The Lost Continent

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
CORRINA JACOBS

Chuckling dryly, Corrina shook her head, "Brainy? Listen, pal. Save those nicknames for the real eggheads. I'm just the linguist. Though if we're going by personal attributes, I guess I should be impressed you went with brain, first." Turning back, she winked, before she reached into her bag to put out the journal. In the dark, it was harder to see, but pulling out her cellphone, she held it to Orion, "Can you just shine the light on the page a second..."

With a little illumination, she was able to reach through the passage again, and putting the book back into her bag, her eyes shifted to the statues around them. "It's gotta be one of these... They all have plaques... Maybe that'll give us an indication of which one of these poor ghouls was in the Brotherhood. They'd be French, no doubt... since the Brotherhood name was. And there's this bit... close to the heart. That has to factor in somewhere."

Moving down the row, she bent to read one of the plaques, frowning softly, "Uh oh... How's your Czech, Orion?" Looking up at him, she grinned, "This could be a little more difficult than I initially thought." There were probably ten or twelve statues lining each wall of the room, with another line down the middle. Straightening, she shook her head, "Guess we'll just get started on the heart part of the clue..."

Orion Petrove

"Are you really upset I called you brainy? Of all things I could have called you, that upsets you?" Orion snorted with mild amusement, sliding his hands in his jean pockets, only to have to pull them out again when she wiggled her mobile out towards him. Taking it from her, he shone the light over the page and leaned over her shoulder as he did, eyes gazing over the page, but not being able to read it from his distance.

"Yea, some of them are real hard to read though. They've all faded pretty bad, especially some of the older ones," he said, glancing over to the nearest tomb, which had engravings nigh unreadable. "I guess we could assume they're French, but not necessarily. What if heart is a part of this poor blokes name had something to do with heart. Corazon is a relatively common, or at least not unheard of, last name in South America. Could be something like that?"

He trailed alongside Corrina, checking tombs as she did, though most of them he couldn't read—even when he dusted away the grime with his hand, despite the warning to not touch anything unless it was absolutely necessary. "My Czech? No existent. The only Czech I am versed in is Chex Mix, and I don't think that counts," he said with a frown, inhaling a puff of dust. Orion licked his tongue against the roof of his mouth to clear away the granular texture and taste.

CORRINA JACOBS

"Brainy is a wonderful nickname. For a mouse..." Looking over to him, she grinned, "But I did say I was glad you think I'm so smart. Still... I'd have gone with Sexy before I went with Brainy."

Teasing him was all too easy, but one she delved into work, her expression straightened out and her concentration carried her into a place of focus. Trailing a finger along, hovering over the ancient stone, she read the next plaque, "There are names, but they're hard to make out completely..."

With a sigh, she straightened, studying the form of the statue, "They've all got items in their hands..." She noted, gesturing to the nearest one, "But look... There's only a few that are holding their arm across the chest... Could be a way to narrow it down. Close to his heart."

Orion Petrove

As his suggestion went unheeded, Orion shrugged, and resumed his sole task of holding the light source, letting her do whatever it was she was going to do. As she worked, his attention began to wander. The statues towered high towards the ceiling, and his gaze followed them all up from toes, to the crowns of their head, impressed by the mightiness and the craftsmanship. Reaching out, he brushed his hand along the robes of one statue. The stone beneath cool and damp to the touch.

He spent so much time wondering how to destroy things, and rip them down, he rarely appreciated what it was he was destroying. Of course, he didn't have any intention of blowing the crypt up, but he rarely paused to admire art… or beauty. The old monuments brought an inward smile to his lips, contemplating how many hours, days, weeks, months were spent on each one. How much planning and care went into them, and he struggled to fathom how they transported them into the crypt after they were completed.

Realizing the light of the mobile phone was wandering away absentmindedly from the journal, Orion gave a firm shake of his head and returned to the task at hand. Corrina was pointing something out. "Just tell me where to go with the light," he replied, flicking his hand when it got tangled up in an old cobweb draped in dust. "I'm at your flashlight command."

