The Zodiac Guilds Open World RPG

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh an underground city! I hadn't thought of that...I was leaning towards having a center circle with the guild territories surrounding it, but an underground city sounds much better!

The only example I can think of at the moment is this:

If Scorpio is about controlling commerce (trade/business), then it makes sense that their territory would primarily be markets, shopping centers and other types of money-making business. However then there is Virgo, who is all about analyzing knowledge, which brings to mind libraries and other repositories of knowledge. Does that mean that if a person wants to go shopping, they must go to the Scorpio territory and likewise if they wanted knowledge then they would have to go to Virgo? Is there any kind of...bleed over? (Bleedover being the slight mixing of two guild specialties?)

I think that would be easier since the whole over world is a three ring circle representing each Zodiac Coven. So the underground city will be the Neutral ground for all guilds to come and be themselves and for those who aren't affiliated with a guild yet. ^.^

I really appreciate your example and it helped me a lot to understand what you meant.
To be honest with you, I am not sure. I would feel more comfortable with the players opinions on that question. I am really undecided on that answer. I feel like that really depends on what exactly the guilds specializes in. Because I could see Virgo having shops to sell books and other knowledge tools, and maybe Scorpio would be like the "big Corporation" watching over the smaller businesses in the other guilds that don't specialize in trade/business. Like they create the business rules and all that upper mechanics of how businesses and trade work. But I want to hear what would be the most fun for you guys!

This reminds me of the syndicates from Warframe

I have never played that game but syndicates and guilds are one in the same. :P Were they detailed?

@WhisperingWillows That's what I was talking about ^.^ I didn't know how you saw the commerce being set up among the guild-lands, but I do now. I wonder what other options there are besides the one I mentioned in my example and what you described! It's so interesting!

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
The Celtic Zodiacs was the final thing to catch my interest, i'm in!

• Love
the first thing I'd like you to know is that it always expands. The Zodiac Deity of Aries blessed the world so that there were always new places to explore no matter where you go.
That brings up a lot of questions related to, well, space. If a world is ever expanding that means it's mass is essentially infinite. But with distance comes travel time. At some point, I imagine, you'd die of old age before reaching something unexplored. How do people travel and where and how much time do these things take?

Other questions would entail something like day and night, seasonal cycles, gravity, etc. Because well, those kinds of things tend to be pretty dependant on something staying the same (relative) size. How does that work? Or is it something that's better left to the realm of "it just does"? (which isn't bad, just want to be clear on that)

Another question becomes... Well, till what ends will people keep exploring? I imagine that by some time you will have all your resources and space ready to facilitate your population and then some. Why, besides for the heck of it or trying to hide from society, would people keep going? Assuming it's common knowledge the world is magically expanding, at least. Like, the Aries guild aims to keep exploring, but how can that sustain itself after a certain set time period by doing just that? I mean, there'd be more money in either claiming and selling discovered lands, researching them or providing guides to less worldly persons. The larger the supply of existing space and ground, the less relative demand there will be.

Which brings up the sustainability of some other guilds as well. Like, how would,
Monkey - To Cause Mischief with Jokes
Be a sustainable guild? It doesn't exactly have any kind of business plan from this description.

And well... How many of these guilds are actually relevant? Like, does the monkey guild have a god, but actually consists out of three little rascals and two bored teenagers, or is it an equal organisation to all others? At least, earlier it was suggested they all have ruling power. And not just relevant to the world, but to the story. I imagine it would be hell to work them all in in a meaningful way. I'd be unsure of how to do that myself.

A terrible lot of questions, I know, but well... I'm one of those awful people who want to know how a thing works before working with it >.>

• Love
It is really exciting to think about, and with the new WARP challenge, I think Zodiac Guilds might be a good contender!
I am glad you are interested Rauzi! I really wanted to find a Zodiac that was not as common, and Celtic is really interesting!

@Kestrel - Thanks for your responses~! So since this is futuristic, it is safe to say they have many teleportation devices. There is two types of these: Base Teleport-er and Expanse Teleport-er. The B.T. is a platform that you place in homes or areas you want to return to after you are done with the E.T. (homes, work) There are many E.T.s and you can purchase them in certain shops. These devices are connected to your Base Teleport-er and given a tracking chip. Each E.T. can be placed in a location to teleport to using your B.T. It usually takes about 5-10 minutes to teleport even the longest distances. (I am just coming up with this, if you have any suggestions to come together with this idea. I'd love to hear them!)

