The Realm of Rathgaria

If Rathgaria were real, would you side with the Angels or the Demons?

• Angels

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Demons

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethel Harthi "Crow"

Crow was more or less an hour away from the capital, or so she wished. What she really wanted was a warm comfortable bed, a mug of decent tasting ale, and some good ole soup. She had somehow managed to steer clear of any physical trouble as of yet, and despite her previous issues, her luck had turned around. Or so it seemed.

That was until she felt the briefest shake of the earth, which made her stomach turn upside down. Never before had she experienced an earthquake at the capital, let alone the human territory. Warning bells rang through her head, and she hesitated on moving forward despite her stomach and mind protesting. Crow was not one to get involved in pointless danger. Earthquakes meant one of two things, mystical beings were rampaging or some weird phenomenon occurred and more was to come.

Being the logical street rat she was, she assumed nothing for this world was too crazy to take a guess when it depended on your life. So being the bright woman she was, she climbed a tree and decided she would wait it out. She helped herself to the leftover rabbit scraps she had, reasoning that she would be in city tomorrow so she didn't need the extra food because she could always pickpocket or trick an old miser out of his coin.

The small canopy of the lone tree prevented her from seeing sky, but she was not worried about any flying creatures taking her away. If she had counted her days correctly, the blood moon was the only time crazy flying creatures swooped through the night and took poor unsuspecting souls. Since the blood moon was days off, according to her poorly done calculations, she had little to worry about other than bandits, and even then they wouldn't scour the trees for an easy meal. Crossing her legs and tipping her hat over her eyes, she decided a bit of shut eye may do her some good. Poor Ethel couldn't count her days properly, and it turned out that the blood moon was indeed tonight.

"I've seen bigger." Christopher breathlessly stuttered, trying to sound brave. When the Dragon Breath reached the shield, the shield exploded, leaving behind a blue smoke, concealing Christopher. When the smoke dispersed, he was gone.

Christopher was running around the Dragon now. Altering the light around him, he had made it seem like he had teleported somewhere, but he merely made it so that the light around him was impossible to see, making himself invisible. When he was behind the Dragon, he released the spell, making himself visible again. His hand shine with a pure white light, as he readied another spell. He got on one knee and placed his hand on the ground, shining greatly and making a loud bell noise.

He stood up and readied himself as this noise was sure to let the Dragon know where he was.
There was sweat running down Christopher's neck and face.

"These spells are using up all of my energy..." He thought to himself as he grit his teeth.

Jericho noticed the teenager came up missing after the shield of energy had disappeared. He looked around trying to see where Christopher was, but could not find him. Then he heard a bell like noise from behind him. He swung his tail around trying to find his target. He slammed it on the ground, swung it in the air, and slid the tail on the ground trying to find the boy. "You will be found child, whether you think you will win or not" Jericho roared.

Jericho noticed that while fighting the boy the moon was starting to rise as the sky darkened. The moon slowly became red, and the sound of many creatures were being heard around him. This did not concern the dragon as he was busy fighting Christopher.

Christopher wiped the sweat from his brow and dodged the swinging tail. He first jumped over it, then started to run towards the Dragon itself. He slid under the Dragon's legs, and came out in front of the Dragon's face, facing it.

"I'm right here!" He shouted as he pointed at the Dragon's eyes. A blinding flash of pure light emitted from the boy's fingers, aimed right for the Dragon's eyes.

Jericho looked under him to try and find the boy, and then swiftly moved his head back up as the boy was running under him. He looked directly at Christopher when he stopped and shouted. He saw the boy about to cast a spell, one using light. Jericho watched to wait and see what spell it would be, and as soon as it was emitted, he changed forms on the boy and turned back into a human. He stood right in front of the boy, and drew his long swords, "I see you fight well with magic, but your going to work up a heart attack if you keep it up, my dragon like hearing makes it can hear your heart pump."

"now let's see how you fair using that whip in your hand" Jericho stated cockily.

Zeva was walking through the bustling Capitol. The cloaked female of about 5' 5", kept her eyes low but scanning the area. She ignored any advances of conversation from nice civilians and merchants alike. She operated alone and preferred not to even speak to others. This made some assume she was a prideful demon. Well, they had one part right. She was quite prideful.

Her boots barely scuffed dirt off the rough side path she walked on. Zeva's face and two different colored eyes were hidden under her sizeable hood. She found the shabby wooden door she had been seeking. She approached before stopping in front of it. She warily checked behind herself to see that the area was relatively clear. She turned back to the door and knocked on the door in a special way. Six quick raps, two full knocks, finished by four raps at a certain interval. Then Zeva stepped back.

There were sounds of heavy footsteps approaching before the door opened to reveal a stocky dwarf man with a battle axe. He lowered the axe upon recognizing Zeva. "Ah. Well if it isn't my reptilian friend. Enter, sweetheart."he spoke gruffly.

