The Tournament

It seemed that Wolf was finding a reason for Dominic to stick around, he had never thought of using his lightning along a lightning rod. It made sense however for use as an attack or a containment. And Ky's ability would be quite effective in that matter. Dominic wasn't sure the extent that Shadows could affect those around him... however he aura, and the look of Alik meant he didn't want to find out. Which meant it was all the better that he was on their team. Perhaps they would be able to take this tournament... finally he might be able to silence his father. "I think I'd be able to do that." he told Wolf happily.

However Dominic's eyes rested upon Rane as she demonstrated what she had been hiding all along... telekinesis. She skillfully raised objects off the ground twirling them in the air before setting them down upon the ground. That wasn't all, a teddy bear was floated to a young girl. Dominic watched as her eyes lit up in excitement. Tears of joy coming to her eyes as she hugged her new bear. Rane had earned his respect with such an action and Dominic only saw her become more beautiful. "Bravo, it seems we have quite the range of talent... team." He said, it sounded a bit odd but they needed to get used to it sooner or later, right?

Alik had to admit that everyone had great abilities. If he was to be on a team he was somewhat glad it was this one. His eyes trailed over Rane once she had finished showing her ability. The fact that she was on the team was a bonus and made him want to stick around. Maybe they had a chance at actually winning the tournament...only time will tell.

Thinking back on when he had been talking about his ability he almost felt a little guilty. There where a few other things he might be able to do. The aces up his sleeve you could say. But he hadn't completely mastered these technics which was one of the reasons he didn't mention it.

Rane lifted her body back up off of the ledge. She stretched a bit, raising her arms above her head and then back down. "Well. Now that that's done. I should probably explain our living arrangements for the duration of the tournament. If you would follow me I will take you to the hotel." She said and began to walk. "I thought it strange at first but it seems we are all living together in the same room. Don't get me wrong though, it is quite a large room. We even have a bathroom to ourselves." She paused for just a moment as she passed the little girl who now had a new bear, she gave the girl a smile. In return the young girl gave one back.

"All of us in one room?" Wolf clarified, "are you sure You're ok with that?" Now that he minded personally, but there were implications of a single girl living with four guys, whether or not she would manage to maintain any privacy among the least harmless. Wolf actually found he sort of like Rane. Her openness and kindness to the child had impressed him, she seemed to have a good handle on the tournament and what was needed to maintain the team. Oh he was by no means crushing on her. He was hardly so shallow as that, and he was definitely not going to flirt the way some of the others were. Truth be told Wolf had never understood the point of flirting any way. But he appreciated that the girl who started this whole thing was willing to take the lead and responsibility for her crew and he was feeling some what protective because of it.

"I can't say for sure without seeing the room," he continued, "But if you like we might be able to partition off a corner to give you your own space -"

"At first I thought it would be strange but now that I meant you all I don't really feel like I mind really." She said to them all with a smile as she walked towards the hotel. "I don't know I kind of feel like it would be an interesting type of sleepover." She made a sight laugh at that. She never had sleepover's when she was young, her parents never approved of those types of things. If she saw any of her friends, it always had to be formal. "But it's very sweet for you to ask and suggest a solution. I think we will leave it for now and see how it goes." She pointed to a large building in the distance. "That's it right there. It shouldn't take too much longer."

A red flag seemed to go off in Dominic's head about the living arrangement for the team, he could understand wanting to live in the same room. It would help to build teamwork, help them to learn each other's nuances, and overcome their differences in a little bit better setting than the battlefield. That being said... even with Dominic's limited life outside of his family's home he had always been taught that sleeping in the same room as a woman was not exactly socially acceptable. Wolf seemed to suggest that they partition off some of the room specifically for her... this seemed like a good plan, Dominic found himself attracted to her. She had a beauty that was all her own that seemed to draw him in. The idea that he would be in the same room as her... he trusted himself, but would he make a fool of himself? She seemed to be alright with the living arrangements. "If it's what you'd like Rane, I'm thankful for the room... it looks like a beautiful hotel."

They were approaching the hotel which she'd pointed out, he began to concentrate on that. It was a beautiful hotel, if it could be called that... The building itself was huge and meant for fairly long stays. Like a week or longer. This would be the first time Dominic had stayed outside of a home of some kind. He was used to things being a little more, luxurious. However... this was all a new adventure for him, all of this part of the journey and he would enjoy every moment of it. In a blink he was already at the door ahead of them, opening it for Rane and his team, "After you." He bowed once more and ushered them inside.

