The Mightiest Disciple: Matsuri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matsuri Hanamori
Screenshot_2016-02-17-18-26-542.png_zpsy6th8bmh.jpeg

Matsuri barely registered the rest of the day. After the first couple of classes the school day begins to become so routine that she almost goes through it on autopilot. Gym was always the worst. Matsuri just never had been very good at physical activities. While she certainly wasn't unhealthy, she was always weak. A bookworm who was too shy and nervous to ever really engage in sports or gymnastics.

Once that was over, it was all routine. The day was winding to a close, the final bell sounding and all of the students being dismissed. Now it was time for the walk home. Sometimes Tatsu would walk with her for a ways before splitting off, but, after her childish lashing out earlier, she didn't feel she could face him again today. Especially not on a day like this, when she just felt so miserable. Was there really a way she could feel worse right now?

Unfortunately for her, the question was answered without being asked. On her way home, Matsuri hasn't noticed the three boys leaning against a storefront wall. They seemed distracted with conversation, but, they were apparently more observant than they seemed. After only a few seconds they began to follow her. Instinctively, Matsuri picked up her pace, rounding the next corner, only to bump into another small group of young men.

"Hey, girlie. Where you going in such a rush?"

Matsuri let out a frightened gasp, stepping back a couple steps and risking a backwards glance, noticing the others were rounding the corner as well.

"Leave me alone. I'm just trying to go home."

Although her legs were beginning to feel weak, and the fear was creeping up her spine, she kept her voice fairly stern, and her expression serious, if not annoyed.

"Hey now, that's not nice. How about you come and spend some time with us instead?"

A few of the other boys chuckled and smiled mischievously at his words, beginning to surround her. Now it was becoming too much. Matsuri's body begins to visibly quiver, her voice now coming out in a softer and frightened tone.

"Please, just let me pass. I-I don't want any trouble..."

The boy in the middle laughed, his hands in his pockets as the two beside him moved forward on either side of him. Their laughter was almost as frightening as the looks on their faces. There was something carnal and sinister in their eyes. A situation every girl is warned about, especially in a neighborhood like this. The gang activity had only gotten worse the last couple years.

"Don't worry, girlie. Don't make it hard on yourself, and there won't be trouble."

He reached his hand out to her, attempting to touch her cheek. However, reacting on instinct again, she swatted his hand away, then slapped him before taking a step back.

"O-oh no! I'm sorry! I just reacted!"

The boy rubbed his cheek, anger evident through his gritted teeth. He growled quietly as a couple of his friends chuckled. He drew his hand back, throwing it towards her face as she ducked back to protect herself.

"You bitch!"

A scream escape Matsuri's throat as she closed her eyes, raising her arms to shield her face, the thugs watching with devious grins.

Reactions: Quake
What was sure to be a hard blow directed at Matsuri...never actually came after a good 30 seconds of waiting for the blow to strike. If she opened her eyes back up she would see the very thug posed to strike her have his arm held within a vice grip over his head. The hand that held the young lad's arm securely within in place belonged to one, Hiruzen Kaido. The man in question had a rather expressionless face on at the moment as he held the boy strongly with what seemed to be ease. "Now i'm sure your mother's must have taught you that striking a lady is a big no right? If not then i'm quite happy to hand down such a lesson." After saying that he folded the boy's hand even further back before giving him a shove towards the other boys.

Hiruzen then stood in front of Matsuri serving as a barrier between the two parties. "Now if any of you still wanna pick a fight then bring it on, but a quick warning before you throw your lives away. If you even want to stand half a chance then come at me with the intent to kill or else you'll become the hunted instead." At this point anyone could see within his eyes the look of a man who had no problem with ending this quick and violently. He quietly then shifted into a small stance just in case any of them were still up to the challenge of fighting against him.
latest

Mamoru_truth.jpg

With the school day over, Vance headed on home. He had gotten in a bit of trouble for skipping class, but it was nothing major. He just hoped his brothers didn't find out about it, otherwise he'd never hear the end of it. As he was deep in his thoughts, a young girl's cry brought him back to reality. He turned his head and looked down the street where there was clearly some sort of altercation going on between a group of people, but Vance couldn't tell what was happening from how far away he was. Vance thought about letting it just play out. After all, it was none of his business.

