The Pheraxis Saga: Lichdom OOC/Interest Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would most assuredly count as good persuasion, and would be very appreciated. Though she would be just as likely to secret said bag away in exchange for a favor owed, especially if she knew and 'trusted' the person who would owe the favor. She's very flexible in terms of payment for certain people.
Orrib can indeed deal in favours, and as a gentleman he is obliged to keep his word.

Also, he would have no interest in her Dolls, as he has not felt that kind of desire in centuries, but he would recognize Lorna as a powerful potential ally, so it would be good for him to stay on her good side.

Sounds delightful, and even though he may not be interested in her or her Dolls in an intimate way, if he does indeed prove to be a gentleman and is willing to pay with both coin and favors, I'm sure Lorna would be more then willing to supply him with a place to rest away from the sun and possibly blood should he need it for either sustenance or spells.

Name: Illya Falskarr.
Race: Human.
Appearance:
rune_mage_by_armandeo64-d4kgdew.jpg

Illya is a somewhat well built woman standing around average height. She has coarse, blond hair with emerald green eyes. The armor she wears is mainly just for decoration and to intimidate, it holds little actual defensive abilities. It is surprisingly light, and quite flexible. The skirt she wears falls to just above her feet, revealing dark boots to any who would care to look. At her waist rest her two spellbooks and a pouch for carrying miscellaneous things. One thing that most people would notice, is that her lower arms are horribly scarred beyond what any healing could do for them. The scarring covers all of her hands, and stops just below her elbows. Her first, and only time she got burned, quite literally, on a deal with a demon. She has a another scar on her abdomen about the size of a large sword.

Calling: Diabolist
Equipment: Illya carries two magic books with her at all times. Aside from holding many secrets and rituals of dark magic, they act as a very good focus for summoning demons. She normally carries them at her sides. The armor she wears, if you could call it that, she gained after prying it off a demon who thought it would be a funny idea to trick her after making a deal. She wears it as more of a trophy as a testament to her abilities.
Affiliation: She is a reluctant member of the Syndicate. While she appreciates what they are trying to do for those who practice similar arts as hers, she wants little to do with them. She is loyal to them so long as they do not interfere with her own agenda.

Personality: Illya is proud, arrogant, and extremely confident in her abilities. Cold and calculating, She dislikes nonsense of any kind, and does not associate herself with such people unless she absolutely has too. The only reason she would, is for magical artifacts and other such things that pique her interest. She however, is a woman of her word, more or less. If she tells you that she is going to do it, she will do it.

She keeps mostly to herself, as ever since she was kidnapped she has done everything herself and relies very little on others, but understands the necessity of a good ally and loyalty to her allies. She does have a bit of a sadistic side, should you anger her. She will make her enemies suffer.

Biography: Illya, was once, in fact a member of the Inquisition, or at least she was expected to become one. Her parents were, and she was expected to follow in their footsteps she was trained at a young age to be a member. However, while her family was moving to the capital, they were attacked by a group of Diabolist cultists. Her parents fought, but were eventually beaten due to being simple outnumbered three to one. They murdered her parents, and kidnapped her, intending to use her as a sacrifice in some dark ritual.

The cultists locked her away with a few other kidnapped kids, intending on using all of them in the ritual. She was the last ones blood to be spilled. They bound in the middle of the magic circle, and stabbed her through her stomach with a ceremonial sword, causing her to slowly bleed out. As the cultists reached the height of their ritual, Illya managed to get up enough strength and stand, and made a grab at the only thing she could see. A book sitting on a pedestal where the leader was reading from. As she grabbed it, a voice rang out inher head offering her power, and freedom, all she had to do was use her magic to summon it from the nether realm.

What happened next is a bit of a blur to her, but it forever changed her. The cultists were all dead, and she was alive but, bore a large scar on her stomach. Afterwards she turned her back on the Inquisitors and their teachings, instead studying the dark arts of Demonolgy.

She cares little for what is going on with the world, and even less with the alliance. However, she is all for bringing Garibaldi down a peg, if just to prove her own power.

Didn't go for the crazy masochist. Went for the bitchy power hungry Diabolist. Tell me if something needs to be changed~

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Red Rabbit
Sounds delightful, and even though he may not be interested in her or her Dolls in an intimate way, if he does indeed prove to be a gentleman and is willing to pay with both coin and favors, I'm sure Lorna would be more then willing to supply him with a place to rest away from the sun and possibly blood should he need it for either sustenance or spells.
I feel this is the beginning of a beautiful partnership.

@Andalais Ah, Dark Fantasy was the only category that really fit it, but I see it in a sort of fantasy-modern world. Modern world with electricity and such, but with fantasy weapons including flintlock and clockwork guns (like the ones in Fable 2).

