'Til Death do You Part (Medieval Arranged Marriage) OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lxngdon

Original poster

• [BCOLOR=#333333]V E S C E R O S[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]The country of Vesceros has long been a divided one; despite being under the rule of a single emperor the land has always been divided into twelve kingdoms, each with their own royalty, cultures and purposes in regards to the economy of the land. Alliances and enemies have been formed between these kingdoms, and wars constantly plague the Empire.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]Emperor Nathaniel de Verossa, the sixteenth of his generation to rule the entire country, is growing old. Without an heir, he has decided that the eldest heir or heiress of each of the kingdoms in his Empire will be married to that of another kingdom. This will not only eradicate the wars of the country, but will also help the Vescerosian Council determine the new Emperor and Empress; the couple who best rules their kingdom for a year after they are married will rule the entire empire.[/BCOLOR]

• [BCOLOR=#333333]M O O R V A I N S[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]BIOME: plains[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]Moorvains is the most economically powerful kingdom in the country, besides the Capital. The people are merchants and farmers who occupy the plains with huge trading towns or fields for livestock. People travel all the way across the country to sell their products in Moorvains. Due to the country's close proximity to the Capital, they are very involved in politics.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]R A S T S T H W H A[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]BIOME: tropical/jungle[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]A kingdom known for its hardworking people, great surplus of food, its sugar and its rum. They're seen as drunkards due to the association with the strong drink, but they actually have a legendary tolerance for the stuff and don't even get fazed by normal amounts. They're not technologically advanced and are scene as a "primitive" nation.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]R A H ' V I R A[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]BIOME: desert[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]A nation inhabited solely for the sake of its bountiful supply of gold and silver, there isn't much water that's drinkable and most towns gain it from underground. They are next to the ocean and make steady profits mining salts as well. They're known as shrewd traders and have a pessimistic outlook on life.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]V E L A N C H A[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]BIOME: mountains[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]This kingdom is hidden in a valley, bordered on all sides by huge, treacherous mountains only the citizens know how to properly navigate. Inside the valley is the largest military base in Vesceros; the warmongering Velanchians consider it an honour to die in battle. They are a powerful kingdom due to their impressive military prowess but can occasionally be persuaded to fight for another kingdom, usually for money. They have a rivarly with Cavanaugh.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]C A V A N A U G H[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]BIOME: mountains[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]Easily the most opulent kingdom, Cavanaugh is renowned for their precious gems and dazzling jewellery. The kingdom is made of several large mining families who make tonnes of gold and silver from the precious stones they find in their mountains, which are slightly smaller than that of Velancha. Cavanaugh has a rivalry with Velancha due to their close proximity. The Cavanaugh royals are the richest.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]G R E N D E L H E I M[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]BIOME: northlands[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]A country made of hard, frozen men and powerful animals. It always snows and it always teems with life in defiance to that. They're known for their superior breeds of hunting dogs, ice that they export in massive, tonne weighing blocks to keep it from melting quickly, and their legendary prey that's hunt for both necessity and sport. They're seen as incredibly fierce and territorial and absolutely hate hot weather.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]D E T R O V A S I A[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]BIOME: ocean[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]An island nation off the coast of Rah'vira, it mainly exports fish and pearls. Seen as rather primitive and a jolly folk, they supply the desert country with most of its food through dried fish in exchange for financial backing in matters of political intrigue.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]S A N C T U A R Y[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]BIOME: semi-desert[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]Simply named 'Sanctuary', this nation is the crime capital of Vesceros and is referred to as 'Paradise for Escapees'. Every year, hundreds of exiled citizens from other kingdoms flee to Sanctuary to start a new life. Crime is abundant there but the harsh guards manage to keep things relatively under control. This nation is very independent, with small farms here and there, but they still need to import from other nations. They offer mercenaries in return.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]W R A L T H O N[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]BIOME: forest [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]The vasts forest of Wralthon are home to the best archers and hunters in the land. The kingdom is also home to loggers who export large amounts of timber to other kingdoms. Despite wood being their main export they still manage to keep the forests of Wralthon vast and lush. Wralthon has an alliance with Grendelheim as they trade wood for hunting dogs.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]D U V A R I A N[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]BIOME: wasteland[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]A dry wasteland with little rain and no prospects, Duvarian is occupied by industries and factories that import raw materials from other kingdoms and turn them into completed products. Most people who work in Duvarian are middle-class or poor; only the royal family are well off. Many Duvarians travel to Moorvains to sell the products they are unable to sell to other kingdoms.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]M O O N S A G E[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]BIOME: forest[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]Moonsage is the religious capital of Vesceros. They take the religion of Saatham, the most commonly practiced religion in Vesceros, very seriously and are incredibly faithful. They also experiment with natural herbal remedies and reject the concept of modern medicine. Moonsage is the weakest kingdom economically but the people and royals are content with their way of life.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]T A L O R[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]BIOME: tundra[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]The most intellectual scholars and wisest teachers in the land come from Talor. Scientists, inventors, scholars, academics and writers make up the population of Talor. The kingdom is filled with the largest and best known schools, universities and libraries in all of Vesceros. Those from Talor look down upon those from Moonsage as they refuse to accept the advances of science.[/BCOLOR]