"We're guardians...Remember that."

Vance's brother's words resonated in his mind. "Damnit," Vance sighed, scratching his chest where the Morningstar tattoo was . He turned and ran down the street towards the group. As he got closer, he noticed the young girl in distress and the man prepared to defend her. Arriving at the scene, he immediately recognized the girl. She was a student at the high school he attended; the one who caused a ruckus in the hall nonetheless. He immediately wasn't surprised she found herself in a situation like this. And yet, he couldn't help but feel bad for her; seeing how scared she was. He sighed and shoved his hands in his pockets, walking up beside her. Without saying a word, he took his sunglasses off and placed them over her eyes. The burnt orange tint of his glasses made her look ridiculous, but that wasn't the point.

"They can see fear in your eyes, kid. But if they can't see your eyes...." He left the sentence hanging, before turning back and smiling slightly. "That's why I wear them all the time." He walked past her and stepped up next to Hiruzen.

"Hey Old Man. I know you can take them all by yourself, and that's fine. But being a member of Morningstar, I'm kind of obligated to help out. It's sort of like our motto, or whatever. Not really my idea, but I'm sure you understand." He looked over at the opposing group, waiting to see what they'd do.

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
Matsuri Hanamori

The thug gasped when he realized his blow had not only been stopped, but the pain in his arm was like a damned vice. He struggled, and the men around him all took a step back.

"Gah! What the hell?! Where did you come from?! Let go!"

Matsuri risked a glance after hearing him speak up. A man had appeared, seemingly out of nowhere, stopping the boy's attack. The look of sheer surprise on her face was probably a sight to behold. He struggled against the man's grip, calling to the men around him.

"What are you doing?! Kick his ass!"

Matsuri dropped down, the men closing in to attack the two interfering fighters. Two lunged forward, throwing fierce punches at the men.

Mitsuo was walking home and he heard a scream like someone was in trouble and racing off to the scene he saw master Hiruzen ready to face off against three punks and Matsuri looking on. He saw another guy but couldn't tell who he was, he was going to let it be but Master Hiruzen is a Master and when it comes to Martial arts masters only face masters, there were some cases where the rule could be broken but If Master Hiruzen fought these thugs then he could be charged for murder.

The other guy seemed ready to fight to but was waiting on the fight to be brought to him, and Mitsuo didn't know this guys fighting experience it could have been a three on one. In a flash Mitsuo appears between two of the guys, and they didn't expect it at all.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE Y...." before he could finish his sentence Mitsuo punched him in the stomach knocking him out. The other one saw this and swung at Mitsuo behind him and he ducked under the punch by bending his knee's but stood back up catching his arm mid swing and flipping him into the ground knocking him out.
The third one was scared..., "YOU FREAK I'll SHOW YOU" he says pulling out a knife trying to stab Mitsuo but he dodges effortlessly flipping around toying with the guy. "STAY STILL" he says going for a deep lunge that Mistuo side steps but if the attack continued he would have stabbed Matsuri as she was behind him, but he gives a chop to the guys hand making him drop the blade and swings on his pivot foot driving his body into the ground knocking him out.
He just stares at the men as he picks up his backpack which fell, "Didn't you teach me that Masters fight Masters Hiruzen" he says to him.
"Also these guys are thugs theres no honor amongst them, no need to wait for them to bring the fight to you" he says to the other fighter.
"Matsuri right are you ok" he asked
@QuakeUPSB
@The Classy Mog
@Blitzfang43

Tsuki had been in her way home back to the dojo when she heard a familiar cry. She already knew who it was and began to race like a wolf responding to cry of its pup as she rounded the corner coming face to face with a large group of people. She recognized most from school as she saw one of her masters there as well. She heard the sound of of footsteps behind her as she saw a young man rush her with a 2x4 board swinging for her head. She caught it with ease before looking up at the boy. "You should know better than rush in head first at your opponent. " she pulled the board causing the boy to come with as she drove her knee right into his nose hear a familiar crunch as it broke. He fell to the ground where his blood started to look. She turned her attention back to her master. "Master hiruzen. Hi"

Matsuri Hanamori

In less than ten seconds, Matsuri went from frightened downright terrified to enthralled. What she had just witnessed was amazing. Three people had come to her rescue. That alone was unheard of. How Was it even possible to be that lucky? Then, one person, a fellow student that she recognized, stopped the thugs. He defeated them so effortlessly, and his movements were so impressive.

