The Peace Maker

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Rue thought for a while as they walked, "well Ivish loves cherry and nut cake, if we make that he'd be more susceptible to coming along." She said grinning, "and i like potato salad, And we'll have to bring some treats for the horses." She thought out loud, she looked at Emmica 'what about you? What would you like to bring?"

Emmica thought for a moment about what she would like to bring. "I think a loaf of bread and some herb butter would be nice, oh and a hunk of cheese as well, maybe some sliced meats or jerk." She said as she thought of her usual list when she went on a picnic. "We should probably ask to have this all prepared so that we can just leave after the office is done, Telling him last minute might make things take longer." She said, mumbling slightly as she started to think more about the picnic.

Rue nodded in agreement, "that sounds yum, and yeah we should tell Arty (the chef) now." She started to walk downstairs where she knew he'd already be in the kitchen. She turned to look at Emmica, "so what has to be done in Ivish's office?"

Emmica followed Rue down that stairs and gave a smal sigh before laughing it off a bit. "Everything. It needs to be dusted and aired out and the files need to be put back in place. It'll be a lot of work but I think we can get it done fast enough." She said as she looked to Rue.

Rue nodded and smiled, "we'll have it done quick enough, we've got the right incentive." Once they had reached the kitchen and informed Arty of what they would like made, Rue turned to Emmica and waited for her to lead the way to the office. "Its going to be hard to convince Ivish to let us go, and even if he does he'll probably insist on a number of guards." She sighed a little, "i wish he wasn't so nervous though i understand why."

Emmica lead the way to the office quietly as she nodded her head at Rue. "Yes but unfortunately my people have given him a reason to be nervous. Anyway, let's hurry and get the office done, that way we have more time to enjoy the day and the picnic." She said as she quickened her pace a bit as they approched the office.

Rue nodded, and quickened her pace to match Emmica's. She opened the door and glanced around, it did seem like a big job but she was sure they'd have it done soon enough. She turned to look at Emmica, "so what should we do first?"

Ivish heard the voices of Rue and Emmica and hurried to join them, they were just entering a room when he caught up to them. He pulled Rue into a hug and bowed to Emmica, "good morning you two." He noticed the dusty room, "are you fixing up this room? I'll help."

Emmica was about to answer when Ivish appeared. She smiled at him politely and looked back to the room. "That would be great Ivish, we need to open the window and get this room aired out, as well as dusted." She said as shed walked in and opened the curtains, She coughed for a moment as a cloud of dust poofed into the air around her.

Rue laughed as Emmica was covered in dust, "you look like a very dirty feather duster." She stepped in and opened the windows, then reached for a duster she found atop the desk. She started dusting and was soon dustier than Emmica, she laughed at this again and kept dusting. She was in a great mood this morning, and couldn't wait to go on this picnic.

Ivish laughed along with Rue but added, "you're a pretty feather duster though." He smiled and stepped beside Emmica, "what shall i do?" He asked because the only job he could see was file sorting and that wouldn't do, Rue clearly hadn't noticed or she'd switch with him.

Emmica laughed along with them and blushed a bit as Ivish's comment, unlocking and opening the window quickly before she turned to face Ivish and dust herself off at the exact same time. "Well, You can help me with the papers or you can help Rue with the dusting...there might be another duster around her somewhere." She said as she glanced around a moment. "Anyway, for noy you can help me find out what is what, all this dust has made it impossible to know what anything is, especially any papers."

Ivish motioned to the stack of papers on the desk, "there's most of you papers." He smiled and went in search of another duster, finding one he came back and dusted the papers clean. He then looked around for any others, he found a few on the ground and some on another table. Picking them up he cleaned them and placed them all in a neat pile. He turned to Emmica and smiled, "better?" He too was in a good mood this morning, though he didn't quite know why.

Rue had soon dusted half the room, and was sneezing a lot as the dust was swept into the air.

Emmica smiled at him and nodded her head as she laughed a bit. "Yes that is much better, thank you." She said as she looked over the papers quietly and started to sort them as the other two dusted. When Rue sneezed loudly she turned to her and laughed a bit.

