The Lost Soul

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
He only raised an eyebrow higher. "First of all, you basically refused to tell me. Usually, people try to keep secrets because they're scared of one thing or another. Second, your body language."

Raine rolled her eyes. "I didn't want to tell you because I knew you would make fun of me or overanalyze or some shit."

"Yup. You said so. And yet, I pestered it out of you anyway." He paused for a second. "Which, now that I say it, is actually bothering me. Why did you tell me?"

Raine sighed. "In hopes you would finally leave me alone about it and let me go to bed. Very stupid, I know."

"Yup," he agreed, nodding, and still not moving. "Very stupid."

Raine huffed. "Gonna make me go to the couch again, I'm assuming?"

He shrugged. "I can't technically make you do anything."

Raine raised an eyebrow. "Uh huh. You about to block the door is not making me do anything. Right."

"But I'm not actually blocking your door. Besides, you haven't even asked me to move yet, so why would I move?"

Raine rolled her eyes. "Fine. Move, please." She opened the door. It was pitch black inside.

He moved in the opposite direction of that which would've been convenient. He was now standing in front of the open room, looking over his shoulder. "Is it always so dark?"

Raine was obviously annoyed, her eyes narrowing. "Yes. Now please move away from the door. Into the hallway, not into the room."

"But why?" He asked, turning his gaze to her. He completely ignored her request.

Raine growled a little. "Do you really even care?"

"Do you really even think I would bother to ask if I didn't?"

Raine nodded. "I do think that, yes."

He rolled his eyes. "That's great, I love that for you. But stop avoiding the original question. Why do you keep your room dark?"

Raine huffed. "Because I like it that way?"

Raine shrugged. "The dark helps me relax so I can sleep."