The Grand Ghibli Marathon - Iwaku Maintenance Day!

Would you like another anime/movie showing with us? - Hana

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mu

it’s better then they’re a little bit of a loser.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male

IWAKU GHIBLI MARATHON

WHAT IS THIS?

Why sit around waiting for Diana to fix up Iwaku when you could be watching world-renowned films by Studio Ghbli, relaxing with other members on Iwaku? @Sen and @Hana will set up several hours worth of Ghibli films on Rabbit - first warming up with a heartwrenching anime short - for everyone to enjoy! You can come in at anytime, or leave anytime. Your hosts will announce the start of the next film five minutes prior in Discord and CBox, so there is no need to set reminders.

RULES

1. All Iwaku's rules apply. Please follow them.
2. As the movies will be set up on Rabbit, a link will be given out for members to join. Please use your Iwaku user name or a variation of. We must be able to recognize you.
3. We will not be pausing the movie for any members for any reason (unless emergency occurs).
4. If you have seen the movie before, please refrain from spoiling events.
5. @Sen and @Hana have the ability to kick anyone who cause problems during the marathon. Be nice.

WHAT ARE WE WATCHING?

Our current schedule is:
- Opening: Hotarubi no Mori e / The Light of a Firefly Forest (45m)
- Princess Mononoke (2hr 10m)
- Spirited Away (2hr 5m)
- Howl's Moving Castle (1h 57m)
- My Neighbour Totoro (1h 25m)

WHAT TIME ARE WE STARTING?

We start 9:00am CDT (10:00am EDT), also known as Diana-time on August 28th, update day. It may begin before maintenance, and it also might continue even after it ends. If everyone leaves once the site comes back up, then we'll just end the marathon early.

Original Coding: Hana.

We hope you'll come and watch with us!

tumblr_mwexgl74hP1t1isfso1_500.gif

WHAT IS THIS?

Why sit around waiting for Diana to fix up Iwaku when you could be watching world-renowned films by Studio Ghbli, relaxing with other members on Iwaku? @Sen and @Hana will set up several hours worth of Ghibli films on Rabbit - first warming up with a heartwrenching anime short - for everyone to enjoy! You can come in at anytime, or leave anytime. Your hosts will announce the start of the next film five minutes prior in Discord and CBox, so there is no need to set reminders.

RULES

1. All Iwaku's rules apply. Please follow them.
2. As the movies will be set up on Rabbit, a link will be given out for members to join. Please use your Iwaku user name or a variation of. We must be able to recognize you.
3. We will not be pausing the movie for any members for any reason (unless emergency occurs).
4. If you have seen the movie before, please refrain from spoiling events.
5. @Sen and @Hana have the ability to kick anyone who cause problems during the marathon. Be nice.

WHAT ARE WE WATCHING?

Our current schedule is:
- Opening: Hotarubi no Mori e / The Light of a Firefly Forest (45m)
- Princess Mononoke (2hr 10m)
- Spirited Away (2hr 5m)
- Howl's Moving Castle (1h 57m)
- My Neighbour Totoro (1h 25m)

WHAT TIME ARE WE STARTING?

We start 9:00am CDT (10:00am EDT), also known as Diana-time on August 28th, update day. It may begin before maintenance, and it also might continue even after it ends. If everyone leaves once the site comes back up, then we'll just end the marathon early.

Last edited:
No howl's moving castle?
disappointed.gif

Might show up for spirited away. I've been meaning to re-watch it cause I don't remember anything, but somehow I always forget to do it xb

temp-320-75286329.gif

Now it ain't so adorable...
What are you talking about? That is completely adorable.

But I will definitely have to see what I am doing that day. A day of Ghibli movies sounds amazing.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Even though it'd be nice to have it on Saturday, I'm so happy the update day is on Sunday (it's better than weekdays)! I don't really have any "school" on Monday, just an online class, so in essence, I could stay up late if I wanted to hehe (given that I don't have a job by then c:)!

Gwazi is kind of handsome and now I feel weird. >:[

If I'm finished packing by then (and I should be) I'll totally join in.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Sidhe
Gwazi x Diana???

Or Gwazi x Intrusive, the Puntree ship?

Vote on your phones now.
Well we can't even do the latter without me being banned for violating the age restrictions so... :P

... Actually wait. Are we shipping Avatars or people?

Cause if Avatars then the one of me turning my head was mid-guild years... I would have been a blue star then. In which case, Diana would be the one getting banned. >:3

Last edited:
Well we can't even do the latter without me being banned for violating the age restrictions so... :P

Cause if Avatars then the one of me turning my head was mid-guild years... I would have been a blue star then. In which case, Diana would be the one getting banned. >:3
I doubt blue-star you would be getting it with a tree anytime at all anyways.

I doubt blue-star you would be getting it with a tree anytime at all anyways.
Guys, this is a thread about movies, not about your forbidden love for each other.

Guys, this is a thread about movies, not about your forbidden love for each other.
Damn, this ship has been uprooted.

@Isla @IceQueen @IntrusivePenDesperateSword @Raven Haruka @Starrnico @Gwazi Magnum @redblood @Icystorm @Cosmic Leviathan

Just tagging the people who have posted in this thread: we've decided on a time!
Because I am a poor, poor student who has school on the same day as a the marathon. Me and @Hana are going to pull an all-nighter (actually I'm pulling a half) just so we can watch movies with you all. : |

We start 10:00am CDT (11:00am EDT), also known as Diana-time. It may begin before maintenance, and it also might continue even after it ends. If everyone leaves once the site comes back up, then we'll just end the marathon early :P.

At 2:00pm CDT, I'm going to pass out and Hana will take the reins from there. Please be nice to her, or else I'll smack you!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
At 2:00pm CDT, I'm going to pass out and Hana will take the reins from there. Please be nice to her, or else I'll smack you!
I'm unable to be nice. Does that mean I can't come? D:

I'm unable to be nice. Does that mean I can't come? D:
If Hana deems you not nice, then yes.

She can tolerate more than me > >.

ALSO SWAPPED KIKI'S DELIVERY SERVICE FOR HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE BECAUSE @redblood FORCED ME TO > >.

Status
Not open for further replies.