The Lost Guardian: A pokemon roleplay

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rao tilted her head slightly at the name the other ninetails called himself. "Oh, I've never heard of a shiny before, how interesting." Then seeing that the shiny went next to his partner, Rao decided to hop over and curl up next to Aya, who was burning with passion and heroism.

Aya had no idea where the lost Pokemon was, so she just blinked at the girl when she asked.

"No. If I did, I would not have asked for help." Aya did not mean to come off as a little brash, but she did anyways. Aya really was not a girl with a cruel nature, but she was very serious when things came to Pokemon.

Alex ran up to the crowd surrounding the professor, Lyn, his Leafeon, right beside him.

Just like everyone else he had received the dream, but as it had faded, he had tried his best to hold the mental connection to the two legendaries, desperate for some more information. Needless to say he had not gotten any, it had just led to him waking up late.

As Alex finally reached them, the crowd was already starting to dissipate and the professor walked back into his lab. Disappointed with himself he looked around, searching for someone to ask what the prof had spoken about. After a second he noticed two girls and their ninetails talking with one another. Since they looked like the only ones that were not about to leave, he made his way over to them, still a little bit under his breath. Lyn walked as close to him as possible, not out of nervous- or shyness, just out of habit because the two had always enjoyed being close.

"Hey there and good morning, " Alex greeted the girls. "Could you please fill me in on what the professor said? I was a little late to the party."
He gave them a smile, his usual approach to potential new friends. "My name is Alex and this is Lyn, " he added, stroking his Leafeon's head as he did.

"You want to look at what now?" the plainclothes detective asked with equal parts suspicion and disbelief.

"Please sir, I need copies of any reports of poaching or pokemon theft from the last two months." Morgan pleaded insistently

"And why exactly do you need that? Would you like to fill out a report?"

"I don't have any evidence, except for similar testimonies from at least five other trainers and Professor Alder, but Mesprit's gone missing. Now will you help me out here?"

"What's a Mesprit?"

"A legendary pokemon, supposedly the source of all emotion, so you might understand why looking into this would be a really good idea", Morgan explained as patiently as he could, but this was getting frustrating.

More fed up than anything, the detective held out his hand for the underdog trainer's Dex, and plugged it into his computer, returning it one minute and several keystrokes later.

"There you go, kid. Now don't cause any trouble."

Kinira smiled at the boy who had just run up to them, "Hello, Alex. My name is Kinira and this is Vane," she replied,motioning to her ninetails. "The professor said that we had to save Mesprit or the world would lose all emotion." She filled him in. "Aya and I were just about to head out, but we aren't quite sure where to start."

Vane nodded, "Shiny pokemon are rare from what I've gathered." He looked at the Leafeon and walked over, "Hi. I'm Vane. This pretty ninetails is Rao." Vane looked back to Rao before turning back to the Leafeon, "What's your name?" Vane smiled, sitting down in front of the pokemon.

"Kinira. What a nice name." Alex nodded towards the shiny ninetails. "Nice to meet you, too, Vane." He turned over to the other girl and added with a warm smile "And what is your name?"

He listened intently to Kinira and couldn't suppress a chuckle when she finished her explanation. It was funny in a morbid way, how she put such a big and difficult task in such a short and dry sentence.
It didn't last long though, and a serious look grew on his face, washing the smile away, only leaving the fine trace of hapiness on his face that he was accustomed to.

"That certainly doesn't sound good. Judging from the fact that Mesprit has to be saved, I would guess that someone or something captured her. Has the professor mentioned anything about that?"
Alex thought about it for a second, his eyes in the sky. Wasn't there some sort of criminal organization that was becoming famous at the moment? That could be worth investigating.
"Oh, " he added, turning his head towards the girls again, "would you mind if I join you? I think the more we are the better our chances become."

Lyn moved away from Alex leg, meeting the shiny ninetails half way. "My name is Lyn, " she spoke with a soft voice. "Nice to meet you, Vane." She moved her head closer to the other pokemon's, with the clear intention of touching her nose, giving Vane the opportunity to refuse the intimate contact. Lyn liked to greet this way, to show her willingness to befriend the opposite pokemon, but she had learned that there were many who didn't like the approach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lyra Meiko
Aya flinched when she heard the voice of another coming towards them. She was getting a bit less nervous around one person, but now another had shown up and made her nervous and defense levels go up again. She listened closely, learning that his name was Alex. He had a very cute Pokemon with him, one that had many similar counterparts in the forest that she lived in.

"M-my name is Aya..." She said quietly, with a bit of shakes in her voice. "My Pokemon is named Rao...we want to save the legendary Pokemon together..." She continued, her voice trailing off as she finished. She thought a bit for a moment, trying to decide wither to invite him in or not. She did not know if she could trust either of them, but more people would probably be better to save the legendary. She would not be able to on her own, that much she knew.