• [BCOLOR=#333333]HEIR OF MOORVAINS[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]female[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]___: reserved by @Shayla[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]Adrianna @Pasi[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]HEIR OF RASTSTHWA[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]male[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]Mistokhida Grabev: played by @Lurcolm[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]HEIR OF RAH'VIRA[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]___: reserved by ___[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]HEIR OF VELANCHA[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]Dratae Kynch: played by @Ulysses[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]Yeshra AdharaEIR OF[BCOLOR=#333333] CAVANAUGH[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]: reserved by @DANAsaur [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]HEIR OF GRENDELHEIM[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]___: reserved by @Vio[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]HEIR OF DETROVASIA[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]Calder Balsam-Anise Vann: reserved by @MaryGoldRound[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]HEIR OF SANCTUARY[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]Odessa Delyth Lupus II: played by @Mysty [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]HEIR OF WRALTHON[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]Akinyi Masika: reserved by @Darru[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]HEIR OF DUVARIAN[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]___: reserved by @Justinaholic[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]HEIR OF MOONSAGE[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]Andelina de la Vaceska: played by @lxngdon[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]Sebastian de la Vaceska: played by @Akashi[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]HEIR OF TALOR[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]Nikolay Chernev: played by @Aleksandar[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]Current male to female count: 6 : 7[/BCOLOR]
  •  

• [BCOLOR=#333333]1. ___ x ___[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]2. ___ x ___[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]3. ___ x ___[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]4. ___ x ___[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]5. ___ x ___[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]7. ___ x ___[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]8. ___ x ___[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333](The pairings will be determined by lxngdon and Lurcolm, and will be announced when all places have been taken.[/BCOLOR]
  •  

• [BCOLOR=#333333]NAME[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]PRONUNCIATION[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]NICKNAME/S[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]AGE (between 16 and 26)[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]BIRTHDAY[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]KINGDOM[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]HAIR[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]EYES[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]HEIGHT[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]WEIGHT[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]SKIN[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]DRESS[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]PIERCINGS[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]MARKS[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]PERSONALITY[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]LIKES[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]DISLIKES[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]HOBBIES[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]HABITS[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]SECRETS[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]FAMILY[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]FRIENDS[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]OTHER RELATIONS[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]PERSONAL HISTORY (optional)[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]OTHER INFORMATIOM[/BCOLOR]
  •  

