The God War: IC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Elliot finally stopped running and let go of Varinius. Something strange is definitely going on in this ship. First, the ship materialising out of nowhere. Then, the circuit boards suddenly short circuiting. Now, the whole place is echoing with footsteps and they already stopped running for a long time. He turned to Varinius and noticed he looks uneasy. "You thinking what I'm thinking?", Elliot asked. "I think this place is haunted!". But instead of fear, Elliot felt excited. Oh boy, I'm gonna see a ghost! Are they transparent like the movies say they are? can they also-

But his train of thought was stopped short by a high-pitched voice which made him let out a higher-pitched yelp. When he saw it was just another girl, Elliot cleared his throat and pretended that didn't happen. "Dude, you scared me! I thought you were a ghost". Elliot then poked her forehead, just to be sure. "Anyway, what are you doing down here? don't you have classes or something?"

"Haunted?" repeated Varinius in a deadpan voice. Really? he wondered. Sometimes he couldn't believe the human race. Their ideas were so strange. He moved away from Elliot and touched the wall of the ship. There were still some electrical currents, though many of the different systems had been shut down. He looked up at the high pitched voice and turned toward the girl.

"Aren't we all young enough to be in classes?" Varinius said with a dry humor. His lips twitched up in a smirk. His teal eyes focused more on the girl and he asked. "Who are you?"

Leo shook his head. "Oh, no thanks I-" he stopped, as if cut off. "Someone's tripped the Alarm..." He said, cursing under his breath. "I'm sorry, I should get over there." He apologized with a courteous bow. Then he raised a hand into the air, said an ancient word of mystical origin, causing him to vanish into the scent of rain. He reappeared before a small, scrappy looking blonde child, "Who are you?" He asked, raising a suspicious eyebrow.

Mona cocked her head to the side, a little confused when one of the people poked her on the head, a few others were now walking towards her asking her what she was doing on the ship and if she had classes... She turned to the man who had first spoken to her, the one that had poked her forehead a little "Classes? I finished mine..." Mona said thoughtfully. Then, she turned to face the rest that had also approached her and answered the question they all seemed to be asking here "I was just exploring." she explained... The long and short of it was indeed that, it wasn't every day a wrecked airship appeared on the beach she usually wandered, though she truthfully hadn't expected to find so many others on board with her.

Elliot nodded at the girl's explanation. "Hmm, makes sense", he said. "But I thought classes don't end until this aft-HOLY CRAP!". Before Elliot could finish his question, another person materialised in mid-air. After seeing a ship jump out of nowhere, why am I still surprised?, Elliot thought. The man asked for the girl's name and seems to not have noticed the other two boys with her. "We should go while he's still occupied", he whispered to Varinius.

Anna raised an eyebrow but shrugged it off. She turns, looking down the store. "Might as well go on an early lunch, eh?" She smiles, turning and walking out the store, quickly switching the sign and locking the door. She breathed in the air and signed, slightly dissapointed. Every day she missed the fresh air if the past. This was was filled with exauhst from cars and such. It wasn't as enjoyable as it use to be. She breathed in one more time, this time catching scent of her favorite bakery. Smiling, satisfied that she found at least one pleasent smell, she walked down the street casually. She raised the hood of her sweater and fussed with her hair so it would hide her eyepatch more. She didn't use to be so self conscious about it. It's not like she lost her eye, but it still gave unwelcomed stares and whispers.

Varinius had moved back when he saw the other immortal appear in front of them. He was partially in shadow and was leaning against the wall. His arms were folded over his chest half-defensive and half-relaxed. He glanced briefly at Elliot as he came up to him, before looking back at Leo. "He already knows we're here," he said. "I doubt we could get out without him realizing it." He recognized Leo, and now had the recollection of this ship as well. The battle this ship was in had been difficult, and depressing. Too many of them had died.

Leo shook his head, "That was adressed to both of you mortals. Varinius right? I'm Leo, I was a general during the siege of Asgard." He said, "Who're these mortals? Do either of them know anything of magic, or are they 'scientists'?" He asked, making air quotes around the last word.

Varinius grunted in agreement when he was asked his name. "I remember you," he said with a blank voice. He turned to the two mortals, and tilted his head. "I'm not sure about magic," he answered dryly his eyes flickering with humor. "One is a student and the other was on the beach when your ship crashed." He stood a little straighter though he didn't unfold his arms. "I followed him," he tapped Elliot's leg with his foot, "since he would have gone anyway, and we are supposed to protect them." The last bit was said sarcastically.

