♦Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry♦

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Mason looked over his shoulder to Eli with an unimpressed face. He should have predicted this, Eli really had no concept of peoples limits. But Mason had lived with it for a while, he'd continue resisting. He leaned forward, stretching his shirtless torso forward. "Sure, I'll see what I got." He grumbled as he stood up, giving another stretch. To keep his body in shape, Mason did a couple of sit ups, then push ups. If only deadwood had an actual gym, Mason preferred his home over the high school's training room.

Once he had finished his little work out, Mason turned to his little closet. Eli was much slimmer than he was, so anything he owned was way bigger on him. But that worked for the both of them; Mason liked tight fits and Eli liked to be baggy. Without a word, Mason fished out a band tee and chucked it at Eli, along with some of his black boxers and a pair of cargo shorts. "There you go." He looked for his own outfit, less likely to match it up. The memory of Taylor came back to him as he sifted through his disorganized clothes. "Do you think they'll let us see her? I can ask my dad to take us up there." He wondered, picking out a tank top with Marilyn Mason's face printed on it. He found a cap at the bottom of the pile and put it on his head. "If not, maybe we can catch the bus." He cringed. The bus didn't have a regular schedule to deadwood. Sometimes the driver didn't even turn up, so it was sketchy at least.

He finally found a pair of shredded jeans on the floor and decided to add them to his outfit. Once dressed, Mason sat in front of his mirror on the floor and picked up a brush. "I'm gonna go blond again I think..." He half mumbled as he messed with the pink in his hair.

-
He felt a little pat, which made him sigh. He wasn't getting back to sleep until the night hit again. When Dean spoke to him, Kyle slowly recognized he was pretty snuggled up on his lap. Not wanting to make anything awkward, he just sat up slowly, wrapping the blanket around his shoulders. His floppy hair was draped over his face, his eyes seriously drooping. "I'm awake now.." He mumbled, sliding down his chair a little.

Once Dean mentioned his sleep, Kyle sighed. "I didn't wake you did I?" Kyle looked up at him, he knew he had little control over how his body reacted to his environment, but it was mostly the dreams that kept him moving. "Sorry, when do you think we'll get some news about her?" Kyle asked, knowing Dean won't know the answer. He shuffled about in his seat, his neck and back feeling sore. Kyle stood up to stretch, keeping the blanket with him as he yawned. "I need to pee, I'll be back." Kyle looked at Dean, who looked as equally as tired as he was, giving him a smile.

Kyle decided to make his way out of the waiting room, hoping to find the bathroom by himself. He wandered into the ward, trudging around the corridors. It took him a few minutes, but he found the bathroom pretty easy. Once he was in there, he got a glimpse of himself in the mirror. "Aw, Jeez." Kyle made a face; his hair was in his eyes, blanket around his shoulders like a cape and he was still wearing his pajama shirt. What a mess. He tried to figure out his hair, but it was so obviously refusing to look nice. Kyle couldn't wait to get home to shower, and hopefully look a bit better than he did at that moment.​

Last edited:
"Show off."
Eli huffed from where he had propped his chin in the palm of his hand, his bright blue eyes bobbing as he watched Mason go through his morning ritual. It was no secret that Mason had the nicest body pretty much ever- Eli was always torn between wishing he had it or just wanting to press his face in between his pecs. In a strict friend sense, of course. Just a dude daydreaming about motor boating his best friend. No big deal.

He watched curiously when Mason moved to the closet, trying to peer around him and Elijah's nose immediately crinkled as a pair of cargo shorts landed next to him. Beggars couldn't be choosers, but that didn't mean he wouldn't complain about it. "Man, you couldn't give me some jeans?" He sighed, his shoulders sagging before forcing himself to get off of the bed to begin dressing. Everything was too big: just the way he liked it. He had always been secretly self conscious about his lanky build, but he also never did anything to remedy it. So instead he just wore lots of clothes and hoped it made him look bigger than he actually was. These cargo shorts were doing nothing for his skinny calf muscles.

He popped his messy bed head through the shirt, catching a glimpse of himself in a dusty mirror hanging on the wall. He looked like total shit. He grumbled lowly to himself, running his hands over his face dramatically before grabbing for his glasses he had luckily put on the nightstand despite his tired stupor. At least the shirt looked decent- maybe he'd accidentally forget to return it like a lot of other shirts Mason had lent him.

"They better. I'm seeing her even if I have to force my way in," Eli said as he looked over to him through the reflection of the mirror. He tilted his head to the side as though he was imagining him with blond hair. "Sure- anything but dark hair. I've already claimed the dark and mysterious trope," he gave him his usual cheeky smirk. While he was hardly dark and mysterious in reality, he was pretty good at acting the part when they were performing in front of people. It was also his usual go-to when he was trying to get in someone's pants at parties. It had an incredible success rate of about 70%.

"Got anything to eat around here?" His stomach gave a low gurgle at the idea.

------

Dean felt his heart sink a bit when Kyle sat up, but he couldn't help but smile softly at how adorably tired he looked all wrapped up in the scratchy hospital blanket. He gave a reassuring shake of his head at the concern in Kyle's voice. "Nah- I was already awake. I'm going to crash hard once we get out of here." He had already called out of work for the next couple days and it was getting increasingly difficult to not just lay down on the bench for a while. "I was hoping this morning," he sighed gently at the words, nodding silently when Kyle stood to leave.

While he was gone Dean decided to grab them some food from the small cafe. Browsing at everything beneath the heat lamps, none of it looked mildly appetizing, but he managed to get a couple egg biscuits and fruit that didn't look totally awful. When he returned there was a woman standing in the waiting room with hair that looked just like Taylor's, with the exception that her's was much shorter and a bit more well kept.

"Ms. Griswald?" He said and she immediately turned around and hugged him, leaving him standing there awkwardly with his arms lifted as he tried to avoid getting grease from the paper bags in his hands on her shirt.

"I thought you had left," she started, pulling away and looking around. "I'm sorry it took so long. You are an angel for staying." Dean awkwardly scratched his head and gave a quick glance around for any sign of Kyle.

"We've been really worried about her. How is she doing?"

"She's...better. She is finally a bit more coherent this morning," there was a gentle hopefulness in her voice. "I never got to thank you boys...for finding her. I can't bare the thought of her still being out there if you hadn't gone into those woods." Dean shook his head, not willing to accept such gratitude for what any friend should have done. "But, the doctors did say she could have visitors, as long as you are quiet. She gets overwhelmed easily.."

With a brush, Mason tried to style it into something presentable. He smirked at Eli's reply, "Whatever man." He shook his head. The way Eli played this secretive character always made the girls swoon. Mason was too lazy to play any aspect of himself up, most of the female attention his got was from performing shirtless. His hair wasn't co-operating. Good thing he had the hat. Mason stuck it on backwards, just a few strands of pink hair sticking out.

