The Hidden Beneath the Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man looked at her with keen eyes as he tortured her. He was still not seen by the girl by the darkness that surrounded him. All the plans that had been set in place needed to be fulfilled or they would not be able to move as far as they would like. Every issue was addressed to him and he would deal with him. At times the ranks below him would call him The Redeemer. In the eyes of his superiors he has more power than them, yet he is still set in a low rank. He had accomplished so much but he still felt that he was unappreciated. It was rather sinister of them to put him with this girl especially, but he knew he had a duty. The man looked at Kyla and stood knowing his job was almost complete. "You will be ours soon, now is the time of reckoning." The man walked out the room with his hands behind his back. Slowly Kyla began to drift away.

Blade's heart began to beat ever so fast as he made his way toward the room Kyla was in. Two guards stood in front of the exit with clubs at their sides. Blade looked over them and they looked like the hooded men from before except dressed in suits. He realized that they were the men before and they hadn't died from the several gun shots that were put into them. The men stood straight up as if they were commanded to and they rushed for Blade. Swiftly, he cut the two in half as they ran toward him. This time they burned a bright yellow as they disintegrated. Blade walked into the room seeing Kyla hanging from chains, she had looked like she had been beaten with clubs and then hanged. Without a second think he cut her free and put her into his arms. This happened in a S.H.I.E.L.D facility, which means that something is up. Blade kicked the door open to Fury's office and it was deathly silent. Blade set her on one of the chairs and saw a note on Fury's chair. Blade read over it and threw it to the ground. Blade picked up Kyla and headed out the door.

Blade, S.H.I.E.L.D is compromised. There is no hope.... run....

Kyla groaned softly feeling strange as she slowly opened her eyes, she felt warmth against her and she blinked her whole body ached as she moved a bit in Blade's arms. She could hear the sound of his feet hitting the ground, her head lay against his strong chest, she still felt the pain from earlier but it had dulled a bit. "Where am I, what happened? Blade...where...where is everyone? How did, I was in a room some man had chained me up. He got inside my head, I never felt anything so painful." Kyla croaked as her eyes opened a bit wider. She shut them again feeling a throbbing in the back of her skull like someone had stabbed her with a hot knife.

"He kept saying that I would be theirs soon, I could feel him inside me. It was horrible, I don't ever want to feel anything like that again." Kyla mumbled before she winced and buried her head into his chest. The lights from the street lamps were bothering her, she could see better in the dark. She felt like she was going to throw up but she knew it was because of her head, what ever that man had done sure had messed her up. Kyla could hear other noises around, she just wanted to vanish from this world, she didn't want to feel anymore pain. She grasped at Blade's jacket wincing a few more times, she was now hearing things in her mind.

She saw blood, she saw many people and herself, she felt stronger yet weak at the same time. "Why are they after me? He just kept saying to me, soon I will be theirs, I am so damn confused." she muttered then let out a low growl feeling a sudden urge to feed which she never felt before. "Blade....I need blood....I need it bad. I might bite you myself if I don't find some soon, is there a hospital or a blood bank around?" she whispered as she pulled tighter at his jacket digging her nails into the leather. "They turned be into the monster, I am having a hard time controlling myself. Why do I want to sink my fangs into Blade all of a sudden?" Kyla thought in her mind.

