The New Girl

• Thread starter DJae Writer Chick
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaine shrugged. "They needed someone to flip them." He said quietly, sitting beside her. "You okay?" He asked softly, figuring the cheerleader had abandoned her.

River looked over at the guy who sat beside her. She suddenly felt an odd feeling in her stomach. Butterflies. There was something about this student that made her blush. She stood up. "I-I'm fine" She replied quickly. "I'm gonna go home"

Lain tilted his head. "You're absolutely sure you're okay?" He asked, wanting to make sure she wasn't lying to avoid something. He didn't stand from where he was, but just sat, looking up at her.

River just shrugged. "Don't worry about me.. But thanks anyways" She says, chewing her bottom lip. Before he could reply she was already running home. After running into the group of guys again she felt humiliated. When she got home she storms upstairs to her bedroom and slams the door, she let loose all of her emotions that were bothering her and cried into her pillow, wanting to disappear.

[Next Morning]

River put some toast into the toaster and when it popped she started to spread with with peanut butter and jelly. She ate it and then heard the school bus arrived. She put her plate in the dishwasher and left the house, her parents were probably still sleeping by then.

Lain sighed, watching her walk off. "Well." He stood, walking home and working on his sketch more.

~~~~~

Lain had woken up early and eaten some cereal as well as finished his sketch of a flower. He taped it under the tree on his wall. You could barely see the green wall under all the pictures. He hurried out and just caught the bus, slipping into the bus. He wasn't sketching yet, his headphones in and listening to music.

River then saw him. The student from yesterday who helped her deal with all of the jerks. She sat next to him on the bus, the seat was empty and she didn't want to be standing up because her legs were aching already from running to catch the bus. "Morning" She says she sounded a lot more cheerful today. She wanted to make friends, and here was her chance. She then realised that he was wearing earphones, so she tapped him on the shoulder.

Lain had been staring out the window, but he was tapped on the shoulder. He pulled his earbuds out and faced the person-... The girl from yesterday. "Hey." He smiled faintly.

"Morning"

River glances out of the window too. Weather was a little bit better, which she noticed. Yesterday it was raining and by the time she got home her clothes were soaked. She didn't even bring a coat or anything.. She expected there to be sunny weather. It was the month for sunny weather.

She wasn't sure what to say, and just stared at him. She felt herself blush and she stared down, embarrassed.

"I'm Lain." He extended a hand. "You are?" He tilted his head.

River realised she hadn't introduced herself yet and snapped out of her thoughts about yesterday's weather. She noticed he extended his hand and she clasped it, shaking it politely.

"I'm River. My mom named me that because she loves the beach so much and swimming" She replied. She thought her name was odd but liked it, she didn't know many people with the same name and she felt like people would remember her easily around school because it was less common. "I like your name. It's cool" She complimented.

"I like your name too." Lain smiled and let go of her hand. "Might I ask why you moved here?"

She grinned and then blushed even more at that. She then shook away from her thoughts again and smiles. "My family just wanted a new status a new country and a new atmosphere. I miss where I lived before though, and I've been home sick quite frequently. I miss my old friends too. The weather wasn't this terrible either.. No offense"

Lain chuckled. "None taken." He smiled. "Where did you live?" He tilted his head curiously.

Status
Not open for further replies.