"Yeah.. Food." Mason grumbled too, realizing his stomach was also aching. His dad only ever bought things from the convenience store when he passed it, and Mason only bought the stuff he needed from work. He stood up and shrugged, "Whatever dad bought yesterday." He yawned, stretching out again, "I'm gonna bug my dad, I'll be back." Mason lazily trudged down the stairs.

His dad was leaning over his cup of coffee, probably waiting to see what Mason wanted. "Hey, can you take me and Eli to the hospital? Taylor is there." He asked as he looked through the kitchen. There really wasn't much, but he managed to find a box of kids cereal. His dad sighed, "C'mon dad, Taylor was real freaked out last night, I wanna make sure she's okay." His dad couldn't exactly refuse. Mason opened up the cereal box and stuck his hand in. Last time he checked the milk was off so he'd stay away from that. Once he had convinced John to take them, Mason grabbed a couple of candy bars that were left in the fridge and took it up to Eli.

"Alright, my dad is taking us in ten minutes." Mason chucked the candy bars at Eli as he munched on the colourful cereal. Even he wondered how he kept his body in such good shape with the diet he had.

-
Once he was done in the bathroom, the hospital was coming alive just a little more. It was the smallest hospital in the state, it still being far from the city centre. So it was unusual to see more than three people at once. He kept his head down as he made his way back to the waiting room. He thought about food, which he did often. It attributed to his squishy body which he disliked. But still, he loved food more than he wanted to be fit. He passed two vending machines, wishing he had money on him. He considered asking Dean, but he spotted Taylor being wheeled past by her dad.

Kyle's eyes widened. He speed walked down the corridor to see him pushing her back into her room. Kyle didn't see anybody stopping him, so he decided to take a leap. He looked behind him as he shuffled towards the room, his hand now gripping the crystal around his neck. Kyle poked his head through the glass in the door, making sure she wasn't still manic. She was the opposite; tired and beaten down. But the look on her face when she saw him was what Kyle had really needed. She gave him a smile. Kyle opened the door slowly, "Hey Tay, Mr. Griswald. How are you doing?" He asked as he cautiously made his way to his side. Her dad smiled, he looked as tired as she did. "It's nice to see you Kyle, me and Taylor's mother really need to thank you boys for helping Taylor last night." He smiled, "Speaking of, I need to go find her, she has my car keys." Mr. Griswald excused himself, leaving the chair.

Once he waved goodbye, Kyle sat down on his chair, looking at Taylor, who was smiling still. "Kyle..." She managed to whisper, her voice obviously sore from all the screaming. "I'm so glad you're okay Tay!" Kyle reached out for her limp hand, gripping it tightly. She nodded before looking through the door. Kyle wondered if anyone was there, but no. He looked back at her, "What's up Tay?" He asked, "Kyle. Please don't leave me alone. I see them at night." Taylor croaked. Kyle felt this aura of pain and fear. He frowned, "Taylor? Who?" He asked, now concerned for his friend. She had said something strange the night before and Kyle couldn't shake it. Seeing her like this was even worse. She swallowed, "The things, they exist..."​

Last edited:
While Mason was gone Eli had taken to nosing around his room, looking at various dusty knick knacks and casually looking through his cloths in hopes he might find a decent pair of jeans he could throw on in favor of the cargo shorts he was currently wearing. It was a shame his pajama pants from the night before had practically been torn to shreds from their forest adventure- they had been his favorite pair. As he looked about he tried to listen in one the muffled conversation he could hear from the kitchen, but was unsuccessful.

At the sound of the creaky door opening, he straightened up as if he hadn't just been fumbling through his belongings. When the candy was thrown his way Eli reached for them similarly to a starving animal, only managing to catch one in the air and the other smacking him in the chest. He wasted no time in ripping the wrapper down and taking a hefty bite. His eyes fluttered at the rich caramel and peanuts mixed with the chocolate coating. Bliss.

"Next sleepover's gonna be at my place. I've actually got food." He grinned before taking another bite. Eli luckily managed to make a decent amount many thanks to his under the table dealing, and he also often had a horrible case of the munchies as a side effect of his bad habits. This thought reminded him of just how messed up he had been the previous night, which was harshly sobering. He suddenly went quiet as he thought over the events and selfishly focused on his own actions and how much he secretly despised himself for it. And then he remembered the look Dean had given him.

"Do you think I'm a fuck up?" Eli asked while reaching down to pick up the second candy bar. He immediately regretted the question and chuckled nonchalantly. He grinned, feeling the craving for a cigarette coming on. "I think I'm gonna head outside for a smoke before we leave. Wanna meet me out back when your dad is ready?" With that he dipped out of the room once he grabbed his pack from the nightstand, trying to avoid the potentially awkward situation his question could have stirred.

------

Dean had finally managed to finish up small talk with Taylor's mom when Mr. Griswald showed up. They had exchanged only a handful of words before they realized just how restless he was getting standing there, especially since Kyle hadn't come back. When he had been released it took everything within him not to dash out of the waiting room, but he managed to keep his cool as he strode down the sterile hallway beneath flickering florescent lighting.

Room 237

When we peered inside he saw just where Kyle had disappeared to and it looked as though they were having a conversation. His tired expression brightened when Taylor looked up at hm, looking so much more like herself and having some semblance of the recognizable twinkle in her eye. "Taylor- hey, how are you feeling?" He had a warm smile as he came up beside Kyle, crouching beside the bed. In his desperation to check on her he had almost forgotten the food he'd bought in the cafe. "I brought you some breakfast," he looked to Kyle as he handed him one of the bags. "Hopefully it's edible. There wasn't much to choose from," he offered an apologetic grin.

Mason leaned against the doorframe as they ate. Eli didn't waste time devouring the candy bars. His statement made Mason chuckle, shoveling another mouthful in his mouth. It was true that Eli always had snacks in, usually because they went round to his to get high. But they spent more time out then at either house, mainly because they're houses were a mess, especially their rooms. When asked about if Eli was a fuck up, Mason looked up from his cereal box, not noting the seriousness in his voice. Eli covered that up with a grin, "Duh, which one of us isn't?" Mason asked. He didn't really care all too much, the town wasn't exactly the creator of success. "Sure." Mason moved out the way for Eli to push past.

-

The car ride was an easy one. Mason's dad was looking a tad cleaner in his uniform. It was lucky the factory wasn't too far from the hospital. Eli was forced to climb over the seat into the back, so Mason could sit in the front and control the radio. He turned the sound of Nirvana as loud as he could, nodding his head along violently. It was lucky that everyone in 'Into The System' liked the same music, Mason was always one to have control over the radio.

Once they arrived at the hospital, Mason thanked his dad and slid his seat forward to release Eli from the back. The weather was pretty humid, and very sunny. Mason was glad he had the hat on. Mason waved to his dad as his car carried on down the empty road. "Well, lets go find her. Do you think she's better now?" Mason asked, hoping that the hospital trip would be less traumatic than the night before.

