The Valiant

Status
Not open for further replies.
See popped into the CBox earlier today for a moment. Says she's been busy with school.

Just let me know if I should archive it till she officially re-appears

Is this still open for signing up to? I didn't get a chance to join this the first time it went up- I saw it and really wanted to though. Is there any place you could use a character, or any particular kind of character you could use?

Character: Bahn D'lece (pronounced baan tha-layss-ay)

Unknown. (87 winter cycles) late-adolescence.

Race:
E'noore Vi, commonly nicknamed "unicorns" for their extremely reclusive nature and spiral horn; the natives of Enoore's third moon. The Vi are telempaths, humanoid bipeds, but there any resemblence to any other "humanoid" species ends. They are by nessessity a peaceful race, being able to hear and feel each other (nested mates can block the commune mind, wrapped up in each other's thoughts, it's just background noise) and while highly intelligent, have trouble making sense of other species culture and language. Physically, they look a bit like humans (except for the spiral horn at the top center of their forehead, at the hairline), but come in any color or colors you can imagine, a few you can't, and have flat, horselike hooves instead of feet.

Ship Name: Aquarius (?) Wherever I can be useful

Appearence:
http://hellobaby.deviantart.com/art/Lost-In-Chaotic-dream-65010326

Musician (-to the Vi. This means Bahn could be anything from a physicist to a physician-whatever you think would be useful to the plot.)

Equiptment:
Bahn has a thousand little odds and ends, tools and toys and trinkets tucked away in his(her) robes. Some of them are priceless, some of them are dangerous, most of them aren't particularly useful...

Strengths:
Bahn is a telempath; s/he can't read specific thoughts and intentions, (or maybe s/he can... among the Vi, Bahn is quite articulate, but thoughts don't translate well between telepathic species and non-telepathic species, so out here it's all just a vague, muddy wash of colors and abstract sounds.) s/he picks up emotions pretty well, and is very difficult to lie to.

Weaknesses:
Bahn is a telempath, stranded apart from his(her) people has left him(her) a bit scatterbrained. S/he is easily confused and distracted in crowds, and struggles to shut his/her envornment out. While difficult to lie to, it's fairly easy to lead Bahn on, as long as you're happy about what you're doing, s/he's likely to be just as willing to go along with it.

Bio:
Bahn was exiled from his(her) people for seriously injuring a friend. Until both have healed, Hethe D'ovis from his(her) injuries and anger and Bahn from his(her) feelings of guilt, Bahn cannot return to the planet, or risk making his(her) family mindsick. Bahn has drifted between planets and colonies for almost four months, quickly finding s/he prefers the relative quiet of small ships in the time and space between landings. It gives him(her) a chance to scrape his(her) mind back together and rest up against the next onslaught.

I'm challenging myself to take something I hear most GM's hate and make it useful to their story.

(And I'll pick a gender to post in- I'll stop with the he'she him'hers I promise, I'm pretty sure Bahn is closer to being male- the IC if I'm approved...)

sorry i've been gone...school has kept me busy *sighs*

anyways your character seems fine

I just need a description of their homeplanet as a side note please

Enoore is a large moon that's mostly dense forest; with a long, snow heavy winter and short, mild spring and even shorter, incredibly hot summer. There are several alien colonies scattered across it, as it's in the middle of a decently busy trade route, but they don't have much to do with the Vi and the Vi pretty much ignore them. Can I just show up on the current planet and buy passengery to get off-world?

Not much activity on the IC...we still on board for this?

unless someone wants to take over this please take down the OOC and IC for this thread please and thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.