Blade looked down at her as she spoke. She was beginning to look worse, and there wasn't many places to get blood around here other than maybe a hospital, but that was too risky. Blade thought for a moment about what he should do and then he decided on his own. Blade put his wrist out to Kyla knowing it would help her but only for a little bit. As he felt her take his wrist he continued on until he spotted a S.H.I.E.L.D vehicle by the front door. Quickly he put Kyla in the back and looked for the keys. As he looked over the dashboard he saw a mysterious key that was places as if it was waiting for him. He picked it up and put it into the ignition and turned it. The car roared to life and Blade drove toward the sunset. Blade would have to drive all through the night to get to Westchester County in the upper part of New York. If he didn't make it there he would most likely die. As time past the sun slowly drifted away only leaving night for those who were still awake. Would this be the last night that they faced? The man had walked several miles to be able to make it to the meeting point. Step by step became colder as he entered into the dark domain of his predecessor. He opened the wooden door into the small room that all of the heads were sitting at. His work had been done so now the group's plot would continue. There in front of him stood, The Mask, The Horns, and The Fang all sat in chairs around the table. The Redeemer sat at the table and was offered a drink from The Fang's cup but he refused. The Mask look at him with weary eyes and set a black ring on the table. Swiftly, The Redeemer took it and set it on his index finger. All had been set, and everything was ready.

Kyla stared at him for a moment in confusion then sank her fangs into Blade's flesh draining him of some blood, she licked his wound after awhile and it stopped bleeding. She then felt him put her in the back, she just curled up into a ball trembling, her head throbbed and she felt like she was going to go crazy. Kyla grasped her head tightly, her nails digging into her scalp. At least her stomach didn't hurt her so much anymore, she stared weakly over at Blade in the front seat. "Thank you, for helping me. I still don't understand why though." she whispered then winced and held her head again the burning pain was getting worst and she let out a small cry.

"I can hear his voice Blade, I can hear it through the pain. He is calling me, he wants me to find them. They want me to be, to be there to guide them. I don't know why, I don't understand what is going on." Kyla croaked and rubbed her temples. She suddenly saw a bunch of people sitting around a table, one sipping from a glass. She saw a ring, she saw his face again and many other men's faces. "Gah.......it burns....it burns..." she screamed and sat up with a start her eyes going pitch black, her pupils were only very thin slits. She let out a low growl eying Blade in the front seat, she felt the urge to attack him, to get free and find them, the men who had changed her.

Her other half was trying to stop her from hurting Blade, you could see it in her eyes that she was trying to stop herself. "I, can't control myself much longer. Blade. Its dangerous, I am very dangerous. They turned me into a monster." she cried. Her eyes flashed from normal back to black, she clutched at her head as she let out pained cries and loud angry growls. "Why did you do this to me, I can see you, feel you and hear you. What do you want from me, why did you chose me?" she screamed into her mind trying to make contact if it was possible. She felt the hunger rising in her stomach again, her veins were on fire as well as the rest of her body, Kyla was starting to lose the battle.

Blade looked back at Kyla and realized that he was not going to make it to the school. His dilemma now was to find Xavier but that was many miles away. As he looked around he noticed that his gas tank was about to become empty. The small town around him was about the size of a normal suburb but with a couple of buildings and such. Blade pulled the car up to a Quik-Stop and parked the car. The lack of money was one of the issues, but the most important issue was that he was nowhere close to Westchester. The severity of her making it there was weighing down on him and he sat on the trunk. As he sat his hand down he felt something imprinted onto the trunk. He jumped up and turned around seeing that the S.H.I.E.L.D logo was imprinted on it. Blade realized that if it was an agent issued car it should have all the things he needs to be able to make it to Westchester. With a swift move of his hand he opened the trunk and found a couple of guns, some money, a suitcase with several syringes in it, and a note. "Dear Blade, these will help you keep your patient under control until you get help. At any costs do not go back to S.H.I.E.L.D HQ, it's filled with vampires. Once you receive this note I will most likely have fled the city to try to gain reinforcements. Something big is coming, and the big bat isn't the only thing in the dark. Blade turned the note over and it has some scribbles on it but that was it. It had been made easier for him to get to Westchester but he didn't have anything to help Kyla. Then Blade realized that the syringes were a sleeping drug that was used on him when he was captured by S.H.I.E.L.D. Blade opened up the car and quickly injected the substance into Kyla and then dashed into the Quik-Stop. A man stood at the desk with a somber look and a cigarette in his mouth. The man looked up at Blade as the money was thrown on the desk and then he continued smoking. Blade filled the car up with gas and pushed on for Westchester.

