♦Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry♦

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"You know I'm too lazy for that shit." Mason shook his head. Eli always sweet talked people into bed, Mason just made it clear he was only there for one night and one night only, it got him his sort of girl. Which was practically any girl, really. Mason folded his arms as Dean left with the doctor. He hoped Dean would ask him a lot of questions, they deserved to know something.

"Hopefully Dean is trying to get some answers." The scene from the room had died down luckily, but when Mason walked over to peek in, he saw Taylor looking like was dead or dying. He nibbled his lip, to go from violently throwing up to almost dead was down to drugs for sure. And something that had to be very strong. He also turned his head to see the nurses turn the corner. He agreed with Eli and decided that they should. He tugged on Eli's arm as he tried not to loose them.

The nurses were discussing something between themselves as the two tried to follow quietly. Mason felt the same uncomfortable feeling he felt when they first entered. He could tell something was off, and he was instantly suspicious there was government involvement here. They turned corners until they reached a door that cut the corridor off, A "No Public Access" sign was stuck on. Mason poked his head through the glass to see the two nurses walk into a room, using a keycard to open the door. "Fuck man, this is some scooby doo shit." He sighed.

-
Kyle watched half the room disappear out of the door. He sighed as he watched everyone go off in different directions. Kyle wanted them all just to have a moment together so they could at least talk about where to go from here. He nibbled the skin on his lip as he sat back down to Taylor. "Hey, we'll all be out of here soon, don't you worry..." He said quietly. Taylor just stared forward, her hand limp in Kyle's. The nurse who was cleaning up the mess seemed young, Kyle watched her cringe as she used the mop. "Do you know what they gave her?" He asked, trying not to get upset. If Dean was getting some answers, Kyle might try to aswell.

The nurse looked up and looked at Taylor with a sorry look on her face. "I'm not sure honestly. I'm just a student nurse, but my best guess is morphine? I don't know why it'd be something else." Kyle sighed, she was clueless. But it did make him think, "What nurse was that before?" He asked. The student nurse looked like she was thinking, "Uh - I'm not actually sure. She's new but from the way she runs this ward, she's high ranking." Kyle narrowed his eyes as she continued to mop the floor. In this small hospital, surely they'd know each other. And what was a high ranking nurse doing tests and drug administration for? He seemed to get more questions than answers.

Instead of pestering her, Kyle held onto Taylor's weak hand. She looked like she didn't know her own name or planet. He sighed as he looked at the door, already hoping Dean would come back with some better news. The visiting hours were gonna come to a close soon, Kyle wished he could stay with her but he could already tell they were going to be shooed out as soon as the clock hit the hour.​

Last edited:
"Damn it." Elijah growled as he looked through the glass beside Mason just as the nurses disappeared through another door. An uncharacteristic determination had taken hold of him as he desperately wanted answers. Perhaps it was an overcompensation for wanting to prove his worth to everyone and that he could be useful.

Something caught his attention. "Look," he pointed to a wide vent that sat on the wall nearby judging by its position it would run through the rooms down that corridor. "I could totally fit in there," Eli concluded as he began to shrug his jacket off, stepping beneath it to gauge how far up it was. It seemed to be held in place by a few measly screws that were already pretty loose. It was perfect and classic movie potential.

"Hoist me up." He glanced over his shoulder to Mason, his eyes glistening mischievously. "Two can play at this Scooby Doo shit. They'll never expect it."

------

"I'm not talking until you tell me why you are drugging her." Dean's voice was firm, gaze hard and he tried to maintain an air of intimidation. The doctor looked confused at the question, turning to flip through the files he had on his desk. Dean could barely make out Taylor's name scribbled on them.

"I'm...not sure what you mean. I don't have any records to indicate she should be...." his expression melted from puzzlement to slight worry.

"You were standing in the room when the nurse injected her! Whatever was in that needle made her go totally out!" The doctor's expression remained as he tried to search for an answer. Dean crossed his arms again, his eyes carrying an uncharacteristic grumpiness from everything. It seemed even Dean was not immune to the side effects from lack of sleep.

"I...didn't see that. I must have been looking through the paperwork." Dean looked at him with disbelief. Was this guy really that clueless? "Look...I really want to help your friend but I'm afraid I'm just as confused as you are. I was hoping we might be able to help each other out." He paused, "I will look into her medications. Perhaps she was prescribed something I was not aware of."

This hospital was stellar. "If you really are as clueless as you claim, you have to understand why we are so suspicious and worried about her." The doctor nodded at this, seeming as though he was thinking over something.

"There is another consistency with these cases." He peered across the desk at Dean from behind his glasses, "men in black. They always show up when these cases come through, but refuse to reveal anything other than the fact they are with the government. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?"

