The Shining Ones-Sign Up

I can play a villain if you want. My character is going to be more child like in nature anyways due to his lack of understanding others and what not. I rather play a hero but I can accommodate if necessary.

I love being evil.
I might go villiainy.
Hey ho Scott.
What's your Franky power then? Like a zombie?

And, is Bell ever going to join? I want to know what she has in mind before making my cs.
I would not like to overlap powers.

Since my character is made up of several body parts of superheros and villains, I was thinking that he wouldn't have any powers of his own but can mimic or steal the powers of others plus I was thinking of having an aura around him that weaken ally and foe alike.

Can you be a little more specific Scott? I'm confused.

My character will switch from side to side occasionally. He is mad, after all.

My character has the power to steal powers if he touches someone; like Rogue from X-men. However, he is a creature that isn't technically alive. His brain is an apparatus powered by the gift of SO which produces this invisible ten feet aura that weakens the powers of others and it is always constant.

Oh, alright. ACCEPTED.
I am not sure why I'm saying this anymore, everything you guys wrote is too awesome and I'll be damned if I refuse it.

OMG I can't believe I forget about this. I KNEW I didn't do something. Well, OK, anyone here?

I think this has a lot of potential, but the lack of characters thus far (even if I did make one myself) is a little concerning. Between three factions and three (four potential) characters, it doesn't make much for a variety of character interactions spread between all three groups.

I'll have to sit and think on it, but I believe I can very easily retool one of my old characters from a recently dead and buried RP for this quite nicely.

Agreed .. Do you guys have any friends that you can refer to this rp?

I could crank up my propaganda machine. ^^ *carries in an archaic typewriter*

Do the Shining Ones have to look like a monster?

Vigilantes Bio:
Name: Alex Cooper
Appearance:
-hair-red-anime-girl-which-are-you-appearance-short-brown-6-i-tattoodonkey.com.jpg

Vigilante identity: N/A for now

anime_329-preview.jpg
Personality: A cheerful young girl who is always polite in everything.
History: It is unknown at this point why Alex became a vigilante. She changes the subject when someone asks. Her mother was a famous thief, and her father is a CEO of a very successful company. She was allowed anything she wanted, so she took martial arts lessons and trained in how to use weapons.
The Shining One: The Prince
imedemon04.jpg
Personality: A foul mouthed guy who gets angered easily.
Power: Atmokinesis (The power and ability to control and manipulate all various aspects of the weather at will.)

((IGNORE THE ATTACHED TUMBNAIL DOWN THERE!!! I can't get it to go away T.T))

Attachments

• Assassin.jpg
    Assassin.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 9
I could crank up my propaganda machine. ^^ *carries in an archaic typewriter*

Make it happen, dammit! And now let the retooling begin!

Name: Dennis Jaeger
Appearance:
26e0b6a2efc829b941b1190886b9516269463a1d.jpg

Vigilante Name: Thanatos
dennis.jpg

Shining One: The Marksman - The Marksman granted Dennis superhuman reflexes and targeting skills. Preferring to observe and provide advice, The Marksman is relatively quiet most of the time, confident in Dennis' abilities. Combined with his prototype power armor and a store of various weapons in an armory back in New York City, Dennis is the living embodiment of a tank.

Personality: Dennis prefers his moniker Thanatos when on the job. He is level headed, not particularly loud, and often quite exasperated by the trigger happy tendencies of amateurs and the over enthusiastic. His ability to think on his feet have saved him many times, and is always willing to give advice to those around him. While working in teams is not above him, he believes that self-reliance is far more important. Despite his business mind, he's a kind individual with a habit of reassuring smiles and wit when outgunned.

History: Dennis was born and raised in New York City to a housekeeping mother and a police officer father. Growing up around his father and his strong morals compelled Dennis, like many other young boys, to become like his father. As a result he often got into trouble at school after defending other kids from bullies (IE, beating the crap out of them). The trick to his initial success was contact with a broken arrow to which the entity that would be come Dennis' Shining One was bound to, a medieval archer renowned for his reflexes and accuracy. Dennis would have felt awkward leaving what he could only see as another soul to die, so they united together, granting Dennis superhuman reflexes and a brain like a targeting computer. As Dennis continued to defend the other kids, a few others began to follow and help him. Dennis greatly enjoyed working with his friends and believed as a team there was nothing that could stop them.

