The Minefield Marriage

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's okay, after all they've done you're allowed to." Bastien whispered back and kissed the top of her head. "You don't need him."​

Lily nodded and sigh wipe her eyes. "I wanna get it over with tell the kingdom" she said softly

"Alright, we can get ready and leave to do this whenever you want." Basiten replied, the sooner they got this over with the better. He didn't want to see Lily sad anymore.

"Let's go now. Tell the guards to get ready to bring them behind us. I gotta change" lily said soflt and kiss him. "Thank you"

"Alright, I'll tell them." But before Bastien could say anything else, his lips were preoccupied for a few moments. A light blush flaring up slightly on his cheeks. "You're welcome." He smiled before giving her a peck on the lips and turning away to address the guards.

Lily went and change and put her cloak on over her light blue dress. She walk out and waited in the living room for carriage and bastien. Her hand is on her side breathe slowly to ease pain.

After telling the guards to prepare a carriage from Lily and himself, Bastien then left to change. Instead of his usual attire he traded it for a set of armor and frowned slightly at his appearance before throwing it to the side. Walking out and back towards the courtyard the prince arrived at his fiancé's side. "The carriage should be here in a few moments."

Lily smile when bastien was by her side. She held his arm kiss his cheek "thank you. You look handsome"

Feeling hands now on his arm, Bastien glanced over after feeling the sensation of a soft pair of lips against his cheeks. "You don't need to thank me." He replied then smiled softly. "And you look beautiful."

Lily blush and smile at him. She saw the carriage and got in with his help. She sat next to him close her head on his shoulder and hand on her side as the carriage started going.

After they were seated Bastien relaxed and glanced at his sword then to Lily, he still wasn't convinced this was a good idea but it's what she wanted. Finally he released a soft sigh and closed his eyes as the carriage started to move.

Lily gently stroke his arm to calm him knew he didn't like the idea. She had to do it it was necessary. She kiss his hand and played with his fingers to keep him calm on the way.

Who knew how the citizens would take this, suddenly finding out what their king and queen had been doing and now their princess was being married? And to the younger brother of the cold-eyed and black hearted killer no less. But feeling Lily toy with his hand had Bastien push those thoughts off to the side for now.

Lily saw they approach her kingdom as everyone in the villages gathered to see what was going on. She grip bastien arm nervous and whisper "don't let go of me" she was scared to see everyone reaction as to what she will tell them. She step out and smile at the villagers who all cheer happy to see her and bastien. She started speaking about what was goin on and what the king and queen had done. She wanted the villages to make a decision how they are punished. She held bastien arm for support.

Opening both eyes once the carriage stop he then looked over at the nervous Lily and nodded. "I won't." Bastien promised before stepping out and then helping her out as well. Now this would be the moment of truth to see how the villagers and her kingdom in general took the news once it was spread. As she began to speak he stood there with an expressionless face, carefully reading each person's body signs to see what they were thinking or wanting to do.

Lily held bastien arm watching everyone face expressions.
The villagers talk amounts themselves then started shouting "kill them! A hanging!"
Lily grip bastien arm harder shaking hearin what they wanted she knew they would say that but actually having her father hang and her step mom it was goig to be hard.

This was not surprising, all the villagers were pissed and wanted death.
"Should have figured." Bastien heard one of the guards mumble under their breath.
"Cover your ears Lily." Once she had, the prince drew his sword with his free hand and slammed it into the wood as he roared, "Quiet!" His gaze looked at all the villagers. "Look at what your shouting is doing to the princess you care so much about! You should be ashamed for making her shake out of fear!"

Lily cover her ears and jump as he slam his sword. She stood behind him tears fell shaking.

"She ask what we should do! We gave out answer! She should handle it like a queen or maybe she isn't strong enough to be queen!" A villager shouted and few nodded agreeing the rest felt bad but figur death is a good punishment for the former king and queen
Lily look at bastien "there right. I did ask. Maybe I'm not strong enough to be queen if I can't handle hearing they want them dead. I need some quiet and peace please go home without me I'll be home later" she dismiss the villagers and went on a walk alone. She sat on a log by the water tears fell wonder if she is able to be queen she can't even stand to listen hearing her parents will be put to death. She cry in her hands "how can he like a girl like me? Or want to marry a girl like me? I'm not strong enough to be queen"

"You're all a bunch of stupid, barbaric, bastards to answer like that to your queen. If you want strength then I'll fight all of you and show why you don't want a ruler with just strength!" He snarled, the grip on his sword tightening slightly. If they wanted strength then he'd show him how a ruler with it would rule. "I'll cut you all down to size, you pathetic lot."

When Lily told him what she was going to be doing and to go home, Bastien nodded before motioning for the guards to take the prisoners home. Though after she left he stood there and waited for her return. It wouldn't be right to make her go home all by herself after what had happened.

Lily sniffled and got cold. She stood and started slowly walking to head back. She held her side in pain and saw bastien tears fell. She went to him put her arms around him. "I'm sorry I'm not strong enough to hear what they want. I'm sorry I'm not a strong queen" she whisper shivering

Status
Not open for further replies.