CORRINA JACOBS

Looking back at him, Corrina smiled a little, "It was a good suggestion, by the way. The last name. Sorry... I should've said as much. Did I ever mention I'm really bad at separating modes? Work's always been about proving myself... And I forget sometimes. I don't always have to."

Gesturing to the next statue, she moved on, "The part about the riddles though... That's what confuses me. These plaques are straightforward. Names and dates. That's all. So where's the riddle?"

Straightening, dusting her hands off on her jeans, she frowned, "Names... Dates... I'm missing something." Rubbing her brow, she looked around at the others, picking their way from statue to statue as well, "It could be anything."

Orion Petrove

Her apology caught him by surprise. Looking up to her, he shrugged, more so with one shoulder than both. "I'm more into taking buildings down," he replied, "than riddles. Don't care for riddles much, honestly. I probably won't be much help solving this, so, don't feel like you need to acknowledge anything I say," Orion explained. Her brush off hadn't been offensive to him; he didn't care. He'd speak up when he had an idea, but he hadn't gone in expecting any of them would be good. If they ever needed to know detonation velocity of TNT or calories per mole of an explosive reaction, he'd be their main man. For the time being, he was the holder of the ever-giving mobile phone light.

"The whole bit about riddles as an art, and one last one he'd like to impart? At least it rhymes. Everyone knows every good riddle rhymes." He found himself looking up to the statues again. Statues, graves, bones, dust—wasn't much of a riddle he could see. "I dunno. I got nothing, but who the hell bears no secrets in life? Everyone bears secrets in life. Pfff. Guy is lying in a riddle. That's pretty lame. Wasn't the brotherhood a giant secret?" he asked, waving his hand. "You know, like the librarian who wouldn't talk to us about it?"

Orion flicked his fingers again, the long strand of cobweb still sticking to him. He ended up wiping it off on the front of his jacket with a frown. The statues were neat, but he was getting really sick of finding dust in his hair, eyes, and everywhere. "I hope the next clue is at a Roman bath or something," he said with a lopsided grin.

"Maybe natural hot springs? That'd be nice."

Realizing he was not helping the situation at all, he fell silent for a moment, considering riddles in a crypt. "Why is a raven like a writing desk?"

CORRINA JACOBS

"Oh my God..." Standing suddenly, she turned to him, beaming as she reached out to grab his hand, "Orion! You're a genius! It is in the name! But it's not the heart! It's the secrets!"

Tugging him gently, back in the direction they had come from, she bent down at one of the statues. It appeared with little difference from the rest, worn stone with a vague expression, one arm crossed over its chest, clamped around an ornate bronze crucifix.

"The name, Orion. Seriózní. It means Earnest. Which is another word for honest. No secrets. No lies... It's in the name. It has to be. And this?" Pointing to the cross, she grinned, "That's gotta be our clue."

Orion Petrove

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves here," he replied. "I've spent a long time ensuring everyone knows I'm not a genius, just to keep all the expectations about me low."

She took his hand and pulled him along in her usual fashion and he followed, holding up the flashlight with the other, just to be careful he didn't run into anything. Partially blind didn't usually hinder him much. He had pretty good vision, he could still drive, and his depth perception was normal, but nighttime? Darkness? The weaknesses really began to show then. He struggles most in the low-lighting, and felt uneasy just rushing off behind her, because there hahd been incidents in his dark apartment, or a dark hotel room, where he had walked into a chair… a book case… a table.

He could usually memorize his layout, but they'd been in the crypt for so little time, statues were just jumping out of nowhere in his field of vision, and he was hesitant to rush. He figured he'd already bothered the poor doctor enough for a few days with his shoulder, he didn't need to go to her because he busted up his nose and orbital bones walking in to a marble statue.

He made it, impediment free, and shined a light on the plague. "The cross?" he questioned, shining the light to it. "Well, heck, are they trying to say we all need a little more Jesus in our lives? Because there are two in particular on our trip I would say need a little more Jesus." He glanced back over his shoulder, partially to check if Hadassah and her henchman had heard, and partially hoping they had. They weren't anywhere nearby, and to that, he frowned, but turned back to the statue.

