Not open for further replies.
O

OwlOne

Original poster
The Hangout|Interest Check|The Descended Rp

Magic_Eye_Abstract2.jpg

Please press play and listen whilst you read

skGViS1.gif

Since the beginning of time magic has existed in many shapes and forms. That was until the Salem Witch Trials, which was to be believed, as the eradication of the final essence of magic on earth. During that time, magic became a world known activity. It was a wonderous surprise for something so unusual to exist, but it also became a fear. Salem being the central and supposedly only place of magic's existence, quickly became the center point of the world's attention. At that time magic seemed to be an only female factor. This was believed to be due to the wondrous things women could do. Women's image quickly rose to that of goddesses, of course, many viewed magic as a wonderful gift to the world. Many hoped it to be the arrival of peace and the end of a struggle. These views were brought to women who used magic for happiness and joy, helping others in need.

Unfortunately, many women did not have the pleasure of happiness. Many suffered, due to abuse, discrimination, and religious damnation. This caused these women to use magic for revenge and the pleasure of seeing others suffer. This in turn caused many views to change from content to fear and disgust. Once this form of magic came into existence many reacted to it as a threat. It only takes one to ruin it for everyone. The fall of magic quickly ensued. Anyone under suspicion of being able to use magic was brutally killed. Either by fire or by hanging. After a few years of witch hunts went on, a day came where the sun seemed to have a more radiant glow. This was a symbol of the eradication of magic.

Only one thing was left behind.......their children. Only one thing was left behind.......their children. Throughout generations, although they were unaware, these children and their descendants have had the ability to use magic. Now in 2015, there is a small group unaware of each other's existence, that have been actually able to practice.

How will life treat them? Will their abilities be a hindrance or will it enable them to do wondrous things? I'll let you decide.

Book of Shadows Entry Application

[spoili]
Picture (*Use a real person picture or close to it (Deviantart) No Anime. Needs to be human not a creature.):
Name:

Nickname:________
First:___________
Last:___________
Sex: Male[] Female[]

Randomly Generated Clique:
Generated Magic:
Generated Talent:

Looks

Everyday Appearance(Can be changed throughout Rp):
Hair Color(Can be changed):
Eye Color:
Accessories:

Body
Height: __
Weight: ___
Complextion:____
Body Type:_____

Character's Past (Get creative with this. Somewhere in your bio, please put the age ( between 13 and 18) when you found your family grimore and when magic affected your life. )
History/Bio:

Availability
This will help us with activity. We will Rp Mon-Sat Keep Rping light on Sundays.

Days
Mon
Tue
Wed
Thurs
Friday
Sat

[/spoili]

blue Pm me when you're ready to fill out your CS so I can generate a clique for you. Upon completion, I will generate your talent and magic. Before you fill out the Cs, I ask that you read everything. Also, add what you need to add to the Cs.

1. Most important rule is; use common sense and so no God modding/Trolling/Auto Hitting and so on. Also no racist or sexist comments, if you have a problem with someone because of either of these then don't say anything and if you just have a general problem with them take it to PM or just say nothing at all and deal with it like an Adult
    2. No arguing in the IC or OOC! if you have a problem with someone take it to PM cause it isn't our problem! IF it concerns something to do with our rp or a fight still take it to pm and bring a GM into the equation to sort the situation out. I don't want to see people arguing over the OOC or IC and making a load of trouble for us and everyone else. Also please don't OOC in IC, they have separate sections and I would like to keep it that way.
    3. If you become inactive for too long, your character, may first, become a tag along and then the mysterious association may have secretly got to them. So watch out for your character.
    4. All Iwaku rules apply.
    5. Most Importantly Have Fun!

*Please use your @user name and copy and paste this on your Cs. By signing this, you have ensured us you have read the rules in its entirety and at any time we reserve the right to pull your Cs/ Character for breaking the rules, inactivity, etc.
    [Tab=Plot]​

Last edited by a moderator:
would love to join, but your inbox is full so I can't pm you. Do you just want to pm it to me and I'll post it up here when I'm building?

