The New Son of Kronos

:) Thank you, TC. Misunderstood swordsman with a pretty cool image, based off of your description.

If no one else joins over the next couple of days, I'll make another character so I can start the IC. Which I promise to be a girl, 'cause there is only one right now. xD

You'd better consider making this a 1 on 1 then... I want to get Zale's CRUNK on, and party with these egyptian cotton clad honies that are most certainly in Greece!

XD I was convinced to let it go on, Jumi. Even if I don't get enough players. I have 1 or 2 others that are at least interested. I'll work on an IC over the week and a little profile for Cyril. I'm not going to give up until it's entirely hopeless. >:3

It would be a shame to let these kickass characters go to waste anyway...

http://space-kitten.org/iwaku/showthread.php?t=2316&p=73608#post73608

Started the IC sooner than I thought. It's been a good, productive day online and in real life for me! :D Also put in a tidbit on Cyril up above along with a short list of creatures will encounter. I'll probably add more later.

Feel free to tell me if you want anything special to happen to your character or if you want to fight anything or anyone specifically.

If anyone wants seafood, they'd best bump into Zale. He's about to go hog wild. : D

They shall all meet up after TC posts. :3

EDIT: Aaand Ramses/Damned has decided to join! *Crosses Hermes off the list*

Name and its meaning: Cyllenius ("born on Mount Cyllene")

God Parent: Hermes

Physical Age: Around 16 or 17

Sex: Male

Appearance:
images

Personality: Generally easy-going and mild-mannered. Nothing much seems to bother Cyllenius. He just lets the everyday snags and frustrations that sometimes get the best of people roll right off his back. Something of a daydreamer, he can go off into his own little world at times, particularly when he's bored or nothing particularly interesting is happening. While he can seem a bit goofy at times, he has quite a sharp mind, although you wouldn't usually know it from his short attention span. He's warm towards most people, even those he hasn't known for very long, and has somewhat of a tendency towards being a practical joker.
Strengths: Cyllenius is a talented runner and possesses above average stamina and endurance. He is used to running up and down hills and valleys all day long, so he is not likely to get tired from most kinds of physical activity. His mind frequently locks on to what he considers the most important details of a given piece of information, committing them to memory so that he can easily recall them later. He takes naturally to being around animals, and has a way of getting along with practically everybody.

Weaknesses: While running long distances is his cup of tea, he possess little to no upper body strength, making him next to useless in a fistfight. If things get heated, he is not very likely to stick around if it means there is a chance of him getting hurt. He will probably have made a quick escape at the first sign of trouble, moving on to the next stop on the road without anyone having the slightest idea where he went. Cyllenius also has the bad habit of not always being the best listener. At times, what other people are saying seems to go right over his head, leading him to make brash, reckless decisions.

Powers: Although he has the body and athletic skills of a marathon runner, as the son of the messenger of the gods, he is capable of reaching speeds impossible for any other mortal. He can run at preternatural velocities, to the point where he appears as little more than a blur to the average eye. His reflexes are also extraordinarily sharp to help him make better use of his speed and avoid fatal collisions with dangerous obstacles. He has an instinctive sense of direction, allowing him to function as his own compass. Contact with his caduceus reinvigorates the tired and weary, helping them to keep going when they feel it is no longer possible, even to the point of overcoming or ignoring minor wounds.

Weapon and Items: Like his father, Cyllenius wears a pair of winged sandals as well as a winged cap. He carries with him a caduceus (see appearance) that can magically extend itself from the length of a baton to a vaulting pole. He keeps with him at all times a small messengers bag of leather containing healing herbs. It appears to have a near infinite capacity as far as how much it can hold, allowing him to carry almost anything so long as the object is not much bigger than him.

