THE 'MOVIES YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE SEEN' THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Brovo

Oh man, I hated Blue Gender. Galaxy Quest is golden though.

@Brovo

Oh man, I hated Blue Gender. Galaxy Quest is golden though.
Never said they were great, did say they were generally unknowns though. That's the thing about B-Grade stuff: It usually takes more risks, and sometimes comes out with roaring successes (Moon), or, you know... Dear God why is this a thing. It's why I like exploring that venue. You never really quite know what you're going to get. Like this was a surprisingly odd gem, if you're into sci-fi which explores the darker sides of the human condition. :ferret:

I'll post the movies if they're available on youtube, otherwise piratebay is your friend

Angels Egg

This pretty much proves i can do obscure anime better than anyone else. A good surrealist anime, wonderfully bleak.

Fantastic Planet

Man, Science fiction used to be a lot more creative a few decades ago

Airplane!

Spoof and parody movies these days are often looked upon with extreme disdain (and for good reason) This is the one that started the genre and led to at least two decades of funny parody movies before Scary movie fucking ruined everything. Airplane! is without a doubt in my mind one of the funniest movies i've ever seen and one of the funniest movies of the 20th century. And most people seem to have forgotten about it.

Duck Soup

If you want to join the ranks of Patricians and leave the hordes of Filthy Plebs, than you really should watch all of the Marx Brothers movies, but the one to start off with would probably be Duck Soup. Extremely funny with Groucho Marx's insult humor, a true classic of a movie.

City Lights
Modern Times

Probably the best two of Chaplin's shorts before he transitioned into Sound

Cannibal Holocaust

A good B-grade Italian Horror movie, back in the day it got quite a bit of notoriety. Even today it can scare people off with it's depictions of actual violence against animals (the animals that get killed on screened actually are getting killed.) Plus I like the music and the acting isn't too bad for a B-movie.

A Serbian Film

watch this movie with your date on movie night. Guaranteed arousal and kinky sex beyond your wildest dreams afterwards.

Last edited:
A Serbian Film

watch this movie with your date on movie night. Guaranteed arousal and kinky sex beyond your wildest dreams afterwards.
You're an evil, evil man. At least suggest Eraserhead.

• Nice Execution!
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Darog and Slade
Fluke
This movie makes me cry every time I watch it, but it is so good.

The Cat From Outer Space

Duma

Two Brothers

And two movies that do not deal with animals.
Take the Lead

Sword of the Stranger. Couldn't find an English trailer

Reactions: Brovo

Like a lot of anthology films, it has some hits and some misses, the majority of them being hits.A good film and worthy spiritual successor to Trick R Treat.

Holy shit, this is one of the darkest depiction of women I've seen since Inside. Super fucked up shit happens on an ever escalating scale until the very end. Seriously, don't watch if kids getting hurt is something you can't handle cause this movie doesn't shy away from being brutal as fuck.

It's a random assortment of old school horror monster wrestling against each other to the death in a very Hokey throw back to late 80's wrestling. IT HAS KEVIN NASH AND JIMMY HART IN IT! This movie is cheesy fun at it's finest.

Hey! Someone got their Zombie movie in my Post Apocalyptic road trip movie! Yeah, I don't have much to say about this movie that the amazing trailer doesn't say for it. Super fun all the way through. Worth your time by far.

Goddammit this continuation of the the Guinea Pig series. Like holy shit. Super hard to sit through, like the rest of the series. There is so much body horror and just... Fucked up shit in this thing that always makes me recoil when I rewatch it. There just this lingering aura of just... Delirious Sorrow that underground Japanese shock creators capture that is rarely seen elsewhere. Definitely not for the faint of heart or those who don't like gore, cause holy shit, the entire series of the Guinea Pig movies are infamous for their almost snuff film worthy levels of gore. This one will make you want to pass on eating sushi for a long while.

The Cat From Outer Space and this movie always remind me of each other. Its been forever. I remember this movie making me really sad whenever she died. I should rewatch it and see if I end up sobbing. ;) So I guess I'm recommending this one more in a "I saw it so you should too" sort of way.

Okay thought of another one. The movie makes my stomach turn, which really isn't that difficult to o, but it's pretty decent. Not really kid friendly movie though.

Moon and Galaxy Quest are two of my favorite all time movies.

I would suggest the following:

Black Dynamite:
Satirical Blaxploitation spoof.

Man from Earth:
Guy is a kajillion (read:10,000ish) years old. Tells people.

• Love
Reactions: Space Cowboy
Since Black Dynamite was brought up, I'll also mention this:

The Hebrew Hammer (2003)

Another spoof on blacksploitation and orthodox Jewish stereotypes. Andy Dick is an evil Santa trying to destroy all holidays but Christmas.

• Love
Reactions: Space Cowboy
I almost forgot about this one.
Felidae
Couldn't find an english trailer without spoilers, but it is a murder mystery

• Love
Reactions: Shiri
Time for Toellner's War Films!

Zulu (1964)
MPW-6188

VonRyan's Express (1965)
Von-Ryans-Express-Poster.jpg

Patton (1970)

Tora! Tora! Tora! (1970)
tora.jpg

The Great Escape (1963)
Great_escape.jpg

Spartacus (1960)
Spartacus_-_1960_-_poster.png

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)

Band of Brothers (2001)

Reactions: OnI6470
@Cpt Toellner

Personally I thought Prince of Thieves was kinda terrible, but it's saved by Alan Rickman's Sheriff and Morgan Freeman as Azeem. It's arguably one of the better Robin Hood movies though. The 2010 Robin Hood starring Russel Crowe and Cate Blanchett was awful.

My favorite Robin Hood movie is probably this one:

The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)

It's got that cheesy Old Hollywood charm, but the writing is definitely on point. Errol Flynn was born to be Robin Hood. Here's one of the highlight scenes in the movie:

And if you like Errol Flynn in that, I'd also recommend this:

Captain Blood (1935)

It's got some of the same cast as Adventures of Robin Hood. Goes a bit darker in terms of narrative, but it's still got all the hallmarks of a good swashbuckler. This time Errol Flynn is a doctor-turned-pirate whose story shares some similar themes to the better-known Count of Monte Cristo.

Status
Not open for further replies.