I was kind of thinking it just does? The seasons and day/night cycle depends on the guild section your in. For example, the outer ring would be mostly summer and day with periodic showers, because the Trees that grow abundant because of the Celtic Zodiac need light and water. I would also say Aries and the Goat sections would be mountainous, and snowy at times. I am researching deep into all aspects of these Zodiacs so I can understand how they work and tie in the seasons, day/night cycle, and biomes. Gravity is pretty normal I would think =3=

Well not all guilds understand when the world expands. It expands every four years and only enough to add 100 acres of land to each guild section. So it isn't like growing every day. ^.^ I enjoy your questions so no worries about that! Monkeys are entertainers, mostly comedians but they do the entertaining business. All guilds are relevant and all guilds have a Zodiac Deity tied to them. Even Monkey. ^.^ They are all equal with guild members because even if the players don't create a lot of characters, I will fill the rest of the guild with tons of NPCS your characters can interact with. So by no means is one guild lesser in that aspect. Well, I am up for the challenge definitely. Giving all these guilds meaning together is my goal!

Any other questions, right now? Still working on the Aries Guild info!

Sagittarius - Humoring the Masses
Capricorn - Disciplining the Wrong
I know Im kind of just jumping in here and Idk if this has already been addressed but I'd think that these two would be switched, considering capricorns are usually considered capricious, and Sagittarius is symbolized by a horse, which have been involved in discipline/punishment before, such as quartering.

• Love
I am very intrigued

• Love
@Chara Dreemur Thank you for your input! I appreciate it and think that is a good idea. ^.^ They can be switched. ^.^
@~Dark Disney~ I am happy to see your face around here! Glad to know you're intrigued!

Still working steadily on the first guild's information!

@Chara Dreemur Thank you for your input! I appreciate it and think that is a good idea. ^.^ They can be switched. ^.^
@~Dark Disney~ I am happy to see your face around here! Glad to know you're intrigued!

Still working steadily on the first guild's information!
why sank you I love me face being around places. So the zodiacs themselves are Guilds or the Stars, Chinese and Celtic are Guilds and Scorpio and monkey are with in that said guild?

There are three Zodiac Covens: Common, Chinese, and Celtic:
Common has 12 guilds within it that represent the 12 signs of the common zodiac.
Chinese has 12 guilds within it that represent the 12 animals that make up the Chinese zodiac.
Celtic has 13 guilds within it that represent the 13 trees that make up the Celtic Zodiac.

There is a Zodiac Deity that is the influence of each guild. Currently they are resting in the Ethereal Plane as they have fought long and hard for Zverokruh to be at peace with the other universes. The Zodiac Artifacts are remnants of the time when the deities walked the earth. The stars aren't a big influence to the world really. Did I answer your question? :D

YAY! TZG (The Zodiac Guilds) Logo:
8nBZmf5.png

Thank you! I worked really hard on it. ^.^
I am entering this roleplay in the contest for it's own subforum! That would be amazing if it wins! Just to give everyone a heads up.
So let's talk about the connections between each Coven. What should the main factor be that connects them? I was thinking personality traits that match up with all three Zodiacs' descriptions would be good, but do you guys have any suggestions?
Should the triads be named something else? I want the three Zodiacs to be called Covens, definitely. But do you guys think of any other names they should be called?
Final question for now; Would you guys want to have personal guild identification cards for your characters when the time comes? I would love to make them for each character if you think that's cool. :D

I think the guild I.D. cards would be a great addition! Could you split the triad groups between the active members and let them come up with suggestions for their list? That way you can pick the names you think fit the best for each triad, but have your workload reduced some in the process. I do think that giving the triads names would be fun!

There are three covens, right? If I understood that correctly...then why do the covens themselves need an overall connection? The triad groupings would be a form of connection already...unless you're wanting ideas on who would join what coven/guild?

Yay! I thought so too. Well only if they want to do so. I am willing to come up with all of the information if everyone else is busy. ^.^
Triad names would be a really personal touch to the connection between them.

Yes, indeed. There are three Covens: Common, Chinese, and Celtic.

They don't need the connection per say, but the guilds(signs) within them do need some connection to be in that particular triad. ^.^ I'd like ideas about what the connection is between the guilds to form that triad. ^.^
I have thought up the first one based loosely on curiosity; Aries - Rat - Willow

Oh no, I am leaving who joins to the players. They just have to align by the classification of the guild they join and the creed the guild goes by among other things. :D
If that is what you meant?

I'm doing a terrible job at explaining myself *head meets desk* I wish my brain worked in straight, easy to follow lines ^^
No, I did not mean limit who can join what guild, I was trying to mean what would a guild look for in it's members...I think....my brain is a tangled mess.... But that is neither here nor there right now ^.^

Let me see if I can make a quick list of possible triads and the names, I've nothing else to do and I like doing something like this. That is, if it's okay with you? I'll use the Rat-Aries-Willow (curiosity) as a base to help ^.^

Yes ID cards sorry been busy

Status
Not open for further replies.