The Law of Shiki Tohno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Len02.png

"...!"

Len pointed her finger right in the direction right in front of Minato, hiding behind him. In the distance, the rustling of trees could be heard while birds could be seen suddenly flying off into the sky, as though drawn away by whatever was deep in the woods. Whatever was out there, it was much more dangerous than a mere rabbit like last night.

The air became somewhat tense as Len and Minato would be able to sense the presence steadily growing closer and closer as time went on, before it would feel like it, whatever or whoever it was, was practically right in front of them. Just at the edge between light and darkness, cast upon by the shadows of the trees, Minato would just barely be able to make out what seemed to be... a muscular man with unusual clothing.

Kouma02.png

"..."

And now that he was here, he suddenly let out an air that seemed... familiar to Minato.

"It has been quite a while. Hasn't it, young man?"

@The Tactician

Last edited:
Len02.png

"...!"

Len pointed her finger right in the direction right in front of Minato, hiding behind him. In the distance, the rustling of trees could be heard while birds could be seen suddenly flying off into the sky, as though drawn away by whatever was deep in the woods. Whatever was out there, it was much more dangerous than a mere rabbit like last night.

The air became somewhat tense as Len and Minato would be able to sense the presence steadily growing closer and closer as time went on, before it would feel like it, whatever or whoever it was, was practically right in front of them. Just at the edge between light and darkness, cast upon by the shadows of the trees, Minato would just barely be able to make out what seemed to be... a muscular man with unusual clothing.

Kouma02.png

"..."

And now that he was here, he suddenly let out an air that seemed... familiar to Minato.

"It has been quite a while. Hasn't it, young man?"

@The Tactician
"So it has been, Kouma Kishima."

tumblr_inline_na9b1eZMCs1slw3q6.png

Minato certainly recognized the man, the one he, Frank Castle, and a tactician by the name of Robin once met in a forest much like this one. That didn't mean Minato trusted him at all in the here and now, no matter what their previous acquaintanceship might have been. This man had been the one to destroy Shiki's birth family years before, eradicating all but the boy himself, and with Shiki missing at the moment, it left little to the imagination.

"So then, what exactly are you doing here? Are you the reason Shiki's missing this morning?"

Especially when this man was supposed to be dead or at the very least gone. This wasn't the time to let his guard down.​

Kouma01.png

Stepping out of the shadows, exposing the rest of his body to the morning sun, the man, or rather, the sentient copy of the real man named Kouma Kishima, with his signature blank, cryptic expression, simply stared emptily at Minato, slowly shaking his head at the younger man's inquiry.

"No. He and I have not met this morning, and for the brief time that I have left on this Earth, I intend for it to stay that way," he spoke, Len still remaining cautious of him in the meantime, not even daring to hiss at him, "Tell me... What might you and the boy be doing in such a place like this?"

Last edited:
Kouma01.png

Stepping out of the shadows, exposing the rest of his body to the morning sun, the man, or rather, the sentient copy of the real man named Kouma Kishima, with his signature blank, cryptic expression, simply stared emptily at Minato, slowly shaking his head at the younger man's inquiry.

"No. He and I have not met this morning, and for the brief time that I have left on this Earth, I intend for it to stay that way," he spoke, Len still remaining cautious of him in the meantime, not even daring to hiss at him, "Tell me... What might you and the boy be doing in such a place like this?"
"He got lost, I was sent to find him," It seemed the atmosphere wouldn't become any less tense no matter how long the discussion went on. The man across from Minato still held the same cold, lifeless expression that he had during their first encounter, and it only unnerved the high schooler even more now than it did then, "So, why are you here? Shouldn't you be gone now with Fiamma being gone and all?"

"..."

Continuing to stare emptily, the individual who adopted the name of "Kouma Kishima" did not give a reply at first, the notion only making Len more cautious and heavily wary of the man. However, in due time, he would open his mouth once again, letting the words flow out as his unwavering eye continued to just endlessly stare.

"It is said that when a person's body dies, their consciousness remains intact for a few moments longer. Some could say that it is a similar case here. Perhaps I continue to remain in this world because I simply will myself to," he spoke, his body remaining still as a statue, "Or... Another possibility; my existence has not been fulfilled. It is also said that spirits remain in the world of the living because their wish has not been fulfilled. That was the case with Satsuki Yumizuka. She was the Nanaya's first lover, whom he had loved and lost before ever getting involved in those Murder Games," Kouma said, his tone lacking any sense of emotion as usual.

