The Kingdom Of Kalisa

"I-I don't see a problem with that. You know where to find me." He smiled sweetly and said his goodbyes. His mother was awaiting him when he walked back into the house. "She is beautiful William, is she not?" "Yes, she is very beautiful." William answered as he sat down for supper. He thought about her all throughout his meal and when he retired to his room. He stared out of his window, which to his unfortunate luck had a clear view of the castle. He longed to go and see her. Her beauty imprinted in his mind. The good news was he would see her again the following day. William only hoped his dad's fate would not become his own.

As Felicitas wandered home she gained many stares and whispers from the common folks. Sighing she kept her head held high and made her way to the castle. She was sure her father would reprimand her, but he always let her off the hook. After all, she was daddies little angel.

As Felicitas entered the castle grounds her father came to meet her. "Felicitas where have you been this whole day?" He questioned heavily.

"Amongst the commoners father. I went to check on our people and the conditions." Felicitas lied sweetly and smoothly. It was partly the truth however, just not the whole truth.

Her father smiled and put his hand upon her head. "That's my sweet girl, always concerned of the people. You will be a good ruler my dear."

Felicitas smiled. She loved her father dearly and would have done anything to please him.

That night at the dinner table her father and her made small talk with the servants over a large hog. The servants dined with them nightly at insistence of Felicitas. As the night carried on she excused herself and made her way to her room. Her room was high up so that she could look across the town and see the people moving about. One house in particular caught her attention, the house of William. She longed to return to the town to see him, but took comfort that she would see him tomorrow. Wanting the day to come quickly she got dressed and lay in her bed to fall asleep. She dreamed only of returning to the town and to see William that night.

William laid awake most of the night. He longed for Felicitas to be with him. Her beauty was stitched in his mind. Her soft voice echoed. How honored was William to have not one but two visitations by the princess, at her request. His heart swelled at thought. William no doubt had feelings for her. He wasn't one to jump into anything but his heart already had an extra beat for her.

Felicitas awoke early the next morning to the sounds of birds chirping. The sun was kissing the horizon, but rising steadily. Felicitas had always been first awake in the castle and today was no different. Quickly she stood and threw the comforter onto her bed. A small draft made its way under her short thin nightgown and she shivered in excitement, today she could go see William! She ran to her large closet and threw it open revealing hundreds of dresses custom made to fit her dainty form. She made her way to the very back of the walk in closet and chose one of her most flattering gowns. It was made of a fine expensive silk and it slipped over her head with ease. As she pulled the black and gold dress over her head she smiled at her reflection. The dress had a large golden trim around the neckline that plunged down to reveal much of her chest. The gold trim in the back hung down to her mid back to reveal her back. The dress was tight around the waist to reveal her trim waist and fell down to her ankles. She quickly slipped on a pair of golden slippers to go with it and ran to her vanity table to fix her hair. She combed it all back except for a few wispy strands and pulled it back with a gold comb inlayed with onyx stones. She quickly applied just a bit of her favorite red lipstick and smiled at her reflection once more, she had never looked so good wearing something that seemed so simple to her.

As she made her way downstairs her father caught her on the grand staircase. "Well my dear, don't you look lovely today!" He placed his hand between her shoulders as he guided her down the stairs. An aura of power still surrounded the old king and he held a twinkle in his blue gaze. "Felicitas, I hate to ask this of you, but could you take Shadowfaux and go check on the winter home? I heard there have been some disturbances and I think your presence will quiet them." Shadowfaux was Felicitas' prize pure bred Arabian stallion. His coat was black as night and he was not gentle with anybody but young Felicitas. "Do you mind if I bring Zhena too? I think she would enjoy a nice walk." Felicitas had just straight lied to her fathers face. She intended to bring Zhena so that William may ride along with her. "Of course my dear, do what you will, just be safe." Felicitas nodded and hurried to the stables. She insisted upon saddling Shadowfaux herself, but allowed one of the stable hands to saddle the old mare Zhena. She pulled herself up onto Shadowfaux and grabbed Zhena's reigns. Upon the black as night horse, she appeared the picture of royalty and so she rode.

As Felicitas made her way to Williams she smiled and waved to her people. As she arrived at his house she tied the two horses up and knocked on the door awaiting an answer. When the door was opened by his mother Felicitas smiled and asked if William could go on a ride with her.

When William's mother alerted him of the princess's return, he was quick to be out the door. He was shocked to see her with two horses. "Princess? What are the horses for? Are we to go somewhere?" He stood puzzled. William had only ever rode a horse once in his life. It's not that he was afraid, but he was simply too poor to afford one. The horses she had were beautiful, and look quite healthy. William was soon to forget about the horses, and realize that the princess was back, and as beautiful as ever. He couldn't help but smile, and even blush in her presence. William's mother had been at the door, but soon retreated inside, leaving the two along out on the street. "You...you look beautiful today my princess." William stared into her eyes and almost melted then and there.

As William came to greet her Felicitas nearly jumped for joy. As it was her face lit up and she leaned forward to give him a slight hug. When she pulled away Felicitas' eyes held a bright sparkle in them. She pulled away and untied the horses. Looking over her shoulder Felicitas smiled and laughed. "Why thank you William. You look quite charming yourself." She pulled the horses over to meet William as she stroked them. "This is Shadowfaux," She said gesturing to the large Arabian at her side. He gave a toss of his head and snorted at William. "He is my personal horse, and best friend. This here," She gestured to the other large chestnut mare with them, "Is Zhena. She is a very kind mare. Both are war horses and very loyal. I was asked to check on the royal winter home. There have been many disturbances over that way and my father requested I go. I wondered if maybe you would like to accompany me?"