Matsuri wasn't aware of the deep red her cheeks were turning as she bowed a thanks, finally managing to avert her eyes and compare herself.

"Y-yes. My name is Matsuri...thank you all so much. I was so...I was sure I was in real trouble there..."

Matsuri looked to them, particularly the one who the least intimidated her, Mitsuo, the boy who dispatched the thugs.

"That was amazing..."

The words nearly fell out of her mouth, and the nervous embarrassment stopped her, Matsuri's mind reeling and trying to think of the right words. The Crimson color took her cheeks again as she looked to him, averting her gaze at the ground shyly.

"I wish I could...I wish I were strong enough to protect myself. I wish i...I weren't so weak."

The young woman has to fight back tears, both of sadness and of relief. The fearful places her mind had gone to when those boys closed in around her...that fear was something she never wanted to experience again..yet, now, more than any time in her life, she felt utterly helpless.

Reactions: Iroh
"You kids always love to take away an old mans fun don't ya?" Hiruzen dropped his stance once the battle was over before it had even gotten to him. To be honest he was looking forward to blowing off a little bit of steam since he didn't feel much of a rush training today. Taking out his flask that was stored in his back pocket he took a swig while the kids talked amongst themselves. He gave Tsuki a light pat on the head to acknowledge her presence.

He looked at the young girl, Matsuri he hoped was correct, spill her wishes to one day become stronger. He took a bit of a step towards her, and looked down to gauge her properly before opening his mouth. "Mitsuo show her to the dojo tomorrow. If she truly wants to get better than that's the place to learn." With his thoughts being placed out there he grabbed his tool kit that was placed down a bit before the fight began, and begun his journey back home. Something within this girl triggered him to just want to help her out...maybe its because she was once just like him in the past.

Vance was glad he hadn't needed to take any action. In all honesty, it would have been a bit of a pain. Quite a few people had arrived, and it seemed that the girl would be alright. It's probably best to leave before more attention gets drawn to ourselves, he thought. Looking down at the unconscious attackers, he realized they probably shouldn't be left laying there. Squatting down, he threw one over his shoulder and started dragging the other two. As he turned and started walking off, before realizing he was missing something important. Turning back, he walked up to Matsuri and slipped the orange sunglasses off her face with a bit of an embarrassed smile.

"I'd let you keep them...but you have to learn to fight your fear in your own way. And plus... I totally can't afford another pair." He laughed out loud and walked off, dragging the earlier assailants with him. He wasn't quite sure what to do with them, but he figured his brother would have an idea. Troublemakers weren't all too popular in the streets, especially those in Morningstar's district.

Mitsuo's face was in shock when master Hiruzen asked for him to take Matsuri to the dojo, he gave the face that said 'REALLY HER' without actually saying it.
Mitsuo watched as Master Hiruzen left, and he turned his attention to Matsuri, "Umm Matsuri that man's name was Hiruzen and he made an offer for you to come to a one of a kind martial arts dojo to learn to defend yourself. I must tell you with all seriousness this is not something to take lightly if you do agree I can take you there but if you accept there is no turning back" he said to her.

He didn't want to be ominous in any way because he was not allowed to give away the secrets of the dojo but he could provide a stern warning.

@The Classy Mog

Matsuri

Matsuri was taken aback. First, the man with the sunglasses removed them from her face. She had barely even noticed them, but, she did like the shade of them. His mentality was interesting too. He was right. She was so scared, and they knew it. It was almost too easy to exploit. This thought only served to bother her more, and feel worse about herself.

Of course, the situation only grew stranger when the intimidating man offered to let her attend a dojo to learn to fight and defend herself. What were the odds of that? Matsuri's eyes lit up at this, and the once grim and near crying expression melted away. That was what she needed to do. Learn to protect herself. Maybe it'd even improve her overall confidence.

"Mitsuo?"

The young girl looked to him he began speaking her name, continuing to speak a word of warning to her about the offer she'd just received. The dojo, he said, was one of a kind, and if she accepted, she could never go back. How ominous was that? Again, Matsuri's face darkened, fear showing again. How was she supposed to make a decision like this, especially so quickly? Shouldn't she talk to someone about it first? If only for reassurance?