• [BCOLOR=#333333]1. Unless this is changed by myself or the co-GM, only one character is allowed per player, and only one character per kingdom.[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]2. The pairings will ultimately be decided by lxngdon and Lurcolm. If you have a major issue with the character yours has been paired with, please let us know, but otherwise, our decision is final.[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]3. Only heterosexual pairings will be made. I have no issues with the LGBT community (being bisexual myself) but for the sake of the medieval setting, these pairings will be straight. However, you can make a gay character if you think that would be good.[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]4. Please respect one another OOC.[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]5. Put "long live the king" at the end of your CS in a bright colour to prove you have read the rules.[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]6. Please stick to the CS I have provided. If you want to add additional information, that is fine, but please stick to the template.[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]7. Only realistic face claims are allowed.[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]8. THIS ROLEPLAY IS BEST COME, BEST DRESSED! You need to get in first in order to secure the kingdom you want. [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]9. Please, have fun! This is the most important part![/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#333333]10. NO SEXUAL SCENES: fade to black only. I don't mind if you go into explicit detail in PMs.[/BCOLOR]
  •  

• [BCOLOR=#333333]- The roleplay will start with a Grand Ball in the Capital, which is where the Emperor lives, where all the characters will meet and interact with one another for the first time.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]- The roleplay will stretch a little into the ruling of each individual kingdom. The pairings will go to the kingdom of the man; the female's kingdom will be ruled by their parents and inherited by their younger siblings. So, if you're playing a female, make sure they have a younger sibling.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#333333]- The main religion of the country is Saatham, which is predominately practiced in Moonsage. It follows the same idea as Christianity; they follow one deity, Vellha, and practices in the ideals of peace, prosperity and selflessness. There are no dietary restrictions but it does forbid sexual interactions before marriage. They have priests and churches.[/BCOLOR]

GMs: @lxngdon and @Lurcolm

Tagging people who showed interest: @Shayla @Pasi @DelilahSparks @-Vesper- @Vio @MaryGoldRound @Ulysses @Alexstrasza @Mysty @derelict_lilyflower @Darru @DANAsaur @LostInWonderLand @Nightwing95

We may actually need to open up more spaces.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Mysty and Darru
Reading all of evreyones post andwatching them get excited. Tends to pump me even more than before.

My prince could probably friends with anyone, as long as thier not complete stuck-ups. So I suppose it's more of who'd dislike him, because
Although we do not get to choose who we are assigned with so you never know.

Although we do not get to choose who we are assigned with so you never know.
Oh, yes. Yes, the assignment of the marriage partners. I'm anticipating that, it's a surprise so...

But, I'm talking about friendships or acquaintances of the sort.

Oh, yes. Yes, the assignment of the marriage partners. I'm anticipating that, it's a surprise so...

But, I'm talking about friendships or acquaintances of the sort.
I see, well the first stage is the meeting party I suppose a good time as any to create connections, thinking about what they've said would it make sense for the couples to have a pm group with the game master for matters of state? After all the other countries would not know the decisions of the leaders for their kingdom right?

@Ulysses of interest ? I mean you are powerfull, the largest military base and impressive military prowess, my character kingdom are great hunters and archers. Imagine what would be born if they will try to make the 'perfect' warrior.
Or aomething like this.. I was thinking :) so ?
@lxngdon why not :) I have a question, can I change the face claim ? And add more imformations ? :)
That's fine
@lxngdon Another question XD, my guy will be up soon. I am trying for tonight but might have to wait until Friday. But my Guy will have like Unique Weaponry and maybe even Mechanical Robots/Servants that run on cogs and wheels... which is going to be funny. Steampunk Mech is always something I loved to do and I actually get to rp about it somewhat so yay XD but yeah, just letting you know.

steampunk_robot_by_ziom05-d5cl5eb.jpg

Something like this... but not as terrifying XD.

088240ac687b6ca845700bb410e076b4.jpg

A weapon like this, maybe. All ranged weapons though.
That's also perfectly fine

• Thank You
Reactions: Darru and Justin
Shit yeah I am
A bit of an odd question but what exactly is special about my kingdom? I've the best warriors? Whereas others have riches and inventors my kingdom is bred only to fight yes?