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
would love to join, but your inbox is full so I can't pm you. Do you just want to pm it to me and I'll post it up here when I'm building?
Lol I have a few things to clear. Just a sec.

Alright your good to go. Pm me

music_by_museofsilence-d312har.jpg

Name: Lillith Redd
Nickname: Redd / RedHead
Sex: Male[] Female[X]

Randomly Generated Clique: Music Kid
Generated Magic:
Generated Talent:
Aura Projection

Everyday Appearance: She has a tattoo on her backside though Lillith did not have herself inked. She isn't quite sure when it started to appear, but colors started leaking when she was 15. It reminded her of a giant tear in the universe but that's just her imagination running wild.
water_color_abstract_2_by_koraykaragozler-d50wthe.jpg

Hair Color: Burgundy and black. She tries not to dye her hair too frequently though. It's bad for you, you know!
Eye Color: Green.
Accessories: None unless stated otherwise.

Body
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 130lbs
Complexion: Slightly tanned but unless she's in sunlight daily, she's rather pale. There are freckles sprinkled across her body.
Body Type: Chubbier than she'd like.

History/Bio:

Lillith Redd is the only child of William and Fiona Redd. That's what her birth certificate claims, anyway. She's never met her parents. Lillith was born and abandoned inside a hospital. Instead an old woman by the name of Rosamaria adopted baby Lillith and brought her home to a farm in Oregon, where the rain poured incessantly and the sky never showed. It was beautifully depressing. But most of all it was a storm of emotions that grew inside Lillith over the years and she did not know how to expel it.
Farm work was hard but it wasn't distracting enough. Again and again her mind would turn itself over, trying to remember her parents and whether she could ever forgive them. They never even gave her a chance. Her mind was incessant and it was at these points she would climb into the attic of the barn, above the animals and their simple pleasures. When she was alone like this, she liked to sing to them: the cows, the sheep, even the newborn chicks.
When Lillith was fifteen, her adoptive grandmother decided it was time to give her a talk. They both sat down on the swinging bench Rosamaria was so fond of. They had cups of chai tea, Lillith's favorite, and sat with a blanket shared across their laps.
"Lillith, there are things I must share with you. When I picked you up from the hospital, you were so small and innocent and lovely. As you know, I never had children. My husband passed away too young for a healthy man his age and I never had the heart to remarry. I needed you child, just as much as you needed me. I never saw your parents or spoke to them, but the nurses claimed that when they searched their room, they found a book. A book with red ink with a note on top. The scrawl was beautiful but my eyes could not understand the script. I still can't."
"What do you mean 'you still can't?'"
At this moment Rosamaria pulled out a sizable black text with red flowers on the spine. She grunted as she pulled it from under the blanket and set it on Lillith's lap. A piece of paper stuck out of the book and Lillith pulled it out with shaking hands.
I am sorry. My love, my life, my Lillith. This is all I can give.

It read so easily, so beautifully to her, her own secret note from her own secret parents.

Lillith looked up at her grandmother and her expression of wonder and hurt and confusion could not withold her own tears. Rosamaria began crying silently and reached for this beautiful red headed child, her wrinkled hands embracing youthful ones.

"I'm sorry I did not show you sooner. I was afraid of what might be inside, of what you might do. This book it... I don't trust it. I used to keep it bedside in hopes of finding some clue of your parents, something to offer to you when grew older but my eyes were uncooperative. The words would never stay still before my eyes. I could not read a single word. And the dreams that came during those nights...they were not things I would have wished upon you. I locked it away. I was afraid of what it might do to such a young girl."
Rosamaria looked into Lillith's eyes and waited for a moment before exhaling. "But most of all, I was afraid you would leave this old woman behind on her silly farm."

Both women burst into tears and held each other for a long while.