Entering the building, Mason could tell it was still quiet. Inside, there wasn't even anyone behind the reception desk. Mason put his hands in his pockets and looked at Eli "Shall we just, look for her?"
-
"Hey, shh. You don't have to be afraid." Kyle gave her a smile, even though he was shitting himself deep down. He wondered what everyone else was thinking happened, because he still had a deep sense of danger coming from her. He saw in her face that she didn't feel safe, but at least Kyle being there was a little comforting. "You're safe with us." He instinctively gripped the necklace before sliding it off, "I always find this helps. I know it's not something you believe in-" Kyle started as he handed over the crystal, but was stopped mid sentence as Taylor quickly grabbed it. Kyle blinked. She was more like herself, but that was still so out of character.

It was nice when Dean entered, Taylor had a smile back on her face, and so did Kyle. He felt a little doe-eyed when Dean handed over the bag. Kyle just loved how caring and sweet he was. He always had such a warm aura. Kyle looked into the bag to see a crunchy looking cookie and a sandwich. It wasn't exactly good food, but Dean didn't suggest it was. Kyle quickly went for the cookie, nibbling on it as Dean crouched by. "Thank you." He whispered. Taylor nodded, her eyes staring at the food. "C-Can I have some?" Taylor asked, her mouth practically watering. Kyle looked at Dean, wondering if he got anything for her. He noted the 'no-eating' sign next to her bed, but she looked starved. Kyle wanted what was best for her, but that was hard when she looked so hungry.​

Last edited:
Elijah bobbed his head in time with the music behind Mason, although he was much more subtle about it as he looked thoughtfully out of the car window at the cycling scenery. His mind was a blur of thoughts and emotions until it all tangled into one confusing pile of shit which left him feeling frustrated. It was because of this very reason that he preferred to stay high all the time- feelings were overrated.

He got out of the car when they finally arrived, giving the hospital a once over. "This place always gives me the creeps," Eli muttered as they hovered before wandering in. Maybe it was how pale and lifeless everything looked, but he had never been a fan. It would be just their luck that no one would be at the front desk and a quick glance to the waiting room proved fruitless as well. "This is Taylor, man. She's gotta be," Eli mustered a reassuring grin as he ran a hand through his hair. "I'm sure as hell not waiting around for someone to show up. Maybe we'll run into someone in the halls'."

He led the way toward the first empty hall, the lighting doing nothing but worsening his pounding head and hurting his sensitive eyesight. Stressing his ears in hopes of hearing familiar voices, he peered into each room nosily as they passed. In his distracted state he'd almost bumped into a man that seemed to appear out of thin air in front of him. He had on a hospital gown and was attached to the IV he held onto at his side, eyes blank as he looked forward. While his head did not move, his eyes continued to follow the two as they maneuvered around him.

"That was...royally freaky..." Elijah felt a shiver prickle over his arms as he glanced over to Mason. That is not what he meant when he mentioned running into someone.

-----

"Couldn't have you going hungry," He smiled warmly to Kyle before turning back to Taylor who he noticed was staring quite intensely at the food. "I don't know, Tay..." Dean followed Kyle's gaze to the sign that read in bright letters to not feed her anything. His heart wrenched as he began the inner struggle of wanting to help his friend, but also follow instruction. Admittedly, he had always been a bit of a goody two shoes. "Maybe I can go find someone and see if they have something you can eat? Let them know you're hungry?" He offered, hoping this might be a good compromise for his conscience. The last thing he wanted was to interfere with her medications in some way and cause her distress.

Taylor's expression almost immediately faltered at Dean's suggested idea and as if on queue a nurse walked into the room while shuffling through papers on a clipboard. She looked up, rather surprised to see the Dean and Kyle as her bedside.

"Oh, you must be friends?" She asked, her voice a little too sweet. "I'm just here to check on Miss Taylor," her voice was muffled as her back faced them while she looked over the various machines by her bed.

"She's really hungry. Is there any way she could have something to eat?"

"No, I'm afraid not. The doctor is still running some tests," the nurse turned over her shoulder to eye the brown bags suspiciously. "She will be able to eat at lunch time."

The hospital was pretty silent. Mason could hear the sounds of metal and voices in the distance. But the hospital was small enough, if they wanted to find her, it wouldn't take long. When Eli suggested they just go searching, Mason shrugged. It wasn't going to be hard, surely.

He followed Eli down the corridor, the fluorescent lights flickering. Yeah, this place was not fun. Mason was hoping that Taylor was good to go now. I mean, she had no serious damage right? How long could they keep her for?

When Eli bumped into the old man, Mason watched his blank face stare into them. Mason quickly looked away and walked quicker. When Eli commented on it, Mason nodded, "Yeah, I fucking hate hospitals." Mason muttered, keeping his head down before he spotted someone who looked like a nurse. Mason looked at Eli before stopping her as she came out of a room.

"Hey there, we're looking for Taylor Griswald? There was no receptionist." Mason put his hands in his pockets. The nurse looked at them inquisitively. "Well, you boys stay there and I'll go check on one of the computers." She gave them a smile before she headed up the corridor. Mason sighed, popping his hands into his pockets. He was really craving a cigarette now. It only took the nurse a minute or two to pop back round the corner, "Sorry boys, I checked list, nobody under that name has been registered." She seemed to have a genuinely confused look on her face. Mason did too, he doubted himself for a moment. "No, she's definitely here, the ambulance brought her last night."

-
It was depressing to see Taylor's face fall sad again, after all the two just did to make her happy. He wondered how long it had been since she had eaten, at least since last night but he could tell it was a bit longer than that. It seemed cruel to eat in front of her, so he slowly lowered the cookie from his mouth, despite how much he wanted to keep eating. When Dean suggested to find someone, Kyle nodded. And if like magic, a nurse opened the door.

She looked old, like she had been there her entire life. And she looked miserable, despite the chirpy voice she was so clearly forcing. Taylor eyed the nurse suspiciously. It seemed she really was scared of strangers being near her. He really wanted to know who had done this to her. Kyle swallowed as he spoke up. "So uh, have the police been over yet to find out who did this to her?" Kyle looked over to the nurse, who immediately turned around. "No. Miss Taylor and her family had decided it's best not to just yet." She gave a fake smile beofre turning around to keep playing with the machines. Kyle frowned as he looked at Taylor, she looked at him with very sad eyes.

Kyle knew Taylor, if a man had hurt her, she'd be out there with the police herself to catch the bastard. How could she not want to press charges? "Taylor?" Kyle looked at her, almost as if he was disappointed. She looked down at her fingers, picking at the skin. Kyle gave it a second thought, maybe she couldn't press charges because it wasn't just a man. Kyle swallowed, somehow that was a much scarier thought.​

"What do you mean you can't find her in the system? We were right there when the medics got her and drove off in the ambulance." Eli could feel his tone rising alongside his frustration as he stared the nurse down in his stubborn refusal to accept what she had just said. "This is the only hospital she would have gone to." If there was one thing Elijah was not, it was patient and nothing made him more frustrated then when he felt like he was being led astray.