As for your second question, clothing reduces the effect the sun has on vampires, but they will always die if they're out in broad daylight for too long. Cloud cover works the same way, though shadows cast by solid objects are completely safe for vampires.

So, steampunk? Anyway, character time. I refuse to change my calling or race because I only just noticed Andalais' CS. I might even propose a shared character history if you'll have it.

Appearance:
bloodmage.jpg

As young as the day he was turned, Sitis retains the youth and beauty of a 24 year old, which is often what makes the hunt all that easier when it comes to the enraptured female prey. Rarely is he seen without his gleaming silver (reinforced with steel) talons, which serve him many uses, from throat-slitters to objects of discipline for his werewolf slaves to legitimate weapons, which gives him the look of a true monster. His typical garb is that of royalty, coats and vests and jackets of the sort, always keeping with the fashions of the times to make him even more appealing to the unsuspecting. However, rather than gold filling his pockets (he has no use for it where he resides, nor anywhere else), two bottles of blood, tightly sealed and preserved to retain flavor, are always kept on his person to stave off hunger when times are desperate. But most terrifying about him are his eyes. When gorged on blood, they gleam a bright and glowing red. When his thirst arises, they fade to a golden-yellow that glows only in the dark of night.
Name: Sitis (formerly Alistair Jonathan Duquesne. He chose a new name to help build his terrifying reputation)
Race: Vampire (formerly Human)
Calling: Master Hemomancer
Equipment: Only his silver claws and a quarter-inch thick plate of steel covering his heart adorn his persona, and both are more than enough for offensive and defensive purposes. Rarely will he pick up a pistol, and the days have long gone by where he will even glance at a sword or spear. Where his claws fail, his powers are more than enough.
Affiliation: Completely and utterly malevolent, Sitis bends his knee to no one. But while the Ivory Inquisition is his mortal enemy (they've tried time and again to take his territory, to endless failure), he also recognizes the potential danger of the Syndicate, and only recently has he taken any open action against them. Primarily? Allowing the Lich Garibaldi to move soldiers into regions under Sitis' control so long as he and his armies do not disrupt the lives of his sheep, and he himself has yet to pledge true allegiance to the Lich, and may be willing to join the forces of good if offered a good deal.
Personality: Cruel, violent, and utterly evil, Sitis is by no means insane. To the contrary, he has full knowledge of the consequences and pains his actions cause. He simply can't bring himself to care without breaking down into laughter. He never acts out in anger, but is not without moments of cold wrath. When the peasantry he controlled attempted to revolt, he slaughtered and drained every second man in the village and crippled every third in some way, sparing children to replace their fallen fathers and continue the growth of his blood-farm. All without a bellow, all in one blow. Sitis is, to possibly the fullest extent, a sociopath, and laughs at the notion of kindness. He fears nothing and cares little for activity outside of his miniature kingdom. While once he may have feared the Reaper, with immortality in the palm of his hand Sitis fears no death, the steel plate meant only as backup insurance if (9 Circles forbid) his natural strength or magic failed him. By principle, he despises the Inquisition, and most of it's members are butchered upon entering his lands. He will allow some to journey safely across his lands if given a prior request, on the condition they bother none of his sheep, request nothing they are undeserving of, and leave as soon as possible. He has little time for the Syndicate, and rarely takes up issue with Artemis' agents, even in the time he has allowed Garibaldi to rest on his lands (so long as they cause no trouble). For the Lich himself, Sitis has no love nor enmity. He simply knows a powerful creature when he sees one, and isn't willing to risk his life for his pride.
Biography: Alistair always spoke, even as a boy, of a life without the feudal rulers of the era. Of a wise king, fair yet stern, just but powerful. And when he discovered his hemomancy, he set out to make himself such a king. He butchered the local lord's personal army, leading a mob of emboldened and angry civilians. Once the lord was dead, Alistair was made king by the hundreds of peasants behind him, declaring his region an independent state. But just like any other story in history, what was once well intentioned fell apart so quickly. Realizing his powers relied on blood and wishing to completely consolidate power, he violently collected sacrifices from his new subjects, draining them and gathering his strength. Alistair even imposed a blood tax, requiring a living tribute from every family in his kingdom per 10 years. On the eve of the first sacrifice, the king that once ruled Alistair's new land rode down with an army, soon joined by the oppressed peasants. While they were no match for the vastly powerful Alistair (the official king even impaled on a spike of his own blood), an arrow struck him in the chest, requiring effort to extract and heal. While this itself was of no issue, it reminded him of how mortal he really was.