The prince of Talor is a patron of science and wisdom all across the land. I mean for real. Got a really good university in your kingdom? Chances are, it's founded with a sizeable donation from the royal family of Talor. Got smart people you want to train? Why not take advantage of the "Magnum Opus" programme, allowing talented people from all around the empire to sit an exam, competing for a number of places in any given field, among the famous universities of Talor. He is well known for financing hundreds of simple schools in even peasant communities, opening philosophy schools into the wilderness, donating large sums to respected monks, philosophers and teacher, all across the land. Oh, but course, the Black Prince's gifts are poison – he may train your people and promise that they can come back to improve their home afterwards, but how many actually came back? Moreover, who is to say to whom did those, who came back really owe allegiance to now? Talor has been selflessly giving its gift of knowledge to all the people of the empire, but how come the situation in other kingdoms have not improved a bit? And all the while Talor's wealth of wisdom continues to grow and their ever brighter ivory towers beckon the rest of the brightness from all corners of the empire to come to them.

I imagine my character as the kind who would attract rather polarising emotions – to the majority of the common folk he would seem like the true light bringer in their backward world. Nevertheless, there will be those who will sense something rotten in all of this, as mentioned above. Since this is mostly the royalty of the lands, I assume most of you will be taking the latter stance, but there may also be some among you, who would not listen to this kind of vile slander, especially since there is absolutely no proof about it, and would attribute it to jealousy. After all, every slanderous statement, would basically be conspiracy theories floating in the upper circles of the empire. With those of you who wouldn't buy into such vile rumours, we may actually become splendid friends, and the black prince always makes sure his friends are happy.

As a basis for a certain relationship, I would imagine that either he visited your kingdom in order to discuss trade and establish some knowledge-seeking organisation, or lead a delegation from a group of his country's such organisations. Another option is to have met while we were young, still children even. How awesome would that be? Perhaps they played some games, which indicated both of their future characters? Maybe, you beat the shit out of him for some reason, or maybe you just did it for no reason? Perhaps you actually won some sort of game logic/guessing/trivia game against him and made a snide remark about how, for the prince of the wisest nation out there, he doesn't really seem like much? Take your pick and go for it. But you will only see how he reacts, when you do actually meet. When seeing you, after all this time, would he be angry, vengeful, or would he simply reminiscent with laughter?

@Darru

Last edited:
  • Useful
  • Love
Reactions: Darru and lxngdon
A bit of an odd question but what exactly is special about my kingdom? I've the best warriors? Whereas others have riches and inventors my kingdom is bred only to fight yes?
Yours is pretty much just military, yeah.

@lxngdon, I have a question, given the fact there are such warmongering kingdoms in the empire, do we have perhaps some external foe to content with, perhaps just nomadic tribes or maybe another huge empire? That would give purpose to warmongering, as something that is actually needed to protect the Empire, as opposed to nmjust being a force of destruction that needs to be abolished for the good of everyone. It would add another layer to the roleplay. Just a thought

Last edited:
@lxngdon, I have a question, given the fact there are such warmongering kingdoms in the empire, do we have perhaps some external foe to content with, perhaps just nomadic tribes or another huge empire? That would give purpose to warmongering, as something that is actually needed, as opposed to needing to be abolished for the good of everyone, and add another layer to the roleplay. Just a thought
Hm. I'll have a chat with @Lurcolm about it. He's better at lore and stuff than I am. Good idea!

Okay here's some stuff I managed to pull together regarding the kingdom of Sanctuary, as well as current relations and/or future relations for my character with you guys. I didn't want to be an awkward lump in the corner. Anywhoo...