The drive continued for a couple of hours till he came to a stop and there was a woman standing in the road. Blade grunted and looked at the bridge then the woman. She was wearing a black leather coat and had blonde hair. There was several cuts in the coat but otherwise he didn't notice anything else. Was this just some insane lady or an enemy? She turned around with blood red eyes and a knife in her hand. The head of a young boy was being held by the hair with blood pouring from it. Blade tightened his grip on the wheel and rammed into her. The darkness suggested that there were more than just her so he took a hard turn and headed for the bridge. As he came over the hill a swarm of vampires rushed toward the car. With a quick move he pulled a grenade out from his left jacket pocket and threw it out the window. It clanged as it hit the ground and many vampires were thrown out into the water under the river. He had only cleared enough to have some of the vampires out of the way. Blade got out of the car and pulled his sword from it's sheath. With a roar Blade swept through the horde of vampires. He slashed through the vampires one by one, after an onslaught some stood up and he pulled his pistol from his side. After a couple of shots the rest of them went down. He wipes some of the blood from his face and got back into the car. There were more coming and Blade didn't have enough time to wait around. With many bumps

Blade made it across the bridge and continued until he reached the outer gates of the academy. The gates swung in and he drove to the front. Two unknown students picked up Kyla and pulled her inside. Blade walked causally until he was greeted by another student who took his jacket and ran off. The night had gone on and it would continue until this menace was stopped. Finally after a long day Blade took a seat in one of the leather chairs by the fire place. Kyla was taken down into the med dock and was strapped in by one of the students. Professor Xavier moved toward her and pressed his hands on her head and telepathically spoke to her. "You are not under this power anymore, free yourself."

Kyla was out like a light but her eyes suddenly snapped open wide and she gasped when she heard the voice inside her head. Her body cringed and she arched up against the restraints against her body. She turned staring up at Xavier anger and fear in her eyes, she didn't understand were she was, she was scared and the pain in her head was bad. She suddenly remembered who he was and her body relaxed as she slumped against the table she was strapped too. "Professor, X." she said back in her mind wincing slightly. "Its hard, its hard to control. He did something to me.....he messed my mind up." she spoke before she felt the other side fighting against her.

"No don't listen to him, he is a bad man. He wants to hurt you, he wants to kill you. You belong to us." the voice said. Kyla cringed and sank her nails into the metal of the table as she started to pull hard at it letting out screams of pain. "No, your lying. He is trying to help, Blade is trying to help they are not enemies of us." Kyla said back. This was all was going on in her mind though, only Xavier knew what was going on inside of her mind. "Sir, her blood pressure is rising, her heart rate is getting into the dangerous level." someone warned. Kyla growled her eyes going pure black again and she let out a low kiss pulling hard against the straps, she felt her strength growing.

She felt herself growing tired after awhile, Kyla was trying her hardest to free herself of this power. Suddenly after about an hour she manages to defeat the other power in her mind, only her normal self and Xavier are in her mind then. "Don't ever come back." she muttered in her mind as her eyes rolled back into her head and she slumped against the restraints. "Thank you, Professor. I am still in danger though. You are all in danger because of me. He won't stop till he has his hands on me. I am the chosen one, you need to destroy me, kill me." Kyla said to him her body trembled a bit as one of the students removed the restraints from her body and put a blanket on her.

"Professor, I got Lynx for you. You said you wanted me to call her from her mission." the student said. "Lynx, you mean Weapon Zero. You have to keep her away from me, I might end up killing her still." her mind said to Xavier's. Kyla just feel asleep her mind blank and she lay there resting with an IV no in her arm. She was worried about Blade and the others in the school, she had put them in danger by being here. She felt bad and guilty, she had to leave and get out of there before anyone else was killed. "Her heart rate is still to high Professor. I am worried about her." a student said looking over at her monitor a worried look on their face.

Status
Not open for further replies.