"Alright, well, should we get Gideon? He said to let him know before anyone touches anything." Not that it stopped him from running his hands over some of the statues, but he figured there was a slight different between poking some marble and man-handling a cross on a crypt statue.
[/hr]

CORRINA JACOBS

Grinning at him, she shook her head, "Sorry, Bonito. Secret's out. This has to be it. This has got to be the answer. Nothing else makes sense..." There were other options, of course, but they were stretches... Awkward and uncertain. This was the first time the riddle and what they discovered went hand in hand.

He joked about Hadassah and her journalist lacky, but the words were lost on her. This was it. This was the first clue. She could feel it, building... Bubbling inside her. This was real...

Her eyes hovered over the cross, taking in the eccentricity of its detailed design. It was stunning... Bronze, with stone filigree throughout, and two bright red gemstones alongside a magnificent metal orb she had never before seen.

Looking back to Orion, she nodded, "Yeah. We should definitely get Gideon."

Last edited:
Orion Petrove

If he didn't know her in the slightest, the look in Corrina's eyes would have struck him as dangerous. They weren't greedy, no, but something else entirely. Lustful, almost. For the find, for the adventure… for whatever kept her ticking on their mission. It was the same look he'd seen in Hadassah's eyes just that morning, but kinder, and he realized abruptly how quickly they could all get sucked in over their heads. For some, it was money, others, adventure… recognition, pride. Whatever it was, whatever was at the other end of the clues, it was going to be hard to fight the deadly sins that followed them all. That much was painfully clear.

Reaching out, he gripped Corrina's shoulder with a firm grasp. "Nice work," he complimented, reversing the expression on his face and allowing for a small smile. He gave her should an affectionate squeeze before letting his fingers sliding away and turning to go find their bulky security friend, sliding the phone into his pocket as he did so. "Don't forget to turn work off for a bit, alright?"

The crypt, for as large as it was, allowed him to walk the alleys and passages until he found the person he was looking for. Coming up behind him, Orion kept his voice a little lower. "Corrina think she has something over by the entrance. We thought it best to grab you before, uh, you know… we desecrate a grave." With a waving gesture for Gideon to follow, Orion led the way back to where Corinna and the statue baring the cross stood, tall and proud.

"She thinks this one is correct because the dude's name means Earnest. You know, the whole… doesn't tell a lie bit? I'm sure she'll be able to explain it better." Pulling her phone from his pocket, he extended it out to her with another shy smile blossoming across the edge of his lips.
[/hr]

CORRINA JACOBS

A brow lifted at his comments, and for a moment, she watched him as he wandered off. She couldn't imagine where he'd gotten the impression she was being consumed by the work, but his concern had been nice, all the same. She wasn't used to someone caring about her well being that way - not a friend or colleague... and certainly not someone she was attracted to in any way. She didn't want him thinking she was losing it... getting in over her head, though... and that was something they could discuss later.

When Gideon arrived, she gestured to the plaque on the bottom of the statue and then the cross, explaining again about the last name in Czech and how it correlated to the clue... About the cross being the artifact that they were looking for. While Orion had been away, she'd studied it a little closer, and she was determined that the metal was nothing she had seen before. It would need to be confirmed, certainly, but she had little doubts it wasn't their clue.

"Wouldn't have found it without Orion's nudge about the names. I was thinking too literal... looking for an actual riddle. Breezed right past the obvious. If he hadn't said what he had about the secrets..." Shaking her head, she stepped back, away from the statue, while Gideon eyed it, clearly thinking of a way to remove the cross without disturbing the artifact or statue, itself. Finally, he turned and called out for Enna.

"Better someone with practiced hands gives it a go, I think..."

Orion Petrove

The nod to his help, though unnecessary, was appreciated. He smiled softly, sliding his hands into his coat pockets. "Again, I didn't really do anything with any purpose. It was just a coincidence." Glory was unimportant to him, it always had been, and he generally preferred to keep behind the curtain than standing out on the stage.