A slight smile appeared on her face, barely visible in he shadow of her hood. She took a step and entered the darkened room. The dwarf had moved to allow her to enter before closing the door. As the dopr closed, Zeva pulled her hood down to finally reveal her face and black mane like hair. Some of the sketchy looking people sitting at tables and a bar in the small building looked up to her before looking back to their drinks or friends.

The cloaked, young looking woman sat on an empty wooden stool at the bar. Once seated, a glass of cold whiskey was pushed in front of jer wordlessly by the bartender. She quietly thanked the bartender, a dirty looking demon man. She was a regular and did some dirty work for the people here so drinks were always on the house. She picked up the glass and drank deeply before setting down, but not releasing, the now half full glass.

A parchment was set in front of her, causing her to look up to the bartender who set it there with his clawed hands. "What's this?"she asked, voice quite smooth and a bit feminine, but still prideful.

"An invitation. A new guild is opening. You always seem interested in odd jobs and brotherhoods, thought you should see this."he said, voice quite beastly and not unlike a growl.

Raising her glass and taking another sip of the potent alcohol, she began to read the paper. Once done reading she commented, "Near Badlands, hmm. My old stomping grounds. I'll check it out."she said, downing her drink in a few gulps.

"It says air transport is offered. But one of your kind won't need that."the bartender added as he refilled her glass.

"Of course. I won't be needing such services."Zeva spoke as she folded and pocketed the paper. She pulled out an empty flask and handed it to the demon before taking another sip of her drink.
The bartender began to fill the flask. "Anything new?"Zeva asked.
"Just the usual."the bartender replied absently as he cleaned a mug with a tattered rag.

Zeva nodded in acknowledgement and downed the rest of her drink before releasing a satisfied sigh. Then she stood up and put her hood back up. "Leaving so soon?"the bartender asked with a small animal like grin.
"Indeed. You know me."Zeva replied, her own half smile slightly visible.
"Right. The woman who can handle conversation in doses. More of one of actions, not words."the bartender added, amused to a degree.

Zeva nodded before offering a small wave goodbye. With that she was off. She exited the building, and eventually the Capitol. Once she was a good distance away she shifted into a large, black badland dragon and began to fly towards where the parchment specified.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christopher was breathing heavily. He watched as the dragon had negated his spell by turning back into his human form. He readied his Chain Whip, holding the handle end with his right arm, and holding the bladed end with his left.

His feet moved into a fighting stance and he smiled, tiredly.

"B-bring it on.." He tried to shout, but his voice was tired and low.

Jericho unsheathed his swords and swung them in a circular motion, they were dual edged long swords with an insane length of 59 inches long. They were made of black cold steel, the pommel was heavy to balance out the weight evenly, and had a guard in the shape of a dragons claw to help knock an enemies sword out of their hands. The strength of the cold steel long swords was immense and dense. Being that Jericho's heritage include a mother with elemental powers, he was able to change up the durability of the metal the swords were made of.

Jericho grinned slightly devilishly, and spoke, " Let me caution you before we start in weapon to weapon combat, if I can even get my hands on that whip, I will toss you, don't let that happen." It was in fact true, his heritage from his father gave him immense strength as a human, the same amount of strength as his dragon form. This made him a dangerous foe to handle. "I will give you the head start this time" he had a smile, a bright smile that shown his teeth, some where dragon like.

Christopher smiled. His Chain Whip hummed a little as a began to swing it in a wide circle, gaining speed and momentum.

"Good, he thinks he can lay a finger on my Chain Whip." Chris thought to himself. He jumped into the air and swung the whip at Jericho, the blade seemed to have a mind of its own as it was aimed precisely for the man's head. "I'm making myself look more skilled than I really am.." Chris thought.
The blade shined, seeming to emit a light...

Jericho swiftly brought his blades up to knock the bladed chain away. Jericho was going to have fun with this, if he could only stab into the chain to catch it. He had to be accurate and he had to be precise and watch the boys movements to catch it. Being that the chain was aimed directly at his own head, shows the kid has some skills.

Then after knocking the blade away, he dashed towards Christopher, his swords in a backwards grip. This gave him some speed, as the blades cut through the air, giving him some aerodynamics. When he got closer he pulled his swords in a forward grip and sliced in a diagonal motion with his left arm, holding his right arm back in case if he had to make a defensive move.

Zeva, now in her large black dragon form, had been flying for a few minutes when she slowed. A thought came to her mind. She sort of hovered in the air, powerful wings flapping occasionally to keep her in one general spot. "Did I seriously forget to see Martes to return that artifact for a few coins?! Damn...That's the reason for venturing to the place, but instead you went to the bar and got sidetracked...That's rather unlike me. Oh well, I shall go back."she thought her herself.