Elijah could feel the nurse boring holes into him and he knew she was looking at his obviously bloodshot eyes. Sure he had been high, but there was no way he had made everything about last night up in his mind- he was hardly creative enough for that shit. Before she could even think to make a comment on what he knew she was thinking about, he took hold of Mason's arm and began to lead him away. "We'll find her ourselves." He said simply as he continued to put distance between them.

"I don't know who runs this joint, but whoever it is needs to get their shit together," Eli grumbled to himself followed by a string of inaudible curses. It took him a moment, but he finally realized he was still holding onto his friend's meaty bicep and quickly let go, shoving his hands into his pockets. "If we get lost in these creepy halls we're goners- the druggies are always the first to go." There was a playful sneer in his voice, but he was also being very serious. Sure this hospital was small but the halls were turning out to be uncomfortably maze-like.

-------

Everything about this situation had been out of character. Even though she was very capable of taking care of herself, she was smart and wild never wander somewhere without at least telling her parents about her whereabouts or where she intended to go. He had never seen her so distraught and what they witnessed last night wasn't their Taylor. And now this nurse was telling them that they didn't want to pursue whoever did this to her- which Dean did not buy for a second. His dark eyes watched the nurse cautiously as she concluded her check in and bit them goodbye.

"Taylor. You can talk to us. Who did this to you?" He asked softly, reaching over to place his hand on top of Kyle's where he grasped her bruised hand. "We've been worried sick about you." He paused as he gave his hand a squeeze for emphasis. "Nothing else is going to happen to you. We'll make sure of it." Dean gave an uneasy glance to Kyle whose eyes echoed his own worry as he looked over at her.

"We want to help you." He searched her expression and it appeared like she was thinking things over, as though she was torn on whether to trust his promise or not.

"You won't leave me?" She finally asked softly. Dean maintained a reassuring expression as he shook his head.

"'course not. We're not going anywhere."

Mason knew Eli wouldn't hold on to listen to the nurses bumbling excuses, he could see the suspicion in her eyes as she looked at his. They probably smelt like druggies too. Mason wanted to give her a bit more of an interrogation, but Eli's patience gave way. He took Mason by the arm and tugged him away. "I guess we have to then." Mason huffed, he didn't really wanna wander the halls by himself, but there was no point just asking about if the staff were useless.

When they stopped, Mason tugged his arm away, Eli quickly retracted his hands into his pockets. Mason enjoyed his personal space but Eli didn't mind. Although he could tell Eli wasn't feeling extremely jokey now that they were stuck inside the dingy hospital. "No way man, you're going first because I'm the jock archetype, duh." Mason grinned at Eli as he flexed his pecs under the loose tank top.

The more they walked, the harder it was to navigate. Mason was sure they'd been walking down the same corridor for hours, in reality it had only been a couple of minutes. "Jesus, this is freaky dude." Mason slowed down when they reached a junction in the corridors. He watched a bed appear in front of them, a young man pushed it across the hall. An old man was buried in all the blankets, but his head poked above them all. His beady eyes shot towards Mason and Eli, his body looking like nothing more than a skeleton. Mason waited for the bed to disappear away before turning to Eli with a disgusted face, "As if, he looked like a corpse with eyes."

-
Kyle glared at the nurse who gave him a fake smile as she left the room. Once she was gone, he shot Dean a worried look. If somebody had threatened Taylor, Kyle wanted to do something about it. He wasn't prepared to watch her like this, with whoever did this to her living without consequence. He looked at Dean as his hand was placed on top of theirs. The two of them carefully held Taylor's hand, who was looking so worried. Kyle felt like he could cry.

He nodded along to everything Dean promised, but he could still see the suspicion in her eyes. When she asked, Kyle also chimed in, "Nobody is going to be able to drag me away from you Tay." He gave her a sweet smile, able to gain a small smile back. It didn't last long. She looked horrifically depressed, like she couldn't keep the darkness out of her eyes. "Tay, I promise we can help." He said, but she shook her head, tears bubbling in her eyes. Kyle gave a panicked look to Dean, wondering why this had been brought on. "We can help, what can we do to help?" Kyle asked, trying not to sound panicked.

Taylor sniffed, quickly pulling her hand away to wipe her eyes, "Nobody will believe me.." He mumbled. Kyle looked at Dean. Now he was seriously worried. "I can stay here and listen to everything you have to say. I promise we believe you." He wondered what she meant. Although, he had a very big suspicion that even he wasn't sure about yet.​

Last edited:
"Ew, gross,"
Eli chuckled, giving Mason's arm a playful punch at his muscle flexing. "Fuck off with that shit." However in reality, he wouldn't mind if Mason did it again. He would welcome any sort of distraction from the current predicament they found themselves in as they aimlessly wandered the dimly lit halls. Luckily there weren't many other patients wandering around, but that hardly made the eerie air that surrounded them less noticeable.

Elijah moved out of the way as a bed was pushed hastily past them that, of course, harbored another creepy ass dude. If he didn't have his dignity to maintain he may have crawled his way into Mason's arms. "Fuck if I ever end up in this shithole, dude." He rubbed his arms in a battle against the goosebumps that prickled along his pale skin. Absentmindedly he began to gravitate toward Mason, walking closely alongside him as his steps gre more caution.

"Wait-" he suddenly stopped, placing a hand against Mason's chest as he listened. He thought he had heard familiar voices coming from a room nearby and after a few seconds an unmistakable baritone could be heard from the thin walls. It could be easily confirmed it as Dean's- it was impossible to mistake the man's distinct voice. "Dean." He motioned to the room a few numbers down. With a few quick steps and a peek through the doorway it seemed they had finally found who they were looking for.

-----
Dean remained silent as Kyle tried his hand at reasoning with her, but was only as successful as himself. He ran his free through the messy dreadlocks that sprouted at the top of his head, trying desperately to think of something he might be able to say that would reassure her enough to tell them.

"Tay- we live in Deadwood. There's nothing you can tell us we wouldn't believe. Weird crap is kind of the norm here." This somehow elicited a small smile from her, but it quickly faded as she looked at their group of hands.

"I was...walking home from class," she began, obviously struggling to get the words out to recall what had happened to her. "Weird sounds...a bright light," a few tears began to trickle down her cheek and Dean reached up to wipe them away in reassurance. "They were everywhere, just staring at me. Everything is real- they are real." Her sobs were gradually becoming more desperate.Despite all of his suspicion, he still hadn't expected what she said next. "Aliens...I can still hear them...see them..." Taylor wheezed and all of the words from there sounded almost like a foreign language.