"However, the "true" Kouma Kishima never had aspirations of his own, except to disappear and let his cursed bloodline die off with him forever. He believed he would have been content with never interacting with the outside world again. And yet, a contradiction in his thinking existed; he would have liked to meet the young man again whom he spared when he was but a child, as he believed that they would meet again. But that would raise the question... Is the meeting truly fated to be? Or is it something that would be better off never becoming fulfilled?"

@The Tactician

"..."

Continuing to stare emptily, the individual who adopted the name of "Kouma Kishima" did not give a reply at first, the notion only making Len more cautious and heavily wary of the man. However, in due time, he would open his mouth once again, letting the words flow out as his unwavering eye continued to just endlessly stare.

"It is said that when a person's body dies, their consciousness remains intact for a few moments longer. Some could say that it is a similar case here. Perhaps I continue to remain in this world because I simply will myself to," he spoke, his body remaining still as a statue, "Or... Another possibility; my existence has not been fulfilled. It is also said that spirits remain in the world of the living because their wish has not been fulfilled. That was the case with Satsuki Yumizuka. She was the Nanaya's first lover, whom he had loved and lost before ever getting involved in those Murder Games," Kouma said, his tone lacking any sense of emotion as usual.

"However, the "true" Kouma Kishima never had aspirations of his own, except to disappear and let his cursed bloodline die off with him forever. He believed he would have been content with never interacting with the outside world again. And yet, a contradiction in his thinking existed; he would have liked to meet the young man again whom he spared when he was but a child, as he believed that they would meet again. But that would raise the question... Is the meeting truly fated to be? Or is it something that would be better off never becoming fulfilled?"

@The Tactician
tumblr_inline_na98s0pTaH1slw3q6.png

"... To be honest... It's best you go ahead and face the meeting, though I'll be keeping an eye on you."

It might have been odd for others to be so resigned to something that might be called fate. However, Minato knew better than to fight against the force of inevitability, "Running away from it won't resolve the issue, perhaps leaving you trapped in an endless existence of wandering aimlessly. Besides, it might help him to face his past involving you. Recently, Shiki has been... struggling with his identity and what he should live for. Some sort of enlightenment may come from speaking with you, helping you both or at the very least crossing off one reason for why you still linger here."

"I suggest you wait here for now if you wish to go along with the idea. He's sure to return here with supplies of some sort."

JFpwVF8.png

"... Hmm."

Kishima pondered Minato's words for a brief moment, fully stepping into the light of the sun above and the fire below. As it became easier to see him, the white coat planted in a flimsy manner on his shoulders becoming more and more visible, previously obscured by the shadows he had been engulfed in, the man continued to make no change in his facial expression. His face truly was like a mask, hiding whatever he might have been thinking deftly.

"What to live for... I see. So that is how it has been with the young Nanaya. Though I suppose I shall refrain from calling him that. Kiri Nanaya, his father, is a name that he would like to forget. Yes... It is just like him to want to carve a name for himself, rather than be tied to who he was born to be... A killer for the Nanaya..." The man spoke, crossing his arms briefly, before giving Len a brief look, "Demon, you see it in his dreams, don't you? His struggle to retain who he currently is, even if the boy he is right now is a fake persona manifested by Makihisa Tohno, yes?"

len02_zps9d3925c1.png

After a moment of hesitation, Len simply nodded silently, verbally affirming Kishima's words. The exchange gave Minato little context of who was who, but he could take a guess if he really wanted to.

Before long, Kouma would then proceed to turn to Minato, uncrossing his arms with that. "And what of you, boy? Do you have anything in your own life figured out?"

@The Tactician

Last edited:
JFpwVF8.png

"... Hmm."

Kishima pondered Minato's words for a brief moment, fully stepping into the light of the sun above and the fire below. As it became easier to see him, the white coat planted in a flimsy manner on his shoulders becoming more and more visible, previously obscured by the shadows he had been engulfed in, the man continued to make no change in his facial expression. His face truly was like a mask, hiding whatever he might have been thinking deftly.

