The Human and Divine (OOC and Sign-ups)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I understand. Once everyone separates most of us don't have anything to say. I didn't really have anything.

Well, Tenma wont appear until the time skip then.

I've been in downtime for a little bit already, so full on to tomorrow!

Startling revelation soon to be revelated... er, revealed.

Reactions: Akashi and Lylith
I'll get a post up later today where it will go to the next day. :)

So, I added a post. You can put in whatever you need to rp the rest of your characters night, then you can add the morning as well. :)

• In ancient Egypt, the dead must pass certain requirements to reach the afterlife.
  • In Greek mythology, Hermes takes the souls of the dead to the underworld. Then they must pay Charon to cross the river Styx, whereupon they will be judged.
  • I think it was the Norse that believed in Valkyrie who carry fallen warriors into the next life.
  • Zoroastrianism states that a spirit will remain by its body for three days before being taken to the next life.
  • Islam's belief is that souls remain in their graves until the Day of Judgment.
  • The LDS Church teaches that after death, people's spirits will remain in a Spirit World until the Resurrection. Then their bodies and spirits will be reunited and they will be judged.
  • Jehovah's Witness claims there will not be a next life, but that the wicked will be destroyed from this earth and the righteous will restore it to a paradise without death.
Amazingly enough, the only place I can find something close to "The body dies and the soul is immediately judged" is Catholicism. And I can't say that accurately, as they might have an intermediary state as well. And it's a form of monotheism anyway; if we go back to my examples of polytheism (the first four), the one who sends souls to the next life is never the one who judges those souls.

Now, for my purpose in having spent a good forty minutes looking all that up. @Aka~Kitsune Your last post made me uncomfortable. Being a Kami of Death should not grant Nithya any control over whatever afterlife there may be. It is her job to send, not to judge.

Reactions: Akashi
I actually agree with Raychel here, because like she said, you are the Goddess of Death and not Judgmenet beyond death itself. You should be able to pass the soul into the afterlife, but where its path is made, is where the judgment comes in. He will be judged AFTER his death, in his afterlife.

hm, i know. Do i apologize if i made you uncomfortable :c. I was going to bring Naeve with her but i settled with the bracelet because i needed to go to bed due to travel today. Ill add Naeve to the post during my lunch.

That wasn't what I was objecting to, but I guess I didn't make that totally clear.

Your "Judgment" is very Christian-based; however, the basis of Christian Judgment is that God--the one and only, who is perfect and unchanging--will handle that. This is an RP loosely based on Shinto precepts. Possible options are Yomi, a place that is neither a heaven nor a hell, but one of gloom and pollution; becoming ujikami, or family spirits, and joining the family pantheon (similar to Disney's Mulan); or there's the Buddhist reincarnation, as Buddhism and Shinto are thoroughly mingled in Japan.

I'm going to object no matter what afterlife you try to force upon us. Let Life judge the living, let Death send the souls of the dead, and leave the hereafter alone. That is my stance, though I grant you that I am only one. Scarlet has final say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mayhaps I could make this god(or goddess) of judgment.

Scratch that, I though Naeve was Justice not Judgment

Honestly, I don't really feel that for Rps we have to be based on real facts. I am fine with what Aka~Kitsune chooses to do with her characters as long as it doesn't effect ours in a bad way. :)

Name: Pretisime
Race: God of Fortune and Balance
Personality: Unbiased, fair and diligent. He will give to those who are in need, and take from those with too much. Though sometimes to keep the balance he will do nothing at all. He will never do a favor for someone without there to be compensation, and will make sure everything is equal. This can sometimes contrast with his generally happy attitude. Were a friend to come to him utterly distressed and beg for help, he would most likely just smile brightly and say ever so sweetly "No."
Bio: When one is fortunate and another is unfortunate, is that unbalance? Many would say yes, but widen your view. Take the fortunate, and less fortunate and place them on opposite sides of a scale. Now take away the Less fortunate and move them to the side of the fortunate. Is this balanced? No it is not. To solve this problem one must add the side of the less fortunate, or remove those from side of the fortunate. This is the job of the God of Fortune and Balance. He was around since the beginning of money, and status.
Looks:
Rf4_Arthur.jpg

I did away with the other character. she wouldn't be doing anything really.

He's accepted. Okay, I was wondering if you wanted to do something to get her in but never mind.

sorry i know ive said this a lot but we should call it a day

I already mentioned going to sleep for my character, so anyone can put in the morning. I can if you want, but I don't feel like making a really big post right now. I'm distracted by pain.

sorry I was wondering if we could do that, but I resisted as to not infringe on your right as gm. I will edit my post to the next day(If not now, much later to day)

Sorry guys, but I'm dropping out of this one. It was nice RPing with you lot, it just wasn't for me in the end.

Sorry to hear that, if you ever want to come back feel free to.

• Love