In a desperate attempt to comfort her, Dean got up and sat beside her on the bed, allowing her to lean against him. He looked to Kyle, not knowing at all what to think or say. Anyone who knew Taylor knew there was no bigger skeptic of the supernatural and she could find a way to pop holes in any theory with quick witted logic.

Mason agreed. He was the morbid one who said he'd die before 40, if he even made it til then. He treated it as a joke, but nobody seemed to find it funny. Although, he didn't want to end up like a living corpse, kept alive by medicine. He wanted to die in his prime. Before he could actually mention any of that to Eli, his friend shushed him. Mason could hear what Eli was listening to, Dean's voice. It was deep and you could practically feel the bass shaking the floor. Eli confirmed it too, Mason nodded. The two headed towards the long line of doors.

Mason poked his head through the glass to see an old women, nope. The next room wasn't promising either, just an empty bed. Then the third brought what they were looking for. Mason's heart sunk as he saw Taylor, crying against Dean's arm. He was just glad to see she was alive, but she didn't look happy about it. Mason opened the door quickly in his excitement. It made Taylor jump.

"Oh Thank God, you're okay." Taylor looked at him with a sad look, although there was a small smile forming on her lips as she spotted Eli too. "We came as fast as dad could drive us." Mason smiled before walking up to Dean, "What's the diagnosis, do we know what happened?" Mason looked at his face. Something wasn't right. Kyle always looked a little worried, so that wasn't concerning. It was the look of confusion on Dean's that made Mason frown, "What's up?"

-
Dean's reply made Kyle smile. Deadwood was no stranger to urban legends and myths. Nothing ever worked right, sometimes Deadwood didn't appear on some maps. So if Taylor was worried about sounding far-fetched, it was the right place to do it. Although nothing could prepare Kyle for what Taylor would say. He knew she had been taken, he had such a deep sense of dread when she spoke, like they were little fish in a big pond all of a sudden. He looked at Dean with wide eyes. Taylor began to sob again, so Dean climbed on close with her. Which seemed to calm her a slight amount.

Kyle sat motionless as he processed what she just said. Taylor never believed in God, let alone aliens. She refused to even hear Mason out about his UFO stories. And here she was, crying about being abducted. He couldn't think of anything to say, until Mason and Eli appeared. He sighed out, somehow feeling relieved they were all together again. He'd hate to see anything happen to those two. "I, I don't know..." Kyle replied to Mason's questions. They didn't know anything at the moment. Kyle looked at Taylor, there was a chance she was high off morphine and was talking nonsense, a theory that sounded like something Eli would suggest. Yet, when he looked into her eyes, he could see real fear. And Kyle wasn't ready dismiss her fears.​

Last edited:
"There's my girl,"
Eli grinned as he came in behind Mason, trying his best to keep his voice on the quieter end. He had never felt anything quite as painful as seeing her like this. Despite all of it, he believed the best remedy to anything was a smile and there was none quite like Taylor's. "So tell me, whose ass do we need to hunt down?" He grinned, propping his chin in his palm at the edge of the bed, looking over at her. There was a weak giggle at that as she sat up from leaning against Dean, wiping her eyes. Sure it got a laugh from her, but he was very serious on that note. He'd beat the guy to shit whenever they found him.

Dean was weary to say anything to Eli and Mason as far as what Taylor had just told them, at least while in front of her. He didn't want either of them, specifically Eli, accidentally saying something that implied they didn't believe her. The last thing he wanted to do was threaten her trust in confiding with them. "I'm going to have a quick chat with Mason. Kyle and Eli will stay here with you, okay?" Dean reached over to give her hand that was still wrapped around his bicep a squeeze. She nodded gently, watching as he stood and looking over at Mason before turning back to Eli and Kyle.

"I was starting to think you and Mason wouldn't show up." Eli blew dramatic raspberries at the suggestion, swiping the air at his face as a dismissal of the thought.

"That's the biggest load of shit I've ever heard," he grinned cheekily while giving Kyle a subtle reassuring nudge with his shoulder. The guy looked like he might throw up with the way his face was all twisted up with worry. "Relax, dude. Let the big guys take care of it."

"Thank you...for..everything." Taylor said softly, sinking into the hospital sheets and turning onto her side to face them."The only thing that could make things better is some food," she smiled weakly at that.

-----

"I don't even know where to start."
Dean said as he led Mason toward the hallway outside of the room to keep Taylor out of earshot. He rubbed his arms from the uncomfortable chill that had surrounded him after what Taylor had said. "She's...better from last night but I don't know what to think," what she had said was very clear but he had no idea how to even begin wording what she had said without sounding like a crazy person himself.

He gave a glance back at her from small sliver he could still see into he room. He sighed with defeat, beginning to pace while rubbing his hands over his face and through his hair. "She's claiming aliens, man," he finally managed to get out. The words made his stomach do somersaults from the feeling of them on his tongue. "Taylor of all people- she would never even suggest such a thing...I feel like I have to believe her." He had already been low key suspicious, however facing the reality of that actually being a possibility was not something he was ready for yet.

Mason looked up when Dean mentioned his name. He looked at Eli with a raised eyebrow. When Dean had to give them a talk, he spoke to the both of them like they were immature twins. So now he was concerned. He gave Taylor a smile before following Dean out of the room. "What's going on man, this is freaky." He frowned a little as they got further away from the rooms. It wasn't usual to see that look on Dean's face. Kyle? Sure, the dude always looked psyched out, not Dean.

Mason leaned against the door as Dean paced, "Spit it out man, you're bugging me out here." Mason looked concerned. Although he wasn't quite sure what Dean said at first. He frowned then opened his mouth. Aliens? Taylor would never. Even Dean knew that. "Are you sure?" Usually Mason would jump at the chance to talk about it, anybody but Taylor could say it and he'd believe them. "Is it the drugs? Maybe she's psyched out.." Mason didn't sound sure. He knew what Eli was like when he got drugged up, the two of them were a mess. This was different. This felt real.

"Well, I wasn't gonna say anything.." Mason peaked around Dean's arm to see the three of them smiling, "Last night, I saw a UFO. I know, I always do-" He forced out a laugh, but he definitely was feeling serious, "It was real man, it was right above where Kyle's is then it zipped up into the sky." Mason put his hands into his pockets as he sighed out. It was becoming a little too real now. "Nobody's gonna believe that.. What is she telling the police?"

-
Kyle was worried Taylor would start talking about aliens again when Eli asked. Mason would eat it up but Eli would roll his eyes and dismiss her worries. That was the last thing she deserved right now. Luckily Dean took Mason out of the room, probably to discuss what Taylor said minutes before. It was a good plan, Kyle smiled at the both of them as they left the room. Eli would hear about it eventually, but by then, hopefully Taylor would be out of earshot before he could insult it.

