The Marauders: Sirius Black & James Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
James stared at Amelia a little irritated with how she was putting Sirius above him. He frowned and was about to speak again. Unfortunately, she got to it before he did. He let out a loud obnoxious groan when she gave her conditions. Leave Evans alone really!?! He wanted to scream at the top of his lungs that he would never leave Lily alone, but he glanced over at Sirius.

He hadn't seen him smile genuinely at a girl in a while. It was rather strange that they were getting along so well. It seemed that Sirius was doing most of the talking though. That might be why he likes her...she doesn't talk much. He let out a huff of air and looked back to Amelia. He stared straight into her eyes so that she would know that he was not lying. " Fine, to give Sirius a chance to get to know that fre-.." He stopped himself mid sentence then rubbed the back of his neck and repeated himself " To give Sirius a chance with Mako."

~~

Mako blinked a bit. She was rather confused. Why is he being so nice? She let out a soft sigh and then sat down on the bench opposite of him. She crossed her ankles and leaned back resting her head gently on the back of the seat. " I wonder what they are talking about " She turned her head to where James and Amelia were. She stared curiously for a moment and then looked back at Sirius.

She pondered what to say feeling rather awkward the dared to speak. " I don't mean to insult you, but your friend.....is rather mean..." She bit her lip then looked away the tears trying to escape from her eyes as memories rushed to her head. Freak...Creep...Mental...

"You're going to have difficulty with this, James." Amelia knew it wasn't in his nature to be kind towards those he deems unworthy. That's not to imply that he's always cruel and callous, but James is not the most compassionate person in the world.

"I'll trust your word, but you'll be punished if I see you acting rudely towards Mako, understood?" Amelia had already become attached to the elder witch, finding the honesty and sincerity inside her heart an endearing quality.

Mako's eyes dampened, Sirius knew she was on the bridge of tears. The concerned side of his personality arose and Sirius gently raised a finger to sweep across Mako's cheeks where tears gathered. "He doesn't mean to be," Sirius explained, defending his friends loyally. "He's been raised differently. Spoiled to the point of selfishness, but he's really not that terrible, if given the chance to prove himself."

James backed up a bit from Amy and stared at her curiously. Didn't the two of them just meet? Why is she so attached to Mako? James lowered his gaze toward Amy and shook his head. " You won't catch me being mean to her. She can be rather scary " James grimaced when he thought about what Mako did to him a few years ago with the owls. Perhaps he deserved it.

He let out a sigh and was about to suggest they join the "love birds", but he saw Sirius brushing away at a tear on Mako's cheek. A large smile came to his face as he crossed his arms over his chest." Already, putting on the moves."

~~~

Mako jerked back when she felt Sirius' finger touch her. Her eyes shot wide open as she stared at him. When she heard him try to talk James up though her gaze went from one of shock to one of anger. Her eyes met his and she spoke. Her voice no longer shook with fear. Instead she sounded quite intimidating, well to those who don't truly know her. " James Potter has been given several chances. He is a terrible person who has no good intentions. Not only does he pick on under class men he picks on us freaks. Why don't you ask the people he picks on how wonderful a person he is instead of those fools you associate with!"

Normally Mako didn't get so worked up about things, but she hated bullies and the people who side with them. When she she done speaking she swiftly got up grabbed her bag and stormed out of the compartment. She slammed the door shut behind her and pushed past James before she disappeared into another compartment she looked toward Amy " You can join me if you like ."

She was laughing. Amelia had actually broken into laughter when Mako asserted herself and stormed from the compartment, leaving behind a completely baffled Sirius in her absence. "Well, I suppose you're going to have a real difficult time with this after all, Potter~" Oh yes, Amelia would enjoy this. While offering a smile to Sirius, though the astounded male did not return it, Amelia carried herself along the hallway until joining with Mako.

"I see you gave Sirius a proper fright with your sudden and quite dramatic shift of personality," Amelia commented with a smile, sitting down inside the new compartment Mako had chosen.

Sirius had been stunned into silence, his darkened eyes lifting to James for any possible explanation, but none was given. Scooting himself towards the window, a rather dejected Animagus looked out the window and had to wonder, would Mako ever accept him for his friendship with someone that has bullied her for years?

James was a little confused as Mako walked out, but made no attempt to stop her. Instead he walked into their own compartment and sat across from Sirius. " What on earth could you have possibly done to upset that freak. " James had no problem calling her a freak in front of Sirius. After all he was his partner in most all of his crimes.

~~

Mako looked up curiously at Amy then blushed from embarrassment. She rubbed the back of her neck then let out a rather shaky sigh. " He was trying to defend James...saying he actually was a good guy. Maybe to him that is true, but James is terrible to me. " She was incredibly irritated still , but she was slowly beginning to calm down. She didn't blame Sirius at all, but James even the mention of him made her blood boil.

Mako soon found herself staring out the window talking back and forth with Amy. She noticed that they would soon be arriving at the school. " We are almost home. "

A surge of anger arose in Sirius at hearing that word escape in James' voice. The very insult which has given Mako such grief throughout the years. He didn't want to hear it again. "Can you not call her that, James?" Sirius was asking nicely, but the narrowing his eyes assured James it wasn't exactly a request. "She seems really nice and polite. Mako just doesn't like being offended."

Hogwarts was coming into view from the train's windows. Amelia's lips spread into a smile, happily excited to be arriving soon. "I hope there's pudding at the feast," she giggled innocently. Pudding is her favorite dessert in the world. The varieties of flavors, it's smooth texture and even its smell is alluring to the blond. "Don't let yourself be bothered by James," she tried to comfort Mako. "He's just an idiot."

James stared curiously at Sirius. Normally he was right there with him making fun of others. Why would he not make fun of Mako? James sighed defeated and fell back on the seat letting his shoulders sag. " Fine fine....I'll call her by her name from now on. " He grumbled unhappily under his breath then perked up when the train came to a stop at the area where they got onto their carriage which would take them to the castle.

He stood up ready to exit the cart the turned to his friend. " Make sure we get the carriage they get on. I got Amy to agree to go on a double date with me if you can get Mako to go with you. You just have to ask. " James smiled and adjusted his glasses.

When he was done talking to Sirius, James strode off of the train and made his way over to Mako and Amy.