Matsuri looked miles away, her eyes glancing at the sky as she pondered. She couldn't very well talk to her parents. They'd be far too worried about their delicate flower to let her join a dojo that was dangerous. Even basic classes were frowned upon before. Then there was Tatsu...oh, Tatsu...her frown returned. He was the best bet to talk to about it, and she really should apologize to him anyway.

"Do you think it'd be okay if I take a day to think about it? I-I really want to run it by someone and see how they feel about it."

Matsuri's arms held her books close to her chest, a posture that expressed both anxiety and anticipation. True contemplation, and the roaring storm of indecision rolling through her head.

MITSUO

Mitsuo looked at the girl who asked for sometime to think about it, "very well you have a day and no pressure and if you choose not to attend there won't be any problems with that" he said turning and walking away smiling. He was happy he was able to defend someone and not draw too much attention, he saw the thugs on the floor still knocked out. "Maybe I over did it a bit" he says to himself

HIEZO HIMURA

Meanwhile Heizo was on the run from a large group of shrouded ninja's

giphy.gif

Heizo was hoping from building to building as he jumped off flipping through the air he pulls out a flask and takes a sip. "Ahhh a small army of ninja's and not a lady in the bunch such a shame" he says outloud.

The ninja throw stars as his head is back and he's drinking not looking believing they have him off guard but in a flash he moves his hands and all the throwing stars are caught between his fingers with one hand.
Heizo has his eyes closed as they open as he feels a familiar presence below, as he see's Hiruzen clearly on the way home. Heizo lands right in front of him estatic and dropping the throwing stars.... "HIRUZEN HAVE A DRINK WITH ME, YOU'VE BEEN GONE FOR A LONG TIME WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO?" he asked offering the flask.

The ninja's soon land surrounding the duo
Head Ninja: "You will die today, the legend of Heizo Himura ends and the shadow clan will be revered in the underworld."

The head ninja paused for a moment as he saw Hiruzen as well...
Head Ninja: "It can't be the underground champion the beast Hiruzen Kaido, we will become underworld GODS with his head as well" he says in fighting stance

Heizo looks at the man getting in his Jeet Kune Do stance, "Can't you see I was about to have a drink with a comrade, and why no clever nickname for me or was calling me the legend my nickname. I like it the Legend and the Beast Hiruzen.... LEGEND TRUMPS BEAST" he says as he charges in with a flying roundhouse taking out 4 enemies in one strike being jokingly competitive as some of the ninja go after Hiruzen.

@The Classy Mog
@Blitzfang43

It was rather quiet on Hiruzen's journey home which gave him plenty of chances to think about just how he would break the news of inviting a new student to the other masters. His preferred peace was interrupted as he heard some kind of noise coming from the rooftops, but decided to ignore them simply putting it off as cats on the prowl late at night. Of course this dream was dashed the instant his favorite troublemaker and drinking buddy, Heizo Himua, landed right in front of him. The next second he saw that they were surrounded by a group a what looked to be ninjas which simply made him sigh, and put down his tool box to prepare for another unexpected battle. "Word of advice ya masked freaks. Don't poke a beast after a hard days work...or you might get rippped asunder."

He waited for his opponents to rush him first rather than charge in like Himua. The first 2 unlucky customers came right for him as they thought he couldn't deal with 2 against 1...mistake number 1. He quickly grabbed one's head and swiftly collided their skulls, but the only one in pain seemed to be his masked adversary who lied bleeding on the ground afterwards. He then turned towards the other and brought him into a bear hug, but that transitioned into a suplex towards the next building which he promptly went through.

"Ninjas really? These guys are about the same level as those idiot students back there." He punctuated this phasre by decking one of his assailants hard enough to knock him unconscious in one swift motion. Finally he had had enough and simply paused, and focused his aura which could at this point be seen by those who had even the tiniest amount of training within the field. Swaping his aggressive style into a defensive one he signaled for the lot to draw closer and finally meet, "The Beast".

Heizo Himura

Heizo was just defeating enemies left and right with powerful chops to pressure points that would disable the enemies without much effort.
"Oh come one Hiruzen their trying, you should be happy the pups have such big goals" he said as one lunged at him from overhead and he gave him a straight kick to the head and then drove him to the ground, holding him in place.