Kyle felt himself staring into space. His mind was racing over a thousand different ideas. He had heard from Mason what happens to women during abductions, non were pleasant. He was only brought out of his zone when Eli bumped him. He looked over at Eli's smug face, he smiled back, "Yeah alright, forgive me for being a little freaked out man." He pulled a face at Eli. He was always poking fun at Kyle, it was a good thing he had a sense of humour, "Where have you been? No offense but that outfit.." Kyle looked down at the cargo shorts. They definitely didn't belong to Eli. He heard Taylor giggle a little. To his joy, she found that funny. "Yeah, Eli. Not very you.." She hushed. It was amazing to see her act a tiny bit more like herself. Of course she still looked solemn, but she jumped at the chance to poke fun at everyones fashion. Thank God she hadn't noticed his pajama shirt, yet.​

Last edited:
"It's not the meds."
Whatever it was that had been done to her, she fully believed it. It was possibly she could have been kidnapped and drugged with something that caused hallucinations. His mind was being pulled in a million different directions and he could feel a killer headache threatening to start in the back of his head.

"I don't think she's told them anything," he sighed with a cautionary glance back into the room before turning back to Mason. He doubted she even said anything to her parents with how difficult it had been for him and Kyle to get anything out of her. "We basically had to prod her. She didn't want to tell us anything...said we wouldn't believe her." If it had been anyone else, he likely wouldn't have.

His dark eyes watched Mason as he began to talk about seeing a flying saucer- not an uncommon story for the man. He'd heard it many times before. "I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I don't want know what information to trust. Not yet." He put a single hand into the bright pocket of his obnoxiously patterned track pants. "There's something going on here. The nurses- something's off. I don't know what it is but I need more evidence." The tests they were apparently doing on her was suspicious to him on top of how weird the one woman was acting when she had come in.

"All I ask is don't say anything about it to Eli in front of her. I don't want him opening his big mouth and upsetting her. It was hard enough getting her to tell us that much." Dean rested his fingers against his chin thought, noting that it sounded like she had calmed down in there. Even though the boy and his horrible choices irked Dean to no end, Eli wasn't useless.

-----

"Mason's dad took years to get ready. But we made it didn't we?" Eli gave a limp shrug of his bony shoulders. And of course things circled back to the fucking awful cargo shorts. "Don't look at me- blame it on Mason's horrible taste in clothes,"
he sneered with a chuckle. Normally a jab at his clothes would not be appreciated, but at this point he would do just about anything to make Taylor feel better- even if it needed to be at his expense. In all honesty, he had completely forgotten about the awful outfit he was currently wearing many thanks to navigating the creepy halls of the hospital. It didn't even look like something Mason would wear, probably likely that it was all clothes he had long grown out of. That was the only plausible reason to why they fit Eli without falling off every five seconds. He'd give him the benefit of the doubt, anyway. "You're one to talk in that pajama shirt," he grinned over at Kyle rather cheekily. Taylor laughed at that as well.

He paused and gave a glance toward the wall near her bed, noticing the obvious sign detailing that she not eat anything. Good thing Eli didn't give a shit. "If you want food, sweetheart, I'm your man. How about I go grab you something?" He asked as he turned his bright blue gaze back toward her. "When was the last time you even ate?" Now that he was looking at her closely, her eyes were dark and sunken in, a look he was very familiar with when he went a little too high in his dosage and forgot to eat.

"I...don't remember," her voice was growing distant again and he would instantly blame that on an empty stomach. The last thing he wanted to do was go out into the hospital alone- but then he spotted the bag sitting on the ground next to Kyle. Eli hummed as he picked it up, looking in to see some subpar, stereotypical hospital food inside.

"There's a biscuit in here- want that?" She looked hopeful to be offered food, but hesitant as well.

"That's Dean's," she weakly motioned to the door with a finger where you could barely see his bright pants from around the corner.

"The big guy wouldn't mind if you ate his biscuit. I guarantee it."

It wasn't surprising that Dean was skeptical about his UFO spot. It was the usual reaction. Mason was sure in what he saw though. It was right there, and he was as sober as he had been in a while. Although, now wasn't the time to dispute it. He was more concerned about Taylor. And Eli. Mason nodded, pressing his lips together tightly. If Eli got wind of Taylor's alien theory, he'd tear it to shreds in seconds. Although, Eli saw the UFO too. Almost. "Yeah, she wouldn't say another thing if he started complaining about it." He sighed, he really didn't want that. Eli got into many arguments with them, the last thing he wanted was his best friend to piss anyone off.

He thought back to the nurses. It reminded him of how that nurse before didn't even know who she was. "Yeah dude-" Mason pointed at Dean before placing the finger on his own mouth, thinking about it, "We asked a nurse before and turns out Taylor isn't even registered as being here." Mason furrowed his brows, mulling it over. "Wait a minute.-" Mason had an idea. He had been in hospital enough times for broken bones and black eyes to know they always kept the notes on the end of the bed. He quickly disappeared into the room again. He saw the clipboard hanging from the bar at the end of Taylor's bed. Mason gave everyone a quick smile before hopping back to Dean.

"It should have her diagnosis on here.." Mason flipped to the sheet. It revealed something that wasn't right. It had her name, all her physical details. It looked normal, there was two medications listed. One for heyfever, then one he didn't expect to see there. With a brain full of drug usage, Mason could tell it was a sedative drug. Why would she need that? There wasn't even an actual diagnosis written down. Mason tilted his head, "This dosage is way too high, Jesus." Mason looked concerned as he flicked to the next page, just a page of medical history but there was something scribbled at the bottom. Mason squinted, "Do not... uh-" Mason was almost pressing his face against the page, "Do not contact police..? What the fuck?"

-

Kyle smirked, he found it hilarious that Eli was in Mason's clothes. Mason must have wanted a laugh, because even Kyle couldn't see Mason rocking the look. It was a miracle the clothes even stayed on his waist. He soon stopped smiling when Eli pointed out the pajama shirt. Kyle gave him the daggers and a pout, he knew it was a joke but Taylor was laughing. He'd do anything to hear her laugh, even if it was at his terrible fashion. He pushed his long hair out of his eyes as he also looked at the sign. He wanted to point out Taylor couldn't actually eat. Although, he saw how hopeful she looked, Kyle wasn't about to be the asshole to take that away from her. When Eli reached for Dean's bag, Kyle felt a tad bad. He was still starving, and Dean had eaten as much as him.

Kyle nibbled his lip when Taylor looked at him, as if she was looking for a second opinion. Eli was usually the guy who was the first to suggest the unethical, or illegal path, Kyle tried to reason with him about that. Even though this only was technically a cookie, not drugs, Kyle just shrugged, "I'm sure he wouldn't mind." Kyle gave her a smile, in which she smiled back, "Okay.." She said weakly. Kyle took the cookie from Eli's hand and handed it over to her. For a second, Mason appeared in the room. Kyle expected him to say something, so it was a bit odd to see him dart in and out to snitch the clipboard. Taylor didn't seem to notice too much, she was busy nibbling on the cookie.