This in mind and his potential empire crumbling around him, Alistair wandered the world. When Alchemists failed to produce an Elixir of Life, he bled them dry. When Diabolists laughed at him, he cut out their tongues. When all magic spare his own failed, when all of his hopes were lost, he found him. A vampire. This one had followed Alistair for years, watching the boy as he became a man and determined that he was worthy of the gift, the grandest gift of all: Eternal life. Alistair accepted without condition, and awoke a month later as one of the Undead. Together, he and the one who turned him ruled the night together for decades, never slowing, never starving, and always feared. But over time, the master got greedy. He wanted more and more blood, and almost got them both killed one night when he clumsily attempted to drain an entire tavern, which the owner had come prepared for, enlisting the help of local Inquisitioners to capture and kill the vampires, who, unprepared for the massive trap set, barely escaped. Alistair (by now more widely known by the name Sitis), ever pragmatic, eliminated the elder while he slept in the day, deeming him too old for the earth. There and then he truly became what he is now: One of, if not the most powerful vampire in all of Pheraxis. He was 345 at the time.

For another century he was without a permanent domicile. During this period, he turned, drank, and otherwise murdered hundreds, gaining a hefty reputation with the Ivory Inquisition, and bounties worth fortunes most kings would envy. But over time, he grew tired of the rampage, and chose a nice region of land to farm rather than to salt and burn, taking up residence in and renovating a large but abandoned cathedral. By farm, the vampire plucked dozens from the good score of villages and large towns spanning his newly claimed lands. However, it was not merely raw power and the small servant force of werewolves (most of the Cursed variety, taken from the populace and turned by three Naturals that Sitis had brought into his service earlier. During the day, they serve the needs of his house. By night, they usually lock themselves in well-made cells. Unless their services are required, be it meal retrieval, assassination, or defense of the home) that forced the villagers to his side. By that time the Ivory Inquisition had a reputation for seizing crops and goods from local peoples as well as forcing them to house soldiers, all for "the good of the Crusade." With Sitis as their leader, the people of the region never feared corrupt Inquisitioners ever again. If anything, they welcomed them. It would spare any natives the new fear of being on Sitis' weekly menu...

Hm... @WitchesRayvyn would it be alright if Callawyn and Lorna had some history? Particularly in the trade of information about assassination targets and valuable objects? A good rogue always needs a Source and a Fence, and Madam Vixen seems quite suited to be his Source.

Might post a sheet up here soon. Seems to have some life to it.

Do we have a location setting? Or a country idea?

@Mr. V I must admit, I was a bit upset at first at what kind of character you had made. It felt as if you had pulled a "yeah-i'm-that-too-except-stronger-and-better-than-you". But now that I've actually read through it, I really like it. He's an excellent rival for Orrib. What did you have in mind when you mentioned shared history?

@Mr. V I must admit, I was a bit upset at first at what kind of character you had made. It felt as if you had pulled a "yeah-i'm-that-too-except-stronger-and-better-than-you". But now that I've actually read through it, I really like it. He's an excellent rival for Orrib. What did you have in mind when you mentioned shared history?

You were turned by a vampire you never saw before and never saw again. Nuff said.

You were turned by a vampire you never saw before and never saw again. Nuff said.
Oh. Well that was easy. Alright, that would be interesting.

Also, I'm sorry, but I will never be able to see your character as anyone but Vladimir from League of Legends as long as you use that picture .H.

@Andalais Yes, I do believe this could be the beginning of a very profitable partnership. @Thomas McTavish I'm sure Lorna would be more then happy to serve as Callawyn's Source, and I'm sure with enough incentive, she would be willing to be the middle woman between him and his various Fences, since it would of course bring her more business.

Finally found a good sigil of House Rhovanion. Can you imagine how hard it is to find noble sigils that are not from Game of Thrones? I'll add it to my CS.
CastleLadyHawkBannerBurgund.jpg

Also, since duchies were quite autonomous during Orrib's time as duke, the duchy of Torin even had their own coins, nowadays called Rhovanion coins. These coins carry the Rhovanion hawk and barely exist anymore, since they were melted down and turned into other things when the Rhovanion family no longer ruled Torin. The gold in them is worth quite a bit in itself, but since they are considered relics, genuine Rhovanion coins are worth a fortune. Of course, Orrib has a whole lot of them in his castle. Well, at least compared to how many exist. He has about two hundred of them.

How do you know if it's genuine?

Magic.

Now, I have one question: Who the bloody hell are the Old Ones, and how do I get in touch?

• Love
Reactions: Wanderfool
Appearance: As a human, Eleanor is well fed and plump, almost motherly despite her youth. Activities outside of her remote home keep her healthy and active, though she could afford to lose a few pounds. This carries over to her other form as well, though its hard to tell.
Shifted she looks like:
2d98hew.png

Name
: Eleanor Stone.