Heizo finished his drink in his flask and now he was angry but then he felt Hiruzen's aura rise, signaling he was getting a fraction of the bit serious. "Oh I get to see the underground beast in action" he says as he is standing on top of one of the ninja's on one foot.

Master Ninja

wolf_ninja_by_ninja_8004-d3bwusl.png

Master ninja: "ENOUGH, I ISHIDA HEAD ENFORCER OF THE SHADOW CLAN HAD JOURNEYED MANY A MILE TO BRING BACK THE HEAD OF HEIZO HIMURA AND BUT NOW I WILL KILL THE BEAST AS WELL AND BRING BACK THE HEADS OF BOTH" he shouted

Ishida raised his aura as well showing that he is at a different level then the rest. He had his two Sai's , and charged at Heizo but Heizo back flipped and landed behind Hiruzen.
Heizo: "You can handle him seems like you want a challenge" he says

Ishida rebounded from trying to attack and went after Hiruzen, "DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE ME, YOU WON'T EVEN BE ABLE TO KEEP UP" he says moving at great speeds creating after images of himself.
"Split prism technique... I will have your head before you blink" he says as the many images surround Hiruzen and they all charge attempting to stab him at different angles a less experienced fighter would think actual clones are trying to attack.

@Blitzfang43

Hiruzen simply waited for the head to finish his little monologue, and rush forward to get this over with. At this point his focus was purely locked in upon the young man's form as his eyes never left Ishida for a second. "You have the bark of a big dog, the courage of a vicious hound, and a style like a wild mutt." He stated as Ishida closed in and sent after images to confuse his senses, but twas all in vain. Taking a quick step forward Hiruzen released all of his pent up energy into a single blow right to Ishida's solar plexus. A blow that was known to be a killing blow of his style, but he eased up the pressure to keep the boy on just the bare edge of life.

Watching him fall to the ground Hiruzen relaxed his energy and returned to the plain man he normally was. "But in the end they always crumple...like a bitch." He left the still breathing man on the ground as he gathered his tools once more. He then looked over his shoulder at Heizo to speak one more time before leaving. "I don't know why they chased you, and I don't care too much either. Just do whatever you need to with them and hurry back home its getting late." Not that he was one to talk upon such matters as he was the usual night owl of the dojo, but nothing wrong with being a slight hypocrite every now and again. Taking that as his sign to leave Hiruzen stepped over the bodies and made his way back "home".

Heizo watched Hiruzen take down the adept fighter and he laughed as he saw the guys split prism technique it may have fooled a disciple but that low brow martial arts technique would do nothing against a true master.

Hiruzen: "I don't know why they chased you, and I don't care too much either. Just do whatever you need to with them and hurry back home its getting late."

Heizo smiled as he walked off with Hiruzen, "In the circles we travel your surprised that we would get attacked by guys who want to make a name for themselves in the underworld" he said as he walked with his friend.
After some time they made it back to Ryozanpaku, Heizo walked in straight to get some more wine and he saw Mitsuo standing shirtless with one foot on top of a bottle and holding a large statue on his back with stone balls in each hand. The purpose of this was to learn to displace your ki and strength when done right the goal achieved is what Mitsuo was doing maintaining balance while the weight does not break the bottle.

Heizo: "OH MITSUO BOY, YOUR BACK WHEN DID YOU GET BACK?"
Mitsuo: "Master Heizo, I have been back for a couple of day's now how was china?"
Heizo: "same old same old came back followed by ninja's, ran into Hiruzen"

Mitsuo didn't look shocked at all, all the masters would leave to handle certain personal issue's in other countries and always end up in some grand battle.

Mitsuo: "Did you fight any Masters class fighters?"
Heizo: "No... well one but it was because his woman fancied me, the guy gave me a little workout but I came out on top
that's when he sent his ninja's after me and now i'm here" he replied

Mitsuo laughed as the bottle began to break and he had to focus his ki again as Master Heizo was always in some skirmish because of a woman. He was able to refocus and prevent the bottle from breaking, a part of him wondered what Matsuri's answer would be and he hoped she'd turn the offer down because the training he was doing now he was use to ... for an amatuer like her it could be life and death.
@The Classy Mog

Matsuri

Matsuri hit her mattress hard, her pillows flying up and landing all about her bed. A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she rolled onto her back, looking up at the ceiling of her room. That comfortably familiar alabaster colored surface. Her mind raced with today's events, and the thoughts and emotions that followed them. What she had witnessed today was beyond belief. More so, it had made her realize just how helpless she was. No force of will could keep the horrible thoughts of what could have happened from rolling about her mind.