"I-if you want to save Mesprit with all of your heart...then you can come with us..." She squeaked quietly.

Rao introduced herself as well. "Yes, I am Rao. It is very nice to meet you." She spoke in a very friendly manner. She had seen a Pokemon of Lyn's nature before, so she was not especially excited like she was when she saw Vane, but it was still nice to be able to make more friends. She then watched as the Pokemon named Lyn tried to make a closer contact with Vane. She thought that it was a little odd, but didn't say anything about it.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Leo was hanging outside the base, resting on one of the metal bars, he glanced up when a grunt came running up to him. When he heard what was going on he nodded and sent the grunt away. He wondered towards the field, placing his hand on his pokeballs. He would have to beat these trainers so that they didn't hurt his pokemon or any of his friends pokemon. He took a deep breath and wondered closer to where he had been told to go.

Mira

Mira was at headquarters as usual and looking around for any lazy grunts that weren't doing as they were told, that's when she noticed that the admins were all running out into the field.

"What's going on?"

She asked herself as she saw grunts scrambling to get to the admins. She grabbed one of them by the arm roughly not really caring much about any of the grunts here.

"What are you doing running around like this shouldn't you be working?"

Pretty much all of the grunts were scared of her, and for good reason she never showed anyone any mercy.

"S-sorry miss! I'm just doing as the boss told me to I swear!, he said to send all of the admins into the field on his orders!"

She let the poor grunt go after their explanation and knowing her boss, she knew he'd be outside ready to go out to the field himself, that was just him a man of action. Kind of like her. She then found him soon after he had given Sylenne her task, she wasn't an admin she was an executive and her responsibilities were many. She had to know was he seriously expecting her to look after the base while he was gone? He had done this before charging into battle and leaving her alone in this huge, boring base to make sure the stupid grunts didn't do anything, well, stupid.

It was all stupid to her, for her to just play babysitter all the time was a complete waste of her ability!, why couldn't she do something exciting? that's all she wanted was some action for once.

"Excuse me, but are you really planning on having me babysit all these rejects again? I apologize if I sound demanding but could I please, for once actually do something?!, I mean, wouldn't you agree its a waste?, I'm one of the strongest here and to have me doing something so... so, trivial please tell me this isn't the case..."

Ysol

(I forgot to mention my pokemon's nicknames but only the starters have them so It would be easy to remember)

Ysol ran as fast as his legs could carry him through the dense shrubbery of the green, forest. Where was he going? was he running from something?, someone?, who knew?

He just kept running in random directions, then it was clear what was going on. A strong looking Gallade followed close behind, cutting down small tress and shrubs with the blades on it's arms. They were training, Ysol believed that if you were to become a truly great "trainer" as they call it. That you should train alongside your pokemon, I mean it would just be unfair to have one side do all the work right? This kept him strong, fast, and slim. Both him and all his pokemon were in great shape. The Gallade after about a minute or so caught his trainer and tagged him just like if they were kids playing tag.

"Haha!, alright you got me!" Ysol laughed as they had finally arrived at their destination at the professor's.

He may have been late but hey that was fun! He and X then walked inside seeing the other trainers there and seeing that they were interacting with one another. X actually didn't have a pokeball, he was Ysol's starter pokemon but he had let him go because he believed in the freedom of pokemon, now the Gallade just sort of followed him wherever he went. He had other pokemon of course but they didn't follow him the way X did, they kind of stayed in the general area. They did have pokeball's but they were only used when they were traveling long distances or something like that.

"So looks like were late to the party huh?, well let's hope they fill us in then" He said talking to X, He too had heard Mespirit's call and had an idea of what was going on but he wondered what these visions had actually mean't.

gallade_lineart_colored_by_beegee12-d5dq1e8.jpg

Alex turned towards Aya when she spoke up. To his mild surprise her voice was quiet and a littly shaky, making her shyness obvious. He had learned to pay attention to these things, understanding the opposite always helped when one wanted to start a friendship.
He didn't get why it surprised him in the first place though, until he noticed her Ninetails talking to Lyn, seemingly without any tension at all. He had subconciously projected the behaviour of the pokémon to it's trainer. Again. Damn, he thought to himself, I really need to stop that.

He let his face change to a comforting smile again, hoping that it would make her less nervous, and when she finished he bowed deeply.
"Aya. A colorful name for a colorful girl. That seems fitting. It's a pleasure to meet you and Rao, " he said with a warm voice.
Straightening his back again, he added in a more serious tone "I don't know if I can quite reach your determination to save Mesprit, but I will give it all I have and I promise I won't let you down." Even though he felt a little silly for saying something so cheesy, every word had been serious.

"Now what about you, " he asked, turning his head back towards Kinira, "are you okay with me joining, too?"