Race
: A lycanthrope. Anthropomorphic wolf. Coupling of a woman and werewolf.

Calling
: Druid. (Form of Witchcraft)
. Not a stranger to the diseases and poisons of the natural world, more than capable of neutralizing even the most necrotic and toxic of poisons within a few minutes given the concentration.

Equipment
: Often little more than a leather satchel or two that she wears with a single shoulder strap that bounces off her hip or rear as she walks. A small dagger made of animal bone, gleams on its edges showing its far sharper than any other bone should be able to be sharpened. The blade sits tucked into her belt or in a leather pouch that's hooked onto her belt. The blade is also her focus for many spells she knows, as well as natural rituals, and the mixing of various potions, salves, and poultices. Eleanor does not need to be holding her focus to make use of it.

Affiliation
: Eleanor considers herself a neutral party in this ever chaotic world, though her understanding of its politics and war is to hardly be viewed as correct. Only bits and pieces of information has allowed her to piece together how it may seem.
Being neutral avows her to heal anyone, be they Syndicate or Ivory Inquisition. In doing so she is well trusted, if nothing more than for not making an enemy of either side.

Personality
: Eleanor is an often quiet person, having no one but herself to talk to for months on end at times, if not longer. Though when given company she is quick to chatter and pester with as many questions as her mind can come up with, news of the world, information on her kind, any word from distant friends, things of that nature. This can quickly put her at odds with anyone unfortunate lucky enough to injure themselves in the forest she calls home, even if its inhabitants are quick to murder, maim, or otherwise destroy anything that does not belong in their vast forested home.

Just because she is oft alone does not mean she is quick to befriend, quite the contrary, if the need arises hesitation to defend herself would've left her for fertilizer years ago. Her blade is sharp, hasn't hit a rib yet, and her garden is well fertilized year round.

Biography:
Born of the pairing of a wandering werewolf and her destitute mother, Eleanor never knew her father, who left soon after bedding her soon to be pregnant mother. Left to raise a child that could give many cause enough to kill them both she fled, a small shack in the forest, away from prying eyes and inquisitive intervention, she raised the little girl as her own. Each of them learning how to live from the world around them as time passed and the child grew into a young woman.

Her mother passed many years ago, though details are hazy, and Eleanor has yet to tell anyone how it happened. The only marker remaining is a gravestone pressed into an old oak tree, and a circle of stones that the roots are beginning to push up at the base of some ancient tree.

Through teachings of her mother and a natural attunement with the living world through her beast blood has enabled her to draw on the world's own strength to empower her magical abilities.

A life alone is a hard life to live, though visitors come, and passerbys go, Eleanor is ever aware of the pang in her stomach that she is reminded daily that she is alone deep in her forested home. This has caused a certain attachment to local flora and fauna, namely the trees themselves, and all who would be apart of the web of life that they help support. Using magic and simple learned knowledge to heal withered or diseased plants, and to continuously plant new trees at the forests edge, ever expanding her home.

((Edited to avoid WALL OF TEXT Syndrome))

Now, I have one question: Who the bloody hell are the Old Ones, and how do I get in touch?
I think by definition, the Old One's don't give out their numbers.

They just happen to find yours..

I have an rp wrapping up. Would it be ok to wait and possibly jump in later? If be making a crusader for the Ivory Inquisition, of course.

@Rune Alchemist
@Mr. V
Accepted! I'll have the character listing posted to the OP and the first IC post up within a couple of days.

The Old Ones are inspired from Lovecraftian myths; eldritch horrors that mere mortals were never meant to gaze upon. They work beyond our plane, and as such are treated like dark gods by those who don't know their true nature. They revel in chaos and corruption, though they will rarely interfere directly unless they get bored.

@Windsong
Your biography's a little short; What has she done since she grew up? How has she used her magic? What exactly is the scope of her magic? She's a good character, and I'm thrilled to see that you're combining elements to fit your character's needs, but what I'm missing is how it fits together. How does a druid combine elements of Witchcraft, Necromancy, and Sorcery? I'm sure I could think of some ways, but it's your character and I'd like to hear it from your perspective. :)

I have an rp wrapping up. Would it be ok to wait and possibly jump in later? If be making a crusader for the Ivory Inquisition, of course.
Of course! Chances are this RP will still be accepting long after it's been started. New people entering in at later times spices things up, you know?

Wonderful news! I'm very much looking forward to seeing this RP get off the ground.

@Rune Alchemist Kidnapped by Diabolists? Summoned a demon? I smell potential drama! Is it okay if Psykano and Ilya become sworn enemies (or allies) later on in the RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.