The Rich and the Poor

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just got some dust in my nose, sorry" said Jackson.

Jessica carried with her a belt and two shirts, neither of them red. She only needed a quick survey of the scene in the kitchen, it was not hard to guess what had happened. "Thank you Jackson." She called, leaving the two boys talking while she went on to her room, poking her head in the door "Did you find what you need dear?" But his usually calm demeanor was strangely altered. Hooking the hangers on the outside doorknob she pulled the door closed behind her, shutting out everything else. "Victor, are you alright?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ethan stared at Jackson for a short while before walking out and following Mrs. Conrad to her room. He wanted to ask if he could have a wash with the tap. Well, unless they had another rich way of washing themselves. He chuckled slightly. "Mrs. Conrad. I'm really soaked, I want to wash myself with the taps... please." he asked her as he tapped her on the back.

"Ethan!" She spun on her heal to face the intruder, "Out. I'm coming." already pushing him back out of the room ahead of her. "I'm sorry Victor." She apologized for the boy's interruption, and her sudden departure. As much as she wanted to be there to help and support him, she knew that her husband was perfectly competent himself, while Ethan was requiring a great deal of guidance.

As Jessica left, Logan came out of his hiding place. "Brother" he said giving Victor a stern look. "Logan" said Victor as he pushed the door closed behind him, leaving the two of them alone. He had told Jessica about Logan before, but he was in absolutely no rush for them to meet. As far as Jessica knew, Logan was just another rebel against the society who didn't understand his place. What Victor didn't tell her, was that he was a rebel as well before he made his way into the upper district. That was a tainted image that Victor did not want to reveal to his family.

Logan on the other hand had no interest on interfering with Victor's "new family", but he hated Victor for abandoning his real one. While Victor was living the good life. Logan had to balance both the life of a rebel, and taking care of their father. They could have all made it together, but Victor pushed them down in order to pull himself up.

"
What the hell are you doing here? " asked Victor as he stared at Logan intensely.

"
Giving back to our people, the ones you left behind. You abandoned us all you selfish prick." Logan balled his fists as his anger rose. He didn't plan on fighting Victor, he had already been in the house too long. He had the key cards, now he just needed to leave. "I'm not here to kill you Vic, I'll leave that for another day. I have other business to take care of, now I'd like to leave."

Victor took a step in Logan's direction and balled his fists. "
You have something that belongs to me, and you're not leaving here with it."

Logan didn't have time for this. He pulled a knife from under his jacket and stood in a defensive stance; the knife held pointed in Victor's direction. "
Don't make me kill you Victor."

Victor pulled an identical knife from his waist band under his shirt. The knives had been given to them when the became rebels. "
Looks like you don't have a choice."

((Plz thread dont die on me))

Ethan stared at Ms. Conrad waiting impatiently for an answer. "Well? Can I wash or not?" he said as he stared at her, hoping she would say yes.

"Of course, once I know if these will fit, you may have a shower. Stand still please. Another thing you should know: It is appropriate to knock when someone has closed a door, as opposed to walking in uninvited." While talking, she took each of the shirts in turn, holding them up against Ethan's back to judge the size, shoulder width and length of his torso. Holding both ends of the belt she quickly lifted it in an arc over his head and connected the loop around his waist, making a mental note of the length before letting it loose again. "Jackson? Would you go find a drawstring wasted pair of pajama pants and leave them in the guest…in Ethan's room?" It occurred to her they hadn't even shown Ethan his room yet, and led the way across the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.