4586559_orig.jpg

Going off what I was given for Sanctuary, it's almost like a big jail. The kingdom itself is somewhat isolated in comparison to the others, and it has a sense of foreboding to it that can make your skin crawl. Royal guards line every street corner, and police brutality is not uncommon here. It's not a land of cute farmers and sweet villagers; it's the land of rejects, of the vile, of the runaways. Nobody comes to Sanctuary willingly and it's for good reason.

The closer you travel to the castle, the better the conditions of the towns. Even then, it's all essentially ghettos, it's just the state you find them in that changes. Prostitution, gambling, thievery, etc, is all common around here and thought of as accepted. Again, nobody goes to Sanctuary willingly, it's the last stop for the sad life of an exile. The kingdom itself is gaurded by heavy walls, but whether→ →it's supposed to keep enemies out, or it's people in, is debatable. Thick fog and smoke always seems to hang in the air, again, making your skin crawl the moment you step inside Sanctuary's iron gates. Imagine Riften from Skyrim; triple it's size, and that's their kingdom. If you need some sort of underhand job done, they will be living among st the walls of Sanctuary, as they are known for their fierce and deadly mercenaries.

[ I'm doing this in order/reference of the characters on the first post, so if I miss you it's because you either weren't added yet or I'm a dumbass and read over you entirely. ]
Mistokhida Grabev : @Lurcolm : I feel Mistokhida and Odessa would have a very neutral relationship. She wouldn't dislike him per say, and she'd respect his determination, however his kind gentlemanly act might rub her the wrong way since she dislikes formalities and would probably assume upfront that it was fake. (not that it is, just from my character's point of view.) I'm sure their kingdoms would get along fine, I don't see a reason for them to dislike each other.

Dratea Kynch : @Ulysses : Between Dratea's history of being a warrior, and his calm and collected nature, these two would probably get along fine. She'd like how straight up he is, yet not arrogant. On top of that, his dislike for religious people would most likely leave Odessa to assume he dislikes conformity. Since she has nothing against him, their kingdoms would probably have no reason to dislike one another.

Yeshra Adhara : @DANAsaur : These two are so alike they'd either be the best of friends or the absolute worse of enemies. If anything, Odessa would see Yeshra as a rival and a possible threat of her power, so that's an automatic dislike for obvious reasons. But she'd give credit where credit is due and admire her for her strengths. Although, these two would be an awfully terrifying duo, but even more terrifying as enemies. So, rivalry maybe? ;D

Akini Masiki : @Darru : I know we've already come to the conclusion that these two would be partners in crime. They balance each other perfectly and would make an amazing duo, and no matter how much Odessa may try, she wouldn't be able to dislike Akini, and she'd admire her courage. So allies, and maybe even good friends. (adorable character by the way.)

Andelina de la Vaceska : @lxngdon : On the opposite side of the spectrum, I feel like Odessa would dislike Adelina because she sees charity as a weakness, and Andelina seems to be a very fair and kind ruler to her people. On top of that, it says Andelina doesn't like tyrants- and Odessa is just that. So lots of bickering, shade being thrown, and high tensions, perhaps? At least they can agree on their dislike for religion. Regarding their kingdoms, maybe past wars/problems if possible. c; (I don't know what lines I'm allowed to cross here lmao.)

Nickolay Chernev ?: @Aleksander : This is a hard one. Odessa would definently try to read into Nickolay's polite and kind dispositions, and maybe think he is a pushover at first because of the act, but perhaps, if she ever is able to read past his front they'd get along, they seem to have some of the same views and aspects on life, especially in their search for power. If their relationship isn't neutral, than perhaps positive.
  • These are just like, first impressions I got after stalking through character sheets so feel free to correct me if you feel otherwise. c: I'll probably update this as people finish their characters.
edit: you all have such lovely characters aaah. ;w;

• Love
Reactions: Darru and lxngdon
@Mysty I really like your take on Sanctuary. Also, I agree, I don't think Andelina would like Odessa very much.