Alik really didn't mind the living arrangements. He had grown up on the streets and not with the same rules that everyone else had been taught. Where as everyone else saw it as unacceptable to sleep in the same room as a girl all he saw was a sleeping in the same area. Of course Rane was beautiful but he doubted anyone would try anything with the whole team there. Besides the idea of sectioning off a certain area just for her was a good one and would more than likely be put into place. It was the gentleman thing to do, just because he grew up on the streets didn't mean that he didn't have manners. As he stared at the hotel he realized it was probable going to be nicer than any other place he has ever stayed at before.

While walking to the hotel he couldn't help but somewhat walk closer to the shadowed area. It was a natural reaction for him to be closer to the shadows and darkness rather than the light. Just as he gravitated towards the darkness, the darkness gravitated towards him. When he walked close to it the darkness and shadows seemed to stretch out as if wanting to be closer to him. Reaching the hotel he saw that Dominic already had the door held open. Once inside the hotel he couldn't help but look around in surprise, of course he hide that surprise with a blank expression plastered on to his face.

Then one of the hotel guards approached the group. "We apologize for the inconvenience, but would you all please step to the side for a moment, for your own safety? We are expecting the arrival of some VIPs."

You wouldn't wonder for long about who these "VIPs" were.

A trio walks into the hotel, followed by several armed guards and spellbreakers. Leading the pack is a gruff, hairy man who looks to have broken and healed almost every part of his body. There is a slight smile underneath his beard, quite the contrast to the eerie looking circlet latched around his head.

Next to him is a great, lumbering amalgation of metal, fat and flesh. It's hard to tell where the machine ends and the man begins, as the person(?) slowly trudges across the hotel's lobby. The steel shudders with each breathe he takes, the mechanisms pulse with each beat of his heart. He seems blind to the world, walking straight forward. What looks like an explosive collar is rung around what you can see of his neck.

The last of them is the same little girl from before, with the chains still on her hands and feet, merrily rattling still. She doesn't seem to recognize your group as she cheerily greets everyone she passes by.

The wolf of a man pauses for a moment, looking straight at Rane. His guards stop, but don't raise their weapons. Yet.

Pixie, the infamous leader of the Wincheta Windigos, smiles. "Pretty flowers for the pretty lady," He mutters, as he circles his hand in the air.

Flowers of light and sparkles fly out towards Rane, tracing glitter and wisps as they went. The bouquet evaporates before it hits the ground, transforming into ethereal butterflies, fluttering around the woman.

The guards quickly prod Pixie to get moving. The man obliges, and catches up to his group, already making their way into the elevators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rane steps aside as she was told, although unsure of the reason why and who the VIP's could be. At that moment the 'inmate' group appeared. Rane recognized one, it seemed to be the girl that had waved to her before. Though considering the way she was acting she didn't recognize Rane. Rane noticed one looking at her, it was a wolf type man, yet she didn't feel afraid. These people may have been in chains but they didn't make Rane feel uncomfortable. To her they seemed actually nicer then they were made out to be. It was when she was in her thoughts that the leader of the group appeared before her. He showed her a great show, one she was greatly impressed with as well as flattered. He was sweet, giving her the flowers and having them turn into butterfly's. She made a smile as they flew around her. "Thank you." She said as the guards were taking them away.

Last edited:
Wolf was a little surprised when Rane said she didn't mind the living arrangements. To be honest he'd had her pegged as the type of girl who came from a classy family. Her gestures were graceful, She actually had manners, and her hands looked as though she hadn't worked a day in her life. Not that those were bad things, well except for maybe the last. But the more he watched her, the more he talked to her the more Wolf was beginning to think that his initial impression was wrong.

She had an openness about her that Wolf wasn't used to seeing from any member of the wealthy. Take Dominic for example. That man obviously came from money and he seemed a bit out of place here, but Rane - Rane seemed at home. All right, Wolf reanalyzed what he knew. So if she was too open and too comfortable to be from a noble family but she was obviously unused to labor intensive work, then she must be the daughter of some well off shop keeper. That would fit. Not that it was any of his business anyway. Wolf quite simple could not see a puzzle set before him without trying to solve it.

Stop it, he shook the thought out of his head. Rane is a person and not a tool for your personal amusement. Fortunately for Wolf before he could give his thoughts away something that was mildly entertaining came along.

