The Rising Paragons

Yzk3MGNiNjY0YiMvd3JWX3FKeUJNa0FDdDNDUC1rclR4MHZpXzkwPS8xNHgwOjEyODB4MTM0NS84NDB4ODkyL2ZpbHRlcnM6cXVhbGl0eSg3MCkvaHR0cDovL3MzLmFtYXpvbmF3cy5jb20vcG9saWN5bWljLWltYWdlcy83YmFkM2VpbHQ0ZHlkcGhtZ3hpZDlldThuNjVvNDFrMG9yOXIyZW41dmI4dmJhODFiemVndWdreDd1M3NrZ2VzLmpwZw==.jpg

IMG_5269.jpg
Full name: Gael Dumont
Alias: Dr Dumont
Birthday: June 12
Sexuality: Bisexual
Religion: Agnostic
City or Town of Birth: Devoir
Currently Lives: Devoir
Languages spoken: Paragi
Native Language: Paragi
Relationship Status: Single

Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 143lbs
Figure/build: The thin frame of someone who spends the majority of their time in the world of theory rather than practice.
Hair colour: Jet black
Hair style: Short and combed neatly
Eye colour: Dark brown
Skin tone: Pale tan
Tattoos: None
Piercings: None
Scars/distinguishing marks: A 5 inch rash-like birthmark on his left forearm.
Frequently worn jewellery: A simple unadorned silver ring is worn on his right ring finger.

Smoker? Yes, lightly.
Drinker? No, out of habit and on principle of keeping a clear head.
Drug user? No, as above.
Addictions: Mildly addicted to cigarettes.
Allergies: He is unaware of a minor bee allergy.
Ailments, illnesses, disabilities? None of consequence, though he does catch colds frequently and easily.

Likes: Gael enjoys watching the precision and elegance of machines at work, and the chaotic imprecision of people in daily life, and deeply loves the philosophic and ethical debates relating to political rule. Surprising and unexpected events or observations are thrilling to him, even when they leave him unable to deal with their results.
Dislikes: The frantic mayhem of violence and disaster.
Fears/phobias: He is uneasy around blades, which makes shaving a trial.
Favourite colour: Pastels
Hobbies: Reading dense political and philosophical texts outside of his prescribed curriculum and the occasional penny dreadful.
Musical taste: He isn't an avid music fan, but can listen to most varieties with equal enjoyment.
Talents/skills: He knows how to ask questions and press arguments, a thinker and planner. Social strategy and leadership is what he has been trained for and he excels at the theory, however practice tends to move too quickly for calm, logical thought and so he tends to struggle with the unexpected.
Ability to pilot a car/plane/ship: His only practical driving skills are limited to light ground vehicles, though he knows the theory of basic flight controls.
Omnivore/carnivore/herbivore: Herbivore when he can manage it, and so far he has, but if pressed for the sake of politeness will eat meat.
Favourite food(s): His secret love is for fried onion.
Favourite drink(s): A new invention from one of the many Life Improvement Departments: Carbonated Lemon Water. The bubbles are surprising and pleasantly unexpected.
Disliked food: Meats, on ethical principles.
Disliked drinks: Alcohol for both taste and effects.

Describe the character's house/home: His room is in a perpetual state of organised chaos with files, books, notes and study materials strewn about the space with only the colour coded tabs glued to each pile to lean some semblance of order to it. However his clothing and necessities such as cutlery and the like are usually in better shape.
Significant special belongings: The plain silver ring that he is never without, and his first edition copy of Professor Q. McKinley's Manuel to Ethical Politics.
Level of education: Persistently trained in the Devoir School of Political Science after achieving the prerequisite levels of reading, writing and arithmetic. His study is still underway.
Current job title and description: A trainee in the school of politics and leadership, Gael is tasked with developing and honing his skills as a leader while being tested with increasing rigidity for his candidacy in such roles. If deemed fit for them he will be promoted into leadership, if not he will be reassigned and shuffled out of the way for other candidates.
Name of Employer: The current generation of leaders of the nation of The Faction.

Peaceful or aggressive attitude? Peaceful, Gael would prefer to preserve life when faced with such choices and he seeks to understand the viewpoints of others and make alternatives relevant to them on a personal level rather than simply bulldoze his own over them.
Fighting skills/techniques: With very little combat experience Gael prefers to fight with his head, planning and directing others.
Special skills: A clear thinker with an eye for detail, Gael can plan deeply and widely given enough time to do so.
Weapons of choice: The twin small calibre, five round pistols he keeps on his person separately in a specially made boot holster and in a shoulder holster.
Weakness in combat: Inexperience and a poor shot particularly with his own pistols which have a very short effective range.
Strengths in combat: With his ability to think through and plan out situations he can be quite dangerous with his feet under him and his head clear.

History: Gael was born and raised in the scientific community of The Faction and from an early age showed his aptitude for the political sciences and was quickly placed in the appropriate division training. Since then he has been exposed to various theorists and theories of governance and in doing so become somewhat disillusioned to the current Faction system. However he recognised its necessity and brought his worries to the wider panel explaining his doubts and proposing that an inquiry into alternate measures be undertaken. The panel approved his motion on the provision that he was to be the one to undergo the study and fund it entirely through his own wages, what they did not tell him was that he was also placed under watch for possible treason. However they were to be surprised by his stringent upholding of The Faction's political position. He truly did believe their methods the best available and strove to better them or replace them with ones that could be made so, his openness and passion was rewarded and he now finds himself assigned the Observational Supervisor for the Leonidas Project, one of his first field tests for suitability in Political Management.

Guys... Shall I post again? Or is somebody else going to?

woops! It looks like it's actually my turn to post. I can get one up today.

Unless Ceru wants to post next, eh? eh?

Reactions: Auri
posted! Not much to write between their break away and the alarm sounding. But the mission begins, huzzah!

• Love
LIFE HAS HAPPENED!
The world got crazy busy on me so its slow coming o_o I hope to get the thing written up tonight BUT WE SHALL SEE.

• Love
Reactions: Turtle of Doom
LIFE HAS HAPPENED!
The world got crazy busy on me so its slow coming o_o I hope to get the thing written up tonight BUT WE SHALL SEE.
You're fine <3 I had my first Faction post written up and instead of going to sleep the computer restarted and I can't find it anywhere, so I have to start it over.

• Love