Either way, he was looking forward to getting out of the crypt. The sooner they could find the clue and return to fresh air, the better off he'd be. Confined, dark spaces were fine—he could tolerate them well enough—but he preferred not to, if he didn't have to. Furthermore, he was getting really tired of not being confident with where he was going, hoping he didn't break a toe, or a nose, because he couldn't see.

"Well?" he asked once Enna had managed to get it down. "Is it our next clue or a chunk of pretty ornamental?"
[/hr]

Enna Sparks

"You want me to get up where?"
Enna turned to face the statue, hands on her hips, and having to tilt her head back to look up. The statue loomed towards the crypt ceiling, and the embellished cross in the hands of the statue was well above her head, and well out of her reach, unless she could get up on the pedestal block. "I can probably get it, sure, I just need a hand up." There was no denying that Enna was daintier than Gideon, in figure and in hand, and knowing surgery as long as she did, extracting the cross without damaging the statue wasn't intimidating to her. She'd replaced entire human hearts in her time.

Holding her hand out to Gideon and wiggling her fingers to him, Enna stepped up on to the pedestal with his boost and caught her balance with a small wobble. It wasn't the easiest angle to stand at but the cross was right at her eye level. With a small tug, taking care not to bust off one of the old statue's poor fingers, Enna managed to free their next clue. Again, she took Gideon's hand to help her back off. The cross, though beautiful, was caked in a layer of grime.

Picking some of it free and dusting it off on the thigh of her jeans, she cleaned it up as best as she could with her limited resources before extending it out towards Corrina. "There you are. Once priceless artifact that is sure to get us all arrested if we get discovered walking out with it."
[/hr]

Last edited:
CORRINA JACOBS

For all he kept saying he didn't deserve credit, Corrina knew the pain of being denied what one was due. All too often, people in her position were the invisible force behind things, and it got more than a little frustrating, never being recognized. Whether he wanted it or not, she would always be sure to notice a job well done... and that went for any one of the other team members. Even Hadassah, if it came down to it.

Stepping back further, she watched as Gideon called Enna over, and when the doctor approach, Corrina moved closer to Orion, beaming up at the statue with a shake of her head, "This is amazing. Like watching history happen." If it was indeed the clue, they were going to be one step closer...

GIDEON KERNS

Chuckling at Enna's brief surprise, Gideon shook his head and braced his fingers together to help her up onto the statue. It was a small miracle, really, that no one had come yet, to check on them... and he hoped it would hold out just a little while longer. As much as he feared another runin with the gun-happy German, he was somehow more afraid of the monks above them. Guns, he could handle... but any men of the cloth???

When Enna climbed back down, he helped her to her feet, keeping his hands on her waist perhaps a minute or two longer than was actually necessary, with a small, sly smile. But when she turned to give the cross to Corrina, his expression sobered and he pointed to her bag, "Put it in there. We'll slip out as quietly as possible, and pray no one asks us to fill out a survey."

Corrina nodded, sliding it into her messenger bag, and with the cross hidden away, he turned to the others, "Alright... Let's move out. Nice and calm everyone. No ripples."

Orion Petrove

With the piece neatly tucked away, hidden in Corrina's messenger bag, Orion gave a smile. He was the first up the stairs, happy to not only get out of the crypt, but because he had an idea in mind. The place was not exactly tight on security, but they did have one security officer posted at the visitors welcoming cart at the front, where they entered. There had been two of them, the security guard and the visitor guide, who was a brilliantly smiling blonde with a thick pony-tail and overly-large front teeth with a gap between them.

Once on the main floor, looking around and dusting himself off, Orion sauntered up towards the visitor's desk and propped an elbow down on it. "Hello," he said, catching the attention of both the blonde and the security guard. He smiled, tilting his head to look at her name tag, though he couldn't have pronounced the girl's name if he wanted to.

"Do you speak English?" he asked, to which she nodded, eagerly greeting him and asking if there was anything she could do to help him around the facility.

"Hey, man, I like your shoes," he said, motioning towards the security guard. The man with a neck as thick as Orion's forearm turned to him, having to bow at the waist slightly to look down at his shoes. In broken English, the security replied.