Lillith never left Rosamaria, Rosa ended up leaving her. She passed away peacefully on her beautiful farm. After the funeral, Lillith learned that Rosamaria left the farm and all her inheritance to Lillith Redd. Lillith, unsure of how to proceed now that she was alone, decided to sell the farm and move to Los Angeles, the sacred haven of all that is fun in the sun. Being accepted into UCLA helped out too.

Availability
I am available to post at least once a day, usually during the evening/night.

@Kairia by signing this, you have ensured us you have read the rules in its entirety and at any time we reserve the right to pull your Cs/ Character for breaking the rules, inactivity, etc.

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Elena Salis, crimson, dotted, 15]
Color Ref: e8104a
Name
"Elena? Yeah that's me."
.: Elena Alvina Salis :.

Nickname
"I got a lot of those. Pick one or make your own."
.: Elle - Ellen - Lena :.

First
"I actually like my name. Suits me."
.: Elena :.

Last
"Nothing interesting about this, right?"
.: Salis :.

.: 21 :.

Sex: Male[] Female[x]
"Is it not obvious enough? Maybe the jacket ought to go..."

Randomly Generated Clique
"All kinds of people around, yeah? Not sure which to slap first."

.: Perfect Models :.

Generated Magic

Generated Talent
"Here's your warning: Don't stare at me for too long."
.: Glamorization :.

Looks

Everyday Appearance
"Everyone has their own style. Mine? Changes every month."

.: Signature Black Jacket on the Streets - Dresses For Events :.

Hair Color
"Hm? It's natural, but I'm more than willing to play around with some colors"
.: Blonde :.

Eye Color
"Nope! Not blue eyed!"
.: Gray :.

Accessories
"You know, I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for a while now..."
.: Both Ears are Pierced :.

Body
Height

"...Taller than most, yeah?"
.: 5'10" :.

Weight
"Yes. Of course it takes work to get to where I am now!"
.: 121 lbs :.

Complexion
"Really sunny out here all the time ... I'm surprised I'm still this pale, to be honest"
.: Pale. Whatever shows is usually covered in make up :.

Body Type
"Perfect. For me anyway."
.: Model-Like Slim with Lean/Little Muscle :.

Character's Past
History/Bio

"Too long didn't read? Well, long story short, I grew up too fast for my own good. Picked up the tricks to survive in this dreadful high class lifestyle, and the grimoire gave me the out I yearned for ... the feeling was similar to that of a person who took their first gasp of air after spending their life submerged under the water - living a half life."

Elena was born into a family that was successful, wealthy, and oddly modest. Growing up, Elena was a very innocent, happy child. Her parents were there most of the time, usually right beside her, guiding her until the day they all - even herself - let go and walked another path. Facing one crisis after another, her parents were forced to leave her side, and Elena who was facing her own problems with other children and even adults, was forced to turn and look for something else who would listen to her.

Of course, no such person actually existed. Though her parents were wonderful people, their wealth and status severely limited the group of friends Elena was forced to deal with. Through her years of silent agony and mind numbing days, the blonde eventually got used to faking everyday imitations, knowing what to say to whom, how to subtly watch people from afar ... it was quite a fun game. Usually.

And so, Elena shaped herself strategically. She learned, as a child, that no one would be there forever. Her parents, who have long since ridden through the numerous crises, had left a void in her psyche that served to remind her everyday that she needed to be that independent, self reliant woman. The world was a harsh place, and with what terrible company she consistently puts herself with, she knew - every single day - just how important it was to learn and lie, to grab every possible advantage she could.

Following that thought, Elena often found herself holed up in rooms with books. Soaking up whatever information she could - that and she did enjoy a romance novel every now and then, a girl always had time to dream about their happy ever afters. On her seventeenth birthday, her parents presented her with a mysterious looking book. Or tomb, rather. It was nothing fancy, nothing modern. It was abnormal, an oddity, and that tempted Elena even more. It held no scent, no markings of age, dust, rust, moss ... it looked as if it were trapped in a stasis.

