The New Girl

Hearing the knock, Aviana reluctantly turned on her back and looked down. "It's open," she said as she played with the cast.

Trent came in, still out of breath. He knelt by the bed, resting his head on the edge. "Wh-what... Happened?" He panted. He couldn't look her in the eyes.

Aviana closed her eyes silently and gently brought her hand to a rest on his head, gently running his fingers through his hair, unable to form any words. Finally finding her voice, she spoke. "I went to my old house then left and some guys hit me in the back of the head then I blacked out and no one will tell me anything..." She said softly as she looked at him.

Trent tensed slightly, sitting up. He watched her a moment, then sighed, taking her hand in both of his. "I'm sorry..." He said quietly. "I shouldn't have dived like that, then this wouldn't happen." He looked down, shaking his head to himself.

Aviana frowned slightly and pulled her hand away, gently resting it on his cheek. "Please don't blame yourself," she said softly as she looked at him, the medicine she had been given slowly starting to make her drowsy.

Trent nodded. "Are you okay?" He looked at her, biting his lip. He still blamed himself, but he wouldn't tell her that.

"I have a broken arm but I'll be fine," she said softly as she noticed her foster parents staring. She rolled her eyes slightly and brought him down, kissing him gently.

Trent blushed, but kissed her back gently. "I'm just glad you're okay..." He hugged her gently.

She wrapped her good arm around him, returning the hug before pulling back. "Lay with me?" She asked softly as she looked up at him.

Trent paused, hesitant, then nodded. "Alright." He said, sitting on the edge of the bed to begin with.

She scooted over so he would have enough room. "It's okay," she said nervously.

Trent laid down, hugging her gently. "It'll all be okay." He whispered, kissing her cheek.

She nodded slightly as she turned and closed her eyes, burying her head into his chest as she took a deep breath. Hearing the door open, she glanced up, seeing Mrs. Dallas walk in before tensing up at the sight. "Get out," Aviana said coldly, wanting nothing to do with them at the moment.

Trent just held her close. "you need to stay calm." He said gently, not wanting her to get worse.

Aviana nodded slightly as the adult left and buried her head back into his chest. "Okay..."

Trent hummed a soft tune, holding her close. He was trying to help her relax.

Aviana let the medicine take over and yawned one more time before she fell asleep, not waking up all day.

Trent closed his eyes, listening to the machines and her breathing. Slowly, he began to fall asleep as well.

Aviana woke up that night and yawned softly as she wrapped her arms around him.

Trent shifted, but then stilled, not waking up.