Those Who Walk the Planes

Eh. The two main things I wanted to get at was already having a creature summoned and the whole glowing thing. When a Planeswalker summons a creature not native to the current plane, not only must they constantly concentrate on keeping that creature bound to that plane, but any injury dealt to the summons is felt, albeit to a lesser extent, by the summoner. And Planeswalkers don't glow, mana or no mana. They can sense nearby mana SOURCES if they concentrate, but even then they can only sense the colors they are attuned to. If they glowed, Liliana wouldn't have been able to hide her status from Jace (nor would Jace have been able to hide from himself and Tezz).

And most importantly, Planeswalkers are almost never the most powerful mage on any given plane. Not even close, usually.

Anyways, that's how Planesjumpers (I'm just gonna call them that to differentiate between them and Urza's generation) work. But it's up to Moony.

Hmm with this new knowledge I'll make some alterations to my post.

edit: To clarify though, Dhalenka glows because of the cytoplasm grafted to her skin/her cytoplasm heart/circulatory system.

Also I'm curious where to draw mana from for each of the colours. Just to avoid confusion/inconsistency in-game.

Oh, no, it wasn't my character who was all glowy (if that's what you're talking about), but the Furnace Whelps themselves, since they're fire-based. And remember, TNT, this RP is based in the future of what MTG is at right now. So PlanesJumpers (we'll call them that in the OOC) are more powerful than in the current MTG universe. Just not as powerful as the -original- Planeswalkers.

Oh. I thought that you were glowing, Moony.

Just because it's in the future doesn't mean they're more powerful across the board. After all, since this is taking place just before the Innistrad Block, Garruck still has his curse, Tezz and Sarkhan are both still warped by Bolas, etc. The main thing about Planeswalkers is that the only thing that their spark gives them is the ability to jump from plane to plane. It doesn't actually grant any power anymore.

Oh, did I not specify? This is much more in the future. I'm starting in Innistrad simply because of the new Innistrad release. But this story takes place like, a couple thousand years from where MTG is right now.

Still, the nature of the Spark doesn't change. Just ask Bolas. Even after using Alara to reboot his spark, he's now a Planesjumper, just like the others, and he's still a fragment of his former self.

But the spark changed once before, during the cataclysm. What's to say it can't change again?

Hey. Just checking in because I haven't seen a reply for awhile.