The Lost Soul

"Exactly what I said. Usually people are a lot happier when they get a good night's sleep, especially after being what most call an insomniac."

Raine shrugged. "I suppose you're right."

"Good. Does that mean you'll allow me in your bed tonight then?"

Raine froze, visibly stiffening. "...What?"

He smirked as he noticed her tensing up. "Well, I figured since you got decent sleep on the floor, next to me, that it would be more comfortable to share the bed."

Raine shook her head almost violently. "No way in hell."

His smirk only grew as he shrugged. "Can't say I didn't try," he replied, moving to walk past her towards the door. "Eventually, you might be sore from sleeping on the floor every night, though."

Raine huffed, crossing her arms as she followed. "It's not going to happen again."

He shrugged again. "If you say so," he replied in a light tone, clearly saying that he didn't believe a word of it. He opened the door and walked out of the room.

Raine rolled her eyes. "Yup, you're never gonna let me live that down."

"At least you've realized it early," he replied, his smile audible.

Raine sighed. "Don't forget you're the reason I did that."

He looked back at her, looking almost offended. "You say that like it's a bad thing."

Raine shrugged. "Depends on if you learned anything useful from your memory."

He had almost forgotten about that. "Useful? Nah." He shook his head.

Raine sighed. "Great. So I get humiliated for nothing."

"Okay, first of all, you say that like you didn't know this was coming," he replied, counting on his fingers. "Second of all, I haven't even humiliated you yet."

Raine rolled her eyes. "Of course I knew it was coming. But you looked like you were in serious fucking pain last night. And second, I know you will so it doesn't matter."

He crossed his arms over his chest. "Is that a challenge?" He wasn't about to admit that he had been in pain last night.

Raine sighed. "No, but you'll take it as one anyway."