The Last Fantasy

• Thread starter camolot the creator
  • Start date
Raezmir heard Tazmael's voice and turned around in time to catch a small brown bag with his name on it. He opened it up and found a small amount of coins, 12 health potions, and a wand that shot fire that had about 10 charges left on it. "Thanks." He said. "Although I think they gave everyone the same thing."
When he saw Elppin run up to them, and ask about the mana potions, that made Raezmir rethink what they put in the bags. "Hey, Elppin, what did you get in your bag?"

i leaned over and looked into the bad Elppin was holding. "that's... odd. the wand i can see, but the mana potions? definitely not." i opened my own bag, looking inside to find about twelve health potions, the same amount of coins and a small dagger. "can't see anything wrong with mine besides a distinct lack of mana potions; the rest is spot on, though." i proffered six of the health potions to Elppin. "here, take these; they'll tide us over until the next town, were i can hopefully get us some ingredients to make more. though, considering the current situation..." i glanced at the empty grasslands around us. "we could probably find what we need on some monster, along with a few other things."

"Yea lets" Elppin said, "and to answer your question Raezmir I got 300 gold coins, a spellbook with some pretty powerful spells and a wand of fireball, what did you guys get?"

"300 gold coins, 12 health potions, and a wand with 10 charges on it." Raezmir said. "It kinda feels like they assume that we know how to use anything and everything they throw at us."

i tightened the corner of my mouth a little. "tch: we'd better know how to use them considering our chosen professions." i removed the dagger from my bag, flipped it a few times, then grasped it in order to get a better look at it. "hmmn... fine steel, gold inlay, some minor etching on the cross-guard and the blade. this isn't a toy or some cheap tool; i have no doubt that this would cost some coin to make, and even more coin to buy. the ore necessary for this level of steel isn't cheap, nor are the tools or the spells woven within the metal." i flipped the weapon so i was holding it backhand. "not a bad little blade by any judgement. it'll do, i suppose." i rooted around for a second more in the bag, quickly located a sheath for the weapon, which i attached just below my sword for easy access. "so, before we go tromping off randomly into the flower fields in pursuit of monsters that may or may not posses what we need, due to some inane act of reality..." i folded my arms over my chest. "anyone have the slightest semblance of a plan?"

When Elppin heard Tazmael ask if they had a plan, he laughed. It wasn't meant to be insulating but it might have sounded like it, it was quick. Elppin felt awkward and said "yeah I have a plan; get in, kill everyone, get out."

Elppin realized how dark that sounded. To fix it he said "when I say everyone, I mean just the enemies." He then thought aloud "well of corse we don't exactly know what the enemy is persay, and it could be anyone. Even the so called Heros that showed it today, and they could already know that we are coming. It could be a huge trap we're walking into, but..." Elppin stoped realizing that he was talking aloud again.

Elppin then as nonchalantly as possible put his hand on his chin and turned his head to hide his embarrassment. Then said "I did hear that there is a small dungeon on our way, well a half hour detour. We might lose a day or so. But it supposedly has some pretty powerful monsters and a dungeon boss that has a rare idem if you two want to." Elppin then turned his head to look at his two...associates.

Raezmir just looked at Elppin and then crossed him arms in thought. "The princess never really said how long we had to do this quest right? So I say we go for the dungeon and prep for whatever it is that we may be up against once we hit our destination." He then uncrossed his arms and looked over to Tazmael. "The final decision is yours, we can head over to the dungeon or continue on the path we're on."

Name: Krusk Bitterleaf
Species: Orc
Class: Shaman
Story: Krusk's affinity with spiritual matter was uncovered as a young orc, when he underwent his tribe's initiation into adulthood, which entailed spending five days out in the wilderness away from the tribe without any supplies. When he was out in the wilderness he received a spiritual vision of himself walking among the spirits of nature. When he returned back to the village with his vision his tribe's elders deemed that it was a vision of the potential he could have if he followed under their elder shaman. He spent many years honing his abilities under the elder's tutelage, learning the magics and how to commune with nature. As the threat of monsters and other malicious creatures started becoming a reality he departed to join the guild in it's efforts, claiming that the spirits of nature and Yiiran both guided him to this decision.
Weapons: Wooden staff adorned with feathers and an animal skull, shortbow with 30 arrows, dagger

It had certainly been a long speech by the royalty, and from his spot near the back of the group even the officials and guards themselves seemed more than bored at the exposition. Most of it was nothing that Krusk couldn't figure out on his own, with the exception of a town seeming to cut communication like it did. The threat of the monsters was practically becoming a near everyday occurrence for the Blacktusk tribe, and the threat only seemed to get worse. The orc had felt a bit remorseful about having to depart and leave his tribe short one person when they could have needed him, but his vision had led him here. Surely Yiiran and the spirits wouldn't lie to him? During some of the speech Krusk looked around, noting who else was called out to try to handle this situation. At least there were enough of them to make some progress. The spirits went quiet long enough for him to receive his patch with the number two on it and the supplies that the other Solo Heroes received. Some coins, 12 mana potions, and a wand. From what he could discern with his own experience with magic it appeared to be a wand of lightning bolt that had 5 charges on it. These gifts were more than enough to keep things going as well. However, the only thing missing now was the other people he was supposed to partner with.

Krusk waited some period of time before departing from the meeting place, having little luck in finding his partners. Well, they were called Solo Heroes for a reason. Until they found each other he could at least make some headway towards his destination before he made camp to decide on his course of action. A couple of hours later he out in the grasslands, hopefully not much further from his destination, only stopping to hunt and eat a small meal. The sun felt nice and warm as it beat down against on his gray, tough skin as he spent time hunting. It was nice to be back in more favorable terrain. In hardly any time at all Krusk was cooking two hunted small animals over an open fire as he planned how to proceed after his meal.