! Are you going to execute me Mister Captain?" Eliza asked, giving the most fake innocent voice she could. She batted her eyes, pretending to be a poor fair damsel.

"Totally! I'm going to execute you until you die," John responded, unable to keep himself from grinning. Once he finished the statement, the grin turned into a chuckle which quickly became laughter.

"Oh, you bad bad man!" Eliza said, laughing.

Once he gained enough breath to reply properly, he said, "I'm not that bad." John paused, then smiled. "Well, except when it comes to beautiful maidens I find in the woods. I execute them by the wagon-load."

"Does the king know about all of your executions?" Eliza asked. She was starting to open up, forgetting that this was the man who could very well lead her to her death.

"Of course not. He's a royal, any talk of blood upsets the poor man. Have to wait until he's gone. Then I go out, and I gather up all of the maidens and I execute them all until they die." John nods seriously, erasing the smile he had previously.

"You do know that executing them means that they all die right away, right?" Eliza asked.

John chuckled. "Yes, I do. I was joking, Eliza. Executing maidens is a duty that belongs to dragons." He paused, then looked at her. "Well, that might be eating. I don't know. I don't do either, though."

"Good thing. I would have been dead if that was true." Eliza said, chuckling. She unconsciously pulled on the chain holding the king's missing gem.

"Well, no. I'm not an ass. I'd wait to execute you until you healed up, first," John replied, smiling.

"That's just cruel." Eliza said, chuckling. Suddenly, she asked, "Do you have a lover?"

He was surprised by the suddenness of the question. "Well, no," John responded after a minute. "Don't really get enough time to build that kind of relationship."

"I see. Shame. You seem like a nice guy." Eliza said. She actually meant it. She was starting to like this guy... No! She couldn't get distracted! She had to hate him, but... she couldn't.

"I," John paused, blushing softly. "Thanks. Most of the people at the castle would disagree with you, though." He was all business at the castle, always professional. Always acting the way the Captain of the Guard should, following regulations to a t. He'd had to earn that position, after all. Now that he had it, though, he didn't want it as much as he had when he was younger.

"Why wouldn't they? I'm a beautiful maiden! They have to agree with me!" Eliza said, joking.

John chuckled, smiling. "Very true. Although, the king may just lock you up in a magical tower and send a dragon to guard you."

"Why would he ever do that? Doesn't he have a wife?" Eliza asked.

"It's just something kings have to do with beautiful maidens. Practically required by law." John nodded seriously, looking at her.

(( I love how they're just making fun of fairy tales. ))

"Really? Well that's just plain dumb." Eliza said, frowning.

((What else are you going to do in a fairy tale-esque world when they never arrive at the town.))

(( Oh, crap. Completely spaced that, sorry. o.o ))

John gently guided the horse up to the entrance of the inn. "Maybe," he said, carefully sliding off the horse. "I'll be right back, get you a room." With that, he walked inside. After negotiating with the innkeeper for a minute and paying the man with a gold coin, he walked back outside and helped her off the horse. "Got you a room for three weeks, plus vittles," he stated simply.

Status
Not open for further replies.