Frustrated, she flew the half hour or so back to the capitol, landing and shifting a good distance away. She had to lean up against a tree for support as she caught her breath. She brought a hand up to her temples. "Ack, this drawback to shifting..."she mumbled to herself angrily, as she often did. Because she was quite the loner, mumbling to herself wasn't uncommon considering she was her own company.

Zeva pulled her flask from her pocket and took a small sip before pocketing it again. "Ah...I needed that."she commented to herself, glad for the little buzz from the alcohol. Extra strong whiskey, just as she liked it. Though she was a relatively small woman, she could certainly hold her alcohol.

Zeva climbed the tree she had been leaning against. She was usually quite agile but she was a bit sluggish now. Once up in a branch about ten or twelve feet off the ground, she sat down with her back against the trunk of the tree. There Zeva pulled out some deer jerky she had cooked after a particular successful hunt. Now only a few pieces remained. "Yet another thing to do. For a wanderer you'd think life would be rather easy..."she said quietly.

She made a mental note to hunt soon as she began to gnaw on the chewy meat. As she ate and rested, Zeva pulled out the folded parchment and read the guild advertisement again, and then another time. Once done eating and resting, she packed up the parchment and the whiskey flask that had made another reappearance, and then she jumped from the tree, landing with a nice roll before standing. She lightly brushed herself off before beginning to walk back to the capitol.

Christopher created a small Light Shield at the last moment before the blade could cut him. There was a small explosion as the blade bounced off of the shield, leaving a large crack. Christopher landed, and regained his Chain Whip's balance. The shield shattered, leaving nothing but a few magical shards falling to the ground. Christopher swung his whip again at Jericho, from the right. The blade went far behind the man. Chris was planning on having the chain wrap around him, restraining him front movement, and also the blade would swing in and finish it.

Throughout his actions, Christopher was thinking.
"..My action are getting slower.. That shield should've been up sooner.."

When the sword bounced off of the shield of light that was instantly displayed as an object, the small explosion the clash created knocked Jericho backwards slightly. Then when he noticed the boy try and swing his bladed chain again, it was coming from Christopher's right sided direction, Jericho dropped a sword to grab some of the earthen materials, and use it as a shield for his hand, as he gripped just before the start of the blade.

This was Jericho's accuracy skill at work, using his elemental powers that his mother had given him, and the skills he had learned to fight with to survive. He had timed it just right in fact as well, he had been watching the blade move around since he had started fighting Christopher in human form. "You are accurate indeed, since that first sling of your bladed chain. But your skill has been dwindling over the course of the fight, my skills and that dwindling helped me catch your whip. You need endurance training child" Jericho had explained to Christopher. Then he yanked the bladed whip towards him, bringing Christopher directly in front of Jericho, catching him by the throat and spoke in a dark voice, "I am a lenient person when it comes to challenging people to a fight, but when its a life or death fight, I would have killed you, and don't you forget it." He released the boy and his whip and spoke like nothing ever happened,"Have a good day then."

Christopher grit his teeth. It wasn't supposed to end like that.
"What happened..? T-The spell didn't work... I should've drai-" He was thinking. But then he realized something.

He looked up. The moon was... red..

"S-Sir!" He shouted, directed at Jericho. He was pointing at the crimson red moon.

The air had an ominous feeling about it..

Last edited:
Jericho looked up at the moon, "Ooh a blood moon, now things are getting more interesting. This is something I like, now where are the monsters at?" Jericho was ready to fight even more, since a blood moon had risen that is. "It's been so long since i last saw a blood moon" He stated drawing his one sword from the ground and swinging both of them in a circle at once. They whirred in the air, giving off a whistling sound this time. Jericho was pumped up, fighting the undead, and even the legendary Witch Queen. Jericho wanted to fight the Witch Queen severely, mainly since she had taken the bones of some of his old fellow dragons.

He watched at a young age when the witch queen had slaughtered some of the dragons he called friends, but he could not do anything about it at that time, his lightning breathing capabilities could not work. So he flew away at a fast pace, trying to get away as fast as he could. Now this time was different, he could change forms, wield weapons, control the elements around him, and even breath different elements when in the right area. When Jericho would face the witch queen, would be when he would avenge his long forgotten dragon brothers from back then.

The Blood Moon's power is at it's fullest. Night has fallen and the cursed monsters have been released from their prison. The Witch Queen will be drawn towards areas of high population. Capitols beware. If the Witch Queen arrives, her dark aura will cause monsters to go to her like moths to a flame. Lich can rend ones soul from their body if given the chance, and large amounts of pounding on the ground will attract Death Worms. Undead Legions are rising on battlefields, stay away from them at all costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.