The Haikus of Iwaku...s

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Xnijmai, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Oi, Haikus are them flowery short poems that were very popular in Japan from aways back. They usually were about feelings and nature and all that jazz. Some where elegant and said much in the 5 by 7 by 5 Syllablle line limit that the Structure follows. Then there these...

Old Pond
    Frog Jumps in,
    SPLASH

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT SUPPOSTED TO MEAN, BASSHO?! IT'S LIKE HE JUST PUT WHAT EVER HE SAW DOWN AND CALLED IT A HAIKU! WAY TO PHONE IT IN, GREATEST HAIKU-WRITER-GUY OF ALL TIME. DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO FOLLOW THE GODDAMN LINE STRUCTURE THAT IT WAS WIDELY KNOWN FOR!

But insane hermit monk gibberish aside, I was bored off my ass and thought "HRRRMMM, YOU KNOW WHAT RHYMES WITH IWAKU? HAIKU! ....Kinda..." so here we are! Give me your 5x7x5 Syllable poems, folks! Here's some from my own personal collection!

Zombies. Yeah. Zombies.
    Ya have to stop and wonder
    What their brains taste like...

There is no more left.
    The empty brown roll mocks me
    I regret Tacoes

Old Pond
    Frog jumps in
    SPLASH

One of these haikus many plagurized...

2. Alexander
    Yup it wasn't really hard to find Itzlie. Espially with that name and background.

"curiouser and curiouser.." i say quoting Alice in wonderland," lets see were the rabbit hole takes us."
    I kept typing seeing what i could find put about her brother.
    "Those are all good question." I was with a grin to Jackie.
    I listened to what she found. Some of these seemed like false leads...she gets to the one about the 19 year old military women

"Ugh seriously on his honeymoon with another women. What a jerk." I say and grimace as well,' I almost feel glad she didn't marry that guy...not even worried about her."
    "Hu what else did you find?" I asked curious I get up and walked over wondering what she found.

Rina
    He said he was good and smiled although doesn't really answer the question of what he was thinking about. He then grabbed a napkin and went over to clean my face. My face becomes red how he suddenly close cleaning my face and teases me.
    "Ugh..stop messing around." I say,' Not funny."
    Why did he always have to tease me, I think

Rina
    He suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. Twirling me into a huge...i blinked then blushed surprised by the sudden affection. He then asked me to stay a little longer and that the lady was being quiet
    "O-oh..ok...alright." I say blushing.

Itzlie
    She tells me shes a victim and my eyes widen. Oh my God...what...
    "W-what? My God what did they do to her...If shes a victim then so was my brother.." I say. There was no way he would hurt people like that intentionally, then looked at her sadly. I now feel like an idiot just standing there..doing nothing but waiting while Carrie was other here with Sam.

"Then...if you really cared why were you here instead of coming to tell me? Why did I have to be the one waiting and come over here for anything to happen and find out this way. My brother has been gone since we were 11. You don't know how long and hard I've been looking for him but as a friend I had trusted you and I left my brother tied up on the floor." I say
    My God I went and betrayed him again, I think turning away feeling like I was going to cry.
    Everything in your powers? Where is the police?" I then ask looking over my shoulder at her serious.