The Lost Soul

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Welcome! You have been invited by sele to join our community. Please click here to register.
He rolled his eyes. "How rude," he muttered. "You say that like burning this little house down would actually do something." Honestly, he wasn't entirely sure that he had cooked much throughout his life. He leaned against the counter. "So, whatcha making?"

Raine rolled her eyes a little before moving to grab the ingredients. "What do you want?"

He smirked a little, shrugged a little, and replied, "breakfast."

Raine huffed. "I won't make anything if you're going to be like that."

"Oh, come on. The one time I'm not picky, you complain? Besides, what if I really don't care?"

Raine rolled her eyes. "Fine, whatever. Pancakes it is."

He continued to smirk ever so slightly, falling silent.

Raine let out an exasperated sigh as she made the pancakes.

"Don't tell me you're already tired of me! We just got up!"

"I definitely am." There was a hint of amusement in her voice but it was hard to tell.

"This is why you're no fun," he replied with a roll of his eyes, not picking up on the amusement. "The day hasn't really even begun yet, and you're already shutting me down."

Raine chuckled a little. "And you deserve it."

"What? Why?" He demanded. "What have I ever done to you?" He asked in a melodramatic way.

Raine paused and glanced at him, an eyebrow raised. "Seriously?"

"Yeah," he replied, pushing off the counter and crossing his arms. "I want to hear you say it."

Raine rolled her eyes slightly before continuing making the pancakes, turning the stove on. "First of all, you're annoying as all hell."

"And you're just saying that," he replied, smirking. "Because if I really was, I don't think I would be standing here right now, so…try again."

Raine paused again, putting a hand on her hip and turning to face him. "My point."

"Okay, fine. I'll entertain this weak excuse of yours. Can you even give me one specific reason why you think I'm so annoying?" He raised his eyebrows, still looking down at her.

Raine nodded. "Asking questions that aren't important all the time. The constant smirking. The constant eye rolling. Need I continue?"