The Haikus of Iwaku...s

X

Xnijmai

Original poster
Oi, Haikus are them flowery short poems that were very popular in Japan from aways back. They usually were about feelings and nature and all that jazz. Some where elegant and said much in the 5 by 7 by 5 Syllablle line limit that the Structure follows. Then there these...

Old Pond
Frog Jumps in,
SPLASH

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT SUPPOSTED TO MEAN, BASSHO?! IT'S LIKE HE JUST PUT WHAT EVER HE SAW DOWN AND CALLED IT A HAIKU! WAY TO PHONE IT IN, GREATEST HAIKU-WRITER-GUY OF ALL TIME. DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO FOLLOW THE GODDAMN LINE STRUCTURE THAT IT WAS WIDELY KNOWN FOR!

But insane hermit monk gibberish aside, I was bored off my ass and thought "HRRRMMM, YOU KNOW WHAT RHYMES WITH IWAKU? HAIKU! ....Kinda..." so here we are! Give me your 5x7x5 Syllable poems, folks! Here's some from my own personal collection!

Zombies. Yeah. Zombies.
Ya have to stop and wonder
What their brains taste like...

There is no more left.
The empty brown roll mocks me
I regret Tacoes

Old Pond
Frog jumps in
SPLASH

One of these haikus many plagurized...

Haiku is to convey a scene while using as little words as possible, so that its essential beauty is not lost in the rhetoric. Also, the 5-7-5 rule is not something set in stone.[/nerdsnob]

When Noritsune
Drowned himself
three bubbles rose.

Noritsune was a samurai who plunged himself into a river during battle, whilst wearing full armor. He sank like a rock, and so did the two other enemies he took with him.

:B