Background: Cyllenius' mother, who made her living as a thief, stealing from travelers at roadside inns, had a fateful encounter with a youthful messenger she tried to rob. Quickly catching on to her, the young man admired her craftiness and agreed to accompany her on the road. Eventually, however, the man disappeared leaving no clue as to where he had gone. Guessing at who her mysterious companion was, the young woman traveled to Mount Cyllene, the birthplace of Hermes, in hopes of being reunited with her lover and to inform him that she was carrying his child. Reaching the summit, the rigorous climb forced her to go into labor. She delivered her child with the help of the shepherds of the mountain, but when the father did not appear, she abandoned her infant son, heartbroken.

Cyllenius grew up as an orphan among the shepherds, helping to tend their flocks in the foothills of the mountain. As he grew closer to adulthood, he discovered his special abilities. Excited at the possibilities now open to him, he used these powers to reach the remote mountain top where he was born. There he discovered his messenger's bag, from which he withdrew the caduceus. With his origins as the son of a god now revealed, he left to roam the countryside, hoping to find out what else his destiny might have in store.

Well done, Ram! He's very balanced and I like the history. Accepted.

Wasn't Zeus a playboy almost?

Still working on char. I'm planning out some radical changes, since the last time I worked on this.

Name: Athanasia (nicknamed "Atha", spelled "Αθα" in Greek)
Meaning of the Name: From the Greek name Αθανασιος (Athanasios), which meant "immortal" from Greek α, a negative prefix, combined with θανατος (thanatos) "death"
God Parent: Ananke, Titan and Goddess of Necessity, Fate, and Destiny; mother of the three Fates
Physical Age: 17
Sex: Female
Appearance:
Themis_by_GENZOMAN.jpg

Creative commons copyrighted by Genzoman
Personality: Just tell it how it is.
Strengths:
1) Heightened Senses: at the loss of sight, all of her other senses have been heightened to the peak of human capability.
2) Trained Reaction: with heightened senses and having spent eons without sight, Atha can react to a near superhuman capability. It has saved her from Thanatos many times.
3) High Dexterity: Atha isn't the daughter of the Goddess of Destiny for nothing. She learned much of her mother's craft, including weaving, resulting in high dexterity. This is why she is adept at many weapons and not just the sword she carries. She can also fix clothes.
Weaknesses:
1) Can't physically see without removing the blindfold
2) Asides from physically attacking her enemies, all of her attacks require a lot of time to cast, as they are all incantations.
3) Fear of death: though she is the demigod of humanity's ultimate fate, she herself is afraid of Thanatos, the demon of death. If she senses he is near, she will begin to panic.
Powers:
Foresight: as the daughter of the Goddess of Destiny, if Atha removes the blindfold, she can see into the very near future, allowing her to avoid attacks. However, the blindfold is an enchanted cloth made by her mother and the Moirae (see background, "The Future") and can only be removed when Thanatos (God of Death) draws near. Even then, she must speak an incantation before she can remove the blindfold.
Impending Doom: Using the Scales of Fate, an incantation, and her ability of foresight, Atha can create illusions where her enemies will endure gruesome deaths of her choice (think of Itachi's Tsukiyomi, from Naruto)
Weapon and Items: Scales of Fate - given to Atha by her mother, the scales are used in her incantations
Aeon Blade: This dulled blade belongs to Chronos, Ananke's true husband. The blade has no power, not even the power to cut, outside of Chronos' own hands.
Background:

Looking good, Cel. Not on my list but looking acceptable and well done. And yes, Zeus liked doin' stuffs. I'm just changing things for my RP. xD

Ananke = Chronos' wife = Zeus' mommy. Asides from the mythology surrounding the origins of the gods, she's rarely ever mentioned, even when her more famous daughters (the Moirae, aka the Fates) toy with human lives.

And fyi, Styx is an actual god, not just a river. :)

How clever! Go ahead and post whenever you'd like. My character is moving with his little centaur army to where Jumi and Bee are. It's moving very slow but the story seems promising now that I have more players. *Hugs the players* I loves you alls~

sorry it took me so long to get a post up, but it's there now.