Those Who Walk the Planes

Nice. I actually have Iona in one of my decks ^_^!

Nice! You're good Kitti. I shall post the IC up today, hopefully.

BY THE WAY: I've decided we will be starting in Innistrad, in honor of the new set coming up.

AND ANOTHER EDIT. I decided that most, if not all of us, will arrive at Innistrad at the command of some "mysterious voice". Basically, the voice told our characters to arrive at Innistrad at a certain time and day, at a certain point, to meet with other people.

Question: is it alright if Dhalenka herself has abilities similar to cytoplast manipulator? Ie. She manipulates the creatures because of the cytoplasm. I was thinking mostly because role-playing her I'd like to -mutate- regular creatures as much as summon pre-grafted creatures. As a basis for this I figure, in terms of deck, she's a simic/mind control deck. I would think it would play interesting in game.

To keep it balanced I figure she'll need to use more cytoplasm to manipulate stronger creatures (meaning more mana). So maybe she'd have to channel mana for biomancy longer before applying and then taking control.

Yeah, that works, Hartke. But if you want to make it more balanced, you could make it so that physical contact is required, or something like that. Up to you, on that.

I'll give it some thought until it comes up, but most likely I'll have it so she has to have physical contact with the grafted creatures she manipulates.

Anyway almost done post but I have to get to bed. I'll finish it up and post it tomorrow night.

So has anyone read any of the planeswalker books? If not, I highly recommend it. Planeswalkers aren't these super-powerful, god-like beings anymore. They're just like other mages, save for their ability to jump between planes.

Oh my gooood a MtG RP? Can I still join??

I've also changed my Legendary. It's now and artifact rather than a creature.

I'm sorry my first post was so shitty. I wrote it in five minutes while on break. I will do better. Also I will fix it up, hopefully tomorrow.

Hrm...maybe I should lay some ground rules for what Planesjumpers (what Erza's generation call the current generation) are actually capable of...
Moony, it's your RP. How do you feel about that?

Unfortunately the only lit. regarding MtG I have read was a book from Urza throwing off a Phyrexian invasion .. this book was about his Planeswalker transformation and involved Karn and others. It was actually surprisingly good.

Sadly I've never personally read the books, but a friend of mine has a favourite author that apparently wrote one of them. That being said I've read the wiki on a number of character/planes/etc. I found most of that information insightful. As far as restrictions go/etc. I don't mind having my character be slightly limited. To be honest I'm trying to draw out Dhalenka's weaknesses, both as a person and a planeswalker/biomancer.

Also. I had planned to post tonight but well . . . I'm pretty hammered. I'll finish it up tomorrow.

I read "The Brothers' War" and "Time Streams" ... which happened to be the very first books about Urza's saga! Neato.

TNT, I know that the Planeswalkers aren't godly entities anymore. In fact, that is going to be a major plot point. I also know that Planesjumping depends on the strength of the Planeswalker, whether they can jump from anywhere or need to go to a certain point. I haven't read any of the books, but I've asked friends who have.

Alright I've figured out how Dhalenka's play mechanics will work in-game.

• Dhalenka is able to channel biomancy through any 'living' object.
  • Dhalenka now uses a whip as a weapon. The whip is made of prototype cytoplast which needs to be surgically attached for it to have any effect on the host.
  • Because the whip is made of cytoplast, a living material, she can channel biomancy through it.
  • Channelling biomancy through the whip, she can graft cytoplasm onto a creature. She can still graft regularly through touch, and can whip enemies without grafting onto them because the whip is made of prototype cytoplasm.
  • The cytoplasm grafted with the whip carries the DNA of the last grafted creature. This is because the whip is made of cytoplasm and thus also stores genetic data. When cytoplasm is channelled through the whip DNA is copied from the whip into the newly formed cytoplast. When Dhalenka grafts onto a creature the whip copies the grafted creature's DNA and stores it.
  • Dhalenka can copy an enemy's DNA by whipping them; however, it requires channelled magic.

For mind control, I was thinking Dhalenka would require touch-contact. She could channel biological rhythms that disrupt one's instincts/biological impulses. It doesn't so much direct them mentally as it does emotionally/physically. The effect wouldn't be something which could be done easily and will not be something Dhalenka is aware she can do until later in the plot. I figure she could channel control through the whip, but it would only be enough to invoke a single impulse/change of action. I'm also thinking it could be a plot point for her, as mind control is a bit more on the dubious side and would make her feel closer to the route that her father was taking.

Just checking to make sure all of this okay. I know I've been asking a lot lately but it's only because we're so early in the thread and the mechanics are still in the works. We should hopefully be good for awhile.

Yeah, that all looks perfect, Hartke. And don't worry, this is what the OOC is for. To refine the rules and such.