"What to live for... I see. So that is how it has been with the young Nanaya. Though I suppose I shall refrain from calling him that. Kiri Nanaya, his father, is a name that he would like to forget. Yes... It is just like him to want to carve a name for himself, rather than be tied to who he was born to be... A killer for the Nanaya..." The man spoke, crossing his arms briefly, before giving Len a brief look, "Demon, you see it in his dreams, don't you? His struggle to retain who he currently is, even if the boy he is right now is a fake persona manifested by Makihisa Tohno, yes?"

len02_zps9d3925c1.png

After a moment of hesitation, Len simply nodded silently, verbally affirming Kishima's words. The exchange gave Minato little context of who was who, but he could take a guess if he really wanted to.

Before long, Kouma would then proceed to turn to Minato, uncrossing his arms with that. "And what of you, boy? Do you have anything in your own life figured out?"

@The Tactician
tumblr_inline_na98u1TOyH1slw3q6.png

"How do you mean?" He tilted his head to the side, evidently confused in some way by the inquiry, "If you mean something like what I want to do with my life and what I want it to mean, then it's very simple... Well, it is in a way. I want to live for my friends... Friends like Shiki and the people I've met at our school... I want to live for Ciel as well and to not abandon them by dying again. It's weird, but I just want to be able to keep my bonds with them strong and to be able to see them happy."

"As for what I want to do as work... No idea at the moment," He waved off the implied question, as if not really bothered by it, "Though I'm sure I'll find something soon."

Last edited by a moderator:
Kouma01.png

"I see... In essence, you simply want to maintain a peaceful life, free of conflict if it is able to be helped. And most of the time... It is able to be helped, isn't it? This tranquil aspect of your life... To be content with it and desiring to keep things like that..."

Though his facial expression had grown no more gentle than it usually was, it was evident that there seemed to be a hint of understanding in Kishima's voice, as though he also yearned for that kind of sentiment.

"However... Even if it is against the wishes of whoever had sent you here, perhaps you should have considered that... A peaceful life is something that others can not live with, the young Nanaya being a core example, though I suppose you've already been convinced to accept him as he is for the time being," he continued, his words implying that he had been watching as early as the previous night, before his one visible eye would suddenly seem to look past Minato, like something or someone was behind him, "I suppose you have a better way with words than I do. Don't you, Nanaya?"

Shiki04.png

"You really like using that name that you weren't supposed to say, huh?" Shiki would ask, having been standing behind Minato for quite some time now, using his subconscious Nanaya training to hide his presence, though it didn't seem like he was able to evade Kouma's senses for very long, if at all.

Setting what seemed to be some more dead rabbits onto the ground, Shiki stepped forward, a few steps behind Minato.

"Arisato-kun... I'd suggest you take a step back. That man is dangerous, you know."

Kouma made no move in response, standing absolutely still. The way he was standing left him completely open and vulnerable should Shiki choose to abruptly attack, and he said nothing to defend himself verbally as well for whatever reason.

@The Tactician

Last edited:
Kouma01.png

"I see... In essence, you simply want to maintain a peaceful life, free of conflict if it is able to be helped. And most of the time... It is able to be helped, isn't it? This tranquil aspect of your life... To be content with it and desiring to keep things like that..."

Though his facial expression had grown no more gentle than it usually was, it was evident that there seemed to be a hint of understanding in Kishima's voice, as though he also yearned for that kind of sentiment.

"However... Even if it is against the wishes of whoever had sent you here, perhaps you should have considered that... A peaceful life is something that others can not live with, the young Nanaya being a core example, though I suppose you've already been convinced to accept him as he is for the time being," he continued, his words implying that he had been watching as early as the previous night, before his one visible eye would suddenly seem to look past Minato, like something or someone was behind him, "I suppose you have a better way with words than I do. Don't you, Nanaya?"

Shiki04.png

"You really like using that name that you weren't supposed to say, huh?" Shiki would ask, having been standing behind Minato for quite some time now, using his subconscious Nanaya training to hide his presence, though it didn't seem like he was able to evade Kouma's senses for very long, if at all.

Setting what seemed to be some more dead rabbits onto the ground, Shiki stepped forward, a few steps behind Minato.

"Arisato-kun... I'd suggest you take a step back. That man is dangerous, you know."

Kouma made no move in response, standing absolutely still. The way he was standing left him completely open and vulnerable should Shiki choose to abruptly attack, and he said nothing to defend himself verbally as well for whatever reason.