There would come a time when she would need to protect herself, or else suffer a horrible fate. Matsuri Hanamori, your typical "book worm" and "band geek" would need to stand up for herself, and learn to do so properly. This strange new sense of determination welled up in her chest. She had to do something about this, and she knew it.

In truth, the urge to inform her parents, or, more accurately, ask them their thoughts was nearly overwhelming. But, they would just shoot it down in an instant. "You're too frail." Her father would say. "You'd just get hurt." Her mother would threaten. How was she supposed to toughen up to the world if she was too busy being coddled?

Another deep sigh.

"But, at least there is one person I know who can give me a straight answer..."

Rhythmic footsteps echoed off the walls of the buildings that the young woman walked by. That sense of determination had somehow managed to be even stronger when she woke up this morning. Matsuri smiled to herself as she hummed a tune, holding her books in front of her stomach. This morning she had decided to tie her hair into ponytail, wanting to reflect her change in mood with something a bit different. Each footfall reflected the bounce in her attitude. While not heavy, they seemed to produce an almost profound sound.

Time flew by, made evident by the sight of her school coming into view. Few of the people she usually saw on her way to school were around. It was almost strange to think about. Upon entering the school, she quickly moved to homeroom, arriving with several minutes to spare as she usually did. After a quick greeting and conversation with the teacher, she took her seat, opening up her private notebook.

Scribbled within her various words and bars drawn with several little notes inscribed within. Close inspection would reveal the aged eraser marks and the deep etched lines, indicating a great deal of change over time, as well as careful time poured over it. Matsuri's smile remained as she scribbled in a few more notes and altered a couple as well. The words remained unchanged this time, and she glanced over it before slowly closing the notebook again, sighing in content as the last few minutes before class rolled by.

Reactions: Iroh and Quake
"To go or not to go...well i'm already here to be honest." Tatsu was currently laying upon his back upon the roof of the school watching the clear blue sky today. He arrived a little early for a change so he could have first pick at his favorite spot. He closed his eyes as his mind began to wander about some odd things he had heard the other day. Apparently those idiot gang members ran into the underground champion, Hiruzen, but even after he threatened to beat the info of where he lived out of them it seemed that no one still knows quite where he lives. "Damn and here I was so close to finally getting a shot at him. Oh well its not like he's up and died there's always next time right?"

Perking up a little bit Tatsu began to relax as he heard the morning bell finally ring which meant class was officially in session. Before he passed out his mind focused upon his main concern that took up most of his thinking space yesterday, Matsuri. He had gotten worried as she pretty much ignored him for the rest of the day which was unusual, as she used to simply come by his house and apologize and hang out. He really hoped she wasn't truly mad at him since she pretty much his only friend and losing her would hurt quite deeply. But he decided to put that out of mind for the moment, and get some rest to make up for the active night he had.

The classroom door slid up, and Vance slowly walked into the room. He was late, if only by a couple minutes, and his face was a bit bruised up. The previous night had been a bit eventful. Upon traveling home and dropping off the thugs that had attacked Matsuri and the rest, Morningstar had to go out and take care of some "business," which had ended up turning into a massive street brawl. Vance and the others had come out on top, but not without taking a bit of damage, particularly to Vance's face. Even with his sunglasses on, the purple bruise around his eye could still be seen. "Sorry I'm late," he mumbled, hurriedly walking to take his seat in the usual corner. For a brief moment, he looked over and made eye contact with Matsuri. She seemed...alright, he guessed. Sticking his tongue out playfully, he smiled before scooting to the back of the classroom to take his seat. His body hurt a bit, but he didn't mind all that much. He reached into his bag to grab his notebook, before realizing he hadn't done the past night's assignment.

"Ah..shit."

It was getting to be another one of those days...

Status
Not open for further replies.