Mason sighed when Eli cursed. It was really frustrating. He knew the government was involved now, small shitty towns near a military base are a number one choice, on purpose or by accident. Mason knew it wouldn't take long before officials turned up to ask questions. He shook his head as he looked through the glass again, he didn't want to go in there. It looked suspicious enough that they were floating around, let alone actually trespassing.

Eli seemed to have a different idea. Mason was usually the one with outlandish plans, but this was next level. He rolled his eyes, his head shaking. "You're not serious." Mason said with a smirk before he realized Eli totally was. He was actually sizing up the vent. Mason looked at him with a confused look. Eli would have been the first one to suggest they go home, he wondered what was making him so determined to get in there. "C'mon John McClaine, this isn't a movie." He snorted as Eli asked for some help.

There was hesitation, but he could see in Eli's eyes he wasn't giving this up. With a shrug, Mason walked over to Eli and squatted. He gripped his skinny thighs and lifted him up. It wasn't anything too hard, Eli was as light as a feather. "Hurry it up, visiting hours finish soon right?"

-
"Look, you should go, the head nurse is really firm on the clock." The student nurse began to put away her cleaning supplies, leaving the room smelling like chlorine. Taylor barely seemed to care. Kyle looked at her before sighing, "She can't left alone, surely." Kyle swallowed as he squeezed Taylor's hand. Thinking about another sleep in the waiting room was terrifying, but leaving her alone in this bed was worse. He couldn't stand the thought. The nurse seemed genuinely sympathetic, "Her mother said she was on her way back to stay with her tonight, she'll be okay." The small woman tip toed over to Kyle and patted his shoulder. With a sigh, Kyle stood up, "I'll be back as soon as I can tomorrow Tay, I love you." Kyle squeezed her hand again as he left with the nurse.

"Is she your girlfriend?" The nurse walked him down the corridor, obviously trying to cheer him up. Kyle just shook his head, hands in his pockets. "Ah, just friends?" Kyle nodded, he looked around as they walked, eyes occasionally looking through the windows of offices. The nurse kept making small talk, but Kyle wasn't listening. He stood dead in his tracks as he spotted Dean in one office. He prayed there were some answers. The nurse didn't even seem to notice he was gone when Kyle opened the door.

"Men in black?" Kyle stood in. Instant worry was on his face as he stood as close to Dean as he could. He only heard of those sorts of things from Mason at 2AM, but he assumed it was all his paranoia talking. Kyle looked up to Dean, chewing his lip. Maybe it wasn't all a myth.​

His expression was stone when Mason questioned him. Elijah was just as surprised at himself as Mason was, however his expression did not show it. Was he really about to crawl through a tiny air space while completely sober? Why, yes he was. If he was high off his ass it would have made a whole lot more sense. He tried to ignore the elated joy he got from Mason holding his thighs while simultaneously pulling himself into the tight space as he was lifted up.

Here he was army crawling into the dimly lit vents. The reality of it was a lot less cool than the movies made it seem, but he was determined and there was no turning back now. "It's so cute when you worry about me, dude." Eli grinned savagely, voice echoing off the walls around him as he slowly made his way forward. Minutes felt like hours as he tried to crawl as fast as he could, but he did take comfort in knowing the cargo shorts would likely be ruined after this. His throat began to pulse with the need to cough at the outrageous amount of dust, but he pushed forward as quietly as he could manage.

As he ventured further he could hear the familiar voices of the nurses- one in particular. He was right to think they would not suspect someone listening in from above.

"Those fucking kids I swear-- they are making things difficult. I never get so much push back. I need that paycheck." Eli's eyebrows furrowed as he placed his ear closer to the cold surface.

-------

Dean's attention was immediately pulled away at the sound of Kyle's voice, seeing him still looking very worried as he walked into the room. He looked up at him from where he sat before turning his attention back to the doctor. "We don't know anything about that," he paused as he ran a hand through his messy dreadlocks. This was too much. He couldn't take anymore. "I don't know what to make of any of this and none of us have had any time to sort any of this out ourselves." He stood from the chair and gave Kyle's shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "We need time. We've been up all night..." the doctor nodded hastily, standing as well.

"That is for the best. Visiting hours are over soon. Will you be back soon?" He asked, Dean noting that he gradually seemed to look more paranoid the longer they sat in the office. "Do not hesitate to give me a call if you remember anything. Just do me a small favor-" the doctor gave a quick glance to the hallway, "don't mention this to anyone. We need to keep this...low." He reached forward and placed a piece of paper in Dean's hand. Out of instinct Dean quickly retracted his hand, moving toward the door with Kyle.