@The Tactician
tumblr_inline_na9afgBXQQ1slw3q6.png

Minato sighed as he did he was asked, not at all surprised by Shiki's sudden appearance. He had grown used to the teen's ability to disappear and reappear whenever he wished by this point, and it wouldn't keep him from remaining on his toes, "Be careful yourself, Shiki. I'd rather not bring you home early and in a body bag."

Shiki03.png

"Well, even if that would be so, I don't intend to die with regrets. I don't mind dying, but there are things I have to do, so that's why I keep living," Shiki said idly, his hands moving to take off his glasses, his normally gray eyes shining a bright color as his Mystic Eyes would begin to activate, before Kishima would suddenly speak again.

"That is a flawed way of thinking, Nanaya. In fact, I would even say that way of thinking is what caused the downfall of your father all those years ago," the muscled man would say, still not making a single move to defend himself should there be a fight, "In any case... While you may possess more power than Kiri Nanaya ever did, as well as the familiarity with death, you lack the resolve to find the path that you claim to already be traveling down."

"Oi, oi, are you deaf? You keep using the name that you're not allowed to mention, like you have a death wish, but I suppose we're both already dead in a sense anyway, no?"

"Claiming to be dead at such an age before picking a battle in which you could easily die for real. What would young Akiha think?"

"..."

With the mention of the name "Akiha," Shiki would suddenly stop in his tracks, as though the name resonated with him. Perhaps it was someone whom he was close to, as Minato wouldn't know anyone with that name, though he could make a guess. Still, for whatever reason, it seemed to instantly take away any desire Shiki had to attack Kishima right there, though his eyes remained wary of the man. Taking his hand off the glasses, Shiki would sit down in front of the fire, legs criss-crossed, continuing to stare at Kishima.

"Tell me, Arisato-kun, how do you happen to know this man?"

Len03.png

Len let out a small, exasperated sigh.

@The Tactician

Last edited:
Shiki03.png

"Well, even if that would be so, I don't intend to die with regrets. I don't mind dying, but there are things I have to do, so that's why I keep living," Shiki said idly, his hands moving to take off his glasses, his normally gray eyes shining a bright color as his Mystic Eyes would begin to activate, before Kishima would suddenly speak again.

"That is a flawed way of thinking, Nanaya. In fact, I would even say that way of thinking is what caused the downfall of your father all those years ago," the muscled man would say, still not making a single move to defend himself should there be a fight, "In any case... While you may possess more power than Kiri Nanaya ever did, as well as the familiarity with death, you lack the resolve to find the path that you claim to already be traveling down."

"Oi, oi, are you deaf? You keep using the name that you're not allowed to mention, like you have a death wish, but I suppose we're both already dead in a sense anyway, no?"

"Claiming to be dead at such an age before picking a battle in which you could easily die for real. What would young Akiha think?"

"..."

With the mention of the name "Akiha," Shiki would suddenly stop in his tracks, as though the name resonated with him. Perhaps it was someone whom he was close to, as Minato wouldn't know anyone with that name, though he could make a guess. Still, for whatever reason, it seemed to instantly take away any desire Shiki had to attack Kishima right there, though his eyes remained wary of the man. Taking his hand off the glasses, Shiki would sit down in front of the fire, legs criss-crossed, continuing to stare at Kishima.

"Tell me, Arisato-kun, how do you happen to know this man?"

Len03.png

Len let out a small, exasperated sigh.

@The Tactician
Oh great, he's getting angry again and losing control... Minato knew he should have been expecting this sort of outcome. Kishima had been the one to destroy Shiki's birth family, taking away any chance of him having a normal life as he came to live under the Tohno family.

"...I met him during the last game, after my death in it along with Robin Tact and Frank Castle," What did their meeting have to do with this was now one of Minato's questions, though that would most likely be answered soon. Seeing his friend calm down and take a seat, he joined in, sitting a few feet behind him out of concern for his own safety.

"...Kiri Nanaya... Your father then? And Akiha... Some sort of family?"

Last edited by a moderator:
AM7q4PJ.png

"I see."

His response to Minato's answer was short, somewhat curt even, but he was just curious anyway. As for the question that Minato would pose in return, his expression would harden a little bit, but he would give an answer nonetheless, nodding slightly at the mention of Kiri Nanaya.