It was the strange girl from before, and this time she was surrounded not only by the entourage of guards, but two other people that seemed as strange as she was. One of them seemed to be instantly smitten by Rane. Great, just great, Wolf thought to himself as he watched the show, not only were they going to have to learn to work as a team with a group of people they had just met, but now it seemed as though they were going to have to protect the team leader from a love struck brute. Could this day get any worse? Looking around at the others Wolf knew instantly that it could, and had.

At least two of the other guys seemed just as fascinated with Rane as the hulking prison king. Wolf had spend enough traveling and observing to know. No matter where a person went the behavior was the same. The third, well Wolf wasn't sure about the third, but he wasn't taking any chances. It seemed that partitioned off area or not his position on the team had just been regulated to chaperon. He'd yet to see the room, but he was going to be sure that If he couldn't convince Rane to take her own corner, he was at least going to place himself between her and the others. Wolf may be many things, but he was first and foremost a man. He knew how men thought and something told him that good intentions or not, no matter what else happened their little team was not going to make it through the tournament without at least one broken heart.

Rane let the rest pass, once they were gone she started walking to their room again. Going through a hallway she made it to a door. "This is it." She said to them as she almost walked into the door. However it opened up by itself before she ran into it. It was indeed a large room set up with five beds, one for each person. Rane was correct about being a door to a bathroom. In the back there was one of those sliding doors made of windows to walk out to a balcony. The room was spacious and had closets, dressers and tables' obviously made for longer stays than just a few nights. "What do you guys think?" She turned to them with a smile. "I don't think it's that bad."

Kyy looked at the room in awe. "Its amazing!" He runs over to one of the beds on the end and lies on it. "I call this one!" He laughs, dropping his pocket watch.

"Very nice," Wolf said in appreciation as he turned and looked around. "If I might suggest you take that one," he started pointing at a very comfortable looking bed on the opposite end of the one Kyy had taken. This one was located in a sunny corner of the room. "It would be fairly easy to rig a curtain for you. I know you said you didn't mind, but I figure it's best to leave the option open just in case."

He nonchalantly dropped his jacket on the bed closest to the one he suggested she take as he walked around looking up at the ceiling. "look, there're even brackets in place," he pointed out with a smile. "It looks like one of the teams to stay here before us had a similar idea."

Rane giggled as she looked up. "I guess you're right." She then walked over to the bed Wolf pointed out and sat down gracefully on it. "I think I will take this one, I quite like it." She said to her teammates as she looked at all of them. "The rest of you can pick from the others that are left." She then got up and walked over to the balcony doors. She opened them and walked out onto the balcony. "Such a beautiful view." She leaned against the railing and looked out.

To say that it wasn't what Dominic was used to would be somewhat of an understatement, and yet... it had a sort of charm to it. There was the basics in furniture for a longer stay, however luxuries, paintings, or artwork of any kind seemed gone. It was always something that he'd enjoyed about his parents home. While they were fighters at heart they had a deep appreciation for art in all it's forms. Whether it was singing, dancing, instrumental, a beautiful painting, clothing, or pottery. The list went on and on in their home.

"I'll take this one." It didn't matter much to him which one he would take he just decided on the one next to Wolf, the next closest to Rane. It had a small desk by it, opening up his pack he set a few trinkets out on the table. A small glass rock, it was no more then scrap from a glass blower, but the light reflected beautifully on it's amber surface. Next was a small statue made of marble, it was given to him as a gift when he was younger, shaped into a hawk spreading it's wings before flight. Looking over he watched Rane as she stood on the balcony, it beckoned to him and he decided to move over. Not too close to her but to see what she saw. "I've never seen a place like this before." His head seemed to pan the horizon before him.

"It's beautiful." Rane said to Dominic. Their view was in fact quite impressive, perhaps one of the best ones out of all the hotel. It overlooked most of the large town full of wonderful architecture. You could see the decorations being placed for the festival. In the distance you could see rolling hills or grass, flowers and fields of crops, usually were most of the farming was done for the area. "I like it a lot." She began to say again. "It sort of reminds me of home." Her home, a large house itself full of maids and butlers; of course she wouldn't just going around telling her partners that. Her house however was farther away from the village that she claimed she lived at, yet you could still see it in the distance. Around her was mostly grass, trees and flowers, looking out any window was a beautiful sight. She looked over at Dominic and gave him a smile. "There are all different kinds of things going on during the festival, I hope when we have a break from the tournament we can all go check some of the booths and attraction out."

