The Lost Soul

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"So what? Magic or not, no good plant can grow without sunlight."

Raine sighed, shaking her head. "Touch one."

He crossed his arms. "What do they do? Am I going to die?"

Raine huffed, walking to the bed. "If you never want to know the truth that's fine by me."

He watched her, seriously debating whether to touch a plant or not. "Wouldn't it be easier just to tell me?"

Raine shook her head, going to a closet on the other side of the bed and pulling out an extra blanket and pillow. "Nope."

"For the record, you're just saying that. And if I die, it's on your head." He reached out and touched a plant.

"Okay." Raine seemed unbothered by thought of him dying. And the plant was, quite shockingly, fake.

He gave her a look. "Are you serious right now?" He moved to take the extra blanket and pillow. "I think that's worse than having real plants."

Raine shrugged, lying down in the bed after handing them to him. "I like them."

He gave her another look. "What is the appeal to a fake plant?" He flapped the blanket onto the floor, putting the pillow on top.

Raine shrugged, getting under the covers. "I like the look of them."

He laid on top of the blanket, putting an arm under the pillow. "The look? What part of the look?"

Raine hummed. "All of it. It's pleasing."

"...It's a fake plant," he replied. It was clear he didn't see whatever appeal she did.

Raine nodded to herself, though seemed to hesitate before answering. "It is."

He noticed the pause, wondering what had caused it. He fell silent as there was nothing much to argue over at the moment.

Raine also went silent. After a little while, the candles blew out, seemingly on their own.

He noticed the pause, wondering what had caused it. He fell silent as there was nothing much to argue over at the moment.

Raine remained quiet, though soft breathing could eventually be heard.