"I only have fleeting memories of him, ever since my old man -- well, the one that would adopt me, Makihisa Tohno, anyway -- used some hypnosis magecraft on me to try to wipe away my childhood memories, but I can still remember that full moon... and how glad I was that the blood that got everywhere never came close to staining that beautiful moon."

Kouma would close his eyes, sitting down on the other side of the fire, legs criss-crossed as well. "Kiri Nanaya was a strange man. One that I found myself relating to, yet at the same time, he was perhaps the most enigmatic man I had ever met. There was once a time where he cared for nothing at all, so he killed, not because he was bored and he desired to do so, but because that was the nature of the clan of assassins; the Nanaya. But when you were born, child, he had discovered something new. A new feeling. The desire to protect. So that was why he had decided to abandon the Nanaya," he explained, "Seeing the innocence in your eyes, eyes that have since been tainted with death, he wanted you to forge a path different than he did. He wanted you to live your own life, not as a Nanaya assassin, but as an individual."

"And then you killed him... Along with the entire Nanaya clan, before Makihisa had decided to take me in. I know the rest," Shiki nodded, crossing his arms.

"As for Akiha, Arisato-kun... Yeah, I suppose you could say she's my little sister. Not by blood or anything, but we were raised as siblings, and we care for each other as such," he would then continue, moving onto the next subject, "Even though she's younger than me, she tries quite hard to try to act like the older one, as the head of the Tohno family or something," Shiki would say, a small smile slightly tugging at the corners of his lips as he fondly remembered his adoptive sister, "Looking back... I think it was actually a little endearing how strict she was. She also seemed to dislike Ciel-senpai for some reason."

"... Come to think of it, Arcueid doesn't like Ciel either. I wonder if it's the whole... vampires and Church thing."

@The Tactician

AM7q4PJ.png

"I see."

His response to Minato's answer was short, somewhat curt even, but he was just curious anyway. As for the question that Minato would pose in return, his expression would harden a little bit, but he would give an answer nonetheless, nodding slightly at the mention of Kiri Nanaya.

"I only have fleeting memories of him, ever since my old man -- well, the one that would adopt me, Makihisa Tohno, anyway -- used some hypnosis magecraft on me to try to wipe away my childhood memories, but I can still remember that full moon... and how glad I was that the blood that got everywhere never came close to staining that beautiful moon."

Kouma would close his eyes, sitting down on the other side of the fire, legs criss-crossed as well. "Kiri Nanaya was a strange man. One that I found myself relating to, yet at the same time, he was perhaps the most enigmatic man I had ever met. There was once a time where he cared for nothing at all, so he killed, not because he was bored and he desired to do so, but because that was the nature of the clan of assassins; the Nanaya. But when you were born, child, he had discovered something new. A new feeling. The desire to protect. So that was why he had decided to abandon the Nanaya," he explained, "Seeing the innocence in your eyes, eyes that have since been tainted with death, he wanted you to forge a path different than he did. He wanted you to live your own life, not as a Nanaya assassin, but as an individual."

"And then you killed him... Along with the entire Nanaya clan, before Makihisa had decided to take me in. I know the rest," Shiki nodded, crossing his arms.

"As for Akiha, Arisato-kun... Yeah, I suppose you could say she's my little sister. Not by blood or anything, but we were raised as siblings, and we care for each other as such," he would then continue, moving onto the next subject, "Even though she's younger than me, she tries quite hard to try to act like the older one, as the head of the Tohno family or something," Shiki would say, a small smile slightly tugging at the corners of his lips as he fondly remembered his adoptive sister, "Looking back... I think it was actually a little endearing how strict she was. She also seemed to dislike Ciel-senpai for some reason."

"... Come to think of it, Arcueid doesn't like Ciel either. I wonder if it's the whole... vampires and Church thing."

@The Tactician
A smile played at Minato's lips as well, imagining the women in his and Shiki's lives arguing with each other, "Perhaps it's what I've been serving Ciel for dinner? Arcueid could smell the garlic that I like to add to the curry on occasion." His laugh died before it began, the Persona user not wishing to upset the delicate situation. Looking between the two who shared a past of misery and death, he couldn't help but wonder aloud, "It's strange, isn't it? Kishima destroyed the Nanaya family, sparing only you, Shiki, because of Akiha's father taking you in... But why? Why rescue you in that moment?"

"Kishima," His gaze settled upon the killer who had joined them, "Perhaps you could enlightenment as me as to why the head of the Tohno family took in the last of a family meant to be executed?"