Her parents thought that they had bought a very classy and sophisticated journal - the pages were blank to their eyes. Elena knew better. Years of being left alone had honed her instincts, her gut feelings, and though she didn't have all the pieces to the puzzle yet, when the book fell into her hands it seemed as if the door to the world had finally opened to her for the first time.

This would be another game. It would be harder than pretending to care, polite conversations, and careless flirting. It was a life changing game, and Elena always knew that ever since she laid eyes on that majestic looking silver book.

*Sexuality
"Surprised, anyone?"
.: Lady Lover :.

"It's a short list. Sucks for anyone getting me a birthday present."
.: Animal Stuff-Toys - Music Boxes - Ice Skating :.

Dislikes
"Not. A. Word."
.: Bugs/Insects - Heights - Seafood - Pineapples :.

.: "Evil isn't born. It's made." :.
.: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, evil for evil." :.

Availability

Mon - Evenings
Tue - Evenings
Wed - Late Night
Thurs - Evenings
Friday - Late Afternoon
Sat - All Day

*I usually try to post once a day. In the case where I don't, it's usually because the RP isn't rolling, and someone else is missing and has left a gap that needs to be filled. Otherwise, I will inform everyone (the GM) of my absence well ahead of time*

@White -- Chocolate By signing this, I have ensured you that I have read the rules in its entirety and at any time you reserve the right to pull my Cs/ Character for breaking the rules, inactivity, etc.
*Had to reword it. Hope you don't mind.*

[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 people
For the record. In the slot where it's says generated talent and magic I generate those so leave those blank. As well as the clique, I provide that to you before you post your CS.

Reactions: Collapse
Name:
Nickname:Alex or Lex
First: Alexander
Last: Bartholomew
Sex: Male

Randomly Generated Clique: Child Prodigy
Generated Magic:
Generated Talent: Intangibility

Looks

Everyday Appearance(Can be changed throughout Rp):
Man_in_suit_by_stan522.jpg

((Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a good black and white suit sketch?! you stick 'suit' in to deviantart and its loads of eye candy of ZSS.))
Hair Color(Can be changed):
Black, though he has dark brown highlights that are natural.
Eye Color:
Blue, almost black.
Accessories:

A high quality wrist watch, along with a ever changing selection of cufflinks.

Body
Height:6'2"
Weight: 65kg
Complexion:He isn't what you'd call tanned, but he's not pale, he's just on the edge of it.
Body Type: Leith is probably the best way to describe it, He's strong but not well muscled.

Character's Past (Get creative with this. Somewhere in your bio, please put the age ( between 13 and 18) when you found your family grimoire and when magic affected your life. )
History/Bio:

Alexander was born a single parent child though not to his mother, who died in childbirth. He wasn't a only child, however his older brother was rarely ever home due to being in a university outside of the state. His adeptness at the sciences and engineering were apparent from a young age, he grew up surrounded by Lego, Mechanics and other such toys, shunning the normal toys of remote control cars, cuddly toys and comics. the only thing he desired other than more things to build with was music, his insatiable desire to be surrounded by things and have every sense loaded to the point where he couldn't handle it meant that his room would often have loud music of any kind coming from it while he was working on whatever he felt like at the time.
At the age of 15 his father was caught in a car crash, at the reading of his father will it was rather strange, His elder brother got almost everything, with the exception of a few things. Alexander got the house to live in, and a allowance to live on. and a keyring with 3 keys on it and the will stated "Anything that these keys open of mine, belongs to Alexander." They eventually found a large oak box with a lock that looked older than the house they lived in. The key unlocked it. Alexander kept the box though did not open it until he was sure he was alone. For he had a terrible feeling about whatever the box held.
((WIP, will be finished upon power generation))
Availability
This will help us with activity. We will Rp Mon-Sat Keep Rping light on Sundays.

Days