The Grand Ghibli Marathon - Iwaku Maintenance Day!

Would you like another anime/movie showing with us? - Hana

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mu

it’s better then they’re a little bit of a loser.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male

IWAKU GHIBLI MARATHON

WHAT IS THIS?

Why sit around waiting for Diana to fix up Iwaku when you could be watching world-renowned films by Studio Ghbli, relaxing with other members on Iwaku? @Sen and @Hana will set up several hours worth of Ghibli films on Rabbit - first warming up with a heartwrenching anime short - for everyone to enjoy! You can come in at anytime, or leave anytime. Your hosts will announce the start of the next film five minutes prior in Discord and CBox, so there is no need to set reminders.

RULES

1. All Iwaku's rules apply. Please follow them.
2. As the movies will be set up on Rabbit, a link will be given out for members to join. Please use your Iwaku user name or a variation of. We must be able to recognize you.
3. We will not be pausing the movie for any members for any reason (unless emergency occurs).
4. If you have seen the movie before, please refrain from spoiling events.
5. @Sen and @Hana have the ability to kick anyone who cause problems during the marathon. Be nice.

WHAT ARE WE WATCHING?

Our current schedule is:
- Opening: Hotarubi no Mori e / The Light of a Firefly Forest (45m)
- Princess Mononoke (2hr 10m)
- Spirited Away (2hr 5m)
- Howl's Moving Castle (1h 57m)
- My Neighbour Totoro (1h 25m)

WHAT TIME ARE WE STARTING?

We start 9:00am CDT (10:00am EDT), also known as Diana-time on August 28th, update day. It may begin before maintenance, and it also might continue even after it ends. If everyone leaves once the site comes back up, then we'll just end the marathon early.

Original Coding: Hana.

We hope you'll come and watch with us!

tumblr_mwexgl74hP1t1isfso1_500.gif

WHAT IS THIS?

Why sit around waiting for Diana to fix up Iwaku when you could be watching world-renowned films by Studio Ghbli, relaxing with other members on Iwaku? @Sen and @Hana will set up several hours worth of Ghibli films on Rabbit - first warming up with a heartwrenching anime short - for everyone to enjoy! You can come in at anytime, or leave anytime. Your hosts will announce the start of the next film five minutes prior in Discord and CBox, so there is no need to set reminders.

RULES

1. All Iwaku's rules apply. Please follow them.
2. As the movies will be set up on Rabbit, a link will be given out for members to join. Please use your Iwaku user name or a variation of. We must be able to recognize you.
3. We will not be pausing the movie for any members for any reason (unless emergency occurs).
4. If you have seen the movie before, please refrain from spoiling events.
5. @Sen and @Hana have the ability to kick anyone who cause problems during the marathon. Be nice.

WHAT ARE WE WATCHING?

Our current schedule is:
- Opening: Hotarubi no Mori e / The Light of a Firefly Forest (45m)
- Princess Mononoke (2hr 10m)
- Spirited Away (2hr 5m)
- Howl's Moving Castle (1h 57m)
- My Neighbour Totoro (1h 25m)

WHAT TIME ARE WE STARTING?

We start 9:00am CDT (10:00am EDT), also known as Diana-time on August 28th, update day. It may begin before maintenance, and it also might continue even after it ends. If everyone leaves once the site comes back up, then we'll just end the marathon early.

Last edited:
STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME WAKE UP EARLIER >:c my poor soul can't take it

• Love
Reactions: IceQueen
Yes! It'll be posted in the CBox, Discord and Facebook when it starts and 5 minutes before the next movie starts.

Just to clarify, it'll be posted to the Iwaku facebook, right?

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Thanks to everyone to came in and watched movies with us! Everyone should thank @Hana and @redblood for their help in hosting this event! It looks like everyone had fun, and that makes us very happy!

In the future, there will be similar events! Maybe you'd like to watch all sorts of movies with fellow members in the Iwaku Movie Night? Show your interest and post your inputs here: MOVIES - Iwaku Movie Night?

@redblood is also planning on hosting more anime series and movie streams! A group for anime and manga lovers is being planned. We hope to have you join us in more rabbit sessions!

@redblood is also planning on hosting more anime series and movie streams! A group for anime and manga lovers is being planned. We hope to have you join us in more rabbit sessions!

We'll have to wait for the new group system to be launched before this of course and then the group has to be created. If you're interested in joining the anime club as fast as it gets created just shoot me a message anywhere, and I'll send out a mass PM to those who wanted info when it comes out ;) As Sen said, there will be more anime movie nights and we will be able to make them a bit more suitable for everyones time zones and schedules. :D

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Thank you for watching with us, guys! Even if I didn't get through to the end, I had a blast watching and chatting with everyone. ^^

Reactions: Raven Haruka
Thanks to everyone to came in and watched movies with us! Everyone should thank @Hana and @redblood for their help in hosting this event! It looks like everyone had fun, and that makes us very happy!

In the future, there will be similar events! Maybe you'd like to watch all sorts of movies with fellow members in the Iwaku Movie Night? Show your interest and post your inputs here: MOVIES - Iwaku Movie Night?

See! I didn't cause ANY trouble! :3

@redblood I'd love to have information beforehand about the anime club! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.