Kouma01.png

"He was amused that the young child had the same first name as his own son, so he took him in," the copy of Kouma Kishima spoke with the most deadpan tone and expression ever.

"You think he's joking, but he's not. I can vouch for that after reading through the old man's old journals. His name was spelled differently though. With different kanji, that is. SHIKI Tohno was... crazy, even without the reincarnated spirit of an ancient vampire possessing him. It's a long story. Bottom line was... Makihisa Tohno was weird, basically."

Len03.png

Len just gave a tired look, probably judging those damn humans.

With that, Shiki would clear his throat, before continuing to talk again; "In any case... What business do you even have here, Kishima?"

"None. None at all," Kishima replied, standing up as abruptly as he had sat down, "I merely fulfilled the premonition that we would meet again. And so we have. Now, perhaps I can finally disappear from this world now that my reason for being has been fulfilled, even if I am not the real Kouma Kishima," he said calmly, turning around.

kouma0.png

"Initially, Kouma Kishima had hoped that Shiki Nanaya would have grown to be a worthy opponent like Kiri Nanaya was, only to find that Shiki Nanaya... truly was no more. You are not the same child that I had spared long ago. You are now, for all intents and purposes, the real Shiki Tohno. That is who you are, and you must take pride in that, struggle as you might to be content with who you are until you... find yourself," he murmured, beginning to walk away, "Just know that your world is a jungle right now. And as such, you must follow the law of the jungle in turn. Else the jungle will overcome you before you ever find your answer."

"What... Where do you think you're going? Hey, what are you talking about?!" Shiki exclaimed, scrambling to his feet and attempting to follow Kishima, only to be stopped when Len would grab him by the arm. From Minato's view, he wouldn't really be able to tell if Len's grip was simply that strong, or if the simple gesture of grabbing him was enough by itself to stop him, but the effect was the same altogether.

"Just know this, Nanaya... Those around you may try their best to guide you, but ultimately, this is your road, and thus, you are the only one who can grasp what it is you seek. And as for you, Arisato... Continue maintaining the life in which you find comfort and solace. Even if not everything is exactly as you'd like it to be, it is all that you have. You should... treasure what you have. After all, fortune comes to those who wait."

"... Farewell. We will not meet again, either of you. Perhaps that will be for the best."

@The Tactician

Last edited:
Kouma01.png

"He was amused that the young child had the same first name as his own son, so he took him in," the copy of Kouma Kishima spoke with the most deadpan tone and expression ever.

"You think he's joking, but he's not. I can vouch for that after reading through the old man's old journals. His name was spelled differently though. With different kanji, that is. SHIKI Tohno was... crazy, even without the reincarnated spirit of an ancient vampire possessing him. It's a long story. Bottom line was... Makihisa Tohno was weird, basically."

Len03.png

Len just gave a tired look, probably judging those damn humans.

With that, Shiki would clear his throat, before continuing to talk again; "In any case... What business do you even have here, Kishima?"

"None. None at all," Kishima replied, standing up as abruptly as he had sat down, "I merely fulfilled the premonition that we would meet again. And so we have. Now, perhaps I can finally disappear from this world now that my reason for being has been fulfilled, even if I am not the real Kouma Kishima," he said calmly, turning around.

kouma0.png

"Initially, Kouma Kishima had hoped that Shiki Nanaya would have grown to be a worthy opponent like Kiri Nanaya was, only to find that Shiki Nanaya... truly was no more. You are not the same child that I had spared long ago. You are now, for all intents and purposes, the real Shiki Tohno. That is who you are, and you must take pride in that, struggle as you might to be content with who you are until you... find yourself," he murmured, beginning to walk away, "Just know that your world is a jungle right now. And as such, you must follow the law of the jungle in turn. Else the jungle will overcome you before you ever find your answer."

"What... Where do you think you're going? Hey, what are you talking about?!" Shiki exclaimed, scrambling to his feet and attempting to follow Kishima, only to be stopped when Len would grab him by the arm. From Minato's view, he wouldn't really be able to tell if Len's grip was simply that strong, or if the simple gesture of grabbing him was enough by itself to stop him, but the effect was the same altogether.