~~~~

Mako giggled as Amy spoke about James and food. She looked out the window just as the train stopped then stood. " They generally don't serve the kinds of food I like. My family is from Japan and I prefer Japanese dishes. " She stretched for a moment then opened the door of the compartment. " I guess we should get a carriage then. "

Mako made her way to one of the empty carriages, but was unfortunately joined by James. She let out a soft groan and then climbed up into the seat.

Sirius joined James and Mako, but saw no sign of Amelia at the moment. He jumped into the carriage, taking a seat beside James and offered a pleasant enough smile to Mako. The tension circulating between the group was painfully obvious. Forcing a voice from within his throat, Sirius turned to Mako and asked, nonchalantly, "Did Amelia selected another carriage?"

"Sorry," someone suddenly announced themselves as she climbed aboard. Locks of curly blond hair falling before her eyes, "I got lost in the crowd."

It was Amelia.

Sirius politely pulled back his feet as the stumbling witch walked towards Mako and took a seat.

James couldn't help but laugh at how Amelia was stumbling about. " You'd think some one hit you with a hex. " As soon as Amy sat down the carriage jerked to life and began taking im to the castle. His smile only grew wider the closer they got to the castle. After a few moments of awkward silence and a few glares from Mako, James jabbed his elbow into Sirius's side. He cleared his throat and smiled innocently at his friend. " Sirius isn't there something you wanted to ask the fr- I mean Mako "

He let out a rather shaky sigh of relief. Had the rest of that word come out of his mouth Amelia may have killed him.

~~~

Mako felt a rush of relief flow over her as Amelia made her way onto the carriage. " I am sorry I left you behind. " She spoke sheepishly. Mako had been so anxious to get off the damned train she left her new friend behind. She tugged at her ear for a few moments wanting to talk more, but not knowing exactly what to say. If she said the wrong thing she was surly to be insulted in some way or another.

After what seemed like hours James cleared his throat and Sirius jumped up. To be honest he looked like he was in pain. She tilted her head quizzically toward Sirius as James said he had something to ask her.

James had caught himself, thankfully for his own sake. Amelia was midway through conjuring a hex when he corrected the sentence. Mako didn't seem to understand what was happening, but she couldn't really be expected to. It wasn't normal for Sirius to be flirtatious and he surely isn't any expert on the subject. That title belongs to James and he proudly displays his charming personality whenever given the chance.

"Oi, Sirius, didn't you have something to say?" Amelia urged, leaning back against the carriage with her legs crossed and slightly outstretched. "We don't have all night for you to gather the courage, mate."

Amelia's brash comments nearly floored Sirius. For such someone with such a sweet face, she really isn't that innocent. Despite being the youngest of the group. Sirius could have theorized the reasons behind her personality till daylight, but like Amelia had stated, he didn't have much time to speak so openly with Mako. Gathering his courage and placing a smirk along his lips, sharp fang-like teeth becoming visible as his mouth widened, Sirius casually shrugged his shoulders.

"Would you go with me to Hogsmeade this weekend, Mako?"

Mako's mouth dropped open and she looked a little like a dying fish. The color had gone from her face. Not only had she never been asked out nor did she expect to be Sirius Black of all people asked her to Hogsmeade. She didn't quite know what to say, but everyone was looking at her. She began pulling nervously at her dress and diverted her eyes to the ground so she would not have to look at him when she spoke. If she wasn't careful about what she said she could revert back to her native language and begin speaking Korean.

Mako had lived in London all her life. However, their first language was Korean. She bit her bottom lip then nodded at Sirius " Yes, I will.."

James was rather shocked that Mako had actually said yes. A big grin came to his face as he did so and he slapped Sirius's back. " Way to go mate." although asking Mako out wasn't much of an accomplishment James was happy for his friend. After a few moments James turned his attention to Amelia. A sly grin had made it's way onto his face as he turned to her. His charm was turned onto full blast he didn't want Mako to know this was planned. " Well then, I'd like to ask if you'd accompany me then. Maybe we could have a double date. " He then winked at her.

Status
Not open for further replies.