Rane's smile seemed to light up an already bright day, there was so much more to this girl than she seemed to let on and Dominic just wanted to know more. It was an interesting feeling for him, something he wasn't used to. He'd never really felt like the servants had anything to hide from him and his parents had made sure that there was a way for him to glean any knowledge he seemed to be in need of at any given moment. Yet he was so interested in the town, the people, the food, and surprisingly in her. She seemed to set his mind at ease and did so effortlessly, she was, in one word 'amazing'.

"I think that sounds like a wonderful idea," He said looking right back at her and giving her a smile of his own. He stayed like that for a moment not letting things get too awkward. Then he turned to the town once more. "I wonder what kind of art they have here? I'll have to pick some up for my parents, it's one of their favorite things to collect." Images of his parents came to mind, his father's look of approval at his son taking the initiative. It had been odd for him, he didn't know if Dominic would be able to handle it, and yet it had been many years since the family had made such a public appearance.

An idea entered his mind, "I know something, how about I take us to dinner." He looked over at Rane and then almost hesitantly, "All of us. Do you know any great places in town? My treat and believe me, money is not an issue for me." His voice was light, he didn't mean for it to sound like bragging he just didn't want to take them to an average place. This was the beginning of one of the greatest moments of his life, to Dominic that meant a celebration should go all out.

Rane began to laugh a little bit, "Food! That would be great, I'm actually pretty hungry myself. It will also help us get used to each other." She said as she went back into the room. "Although, I don't really know of any places around here, this is the first time I have been here. We might be able to ask someone, like who ever is at the front desk." She thought out loud. Rane hadn't been anywhere much, unless it was with her parents. That usually meant she didn't need to know the area herself. All she did was follow them, although this truly was the first time coming to this town.

"Alright everyone." Rane began to say to the group. "We're all going to go out and eat. Dominic said he'd be paying." She lifted up her finger and pointed to Dominic. "Just because of that though, don't take advantage and buy a whole bunch of things that are very expensive. It would be rude." She then put her hands to her hips. "It would be nice to see some of this town before the tournament starts too."

Wolf had quickly organised his gear and laid back on his bed, arms behind his neck, one foot rested on top of the other. He only casually watched the others talk as his mind was busy trying to figure out what the first task of the tournament might be. Once when Rane announced that Dominic was paying for dinner did he truly pay attention.

"If rich boy is paying I guarantee you we'll still end up eating something I probably couldn't afford on my own," he snorted from his place on the bed. "Actually we'll probably end up at a place I wouldn't normally even be allowed into on my usual salary. Not that I mind though." he sat up with a smile, "I've never turned down a free meal, especially when it promises to be a good one. Though if you really do want a great meal at a good price I do know this little noodle stand some blocks from here - but, uh, That might not be what either of you had in mind." he looked at both of them and shook his head. "No probably not . . . either way I should probably change huh?" he asked as he fingered a hole in his tank-top near his left pocket.

Wolf really wasn't bothered by staying in the same room any the others. In his line of work you stayed where you could and lived with those you worked with male and female alike. sometime he was lucky to get a room with only two or three others, with the guard guild bunk houses it was usually ten to fifteen. Suffice it to say Wolf wasn't shy. he didn't even think twice about pulling off the ratty tank top and fishing a dark grey colored t-shirt from the small dresser next to his bed where he had put his clothing away. it wasn't nearly as nice as what Dominic already had on, but it was clean, in good condition, and the sleeve was long enough to hide his tattoo. That he figured was the point. Besides, it was literally one of the nicest shirts he had. That and the scarf his father had given him was probably nice enough to make up for it. Wolf wasn't going anywhere without that.

Rane turned towards Wolf as he began to talk. "If I see anyone taking advantage of Dominic paying, I will personally punish them." She said her hands still at her hips. "And don't think I will go easy on any of you." She looked around at all of them for a moment then back to Wolf. "A noodle shop is just to casual. It's a special occasion, it needs to be a little more fancy." She was caught off guard as Wolf began to take him shirt off. Let's just say she never really had to deal with that, not at her home. She turned away quickly. "What do you think you're doing?" She pouted out. "Don't start changing in front of me!" She waited until he was finished to turn back around to him, she stared at him with a slight bit of anger.