After Lyn finished her interaction with Vane, ((sorry, I didn't feel like wating anymore. Keekayani, you can finish this up in your next post if you want))
she looked over to the other Ninetails that was approaching. "It's nice to meet you, too, Rao." She offered her the same greeting as Vane, taking a step back afterwards. Just then she felt someone's eyes on her and turned around to see who it was. About three meters away stood a Gallade and a guy with green hair next to it. For a second she mused if it was an attempt to mimick the pokémon, but quickly discarded the thought when she realized what they were probably here for. "It looks like we are not the only ones to arrive late."

• Love
Reactions: Lyra Meiko
At first, Aya could not do anything but look away from Alex. Unknown people of course, made her nervous and he was aware of this. She was surprised however, when he bowed towards her like a prince. A slight blush could not help but creep on her cheeks, from a tad bit of embarrassment of course.

"I-it's nice to meet you too...a-and thank you for the compliment." She murmured before he changed his attention to Kinira. This person seemed to be interesting, in Aya's eyes. Both of them seemed interesting. More importantly, they both seemed quite kind. She would not mind going on a journey with them. She wanted to get going quickly, though so they would have the most time to save the legendary Pokemon of emotion. She had a feeling Kinira would be okay with him joining. Aya hoped she would be.

Rao watched the gesture between Vane and Lyn. She was then a bit surprised with Lyn wanted to do the same interaction with her as well, but she gladly nuzzled back when Lyn came close. She was making so many new friends today and was quite happy. She noticed that Aya was too. It made her very happy to see the human interacting with other humans. Aya did not do that often.

"It seems like we might be traveling with one another. I hope we all get along." Rao said to her fellow Pokemon with the best intentions.

Xion was walking down the sidewalk, his shoes thumping on the ground, matched his happy humming and smile. What a nice day he thought to himself as he was totally lost. But to him, this would only be another adventure for the teen. I wish someone would come and help me around this place he sighed and looked up at the bright blue sky, reflecting his blue eyes. "A nice day. Huh?"

(Terribly sorry for my absence. Busy with work and Nanowrimo.)

Kinira nodded and smiled, "Yes, of course you can join us. The more the merrier. But we should get going soon."

Vane brushed noses with the leafeon, a smile on his face as his tails wagged behind him, "Nice to meet you too, Lyn." Vane smiled and sat back on his haunches, "We'll be fast friends, I'm sure."

(Do let me know if I left anyone out. Sorry once again for my absence.)

Alex smiled as the two of them agreed to let him join. It felt good, being accepted by these two girls that had pretty much been strangers mere minutes ago. "Thank you very much for having me. Both of you."
He took two of the three pokéballs from his belt, taking a step back. "I do agree that we should get going as soon as possible, but we should have a complete introduction first, don't you think?"

He pressed the buttons simultaneously, releasing a Dragonair and a Kirlia in a bright flash. "These are my friends Rick, " he patted the Kirlia on the head, "and Ken." He did the same to the Dragonair. "They are just as well mannered as Lyn and will introduce themselves to your pokémon." He winked.
The empty pokéball that was left on his belt was Lyn's, but she pretty much never used it, like most trainers' first pokémons.

Rick bowed deeply towards the two Ninetails. "Hello to you two. My name is Rick. Please don't bother, " he added to prevent them from introducing themselves again, "the two of us, " he motioned between the Dragonair and himself, "have followed your conversation. We know your names. It's a pleasure to meet you."
"Same goes for me, " Ken added. He lowered his head, his snaky way of imitating a bow. "Greetings, Rao, Vane."

Having heard Lyn's last sentence and knowing she wasn't one to call out loud, Rick turned around to the big pokémon that he would one day hopefully look alike, and the guy beside it. The two of them were still standing in the door.
"Hey there!" He sent a mental message to the Gallade. The pokémon around him would also be able to hear it, as he didn't want to keep them out of the conversation, but also refrained from shouting across the room. "You look lost.

Down the path that lead into town came a large dust cloud that was increasing in size every second. At the front of it all was Hazel riding on her six foot five Arcanine with a huge smile on her face. they were running so fast they had to skid to a stop to avoid running into the group of trainers and pokemon. As the dust cleared Hazel jumped off the back of her pokemon and coughed along with everyone else.
"Sorry I'm late." She said through a few coughs. "I woke up late after having a really weird dream, which I'm assuming you all had to if you're all here, anyways and so I went into town and heard about how other trainers who've had the same weird dream were heading over this way and then I got lost, but I made it!" She said ending her ramble with a smile as she dusted her self off. "Anyways, I'm Hazel, and this here is Roman." She said gesturing to the Arcanine who was shaking his mane free of the dust that had accumulated over the run that he had made this morning. "It's a pleasure to meet you all."

The Arcanine looked over at the other pokemon and gave a small nod of hello. "Hello." He said rather solemnly "It's a pleasure to meet you all. I'm Roman. I apologize for our tardyness. Hazel is a bit of a deep sleeper."

Status
Not open for further replies.