Reactions: Mysty

Yeshra Adhara : @DANAsaur : These two are so alike they'd either be the best of friends or the absolute worse of enemies. If anything, Odessa would see Yeshra as a rival and a possible threat of her power, so that's an automatic dislike for obvious reasons. But she'd give credit where credit is due and admire her for her strengths. Although, these two would be an awfully terrifying duo, but even more terrifying as enemies. So, rivalry maybe? ;D

Yes! I would love for them to be rivals. I imagine the two of them being civil whenever there's people around then backstab each other when they're back in their own kingdoms hahaha

I imagine Yeshra throwing all her jewelry because she saw her wearing a bigger diamond or something xD​

@lxngdon
Yeah my Tinker Prince will be up on Friday^^.
This is his FC BTW Isha Blaaker
369958.jpg

Reactions: lxngdon
I actually have four days off a work starting Friday... so I can actually work on getting posts and everything for all my rps... this weekend. Gah freedom XD coming soon.

I don't even know what to say. My character is in the middle of the forest, with all this whitty people around with BIG dreams and believes about their kingdom -sigh-
So who dares to make the first step? No one ? Uh... ok then. I will make it.

@Alexstrasza are you in for the games of relationships ? We(I) would like to have you among us :)
I already agreed! :D Just need to do this CS, struggling a bit but it will be done soon.

You'll have to negotiate with the cavanagh in order to let any of your people get to the gates without risk of attack.
I dont get it. Why people ? I (my character) will talk, no people, no other noble person. And for Cavanah I will think of something ...

The prince of Talor is a patron of science and wisdom all across the land. I mean for real. Got a really good university in your kingdom? Chances are, it's founded with a sizeable donation from the royal family of Talor. Got smart people you want to train? Why not take advantage of the "Magnum Opus" programme, allowing talented people from all around the empire to sit an exam, competing for a number of places in any given field, among the famous universities of Talor. He is well known for financing hundreds of simple schools in even peasant communities, opening philosophy schools into the wilderness, donating large sums to respected monks, philosophers and teacher, all across the land. Oh, but course, the Black Prince's gifts are poison – he may train your people and promise that they can come back to improve their home afterwards, but how many actually came back? Moreover, who is to say to whom did those, who came back really owe allegiance to now? Talor has been selflessly giving its gift of knowledge to all the people of the empire, but how come the situation in other kingdoms have not improved a bit? And all the while Talor's wealth of wisdom continues to grow and their ever brighter ivory towers beckon the rest of the brightness from all corners of the empire to come to them.

I imagine my character as the kind who would attract rather polarising emotions – to the majority of the common folk he would seem like the true light bringer in their backward world. Nevertheless, there will be those who will sense something rotten in all of this, as mentioned above. Since this is mostly the royalty of the lands, I assume most of you will be taking the latter stance, but there may also be some among you, who would not listen to this kind of vile slander, especially since there is absolutely no proof about it, and would attribute it to jealousy. After all, every slanderous statement, would basically be conspiracy theories floating in the upper circles of the empire. With those of you who wouldn't buy into such vile rumours, we may actually become splendid friends, and the black prince always makes sure his friends are happy.

As a basis for a certain relationship, I would imagine that either he visited your kingdom in order to discuss trade and establish some knowledge-seeking organisation, or lead a delegation from a group of his country's such organisations. Another option is to have met while we were young, still children even. How awesome would that be? Perhaps they played some games, which indicated both of their future characters? Maybe, you beat the shit out of him for some reason, or maybe you just did it for no reason? Perhaps you actually won some sort of game logic/guessing/trivia game against him and made a snide remark about how, for the prince of the wisest nation out there, he doesn't really seem like much? Take your pick and go for it. But you will only see how he reacts, when you do actually meet. When seeing you, after all this time, would he be angry, vengeful, or would he simply reminiscent with laughter?

@Darru

Can I marry you? I mean, nevermind, i will think of something good and ai will write it. I .. man...you left speachless.

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jargo and lxngdon
Status
Not open for further replies.