The three of them were quiet for a second, until Taylor made a weird noise. Kyle looked at her, all the colour that was left in her face had left. "Tay?" Kyle sat up to watch her jerk, dropping the cookie into her lap. She turned away from the boys and violently threw up. Kyle recoiled in disgust at the noise. "Oh my God." Kyle felt like he was gonna throw up too. Taylor didn't seem to stop, as she wretched over the bed. "Help!" Kyle shouted at the top of his voice. This wasn't the reaction he was expecting from the cookie.​

Last edited:
He shook his head gently in acknowledgement, glad to hear that Mason had agreed with him on that aspect and understood the precaution he wanted to exercise around Eli. However, Dean's gaze immediately hardened at Mason's mention that Taylor hadn't been in the system. "You mean, they tried to tell you she wasn't here?" He asked, mild disbelief in his voice. Things were just gradually getting worse and the whole situation was making his head pulse.

Dean watched Mason with curiosity, looking into the room behind him and giving a casual wave and grin to the group in hopes to not worry them, or alert Taylor to their snooping. Luckily she looked like she was calmed down and she smiled weakly to him in response, unaware that Mason had just grabbed the clipboard at the foot of her bed. When Mason was out of the room, Dean closed to door- just as an extra measure of precaution. His thick eyebrows furrowed, gazing over Mason's shoulder as he flipped through the records. None of it made...any sense to him at all. The long, unnecessary names for drugs were enough to lose him fairly quickly.

"You recognize the names?" He asked, glancing toward Mason and then back to the papers. "Is that what they've got her so high on?" Dean pointed to the page at what looked to be her prescriptions, but no where could he find a diagnosis. Only general notes, such as the bruises on her arms and legs. "Wait...what?" When he heard Mason read the words, he took the board and held it up, just barely able to make out the words.

"Why would they write that?" In all honesty, it made him want to do the exact opposite immediately. However, the muffled sound of Kyle shouting distracted him from thinking on it much further.

"What's going on?"
He opened the door, Eli running up and grabbing his shoulders and looking up at him with an expression mixed with terror and looking like he might throw up.

"I fucked up! I gave her food!" While Dean was not a violent man, at all, he wanted to throttle Eli in that moment. However, he ignored the initial instinct and pushed him to the side, rushing to the bedside. Taylor was leaned over the edge, throwing up uncontrollably and the strong acidic smell almost made him wretch as well.

"Get a doctor- anyone!" Dean hurriedly waved his hand at the door for Eli and Mason to get going while furiously pushing the call button on the wall beside her bed.

Eli was running his hand through his hair and immediately began to pace, periodically gagging when he remembered the sounds of Taylor throwing up. "Why can't I do anything right?!" He growled at himself, working himself into a frenzy of self deprecation until he spotted a nurse at the end of the corridor beside what looked like a doctor. "Hey! We need help!" He waved to them, the two rushing past into the room.

Mason's head snapped up as he heard the commotion in the room. He impulsively ripped the page with the drugs on and crumpled it up into his pocket. He wanted the name so he could figure out exactly what sort of drug it was. He didn't have time to think about that as they jogged into the room. Mason was pretty desensitized to puke, but it still made him cringe. He saw Dean grab Eli, Mason knew it was probably going to be blamed on him. Typical really. Mason chucked the clipboard on the floor as he followed Eli out of the room. Taylor would be looked after by Dean and Kyle, Mason felt a duty to stop Eli from going off the rails again.

Mason pushed past the doctor and nurse who stormed into the room. "Eli, fuckin' calm down son!" Mason grabbed Eli's slim arms, shaking him a little. He knew Eli always got worked up about dumb stuff, Mason tried to keep him from getting too upset. He wanted to be in that room, but he didn't want to have him face anyones rage. "Listen, stop it." Mason let go of his arms, "It's not your fault, it's whatever drugs she's on made her do that." Mason frowned as he watched two other nurses run into the room. Surely the doctor and nurse was enough? Mason sighed, this was getting too scooby-doo for his liking.

"How about this, we go back to mine later and do a couple of lines eh?" Mason smiled, hoping it would be a good distractions, "I've still got a bag from that party last week." Mason was also feeling the need for something too. He had definitely been sober for too long.

-
Kyle was feeling really queasy. He barely could hold his own gag reflex when Dean turned up. Kyle knew how mad this would make Dean. When he grabbed a hold of Eli, Kyle leaned over to grip his wrist tightly, hoping he wouldn't get too mad. "She needs a doctor!" He called in the mist of panic. Taylor was still crying over the bed, wrenching whatever was left in her stomach up. Kyle cringed, he wanted to be out of this room as soon as he could. Dean shooed away Mason and Eli, who probably were better off away from all the chaos. Kyle mindlessly gripped onto Dean's wrist for comfort, feeling scared for Taylor.

The doctor who came in looked shocked, like this was unseen of. He picked up the clipboard that Mason had dropped on the floor and tried reading through it as the nurse tried to comfort her. Kyle watched the two of them carefully, hoping one would shed some light on what happened. The doctor was a young man, big black framed glasses on his face. He flicked through the notes, trying to make sense of the situation. "What happened?" He asked. Kyle looked at Dean, "She ate a cookie! We're sorry!" Kyle spluttered, but the doctor looked back at the notes, "How old was that cookie?" He didn't seem like he even had an idea of what to do.

He didn't have much chance, Kyle spotted the nurse who was doing Taylor's tests before. She barged through with another woman who looked almost identical to her. The doctor was pushed aside as she pulled out another long needle. "What is that for?" Kyle frowned at her as she stuck it into Taylor's arm, pressing the clear liquid into her skin. "Miss Taylor needs to be taken to a different ward." The nurse spoke in that sickly sweet voice again, giving the two boys a fake smile.​

Last edited:
Elijah was forced to look at Mason when he grabbed his shoulders, the sudden shaking helping jostle him from the loop he had begun to weave. His eyes were wide until he let him go, slowly coming to his senses as he looked down at his worn shoes. He tried to nod but it translated into more of a head lop. "I know, man," voice quiet, he jumped when he heard a heavy fist meet the wall nearby and the intimating tone of Dean losing his temper with whoever was in there.

"She's...so out of it. I was just trying to make things a little easier for her. She looks so sad, dude, and I thought the least I could do was just give her some food." He glanced up at Mason, knowing he hadn't even really had the chance to see her. A small smile curved at the corners of his mouth at his friend's suggestion. Sure the two gave each other hell, but Mason was the only person that really understood him and that he could trust to have his back.

"You have no idea how amazing that sounds." Come to think of it, a good old fashioned party to get fuck faced sounded like something he could really use right now. "I still have a couple numbers from that party I haven't cashed in yet," he chuckled. "Only if you're interested. But honestly, when was the last time you got laid, dude? With all that conspiracy talk n' shit."