"We'll be in touch," and with that they were out of the door. He had so many questions, but there was only one that really mattered right now. He just wanted to get them all out of there. "How is Taylor?" Dean looked down at Kyle, "are you okay?"

Mason rolled his eyes as he finally got Eli into the vent. He thought he was the crazy one. He heard Eli call back for him, but Mason decided not to respond. Instead, he walked over to the door and peaked through the glass to see what he could get. He wondered if Eli was hearing more than him, because literally nothing was happening.

Mason nibbled his lip as he looked around for the time. It felt like hours since Eli had ventured into the vent, and he was beginning to get nervous. But he did see something. He watched the window when he saw a man in a black suit walk across from one room to another, long black coat trailing behind him.

Ducking quickly behind the door, Mason hoped nobody saw him. From what Mason gathered, he hadn't been spotted, but now he was seriously concerned. Mason knew what men did when they looked like that. Mason stood away from the glass and looked up, not hearing anything yet. Mason stood up on a chair and poked the vent, "Eli, Eli c'mon we gotta go." He tried to be loud enough to be heard, but not to alert anybody else. Mason wasn't trying to get caught by MIBs, that was for sure.

-
As Dean stood up, Kyle nodded. He was absolutely shattered and the adrenaline had seriously worn off. He felt like he'd probably fall asleep in the car on the way back, the drive was long after all. The doctor seemed tired too. He wondered why this doctor was trying to help them, but Kyle was too tired to question him. He was sure Dean got everything he needed.

As they headed out of the office Kyle sighed, wondering what the plan was now. As Dean asked, Kyle looked up. "Well, she's drugged up, that's for sure. The nurse said it was a pain killer but that doesn't make any sense." Kyle nibbled the skin on his lips as he put his hands in his pocket. "I'm fine, just looking forward to a shower." He said truthfully.

The boys walked through the corridor, seemingly finding the exit quite easy. Kyle saw the sun was still blazing. He really wanted to hold Dean's hand, but he felt too shy to do anything like that. He looked around at the empty reception room, suddenly reminded that they were missing half the band. "Where are the other two?"​

Dean always felt an unexplainable pull toward Kyle since they met the first day of band practice some time ago. The urge to hold his hand was always festering at his fingertips along with the toiling need to hug him. It didn't help that Kyle was absolutely fantastic at hugs and fit so perfectly in Dean's long arms. They remained in an awkward, unspoken limbo and he had no idea how or when he should ever try for something more and the last thing he wanted to do was risk the friendship they did have.

"That makes two of us." Dean smiled as he day dreamed about washing off last night's grime. He paused when they entered another corridor, noting Eli and Mason weren't where they left them. Of course they weren't. He looked over at Kyle with a sigh, "when are they ever where they're supposed to be?" There was a subtle smile on his lips at this- if there was one thing the duo was good at it was keeping Dean on his toes-

-----

The women continued on, but the conversation had dulled into other topics- until another voice entered- it was obviously a man's. He slowly crawled toward the waffle wire vent, peering down into the sterile room to see the women talking with a man dressed rather peculiarly. He almost looked like the type from Mason's silly conspiracy theories. But then they started talking about...things. Things involving Taylor and the impossible. And then the man looked up and Eli could have sworn he looked him dead in the eye.

Eli immediately began to shimmy backwards, much less gracefully than he had entered. He finally felt his feet enter open air as he reached the entrance, temporarily forgetting just how high up he was. He practically fell on his ass, but managed to catch himself.

"We need to go. Now." He grabbed Mason's hand in a strong grip and immediately began to lead them toward the exit. Coincidentally he almost ran face first into the tree that was Dean. "Just the man I wanted to see! Can we get a lift out of here? Like right now?" before he was able to respond Eli was dragging him as well.

Beginning to get impatient, Mason paced a little, he heard the cracking of the metal vent. Eli must have been coming back, much louder than he had entered. He muffled his laughter as Eli basically fell out of the vent. Although, his grin was soon wiped off his face when he saw Eli's. His friend nearly never looked phased by anything, so it was a worry to see him look so scared. "What is going on man?" Mason asked seriously before he was grabbed. Eli's seriousness made Mason turn his head to look through the glass again. He saw the man looking at him through his sunglasses. He now understood Eli's panic.

Instead of asking more questions, Mason sped walk through the corridors. They were empty and silent. He hoped nobody followed them. Seeing Dean and Kyle round the corner was a relief, that meant Dean would be able to drive them out of here. Eli dragged Dean with his other hand, Kyle holding onto Dean. "We need to go, like right now." He saw the confused faces of his friends. Mason felt awful for leaving Taylor in there, but they wouldn't be able to help her if they were drugged too.

Once outside, the sun was close to sunset, but it was still dry and warm. He freed his hand from Eli's grip as he turned to Dean, "Shotgun."

