The Sentence of Your Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
"From observation, though, I believe the purpose for the stein is to stop the beer being spilled while using the mug to conduct the singing"

Well then...

"I would say that our victim, I mean our subject, is of medium height, more than a bit overweight, and of slightly less than vigorous build."

Alright then ;__;

......."Instead of answering, Geralt took a sip from the demijhon.".......WELL I have no idea how to intrepret that. am I just gonna drink instead of having a love life?

From my Geology Textbook:

Natural rates of Soil Erosion vary greatly from one place to another and depend on soil characteristics as well as such factors as climate, slope, and type of vegetation.

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

Is my relationship eroding away or something?

I oddly didn't have any books near me, so I just grabbed the first one I could find.

"The sound seemed to curve around them, and then to go on ahead, dying out of range." - The Dark is Rising, Susan Cooper

I have little idea what to make of this, but it sounds depressing.

"And in the fables we are speaking of, we make the falsehood as much like the truth as we can because we do not know what is the truth in ancient things, and so we make it useful."

Plato, the Republic.
Book-Great Dialogues of Plato.

I like this.

"The weight of the gold earing's was forty-three pounds, not including the crescents and pendants, the royal clothing of the kings, or the chains around the necks of the camels".

Wow... The Bible was really civil this time. XD

"As they came abreast of this spot they halted and Glanton turned into the woods where the wet leaves were shuffled up and he tracked down the old man sitting in the shrubbery solitary as a gnome."

Thank you, Blood Meridian.

......."Instead of answering, Geralt took a sip from the demijhon.".......WELL I have no idea how to intrepret that. am I just gonna drink instead of having a love life?
Come to think of it..... I think the book is saying. "Nah, not gonna tell ya". That's how I'm gonna take it....

"The Doctor looked at the screens, and dived down to examine the server."

Fair. Very fair.

"When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God."
- From everything counts, a study book I'm reading

The nearest books to me are on a shelf, all roughly the same distance, so I'm gonna reach out without looking and grab the first one I touch... American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Page 206 is the blank backside of the page marking the start of Part 2. Hah, apt, but I'd like to get one with actual words.

This grab got me A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin. First whole sentence on page 206 is "They were simply... empty." Fucking hell, I guess I may as well have stuck with the blank page.

I'm gonna grab another just to see if I get a threepeat on blankness... A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin. Top of page 206 is this:

Tormund snorted. "Now as to you... is it true they cut your members off when they take you for the Wall?"

Haha, wow, that's even better. Either nothingness or my dick chopped off. This is a fun game. :D

"The 16th century was an era of civil war so protracted that it came to be known as the Sengoku Jidai-- the era of warring states."

Welp... That about sums it up.

Insert inappropriate joke about invasions and etc.

(from a book on yurei)

"Hundreds of them," the elf replied grimly.

(The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks)

I'm kind of dying right now. That's hilarious.

"I had it all worked out when suddenly the obvious flashed on me; Half the town knew be by name and the other half by sight."

So I'm the town whore I guess?

They were dark, the windows broken, some of the doors hanging open.
-The Fallen by Charlie Higson

How poetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.