------

Everything the doctor and nurses were saying was beginning to run together, making his head spin. And then he saw the familiar nurse pull out a large needle and stick into Taylor's arm as she was crying.

"No, no, no!" Dean had finally snapped, slamming his free fist into whatever was nearby, which was luckily just the drywall. It seemed to do the trick as everyone suddenly stopped to look at him. "You are not taking her anywhere!" He bore holes into the nurse that rubbed him in every wrong way possible from her fake smile to how she danced around every question they threw at her.

"You have no say-"

"Not until you explain to us what this is-" he motioned to the empty syringe in the nurses hand as he loomed above her. "You are not drugging her up anymore than you already have. Look what it's doing! She hasn't eaten. She's starving." His teeth were gritted and he could already see Taylor drooping into the mattress as the sedative entered her system.

"I will handle this. Sir, please come here." The doctor walked to the corner of the room, continuing to look through the clipboard as if that might provide answers for a solution. Dean's gaze remained rigid, only softening when he looked down at Kyle at his side. He was practically shaking like a leaf and Dean could only imagine what he must think of him right now, having seen him pushed to the brink and losing his temper completely. Normally so zen, it was alarming even to him when hearing himself speak like this. However, that seemed to have been the only way to make your voice heard around this place.

"Make sure they don't take her anywhere, okay?" He whispered down to him, giving the hand wrapped around his wrist a reassuring squeeze. "There's something not right about this place." Dean wanted desperately not to leave Kyle with such vague reasoning, but it would have to do for now until they had some time alone.

The thud made Mason jump. It wasn't usual to see Dean loose his temper, Mason relentlessly picked on him but he was always so calm and witty with his response. He was glad he wasn't whatever met his fist. He looked back at Eli, who had warmed up to the idea of snorting the lines. Mason grinned back, he was looking forward to it. It had been a couple of days and he really was missing the buzz he got. His put his hand into his pocket, feeling the paper in his hand. He looked up for Dean, when they got the chance, he wanted to find out what the drug was for.

Although when Eli mentioned getting laid, Mason narrowed his eyes, pouting. Although, it must have been a month or two since he did get laid. Mason barely remembered the night. "Hey fuck off, girls don't give a shit about what I say if I get shirtless." He grinned. Eli always got the girls. or guys, by his mysterious act. Mason was less subtle, he took his shirt off as soon as he was fucked and put his arm around whatever girl approached him first. "Alright, lets do that tonight, after this we deserve it." Mason gave Eli a nod. He was looking forward to it. They really had little filter when they got smoked, Mason was excited just to let go of reality for a night. He eyed the doctor when he left the room. The man looked just as confused as he felt.

-
Watching Taylor's face go from a sob to quickly another zombie state made Kyle's lip quiver. It smelt like vomit and the air was so cold. Kyle wanted just for everyone to go home and relax again. He missed the lot of them in Mason's garage, writing songs together. The thought was quickly snapped out of his brain when Dean's fist drove into the wall. Kyle couldn't help but grip his arm, "Dean, stop it!" He cried. Dean had never lost his temper in front of him, it was terrifying. He looked around at the nurses who were already undoing the breaks on Taylor's bed.

"I'm not leaving her!" Kyle sniffed. He bit the insides of his cheeks to stop the lump in his throat forming. He wanted to be strong for Taylor. Kyle quickly looked up to Dean, who had come down from the rage he had before. Kyle looked up at him, "Find out what's going on, please?" Kyle said to Dean, looking over at the doctor before back to him, "I'll stay with her I promise." Kyle gave Dean's hand another squeeze. It was hard to appreciate that in the mist of panic, but Kyle really wanted to hug him. He always found an excuse to get a hug or two, but after this, Kyle was going to need a full cuddle. He let go of his arm and gripped the metal bar on Taylor's bed. "I'm staying with you Taylor." He looked down at her droopy eyes, like she barely recognized him. The nurses smile faded as the doctor lead Dean out of the room. Kyle got her attention, "You can't keep moving her, she looks like she's gonna pass out again." Kyle tried to hold his ground as the nurses looked at each other, "Well, if you want to stay in the room she threw up in." Kyle saw the falter in her fake voice. Obviously she wasn't happy.​

"That's some bullshit and you know it."
Eli laughed, "with the girls you have to talk them up reallll nice. Make them think you have deep feelings." He talked like he was some kind of next level Casanova, but it was all just well trained shit talking. "Sure you can just sit there half naked and hope for the best, but not if you want the good ones." Eli grinned, however it immediately disappeared at the sight of Dean and the doctor passing. Luckily Dean looked like he had more or less regained his composure from the shouting they had heard earlier.

"Where do you think they're going?" Eli wondered aloud, watching as a couple other nurses came out of the room, obviously disgruntled about something. The elder of the two looked particularly peeved as she shoved an empty syringe into the pocket of her generic blue scrubs. He wandered over to the doorway, peering in to see another nurse, seemingly finished cleaning Taylor up, as she moved to mop up the ground beside the bed. Taylor looked like a rag doll as she slumped against the pillows, Kyle still beside her bed.

"They totally just drugged her. Look at her, man," he waved for Mason to come look while simultaneously looking over his shoulder to see the other nurses about to round the corner. "Let's follow them-" he had a sneaking suspicion they might have some valuable information.

------

"I'm going to do my best-"
and with that he reluctantly left Kyle's side to follow behind the doctor as he walked out of the room. He glanced to Mason and Eli as he passed, unsure of what else to do but motion to the doctor to let them know he was going with him. All of this was a lot to stomach, and with no time to regroup and gather their bearings as a team was making things extremely difficult.

And now that he was thinking about it...where was Taylor's parents?

"We'll just step into my office, over here," he was pulled from his thoughts as the doctor led him into another room, dimly lit with nothing but the blinking screens of bulky computer monitors in the corner. "I did not introduce myself, but I'm Dr. Vasquez." Dean only nodded before offering his name curtly in return. "From my brief understanding- you boys are the ones that found her in the woods?"

"Yes," he said simply, the doctor obviously hoping for a bit more than just a confirmation to his question as he sighed and leaned back in the leather chair. "She was...really messed up."

"I wanted to talk to you because she is not the only case we've had come in, we've actually had a few recently." He paused as he ruffled through some papers on his desk. "It's been difficult to figure out what exactly is going on as the patients all have shown miraculous recovery within a couple days after their disorientation before we can figure it out." Dean was now much more intrigued, walking over to his desk and eyeing the records.

"I cannot show these to you, but all of the patients showed the same symptoms including the bruising and disillusionment. I was hoping you might be able to help- tell me about the location and anything odd you may have seen or heard." Dean arched his eyebrow and he plopped into the chair on the other side of the desk.