-
Kyle looked up to Dean with a smile. The whole situation was tiring and traumatic. Kyle couldn't imagine what it would be like without Dean there for him. Kyle just wished he could have more. The comfort was amazing, but what would really help would to cuddle under his arms, and fall asleep on his chest. Kyle knew they were together in past lives, he just wished they were together now. But he didn't have the balls to mention anything.

He stopped thinking about it as the other two bust through the door. Kyle watched Eli's face as he dragged Mason behind him. Something was wrong. The entire aura of the room was dulled dramatically. Eli grabbed Dean as he made his way out. To avoid being left behind, Kyle attached himself to Dean's forearm as they left the dusty hospital.

The outside was just as dusty, the sun close to setting. Kyle looked around for an explanation. "What is that all about?" Kyle wanted to know if everything was okay with Taylor. He wouldn't leave if she wasn't okay.​

There was little difference between the mustiness of the air inside as opposed to outside. He had been dumb think he could act like that and not get any questioning from it- especially from worry wart Kyle. "Some dude, looked real fishy. I just had the feeling we needed to get out." Eli offered the bare minimum, growing quieter now that the adrenaline's grip on him was dissipating. He wasn't much in the mood for talking and all he could think about was the little bag of white powder neatly tucked under his pillow at home. He quickly sat in the back seat of Dean's rickety old car once he heard the doors click, obviously trying to avoid conversation for the moment.

Even now after all of that Eli was too proud to mention anything to do with extraterrestrial nonsense- he refused to believe any of it. He simply sat in the back of the car, practically curled up in the seat with arms folded over his chest. His expression was hard and thoughtful as he looked out the window, trying to sort through the jumbled mess that was his mind right now. He needed time- and maybe a blow job.

----

He didn't get much of a chance to question Eli before being pulled out of the hospital, but his expression showing the same concern Kyle voiced. Dean was admittedly a bit disappointed when Mason beat Kyle to shotgun, but even he could not dismiss the age old tradition for dibs on the passenger seat.

"I got some information too, but I think we could all do with some regrouping before talking about anything."
Dean gave a look around their rag tag group and they all looked like hell. He was certain he had bags the size of golf balls underneath his eyes. "I'll take you all home, we can get together tomorrow." He gave one last look back to the old hospital before unlocking his car and starting it up.

This mystery was turning out to be a lot more than he initially thought.

The car journey home was a little strange. Usually they put on Dean's radio and blast it as loudly as they could down the dusty road. This time, no music, just lots of silence and lots of remarks about their situation. Mason felt like he was in some sort of trouble, but was far too tired to even process it. Everytime he made a comment about UFO's or anything, Eli shot him down. Usually Mason would happily argue back and speak over him, but right now he couldn't be bothered. He just wanted to get to Eli's to snort some lines and bang a hot girl.

When Kyle mentioned going back to the hospital the next day made Mason groan. He felt guilty but he didn't want to see that nurse again. "Look, if what Dean's doctor said is legit, then I'm not risking getting my ass beaten or murdered, or worse!" Mason turned in his seat to look at Eli and Kyle. "We gotta be smart about this. I don't want that to happen to any of us." Mason looked at the space between the two boys, where Taylor usually sat. He felt guilty, and it was obvious in his face as he slowly turned back. He couldn't stand the thought of Taylor coming back to Deadwood, as dead wood. He knew what happened to people like her, they got paranoid, shut off, or even worse. Taylor wouldn't be herself.

Once they passed the sign for Deadwood, the sun was halfway over the horizon. Mason thought and thought about how to handle this. He read about these situations, and knew each persons story in detail, how did he not have a plan? He thought he'd be more excited for this, but it was just down right spooky.

-
Kyle slid into the backseat, unsatisfied with Eli's answer. He pressed his cheek against the window as he sighed, he was so worried about Taylor. He also didn't like how everyone in the car was different. Eli was quiet, Mason wasn't argumentative, Dean wasn't playing music. It was strange. But he knew they probably just desperately needed sleep and a shower. Kyle stayed out of Mason's rambles and it all, he didn't want to be a part of it.

"We need to take her home, tomorrow hopefully." Kyle said quietly, finally getting Mason to speak up. Kyle rolled his eyes, despite what he had seen, Kyle still thought Mason was being paranoid. Although when he showed some genuine fear, Kyle sighed, he hoped nobody would get hurt. The car went silent again, and as they sun started to touch the horizon, Kyle fell asleep. It wasn't a good nap, but it certainly helped him take his mind off things, just for a bit.

Once the sun had set, they had stopped. Kyle opened his eyes slowly, recognizing the house as Eli's. His hair drooped over his face as he looked about.​