"Uh, thank you much," he answered.
[/hr]

Enna Sparks

"This almost feels like I'm back at college," Enna mentioned amusedly as she made her way up the narrow stone stairs, glancing back to Gideon. "Surrounded by dusty skeletons, though at med school, we didn't have ancient statues."

Back on the ground floor, she paused a moment as her eyes readjusted, blinking a few times and making her way casually back towards the front door. She paused only briefly to hook her arm in Gideon's. "That was pretty incredible," she said like they toured the entire place. "So much history. How fascinating. The audio tour was a little boring, though."

Noting from the corner of her eye that Orion had the security guard busy, she snapped her fingers at Corrina and waved her forward with a sly smile, so they could all slip past the front doors before Orion lost the guard's attention. Perhaps security wouldn't have stopped them, with or without Orion's diversion, but it was better to be safe than sorry, and having to explain how an ancient relic ended up in their possession.
[/hr]

CORRINA & GIDEON

Gideon leading the way after Orion, he glanced over to Enna with a grin and nodded. Acting had never been his strong suit, but when it came to preserving their safety, he'd win an Oscar if he had to, "Better than the tour at the Klementium, anyway. But I hear the audio at the Orlaj is pretty epic."

His eyes flickered to the security booth, just briefly, as casually as he could manage, before returning to Enna and as Corrina came along side her, sliding her arm through the blonde's like a good friend might, he smirked. Nothing suspicious about a bunch of American tourists, complaining about the audio quality.

Blessedly, they made it outside without a fuss, and Gideon glanced back to count the party, but his smile faded as he realized they were two short... not one. His eyes scanned through the crew and shutting his eyes a moment, he swore.

"Hadassah."

HADASSAH FREILERMAN

Of course that uptight linguist bitch would find the clue. Of course. Hadassah had searched. With all her energy and intelligence, she had searched, and come up empty. And who got the glory? The win? That obnoxious twerp woman. She wanted to hit her... never before had she wanted to hit someone so hard. But they were called to leave, and naturally, that's what the rest of the sheep decided to do.

And Hadassah might've cooperated. Might've actually kept moving, and left... but her eyes moved to Orion and with a smirk, at the very last second, she ducked out of the group and crossed over to where he stood, beside the security booth, "Sweetheart!" She chimed, with a brilliant smile, "There you are! I got stuck at the back of that throng there." Her arm looped through his, she looked to the woman behind the desk, the security guard and nodded, "And I thought keeping track of him in the grocery store was hard..."

Orion Petrove

"What are those? Patent leather?" Orion cocked more weight on to his elbow, pretending to be quite involved with the glossy black loafer shoe the security guard was wearing. The man seemed more than happy to show them off, too, kicking his leg back so he could show off the bran stamp on the heel. If the brand was impressive, Orion didn't know, but he nodded with impressed acknowledgement, making a soft humming 'wow' as he did. He kept glancing towards the door, and when he saw what he thought was the last of their group making it out, he smiled.

"Nice talking to you b-" but he wasn't able to finish before he was truncated and the little game of roleplaying was taken too far. "Oh, uhh," he murmured, the weight sinking on his arm. "Yes, hello." He stared as if Hadassah had produced a rhinoceros from her pocket. Sparks flew through his brain, desperately trying to connect the dots, but instead just causing a short circuit. Clearing his throat, he swiped the taken aback expression off his face with a shake of head.

"We should get outside to meet our, uh, friends. You know." His elbow clenched down on the arm slipped between it like a vice and he pulled, with some force, her away from the booth. "I didn't know we were grocery shopping together now," he hissed below his breath, walking her with purpose outside the front doors and going to shake his arm free.

Whatever angle she was playing, he didn't like it. He didn't like being used like someone's play thing, and he got the distinct gut feeling that Hadassah didn't have his, or anyone else's except her own, best interest at heart.
[/hr]

HADASSAH FREILERMAN

Still smiling, as if his words meant absolutely nothing to her... and in truth, they did, because Hadassah had absolutely no qualms about getting any one of those morons outside arrested, her shoulders bounced in a subtle shrug, "You were losing the gap-toothed blonde. I think she was expecting you to flirt with her, not drool over a pair of loafers."