"You alright? the dust isn't getting to be to much for you is it?" She asked as she sorted a few more papers away into the desk and other places around the room.

Rue laughed, "I'm fine." As soon as she said it she sneezed again, causing her to laugh again. She and Ivish soon had the room sparkling clean, setting down her dust she moved closer to Emmica "whats next maestro?" She asked smiling, at this rate they'd be out on that picnic sooner than expected.

Ivish happily dusted, as he thought of his orders that he'd deliver soon. That afternoon he planned to ride to Dartith and deliver supplies to his struggling people, he knew Rue would insist on coming and he was glad. He glanced at Emmica and wondered if she'd like to come as well.

Emmica smiled as the room quickly came together, though she was still filing away all the papers that had been left out. " Well we still need to get these papers put away and probably give the floor a good sweeping before we are done. So if you want to find a broom and do the sweeping you can Rue." She said as she smiled at her and continued to put away papers.

Rue nodded and set off to fetch the broom, upon her return Ivish walked over and held out his hands "I'll do the sweeping Pixie." She looked at him oddly for a moment, knowing that sweeping was his most hated chore. Ivish gave her a meaningful look, and realizing that the only jobs left were sweeping and sorting papers. She gave him a sheepish smile and relinquished the broom. Then she moved closer to Emmica and started to help her sort the files.

Ivish returned her smile and started to sweep, working hard until the floor sparkled.

Emmica continued to sort the papers, taking note that ivish didn't seem to like the idea of going near them. She'd have to get him over the fact since he'd be seeing a lot more paperwork from now on. Eventually, with all three of them working together, the whole office was clean, prim, and ready for Ivish to move in whenever he liked. Emmica smiled a little more before she looked to the other two happily.

"Finally, we're done..." She said, before her stomach gave a loud growl of hunger.

A blush floated to her cheeks and she laughed shyly for a second before she shrugged her shoulder.

"Guess I should have eaten breakfast."

Rue laughed and nudged Emmica, "we won't need breakfast remember?" She asked grinning, now was the time to ask Ivish's attendance. She couldn't wait until they were out there, she always felt her happiest on a horse. Her mouth was watering, from the delicious smells wafting up from the kitchen

Ivish looked at them both oddly, particularly Rue who was grinning from ear to ear. He sighed in a sort of annoyed way, but he was smiling "alright you two what are you scheming about?" He too smelt the food and grinned as he recognized the smell of cherry and nut cake, one of his favorites. He turned to Rue, grinning now "okay Pixie what do you want?" Rue usually only had Arty make that when he was depressed or she wanted something, and he wasn't depressed.

Emmica chukled a bit as it seemed that Ivish had figured it out. She cleared her throat a bit and looked up at him with a soft smile.

"Well, Rue and I were talking and we both agreed that a nice picnic would help relax us a bit. I know a place that is nice and quiet and we should ba able to enjoy ourselves a bit. Also before we actually had the picnic we could take a small ride around and enjoy this lovely day." She said softly and politely as she shuffled her feet a bit. "I'm sure that you have to agree that stress has been high around here and a bit of fresh air is the best remedy that I can think of."

Ivish frowned and looked at them seriously, "are you sure that's a good idea?" He had to admit a day of riding and a picic sound great, but what about the attacks on his guards? What if they were attacked? He wasn't worried about himself, but he was worried about Rue and Emmica. Although today would be the perfect opportunity to unveil Rue's surprise, he stood there thinking for a while.

Rue stood there and waited patiently, she could practically see the thoughts running around in Ivish's mind. She hoped he'd relent, she knew he was worried but she really wanted to go and have a nice happy day.

"I know you are worried about that attacks that happened to the guards but I will not let that happen while I'm around. I'm certain the people won't do anything drastic today, especially if my speech had any effect on them. Besides, opening up a little wouldn't hurt Ivish, and I'm certain we could all use the break." Emmica said as she looked up at him, her hand reach out to grab his shyly. "I'd also like to show you the country side, it is very lovely..." She mumbled softly.