Dennis' team mentality took a severe blow at the age of 14 when his father was in a police shootout. Despite the officers greatly outnumbering the criminals and superior positioning, his father caught a bullet in his dominant shoulder. After surgery, Dennis' father had difficulty using it and had to move to a desk job. Afterwards Mr. Jaeger would often think back to his old days as a patrol officer. Dennis eventually concluded that his father was injured and had to be pushed behind the scenes because his fellow officers didn't do enough to stop the criminals despite their numbers. Thus Dennis' self-reliant mentality began to take hold. The Marksman simply reassured his host that it was okay, that he had worked alone more times than he could count.

When he graduated high school Dennis began to learn his way around weaponry. With his reflexes and accuracy, Dennis felt it was only logical to use his abilities to make a living as a bounty hunter While his parents were unsettled at the idea they accepted that there would be little they could do to sway his mind. Mr. Jaeger introduced Dennis to his colt single action army revolvers, which Dennis took a liking too immediately. His father subsequently gave them to him, and in doing so provided Dennis with the two guns he'd carry for the rest of his life.

His connections with a police officer would snowball into an invaluable network of contacts. Contact with the police would eventually bring him into contact with the FBI, which eventually branched into the CIA. It is rumored he's trying to work in a contact with the British Secret Intelligence Service.

When he was 20 he was on a hunt in Greece where, in his haste to find his bounties before they could escape again, he charged into the bar his targets where hiding in, drew his revolvers, and gunned them down before anyone could react. Panic stopped as quickly as it began when Dennis holstered his revolvers. One eye witness account made it into National European newspapers with the statement "He came in and killed those men so fast it was like he was an incarnation of death itself. My son went to thank him for killing the bad men and called him Mr. Thanatos after studying the ancient Greek mythology for the past three weeks."

The nickname Thanatos stuck, after which Dennis' popularity back him America grew rapidly to the point that he was hired by Deltria Weapons Corporation a year later. While initially reluctant to take the job, the offer of a prototype suit of powered armor was too good to pass up. Despite his enhanced reflexes and a brain like a targeting computer he was still only human and as vulnerable to bullets as any flesh and blood creature. His only condition to accepting after that was was that he had a chance to take a few more jobs to become accustomed to his new armor. The endurance and extra strength has been an incredible boon to him. A year has passed since then and the reputation as Thanatos has continued to grow as a man willing to dispense justice onto the scum and criminals of the world...for the right price. Needless to say, this reputation as, ironically, put him in a bizarre relationship with the police outside his hometown.

Ooowh, it's been a week since I login! I feel so happy to see new characters! Thank you Kassadin and Kiddo! They are accepted!

PS: Still need villains! I'll go and hunt for players now!

And here I was worrying when I saw you hadn't logged on for a week. :P

I could possibly get your a few villains Enou by use of my amazing propaganda machine! ^^

Perhaps it would be practical to have our GM have something of an opening one-shot villain to get the ball rolling? An introductory chapter of sorts if you will.

I heard you needed villains and I would love to help.

Name: Haruka Midori
Appearance:
306a7e9925c249616e20e76c03a401ac1.jpg
Superhero/villain identity(Villain): Rose
cool-gothic-anime-girl.jpg (Exclude the wings)
Personality: On the outside she has a sweet and caring personality, but on the inside she is sadistic and mostly antisocial. She will sometimes revert back to a childish state when she is overworked.
Power: Can change her appearance to a familiar form( An example is changing to look like the model on a magazine). She can't look like objects only humans.
History: When she was a child her father left and her mother fought to keep them both alive. After several years of struggling her mother eventually grew ill and died. Haruka stayed with her mother's body until the cops found her and she was dragged away. They took her and orphanage where they committed horrible experiments on her. She escaped from the orphanage but not before they injected her with a glowing blue liquid that gave her the power she has now. She decided to become a villain when she found out her mother had been poisoned and her father, who was a cop, had been the one to poison her.

Attachments

• Adumi01.jpg
    Adumi01.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 3
Hey boss, I think I may change my character idea. The character I have in mind possess the ability to phase through objects and turn invisible. However, I think I may have him not be a vigilante nor villain. If that makes sense. . .