Looking back over her shoulder, she smiled brilliantly, "They're still there... We're not being followed." And there was a quality to her voice that almost sounded as if she expected a thank you. In truth, she never anticipated gratitude. Some people, after all, just didn't have an appreciation for her particular brand of thinking. The way she worked wasn't conventional, perhaps, and she never made a habit of being in it for anyone but herself, but she got things done, and that's all that mattered.

As they stepped outside, she waited a few seconds before releasing his arm, sure to give Enna and Corrina a beaming smile, before she stepped away to find her journalist counterpart.

Gideon, meanwhile, shook his head and with a sigh, gestured everyone to the town cars, "Let's get back to the hotel, so we can look over what we've found and try to make sense of it..."

Moving back up the stairs, Corrina approached Orion, biting back a frown as she watched Hadassah, slipping into one of the cars, "...Good call on the security guard. How'd you know he into guys?"

Orion Petrove

Orion watched as Hadassah whisked away, having informed him of what he'd done wrong. It didn't bother him really, but he couldn't hide the shock from his face at hearing it. He really had wanted to believe she wasn't as bad as she first announced she was, that she had just been a little anxious, excited, or scared, and had given everyone the wrong impression to start. It seemed that wasn't the case. He didn't thank her, though he could tell she very much expected the fawning. Even if she had done something worthwhile, he wasn't sure he could bring himself to utter the words.

Perhaps that made him petty. He didn't care about that, either.

It wasn't long before Corrina was back at his side, and he glanced her way as her company proved to always be much more pleasant. "I didn't," he admitted with a shrug. "But when a guy wears shoes that polished and well cared for, you know he wants them to be noticed," Orion pointed out. It had been a simple observation he'd made when they walked in. Though, initially, his thoughts had been more along the lines of 'that guy must really love his shoes. Too bad they're hideous.' Either way, all worked out and they had the next clue, or so he hoped.

They hadn't given it much of a glance over to confirm or refute their hunch. It'd be a terrible disappointment to get all the way back to the hotel to find they've reached a dead end.

Stepping towards one of the town cars, he opened it for Corrina and waved her inside.
[/hr]

Kristof Fischer

"So," Kristof murmured, sliding into the same car as Hadassah did with his phone in hand. "Two things," he said, slamming the door shut with a smirk once they were in privacy. "One, I found this godly picture of our Adonis on some chick's Facebook, and I made it my phone background." Kristof flashed the screen and, sure enough, some candid picture of Gideon had been blown up huge as his cell phone background.

"Dreamy, right? Well, that aside," he cleared his throat, as if to pause for effect, "I haven't found much about the linguist, Orion, or Gideon yet, but I did find something about our darling doctor. What's her name, Sparky?" He rolled his eyes with great effort. "Anyways, I found her high school valedictorian speech on Youtube, and I wanted to watch the dorkiness for laughs while you all crawled around the crypts like mummies. Lo and behold," he smirked, "she spent a fair amount of time discussing her life with an incurable genetic disease. Sparky isn't feeling so sparky, I guess."

He hummed, folding one leg over the other. "I'm still working on cracking some of the others, but they're a little harder. Military files are private, incidentally." His eyes rolled. "And your buddy Orion is about as computer friendly as a block of cheese, so, his Facebook page goes back, like… a month and a half."
[/hr]

HADASSAH FREILERMAN

Grinning, Hadassah looked over to Kristof, and for the first time, there was a sense of appreciation for the man. He had done his homework, alright, and she was impressed, "Hm... You and I, Kristof. We are going to do some amazing things together, my friend."

Tapping her chin, she considered the information, considered what best to do with it, "I think we'll hold onto it for now. The information. Use it when it comes to our benefit. Keep looking into the others. I'll see if I can't figure out our linguist's last name. There has to be a roster of crew members we can get our hands on. In the meantime, I think I'm getting under Orion's skin. Won't be long before that tension breaks, one way or another..."