Elliot ignored Varinius' tap as he stood there wide-eyed. ....siege of Asgard.... he called us mortals..... The French dude knows him.... he just said magic....

Elliot grabbed Varinius' wrist and checked for a pulse. He did the same to Leo. There's no blood, he concluded. "Immortals...", he muttered under his breath. Then Elliot flashed a wide grin. "Holy crap! You guys actually exist!"

Mona looked confused "Mortals?" she asked curiously... If that man was referring to her and that other man as mortals, than that could only mean one thing; they were immortals. She looked quite surprised upon realizing that but smiled, looking rather innocent as she did so "Are you... An Immortal?" she asked, her curious look starting to develop traces of childish excitement.

Leo nodded, "Yeah, I don't know about Varney, but I'm older than agriculture. And I am in fact, real. Normally I'd have you humans forget this little encounter, just because you'd look crazy if you told anyone, but I'm thinking we might need mortal assistance for what's ahead." He looked around the remains of the ship, "What all y'all are standing in is what's left of the great airship, Valhalla. Anything that could do this is probably not going to flinch at anything less than blood magic."

Elliot started chuckling when the immortal called Varinius 'Varney'. He stopped when he heard that they were standing inside the Valhala. He has heard stories about it from the old man and has always wondered what it actually looked like. The mighty ship that turned the tables in the legendary war... Elliot frowned at it's pitiful state.

When the immortal mentioned something about 'mortal assistance', Elliot asked "When you said mortal assistance, you didn't mean killing whoever crashed your ship did you?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Varinius was taken aback by his hand suddenly being dragged by the human to check his pulse. He tugged his limb back quickly and shook it slightly as if surprised that it hadn't been hurt. He had a touch of a smile as they were asked if they were real. It was one of the better reactions mortals could have. The smile quickly disappeared at the nickname and Varinius scowled deeply at Leo, "It's Varinius," he insisted, "and I am... younger than that." He had no wish to share his back story with people he had just met.

He looked around the Valhala. "There has been something off," he muttered, "since I awoke this morning." His hand gently touched the wall before he turned back to Leo. "Do you mean for them to learn blood magic?' he asked shocked.

Mona cocked her head a little at the mention of blood magic "I know how to use Blood Magic!" she said looking a little excited "Only a little though..." she added, the excitement seeming to wane from her voice a little as she said so. Things were really starting to become interesting now, she just met TWO immortals, but all the talk about needing their help and the mention of what had damaged the airship the teleporting immortal had called "Valhalla", what exactly was happening here? Was she missing something?

Leo waved his hand at Varinius dismissively. "Varney, Varinius, whatever." He was to busy being shocked by the young girl's answer to care properly. "Really? Didn't all of the mystic orders collapse after the plague?" He asked, coming closer to her, "Are you self taught? Or did you learn from another spell caster? Who were they? Were they certified? Is anyone certified these days? How irresponsible of a teacher does one have to be to teach BLOOD MAGIC TO A CHILD!?" He shouted the last part, looking questioningly at the female, "Oh, and what's your name?"

"Wait, you too?!", Elliot also leaned a little closer when the little girl declared she can use blood magic. "Were you able to fix the weakening problem? Do you still have problems multi-casting?", he beamed more questions like this in a fast-paced manner. He has never seen another blood magic user like him and he'd love to learn another spell aside from the 3 basic spells he knows of.

Varinius was unable to stop his eyebrows from shooting up into his hairline at both confessions. "Two?" he said in disbelief. How had there been two blood mages in the same place. He knew that it was incredibly rare, and to have both of them so young... well that could be a blessing and a curse. Obviously they wouldn't have the power that a Master blood mage would have, but they also wouldn't be so ingrained in making the same mistakes. He glanced at Leo.

"How young were both of you when you were taught?" asked the immortal.

Mona looked a bit embarassed when she was asked about in depth knowledge of blood magic "Like I said... I don't know much... Just the basics..." she said awkwardly, she looked sheepish about admitting this. On the other hand, when she was asked how young she was when she was taught blood magic. "I was... 12 At the time... My master taught me magic mostly, but, he also taught me the little he knew about blod magic." She said quietly, that had happened nearly 7 years ago...

Elliot tried to recall the first time the old man taught him blood magic. "I guess it was when I was 11..... but the old man never called it 'magic'. He always called it 'tricks' ". He fell silent when he realised it happened 10 years ago. Goddamn I'm old, Elliot thought to himself.