"Just know this, Nanaya... Those around you may try their best to guide you, but ultimately, this is your road, and thus, you are the only one who can grasp what it is you seek. And as for you, Arisato... Continue maintaining the life in which you find comfort and solace. Even if not everything is exactly as you'd like it to be, it is all that you have. You should... treasure what you have. After all, fortune comes to those who wait."

"... Farewell. We will not meet again, either of you. Perhaps that will be for the best."

@The Tactician
"..."

tumblr_inline_na9beqoZVA1slw3q6.png

"Your dad seemed like a funny guy."

Well, that certainly made his opinion on Shiki's adopted father clear enough.

"Anyways... Don't worry, Kishima. I wasn't planning on giving up on my life. I've gotten used to having to wait, so it's nothing new, old man... And who knows, maybe we'll meet again and not have to worry about any sort of trouble about meeting people whose families you've killed... Anyways, see ya later, old man."

With a silent nod, the spirit who called himself "Kouma Kishima" disappeared into the forest, with Shiki only able to look on silently. He pondered Kishima's words silently, wondering what he had meant by that. By the time the man had entirely disappeared into the trees, his presence by then unable to be sensed by Shiki, Len would let go of her so-called master's arm, as the young man would stand there in silence for a few moments, sighing as he'd run a hand through his hair, as though attempting to process what was said to him.

"Today really has been a bad day..." Shiki murmured, placing a hand on his hip, "In any case, Arisato-kun... I guess it looks like this is where we'll be parting ways. I can't afford to stay in one spot, else I'll never come back home at this rate. You should probably head home too. Sorry that Len wants to stay by my side, but I guess it's for the best," he would say, idly putting out the campfire by kicking some dirt onto it.

eRaWzc6.png

"!!!"

Len's eyes would widen when he did so, tugging at Shiki's arm once again as she pointed to the dead rabbits on the ground, as though she really looked forward to having a meal. Catching onto this, Shiki grunted uncomfortably, taken aback by her sudden reaction.

"C-Calm down, Len! I have plenty of food in my bag! We'll be fine!" He exclaimed, and with that, Len would give a dejected sigh, her cat ears peering down in sadness.

"In any case... I guess we should be on our way, no?"

@The Tactician

With a silent nod, the spirit who called himself "Kouma Kishima" disappeared into the forest, with Shiki only able to look on silently. He pondered Kishima's words silently, wondering what he had meant by that. By the time the man had entirely disappeared into the trees, his presence by then unable to be sensed by Shiki, Len would let go of her so-called master's arm, as the young man would stand there in silence for a few moments, sighing as he'd run a hand through his hair, as though attempting to process what was said to him.

"Today really has been a bad day..." Shiki murmured, placing a hand on his hip, "In any case, Arisato-kun... I guess it looks like this is where we'll be parting ways. I can't afford to stay in one spot, else I'll never come back home at this rate. You should probably head home too. Sorry that Len wants to stay by my side, but I guess it's for the best," he would say, idly putting out the campfire by kicking some dirt onto it.

eRaWzc6.png

"!!!"

Len's eyes would widen when he did so, tugging at Shiki's arm once again as she pointed to the dead rabbits on the ground, as though she really looked forward to having a meal. Catching onto this, Shiki grunted uncomfortably, taken aback by her sudden reaction.

"C-Calm down, Len! I have plenty of food in my bag! We'll be fine!" He exclaimed, and with that, Len would give a dejected sigh, her cat ears peering down in sadness.

"In any case... I guess we should be on our way, no?"

@The Tactician
"Yeah, I guess so, and it's fine, Shiki-kun. She is your familiar, after all," Minato chuckled as he waved off his friend's apology. Picking himself up off the ground and brushing off some dirt off his pants, he hummed for a moment, staring at the depressed girl.

"... Well, I guess this won't hurt anything. Here, Shiki, for you and Len while you're on the road," He unzipped his bag and pulled out the remaining chocolate bars, handing them over to the teen with a sigh and something akin to a shove. One though went was placed in Len's hands with a smile before Minato turned away once again and began to walk, "Anyways, best I get home, Ciel's probably worried to death if she managed to get home in time to find me gone. Don't take too long out here, because I'd rather not learn what an angry vampire and sister are like."

vRICH4V.png

"Aha, right. You take care out there too. Promise. I'll be back before you know it," Shiki said, giving a wave, before turning around and facing the opposite direction of Minato, beginning to walk and silently gesturing Len to come with, to which she would comply, the familiar briefly looking back and giving Minato a final wave as she would leave with Shiki.