CORRINA JACOBS

As she sank into a seat in the car, her breath escaped in a sigh, and she hugged the bag close to her chest. It hardly seemed possible that they had found the first clue, especially after the nightmare they'd had the night before, but she had to hope. She had to hope that something had gone right. That they could move forward. A little success wouldn't completely obliterate the memory of being held at gun point, but it would be a plus, for sure.

Looking over to Orion, she smiled faintly, shaking her head, "Okay. I'm just gonna say it. We make a really good team. I don't think I would have figured any of that out without you. I'm just... I'm praying right now what we have is the real thing. I have a good feeling about it, but that confirmation... you know?" Breathing out, she sank back into the seat.

"...But you're right. I get a little wrapped up. Ambition was sort of... drilled into my head. And I forget sometimes, to just... let go. So maybe when we get back, after I hand this over to the crew so they can look it over, you and I could... we could do something?"

GIDEON KERNS

Slipping into a car behind Enna, Gideon rubbed his hands over his face with a small laugh, shaking her head, "Okay... So. Next time? You and me... we're going with the whole nap-time thing."

In terms of missions, it wasn't a complete disaster. In reality, it was pretty successful, but between the risk of being arrested and then Hadassah's last minute off-book game changer, he was exhausted. It really was genuinely like babysitting, and he had never been one for children.

"You, though... painted one hell of a picture, scaling that statue." Grinning, he winked across to her, "So I guess there's something I can take away from today."

Orion Petrove

"What we have is real?" he echoed, like he wasn't quite sure what he meant. He was silent for a moment, staring at the headrest of the seat in front of him. The back of the driver's bald head peaked through on either side, as did his ears, which wildly bowed outwards to each side. "I don't know," he admitted after a moment's pause. "We've only know eachother for, what, three days? I think we're only just scratching the surface of who each other is, but it seems like this journey will give us a lot of time to figure it out."

He spoke slowly at first, quietly, as if unsure how to go about actually expressing the words. Still, a faint smile remained curled at the very edges of his lips. "What I'm trying to say is, I don't know what this is, if it's something big, or it's nothing, but I'd like to see it through and figure it out." Orion wasn't one for big proclamations. In fact, he wasn't one for big declarations in any regard. He didn't need recognition, or huge romantic gestures. He preferred to spend his life just sort of bumbling along, letting the breeze of life carry him along whatever path it chose. For now, the path in front of him was Corrina, and whatever the nature of their relationship—friendship, whatever it was—could be.

"I'd like to do something with you tonight, yes," he agreed, a bit more readily than he had before. "I'm not sure how much energy I'll have after today's events," he admitted, "but maybe a drink out at the hotel bar? Or something? Or a walk through the city at night. We are in Europe, after all. Don't just get to take night walks in Europe every day."
[/hr]

Enna Sparks

Enna was more excited than tired. Not so much about the clue—that was fine, she supposed—but oh, the skeletons. What she would have given to be able to look at them. Since seeing her first skeleton, it fascinated her how much could be told from them. Illnesses often presented on bones, diseases, gender, causes of death… if she hadn't been drawn so into emergency medicine, she might have considered a career in criminology. Studying corpses would have been right up her ally, but as it was a rather unusual and horrifying interest, she kept her mouth shut. Instead, she'd send a few excited texts to her med friends back home.

People who would not be oddly weirded out when she causally mentioned things like 'I saw skeletons!' and 'It was awesome!!'

She smiled, and thunked her head against Gideon's shoulder, her eyes rolled up to watch him as he rubbed his face with a moan. "I'll take that as an invitation," she quipped with a smirk. The whole team seemed to be in a bit higher of spirits than the day before's outing, and Enna was no exception. There had been no gun, no dislocated shoulder, but they had some initial success.

"Yea, though, I will say if I knew I had to hike up a statue, I wouldn't have worn such tight jeans." They weren't skin tight, per se, but they weren't exactly acrobatic worthy. "I'm figuring this whole 'Indiana Jones' look out, bit by bit. I really should have brought contacts, though."
[/hr]