THE 'MOVIES YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE SEEN' THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldboy.
If you've never seen it, fix your life and go see it.
The 2003 original, not that crap with Josh Brolin.

Reactions: OnI6470
Well yeah, but EVERYONE knows Men in Tights. XD

You'd... honestly be surprised.

Mel Brooks movies don't get nearly enough love these days.

You'd... honestly be surprised.

Mel Brooks movies don't get nearly enough love these days.

That movie did not get any love! It disappeared off the face of the Earth. :(

Reactions: Astaroth
@Nydanna

I was actually JUST talking about how this is the most underrated Mel Brooks movie. I love how directly it riffs on the 1992 Bram Stoker's Dracula. Which... is also worth a watch. Anthony Hopkins is best Van Helsing, Gary Oldman is best Dracula.

OH. AND IF WE'RE TALKING VAMPIRE MOVIES...

Shadow of the Vampire (2000)

It's a movie about the making of the classic movie Nosferatu from 1922, with the premise that Max Schreck is actually a vampire. Also he's played by Willem Dafoe. It's super meta black comedy and I love it.

I'ma try and suggest shit for people to maybe check out and stuff.

Dead Man's Shoes.
from the director of the fantastic 80's social commentary known as "This is England" is a simple revenge tale that is not quite one sided.
Paddy Considine is terrific, and no one in this movie really gives a bad performance. A great british movie well worth checking out at least once.

The Long Good Friday
Terrific British Crime Movie, in particular about Gangsters. Bob Hoskins' performance in this movie is just divine.

Nightbreed
Okay, so Cliver Barker is very, very a required taste; you either love his books and enjoyed the two Hellraiser movies he made, or you absolutely hate his work. Nightbreed is a bit of a campy, fun, Supernatural Fantasy that was originally marketed as a bonafide Horror, which its not. It's a shame really, they had plans for a sequel, and due to their incompetent marketing didn't get to follow through. pretty underrated movie in my opinion.

Not sure if this one is well known or not, but I never hear people talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.