And then, just like that.

They were gone now.

- - -

cvnkykW.png

Thankfully, it wasn't too hard for Minato to navigate his way back out of the forest. Evidently, just going straight forward did not result in him unintentionally going around in circles, so within just a few minutes, the young man was able to get out of the woods and back onto the empty road. As always, with cars being somewhat of a rarity in this part of the country, it wasn't like these roads were often used anyway.

As it was still relatively early morning, the street lights were still on, and upon closer examination, it would appear that one such street light would have a peculiar individual perched on top of it.

0053.jpg

With an intense gaze that stared in the direction of the trees in which Minato had emerged from, Ciel, dressed in her standard Executor attire, seemed unaware of her lover at first, until he would draw ever so closer to her direction. In no time, her head would jerk over to Minato's direction, and it was then that upon catching sight of him, her eyes would widen in surprise, her intense gaze replaced by a look of surprise, akin to that of a normal young woman's surprise.

"M-Minato-kun?! What are you--Whaaaagh!"

THUD!

Evidently, it seemed that from her surprise, Ciel had accidentally fallen off the street light that she had been standing on, hitting the ground on her head. Thankfully, due to her hardy body, she managed to get up unscathed without so much as a bruise on her forehead, quickly attempting to play off that blunder as she'd scramble to her feet, putting away her Black Keys.

9VYFnmR.png

"Jeez, you startled me! What are you doing all the way out here, Minato-kun?"

@The Tactician

vRICH4V.png

"Aha, right. You take care out there too. Promise. I'll be back before you know it," Shiki said, giving a wave, before turning around and facing the opposite direction of Minato, beginning to walk and silently gesturing Len to come with, to which she would comply, the familiar briefly looking back and giving Minato a final wave as she would leave with Shiki.

And then, just like that.

They were gone now.

- - -

cvnkykW.png

Thankfully, it wasn't too hard for Minato to navigate his way back out of the forest. Evidently, just going straight forward did not result in him unintentionally going around in circles, so within just a few minutes, the young man was able to get out of the woods and back onto the empty road. As always, with cars being somewhat of a rarity in this part of the country, it wasn't like these roads were often used anyway.

As it was still relatively early morning, the street lights were still on, and upon closer examination, it would appear that one such street light would have a peculiar individual perched on top of it.

0053.jpg

With an intense gaze that stared in the direction of the trees in which Minato had emerged from, Ciel, dressed in her standard Executor attire, seemed unaware of her lover at first, until he would draw ever so closer to her direction. In no time, her head would jerk over to Minato's direction, and it was then that upon catching sight of him, her eyes would widen in surprise, her intense gaze replaced by a look of surprise, akin to that of a normal young woman's surprise.

"M-Minato-kun?! What are you--Whaaaagh!"

THUD!

Evidently, it seemed that from her surprise, Ciel had accidentally fallen off the street light that she had been standing on, hitting the ground on her head. Thankfully, due to her hardy body, she managed to get up unscathed without so much as a bruise on her forehead, quickly attempting to play off that blunder as she'd scramble to her feet, putting away her Black Keys.

9VYFnmR.png

"Jeez, you startled me! What are you doing all the way out here, Minato-kun?"

@The Tactician
Huh, so this is why she always takes forever getting home... He stood beneath the light post, staring up towards the assassin atop the pole. It seemed luck was on his side finding her out here; at least he would have company going home once she picked herself up.

tumblr_inline_na996nPvFm1slw3q6.png

"Oh, you know, just decided to take a walk since you were busy and all," Noticing the bruise forming on her forehead, his hand casually rose to the damaged skin with the light of a Dia spell, healing it as best he could, "You should be more careful, losing your balance like that... You're not losing your edge from not having anyone to really challenge you, are you? Or maybe it's all the curry you've been secretly enjoying when on duty?" The mirthful smirk parted slightly in a good-natured laugh at her expense before he shook his head.

"Anyways... If you're looking for Shiki-kun, he went the opposite direction of me and you should probably give up on that. That seems like the only reason you're here, so it's best you know that he really needs this journey," He waxed on with a hum, waiting to see what her response was. It would be best if he was ready for a slap, given that the woman really was a hard hitter when she was angry.​

Status
Not open for further replies.